PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hi All Back today after swapping my ps3 version for the pc and as I though its not so much a change from the demo to final product but the change from pc demo to ps3 final game is what the whole dissapointment is all about. not sure where i would be if i played the demo on ps3 altho the game did irk me a lot with all the funny stuff going on, side step drible horendous keepers and the a feeling of being disjointed. It also feels super fast on the ps3 compared to the pc. i dont like changing the settings as it then feels sluggish and not as intended and makes no use for when u play online.

anyway i think its fair to say i would have been dissapointed with the ps3 version without playing the pc version. still the best pes yet but jeesus they havnt come on much snce pes 6 (ps2 and xbox)

Onto the pc version and i urge anyone who hasnt played it on a pc to try it. i had only played pes 6 on pc before this but it really does shine on this system. super smooth and its like a more developed and polished pes 6 with more layers of tactics and player inividuality. this wil be my pes for ages, the new level of AI challenge will keep me playing and i can finally stop playing pes 6. even if you dont have a super fast pc, give the demo a shot as i say its not much different from the final game. i am playing on a 4 year old laptop (was top of the range at the time tho) and its amazing.

game on ps3 - major dissapointment (prob still better than pes 2011 but looks and plays like an old game)

game on pc - best pes yet, super smooth and felt in control, good pace and ball physics. would say it feels like a progression from pes 6 - a feeling i instantly got when i first played the pc demo.

hope this helps some people who were feeling the same as me regarding the ps3 version.

see u in the pc section!

I may be joining the PC section with you too, just need to sort out my PC. Got the PS3 version, played some very exhilarating matches online, but the speed is a little annoying.

May I ask what your laptop specs are? I've always thought laptops can't run games smoothly and get too hot.

You truly are a legend in my book. ;)

Thankyou so much. :)

Looking forward to giving Chimps edit's a good blast as well. :TU:

Edit- I notice the Boro emblem is the N-Power badge, I have the Boro Emblem, should I just use that ? Or is that what you meant by uploading the full file ?

konami left us short on emblems so i had to use 1 championship emblem for the whole league:COAT:

Yeah i just don't know how you console kids do it. I have to heavily mod this game to enjoy it with Yair and Jenkey's stuff. I spoke yesterday about how annoying i found the abundance of low and hard shots but since i've put a physics patch on i haven't noticed this issue half as much. Essentially i made the ball lighter so it rises easily if you put too much power on it. I also downloaded Konami's official 1.01 patch and out of the two games i played i haven't noticed anywhere near as many keeper blunders. They seem more aware. It's not perfect but it is better than what i saw yesterday. I think the .exe i'm using (Yair's 3rd patch) might be making a difference too.

Plus this game doesn't feel like Pes 6. I'm not sure where that description comes from. Perhaps people are enjoying it like they enjoyed Pes 6? I on the other hand did not enjoy Pes 6 so as i am enjoying this it doesn't feel like pes 6.

Watching replays in the replay gallery is quite annoying. The replay speed is so slow. I just scored a blistering volley with Nagatomo and it doesn't look as good in slow mo as it did in the actual game.

Last edited:
So is the general feeling pes 2011 is better or no worse than pes 2012?

Pes 2012 is better IMO. It just plays more smoothly and is all the better for it. I liked PES 2011 but there were so many animation lockups and player switching issues (ultimately defensive issues). That would destroy a lot of enjoyment for me at least. Pes 2012 is just like PES 2011 in a way. An incomplete article. It's decent enough though and there's no doubt in my mind that is a more fun game to play than 2011. PES 2011 was probably more of a simulation at its core but i honestly couldn't get over defending at times. That is an aspect which is so much better in 2012.

Last edited:
So is the general feeling pes 2011 is better or no worse than pes 2012?

PES 2012 is definitely a better game than PES 2011, it just feels a bit more...inconsistent. The game is sublime against a human opponent, but only when played at -2 speed and 0 pass assistance. They have improved a lot of the issues that plagued 2011 but at the same time introduced a whole new slew of problems. Like others have said, Seabass and co need to focus on making their next game a more consistent experience.

PES 2012 is definitely a better game than PES 2011, it just feels a bit more...inconsistent. The game is sublime against a human opponent, but only when played at -2 speed and 0 pass assistance. They have improved a lot of the issues that plagued 2011 but at the same time introduced a whole new slew of problems. Like others have said, Seabass and co need to focus on making their next game a more consistent experience.

so its not worth buying for offline play?

to have -2 speed and 0 pass asssitance you need a willing opponent right?

opponent may not play like that?

I have fifa 12 for pc im unsure to buy this or not. The demo was ok it didnt blow me away. I havent played against humans

I have fifa 12 for pc im unsure to buy this or not. The demo was ok it didnt blow me away. I havent played against humans

It definitely is worth buying for offline. I love it. Get it for the ps3 and get our patch on it and I promise you will think it's worth it.

Not sure if it's just me being rubbish, but I need assistance turned up with the game play changes or a lot of passes to astray

Well if he's got a PC capable of playing Fifa 12 then he's probably got a PC capable of playing PES 2012, in which case get PES 2012 for PC because a)it's the best version and b)it's cheaper

Well if he's got a PC capable of playing Fifa 12 then he's probably got a PC capable of playing PES 2012, in which case get PES 2012 for PC because a)it's the best version and b)it's cheaper

yeh I read pc version is better?

My pc can play if full detail

Can anyone tell me how to control my keeper when he collects the ball. I'm playing on manual but cannot change cursor to the keeper when he is in possession.

Sooo frustrating, as the computer controls instead and blasts the ball upfield.

Someone please help.....

i think it needs a new dev team to start afresh.

Yes that is my opinion. If you didn't like the demos you probably won't like the full game. If you have a PS3 try renting it and download chimps' option file. Try playing online with the PEELers. Against the CPU, all of this year's improvements are worthless.

played my first games on the weekend and have to say PES2012 is a much better game than last year's game.

a few things are still below par:
- the goalkeepers (slow, make lots of stupid mistakes)
- crossing is much to easy (balls find players always every time)
- animations still clumsy at times
- presentation and music still awful
- athmosphere during games and after goals
- colors of shooting bar are strange (someone at konami likes rainbows?)
- champions league licence is a joke (no real teams etc.)
- fewer licences (brasil and argentina now without real kits)

It's a lot of things. The standard of the team needs to be quite high. Teamwork plays a big part too. But one of the main things is not having individuals who unbalance the game by being unrealistically good.

Players who can go past people too easily or pass too fast or accelerate and run too fast give a big advantage to attacking. I try to tone these down and keep individual skills of each player how they should be

Thanks!:TU:

That's odd. Did you concede?

I brought my goalkeeper to the halfway line in my last game and deliberately lost to ball to check what the CPU do. Turns out they don't want to shoot into the open net. Bit saddened by that. The other day i did i did a goalie charge whilst the CPU had the ball (about 25-30 yards out) and again it turns out they don't to attempt to shoot/lob into the largely empty net. Puzzling.

I noticed something today that I've never seen before. It may have been in the previous games but I've just never spotted it.

When you bring your keeper out of the box, a defender will rush back into the goals and stand on the line.

So maybe that's why the AI didn't hoof the ball at the goal from far away.

Why do people keep claiming the PC version has better gameplay? Surely straight out the box, not including modded gameplay, it's the exact same game just with better graphics. Under the bonnet it'll be the exct same game. Mod patches might well improve the game no end, but Konami release the same game across all formats.

Unless I've misread some people and everyone on PC is using mods (which I would to be fair)!

No point in playing it on PC with no mods, unless you really feel the gameplay out of the box is already great.

Yes that is my opinion. If you didn't like the demos you probably won't like the full game. If you have a PS3 try renting it and download chimps' option file. Try playing online with the PEELers. Against the CPU, all of this year's improvements are worthless.

I have pc demos. When I play them I think they are decent but I dont think OMG this is fun I cant stop playing like back old PES games.

In fact the games have this weird empty feeling..maybe lck of commentary in demo? But the ball has lttile weight and shots even screamers dont feel good, pass sounds are stupid. Something about the game just lacks ''energy''. I cant explain it.

However there was times I was enjoying.

Well I still play we9le online and have fifa 12 which I quite enjoy so I dont know if there is any point in pes 2012 for me.

I tried going back to fifa tonight for some manager mode fun while I wait for an OF. For some reason I struggled to enjoy it and ended up turning it off and putting PES back in. I used to really like it but once I'd played pes 2012 fully and gotten used to it again... all the usual irritations of fifa really hit me hard.

The more I've played PES the more it's opened up. It's just been really hard coming directly from fifa having to re learn how to play. But just like the old ps2 games where you'd struggle to do anything for weeks and then suddenly it starts to creek open and you get flashes of brilliance. Today out of no where I clicked how to use R2 and ended up turning a defender inside and out, skipped through his challenge and the oncoming second defenders challenge... knocked it to the right slightly and then cracked one into the top corner.
I don't think I could recreate that moment again which made it all the more special.

I noticed something today that I've never seen before. It may have been in the previous games but I've just never spotted it.

When you bring your keeper out of the box, a defender will rush back into the goals and stand on the line.

So maybe that's why the AI didn't hoof the ball at the goal from far away.

That's true and may well have happened in my first example. I couldn't see the goal. The second example i know there wasn't a player there. In fact today i did it again because the computer broke free on the half way line as i went full attack. He was dribbling towards goal and my goalkeeper took the ball from him when he got about 25 yards out. Again there were no defenders anywhere near close to the goal. I am certain in the demo players took it round the keeper and shot.

I watched the Chelsea - Everton game on ESPN this weekend. I always thought Jon Champion was terrible in PES but quite frankly he is just as awful in real life too. How is the commentary this year anyway? Anything new? I didn't even give it a chance before i installed the Spanish commentary instead.

I watched the Chelsea - Everton game on ESPN this weekend. I always thought Jon Champion was terrible in PES but quite frankly he is just as awful in real life too. How is the commentary this year anyway? Anything new? I didn't even give it a chance before i installed the Spanish commentary instead.

They've added a few new bits and bobs for Jon. Like he now shouts things like 'HE SHOOTS!', 'IT'S A GOAL!' or says at a normal volume... 'and he shoots....' (then shouts) AND SCORES!'

Is that just for the PC? I had a quick look on my 360 and only language options were for the in-game text sadly.

I tried going back to fifa tonight for some manager mode fun while I wait for an OF. For some reason I struggled to enjoy it and ended up turning it off and putting PES back in. I used to really like it but once I'd played pes 2012 fully and gotten used to it again... all the usual irritations of fifa really hit me hard.

The more I've played PES the more it's opened up. It's just been really hard coming directly from fifa having to re learn how to play. But just like the old ps2 games where you'd struggle to do anything for weeks and then suddenly it starts to creek open and you get flashes of brilliance. Today out of no where I clicked how to use R2 and ended up turning a defender inside and out, skipped through his challenge and the oncoming second defenders challenge... knocked it to the right slightly and then cracked one into the top corner.
I don't think I could recreate that moment again which made it all the more special.

a shame most with assisted controls online though

AAAARGH THIS STUMBLE ANIMATION!!!!

WTF have Konami done to this game? It's a joke. I turned the thing off after 25 minutes of an England v Bosnia match because in that short time I had managed to beat a man on the wings with either Ashley Cole or Ashley Young, only to see someone come screaming across, run into the back of them, and activate this fucking stumble animation no less than SEVEN TIMES in the first 25 minutes of the game, which equates to about 3 minutes of game time.

Konami have ruined the game with this. It was my only major problem in the end with PES2011 and it's actually been increased by far. Seven times in less than three minutes I lost the ball due to someone making any kind of bodily contact and control being removed from the player. It's a fucking joke. I mean both of those England players are lightning fast. I managed to beat the defender, yet people magically catch up then the game rolls out this animation every single time. I thought the 'catch up bug' was removed from this? It had been removed from the demo, I was able to tear down the wing with the likes of Bale in the knowledge that it was hard to get the space to gallop into, but once you did, something exciting could happen, just as in real life. But the final version sees players hammer across the pitch at about three times the speed of even these lightning fast players, and once they brush you then you just stumble off the ball. Total and utter bullshit. It's making me switch it off and play FIFA12 instead right now.

Oh, and I can't even play with updated teams, I tried downloading data pack 1 and it's told me all weekend that it's unavailable. Nice work Konami yet again.

Last edited:

WTF have Konami done to this game? It's a joke. I turned the thing off after 25 minutes of an England v Bosnia match because in that short time I had managed to beat a man on the wings with either Ashley Cole or Ashley Young, only to see someone come screaming across, run into the back of them, and activate this fucking stumble animation no less than SEVEN TIMES in the first 25 minutes of the game, which equates to about 3 minutes of game time.

Konami have ruined the game with this. It was my only major problem in the end with PES2011 and it's actually been increased by far. Seven times in less than three minutes I lost the ball due to someone making any kind of bodily contact and control being removed from the player. It's a fucking joke.

I've played PES2012 for a while now with all manner of teams and not seen the old PES2011 stumble animation even once. I'm interested to know if it's there ready to emerge and ruin PES2012 for me just like it did PES2011. Have you got a video of the animation you mean (in PES2012, I know what it looked like in PES2011), or know of one please?

Konami have ruined the game with this. It was my only major problem in the end with PES2011 and it's actually been increased by far. Seven times in less than three minutes I lost the ball due to someone making any kind of bodily contact and control being removed from the player. It's a fucking joke.

It's a mechanic that really unsettles the whole flow the game as well. The most satisfaction I got out of the demos was knowing I could put my foot on the ball and not have to instantly worry of losing possession. It becomes so repetitive as well, every play breaks down at the edge of the D where the CPU camps at least 6 players behind the ball.

Can't be arsed with it anymore tbh. It doesn't play like football to me. I'm constantly having to revert into 'gaming mode' to get anything out of it, everything seems to go against natural footballing instincts.

This isn't the game I played 4 weeks ago that convinced me to pre-order.

Back
Top Bottom