PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Bang on...I honestly can't even play the PS3 version any more, it's just too broken. As others have said on here and other forums changing the speed, camera angle etc etc just sends the game skitz. It's basically unplayable.

I then tried the PC version, and it's like a TOTALLY different game, I don't say this lightly but I'd rate the PS3 version as about a 7 and that's being generous, maybe even a 6.5. The PC version I'd rate at 9 or 9.5, it's stunning. Players are responsive but don't feel skaty, player switching is brilliant, keepers are solid and do what you expect. Just everything. The PC is the way to go guys.

Glad someone else can relate to what I'm feeling, still think that pes 12 on ps3 is better than pes11 tho by quite a lot but comparing it to the pc demo I'm left really disappointed. Pc version here I come!

On a completely unrelated note - Do goalkeepers no longer go up for corner kicks in the last minute? I just had one in the 91st minute 5-4 down to Real and he didn't come up.

The keepers do come up – when you don't want them to.

I was 2-0 up in a Champions Ligue match tonight and my keeper came up for a corner in the last minute :(

The keepers do come up – when you don't want them to.

I was 2-0 up in a Champions Ligue match tonight and my keeper came up for a corner in the last minute :(

That's odd. Did you concede?

I brought my goalkeeper to the halfway line in my last game and deliberately lost to ball to check what the CPU do. Turns out they don't want to shoot into the open net. Bit saddened by that. The other day i did i did a goalie charge whilst the CPU had the ball (about 25-30 yards out) and again it turns out they don't to attempt to shoot/lob into the largely empty net. Puzzling.

Last edited:
It's weird what difference of a game it is when you turn the speed to -1, so much better game, shame the online is set to 0

It seems that there are some pretty startling differences between versions (as there were with the demos) playing the 360 version and a lot of the criticisms posted here aren't things I can agree with at all. Like, goalkeepers... I have seen ONE bit of goalkeeping which was anything more than slightly questionable (and it was a massive fuck up) but that's one in a large number of goals.

Playing offline with friends feels smooth, realistic, and strategic. It's not perfect, but I'm really enjoying the game and the goals I'm scoring. I've never seen a game which produces so many believable goals and plays.

A

What level of pass assistance are you using Rod? I was on 1 but I've gone for 0 now. 1 seems to have really inconsistent levels of power required for each pass, sometimes it was assisted sometimes it wasn't, so it either cannoned past the target or barely rolled an inch. 0 is better but I'm missing the individuality from past games in the passing stakes. I had a mess about with Xavi in training and he was no better than my defaults at picking out a man.... :(

Agree about keeping though. Big complaint with me in the demos, but not a problem so far in the retail.

Wish my players would make more runs though. What happened to all these dummy & diagonal darts away from the man? I seem to spend the entire game on the brink of the opponents box, waiting from something to happen.

That's odd. Did you concede?

I brought my goalkeeper to the halfway line in my last game and deliberately lost to ball to check what the CPU do. Turns out they don't want to shoot into the open net. Bit saddened by that. The other day i did i did a goalie charge whilst the CPU had the ball (about 25-30 yards out) and again it turns out they don't to attempt to shoot/lob into the largely empty net. Puzzling.

Lol Did you shout "The goalkeeper is DAWWWN! SHOOT!" in an arnold schwarzzneger accent

Wish my players would make more runs though. What happened to all these dummy & diagonal darts away from the man? I seem to spend the entire game on the brink of the opponents box, waiting from something to happen.

I know exactly what you mean! Never had this problem in either demo if the players do make a run it's always back the way, Ribery drives me mad by not moving forward :RANT:

Last edited:
Goalgerd,

I've noticed you have a few teams like Genk etc mixed with Bundesliga teams. This year we have Genk etc under other European teams. Are you still keeping them under your Central league?

It saddens me but I think I'm putting this game down for a long while.

I love the defensive mechanic, love the dribbling and love love love the passing (on 0 assistance). I also feel the individuality of my players with every play.

HOWEVER, playing this game against the CPU is just plain boring. After 50+ games the CPU strategy becomes very predictable.

While player individuality is a cornerstone of my experience,it means absolutely nothing to the CPU; They will never misplace/mishit a pass, never overshoot a longball and their headers are always inch perfect. No amount of tactics changes or stat fixing can rectify these issues because they are deliberate design decisions. Worst of all, I don't want to play online because it is a total shitfest (no PEEL for me).

If the next PES doesn't make considerable changes, I will be done with the series. I'm not paying 50 quid to only play the game on the rare occasion when mates are over.

It saddens me but I think I'm putting this game down for a long while.

I love the defensive mechanic, love the dribbling and love love love the passing (on 0 assistance). I also feel the individuality of my players with every play.

HOWEVER, playing this game against the CPU is just plain boring. After 50+ games the CPU strategy becomes very predictable.

While player individuality is a cornerstone of my experience,it means absolutely nothing to the CPU; They will never misplace/mishit a pass, never overshoot a longball and their headers are always inch perfect. No amount of tactics changes or stat fixing can rectify these issues because they are deliberate design decisions. Worst of all, I don't want to play online because it is a total shitfest (no PEEL for me).

If the next PES doesn't make considerable changes, I will be done with the series. I'm not paying 50 quid to only play the game on the rare occasion when mates are over.

whats wrong with online? no good modes?

Okay I love this game against the right people and loathe it against anyone else.
Playing online is a pain in the arse when the likes of Genk play like barcelona. Not a single pass goes astray throughballs are as effective as PES2011 and the football is ugly as hell. You can hit a pass from anywhere with anyone.

Why konami, why? Also every team I play has a quick counter tactic so while you hold the ball around the box probing for openings, if you lose the ball its boom 2 quick passes and you are screwed.

I have NEVER been this dissappointed in Konami before. Its one thing to have a poor foundation ala PES2008 but to have the foundation with PES2011 and make mess of it like this is worse. Every improvement they have made is nullified by their inability to stick to what gave them critical acclaim. Clearly they are catering for casual players who are more intent on ranking points than good football. The more they try to compete with fifa by simplifying things the more they are going to lose support. FIFA fans are not going to leave their franchise come to terms with that and concentrate on keeping the fans you have.

Its also time to take the aesthetics to a new level I'm not sure if its the PC demo but the full game on PS3 is one fugly creature. When you look at what's on offer at present on the PS3 and Xbox360 you have to be a bit ashamed of PES in terms of sound, graphics and aesthetic appeal.

I am very irritated that this game is standing on the edge of greatness but the simple flaws as a result of plain laziness when developing kill the experience.

Rant over:
I'll be playing this all year with a bitter taste in my mouth.

The awful stumble animation (which apparently wasn't in the demo, didn't play it), along with the speed issues that occur, can't this be solved with another patch? Last year was the year of walking down the sidelines and CPU defenders would just leave you alone until a patch fixed that major problem. This year there are other major problems, and I hope that they'll be fixed.

In the opening entrance before a match when the camera is showing their faces the players seem to flicker. Anyone else having this problem?

I've said this countless times but offering the user different levels of control assistance only serves to fragment the online community. It's obvious that the cocktail of fully assisted gameplay plus majority casual user-base, mixed with the prevalent win-at-all-costs attitude of the average online gamer will produce bad results for the hardcore simulation crowd.

Something that I've always respected about PES is that, until now, everyone played the game the same way i.e. there were no pass assist settings, just a manual modifier for those that wanted to use it. I wish Konami had the balls to make zero or one bar pass assistance the new default - and only - control scheme. Unfortunately, as is the way with games these days, everything has to be ultra-accessible to avoid losing sales. The fact is PES is increasingly becoming a niche product so Konami must appeal to the casual gamer as well as appeasing the hardcore sim purists. Hence what we have now.

The pass assist thing makes me want to scream really. I've been fighting on the forums to push EA to balance their game's assistance settings for years and now Konami have gone and made the same mistake!

The pass assist thing makes me want to scream really. I've been fighting on the forums to push EA to balance their game's assistance settings for years and now Konami have gone and made the same mistake!

The introduction of pass assistance was inevitable. They are trying to cater for all kinds of players by allowing you to change its level.

But they should have made zero as default, and whoever needs it can turn it on.

I've had a good thrash now - both ps3 and PC, mostly online - and I'm already utterly bored with the game. Goal scoring is tediously formulaic, Keepers are donkeys, any player can perform a perfect 180degree pass, and the ball is made of rubber.

2011, for all it's flaws, is a far more balanced game and it never gets old. If only Konami had built on it's strengths we would have a killer game on our hands. A shame really. Hate to be negative.

Last edited:
The introduction of pass assistance was inevitable. They are trying to cater for all kinds of players by allowing you to change its level.

But they should have made zero as default, and whoever needs it can turn it on.

Making X Y or Z default won't help. As soon as people realise there is something they can do to advantage themselves they will - look at FIFA's goalkeeper controlling exploit problem. It's not exactly obvious but it spread like wildfire.

Dealing with the pass assistance problem has to be done either by balancing, or by segregating, or by prevention. EA have at least done one of these, unfortunately, Konami haven't done it at all.

I'm playing offline with 0 pass assistance with friends and it is pretty good.

Some more thoughts..

Playing PC version on -2, 0 pass assist, Jenkey's tool for lighter ball physic and slightly more curve and tweaked AI.

If you haven't play on these settings, you haven't experienced anything yet.

After playing this game even more with/without tweaked gameplay/physics, i noticed:

Crossing too assisted/accurate. Especially the accuracy should be toned down unless the crosser is really good and isn't under pressure they can have it like it is now with like a 95% ratio.
I think it's possible to somewhat manual cross with :l1: although it's technically the early cross, but i've been using it as a 'manual modifier' and it's completely different than without using :l1:.

Air duel is too random especially in the box on defence (same goes for CPU AI) It's a lot better in midfield now unlike demo's.
In the box the attackers are highly favored over defenders (not good imo!)

Slide tackles with :circle:, i'm 50/50 on those. I feel better tacklers/defenders should have different feel/animations. Feels a bit too similar. Slide tackles should be longer (AND MORE LOGICAL DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION) when you're sprinting full on etc. Pitch and weather physics could/should play a bigger part in this. (maybe 2013?)

The defence/attack settings with 'select :r1:/:r2: or :l2: up/down' seem to make a huge difference in combination with tactics like player support (def/bal/off) and defence line. I'm pretty sure a lot of folks haven't even touched this yet. I've read quite the "my players aren't making any runs but on the demo they were!" Yeah i'm pretty sure you haven't touched it yet. :TTTH:

I remember complaining about the refs a few weeks ago in the full version compared to demo (where they were awesome), well i'm not anymore. They could do better with late bookings and not giving advantage when it doesn't have any use. More quick free-kicks etc. But when it comes to fouls they are so much better on -2. And i've finally seen different types of referee(s) STRICTNESS.

Speed -2 in itself is just a different game. Tons more individuality. I can talk about it all i want, but you need to play it to believe it.:SMUG:

YouTube - Goalgerd Chimps Klashman European Club SoccerV1.mp4

should be ready by monday,soundtrack not included! Chimps your stats copied over,notice how most teams have high tactical awareness,makes the gameplay much better

Is that the stats from the file I put up yesterday? Just watched the video. Looks class. I can't believe how much the new editing stuff has speeded up the creation of files with that many teams already setup.

If you release that I will keep working on the game play all the time for the new teams and improving teams and releasing game play updates. I need to sort out the card situation for attacking Players and improve keepers and edit Players who have came in since last year

Think i noticed a bug when checking out my stats after matches.

I saw this Fouls 0 / (Offsides) (5)
Those 5 offsides were fouls and not offsides lol, what kind of dumbass bug is that :P

Last edited:
Is that the stats from the file I put up yesterday? Just watched the video. Looks class. I can't believe how much the new editing stuff has speeded up the creation of files with that many teams already setup.

If you release that I will keep working on the game play all the time for the new teams and improving teams and releasing game play updates. I need to sort out the card situation for attacking Players and improve keepers and edit Players who have came in since last year

What are you exactly 'improving' in the stats to get 'better/balanced' gameplay?
Teamwork stats?

Back
Top Bottom