PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

PS3 is notorious for being a bitch to programme for. It's why the best looking games are almost exclusively Sony licenced/in-house games. It's a strange one, the best looking PS3 games are stunning, but otherwise 360 tends to get better looking multiple format games because it's so similar to the PC. Doesn't explain why the PC version of PES is graphically poor too. There's limitless potential on that format.

I'm personally not sure why Konami can't handle current gen consoles? Smaller companies have made much better looking games. Are 2K any bigger than Konami?

I think the reason why PES does not seem like a nxt-gen game is because it's still using the PS2 engine, Play PES 2012 on 480p and your basically playing a new version of PES 6 PS2.

PS3 is notorious for being a bitch to programme for. It's why the best looking games are almost exclusively Sony licenced/in-house games. It's a strange one, the best looking PS3 games are stunning, but otherwise 360 tends to get better looking multiple format games because it's so similar to the PC. Doesn't explain why the PC version of PES is graphically poor too. There's limitless potential on that format.

I'm personally not sure why Konami can't handle current gen consoles? Smaller companies have made much better looking games. Are 2K any bigger than Konami?

I think they have to take into account the time and resources available to them, plus the quality of people they hire. Oh and obviously the kind of game you're making makes a difference. Fighting zombies isn't similar to playing against 11 players with AI for example, with each one of them having it's own little mind depending on many factors as well. Add to that the animations, strategy, all that stuff into the mix.

Also I ain't sure about 2k really.

I'm really starting to feel it now, copious amounts of weed and two days of friendlies are starting to pay off. Like the old games its starting to click but no doubt I'll lose my next match after saying that.

I loved pes 2011 but I finally have a pes game to top pes 5, -2 game speed, 0 pass assist offline is sublime and manual pass with LT gives you limitless options. I think some people may be judging the game too quickly unless you're playing online and have to deal with the default arcade settings, offline this game will do me for the next 10 months and is the best football game I have played.

Love the shooting although not perfect, I feel it builds on last years system but there is more variation in trajectory, jimmy's tips about pushing harder in the desired direction seem to work well especially when you create an angle. I feel the game replicates the instinctive nature of striking a ball as well as measured shots where you have time to pick an angle. I love how you can achieve a placed shot just by using the correct body position.

Love the individuality and starting to delve deeper into tactics which is starting paying off. Of course the game has flaws but there's so much good in this game the negatives dont linger. enjoying superstar difficulty although the AI can be overpowered, even at -2 some of their passing can be on the quick side but overall love the challenge and flow of matches. I do miss manual crossing however.

Staring to get that feeling that I had with the last gen games where you slowly begin to fall in love with the game.

This is game is very good BUT I am playing Master League and any enjoyment that I can get from this game is totally being taken away by the poor goalkeepers.

I am playing as Blackburn and Paul Robinson in goal is conceding stupid goals every match, I have played 8 games in the Master League and have lost 6 all through poor goalkeeping by Robinson. The game is hard (which I like) but for me the goalkeepers are broken at the moment. I am playing on the PS3 and I downloaded the patch.

Perhaps ur right from ps3 demo to ps3 game - I may have been spoiled playing pc demo within crisp graphics and super smooth gameplay. Passing was ok in this demo too, shooting was great and I just felt more in control of the game. Going from pc demo to ps3 final game left me underwhelmed, disappointed and yearning for a smoother better looking experience. Roll on tomo, I'll post my views on the pc version compared to ps3 version.

We await your opinion ;)

Pfff sorry guys but i can't understand people who like demo 1 or 2 but they don't like full. WTF? :CONFUSE: Full is much better than 2 demos.

- pace in full is much better than in demo 2. It's between 1 and 2 demo.

- shooting is better because it's feel normal right now. In demo 2 shooting had to much powewr! It's feel unrealistic.

- animations in full ver feel smoother. Lots of new animations.

- keepers? Of course they are much better than in demos. Less mistakes etc. In full tey are better balance. Not superhumans and not amateurs.

- ball pshysics better.

Seroiusly in my opinion full is better than 2 demos in all areas. How somebody can like demo 1 or 2 but not full? Sorry....

Last edited:
Pfff sorry guys but i can't understand people who like demo 1 or 2 but they don't like full. WTF? :CONFUSE: Full is much better than 2 demos.

- pace in full is much better than in demo 2. It's between 1 mad 2 demo.

- shooting is better because it's feel normal right now. In demo 2 shooting had to much powewr! It's feel unrealistic.

- animations in full ver feel smoother. Lots of new animations.

- keepers? Of course they are much better than in demos. Less mistakes etc. In full tey are better balance. Not superhumans and not amateurs.

- ball pshysics better.

Seroiusly in my opinion full is better than 2 demos in all areas. How somebody can like demo 1 or 2 but not full? Sorry....
I loved playing with Santos in the demo, the AI was incredible with players moving all round the pitch, Play with Santos in the full game and it's a totally different story and players remain static or they just keep going backwards no forward runs happen at all.

To me it seems as if AI has been restrained for some reason.

On a positive note, you guys seen this?

YouTube - Pes 2012 - Messi Moonwalk

:WORSHIP:

Yep, my games yesterday with Zero Assistance against fellow PEELer's were the best games of PES I've ever had online. So realistic with smaller teams and the lesser pace.

Edit -

I've still seen that animation LT, maybe it's just not as prominent. I signed Giannis Fetfatzidis from Olympiacos for just over £1 million. He was performing that move no problem, he is a ridiculously good buy at that price as well.

The passing I'm finding at it's most prominent, statistically, on Zero Assistance, than ever. I need to really concentrate with the lesser passers and keep it simple, but the better passers can pull off those chipped through-balls so much better. I love Zero Assistance, takes time to get the weight of pass right, but I'm playing MLO with pretty much default ML players, and on Zero Assistance, it doesnt get any harder than that.

Fast and tricky players are still waaaaaay too good online, but I kind of expected that after they removed the 'catch-up' bug. It truly is a fine balancing act that no-one has found the answer to.

I wish someone would release a Championship OF soon, I'm dying to start my ML with Middlesbrough.

il have a file up by monday jim:))

il have a file up by monday jim:))

I am just about to put upgraded file up for anyone who wants to try it. I did a lot more editing last year after the one that was released and I am blown away with how well it has upgraded to 2012.

Can you use this file as a base to add the strips and new teams?

I have also done some further editing to slow down some players and improve some new players.

Here it is -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2570801361/CHIMPS2012GAMEPLAY.rar

Last edited:
I am just about to put upgraded file up for anyone who wants to try it. I did a lot more editing last year after the one that was released and I am blown away with how well it has upgraded to 2012.

I have also done some further editing to slow down some players and improve some new players.

Here it is -

ive already used the last pes 2011 file you sent me as a base and added kits and players:COAT:

Like I say, try the file I linked above, it's better again.

Just played Chelsea v Liverpool and Inter v Milan and had two of the best, most realistic games of football I have had on any format and lost both games.

i played real madrid vs lille in champions league on normal and i lost 2-1,hazard and moussa sow tore me to bits

what speed setting are you using? im using -2

ive already used the last pes 2011 file you sent me as a base and added kits and players:COAT:

Bugger. Well keep going with that and send me it before you put it up and I will have a quick look through it.

There is some new players that need edited for teams to play right. Some premier league teams like Newcastle and Man Utd have players that wouldnt have been previously edited and because of that aren't as good as they should be.

Also some players a team like Man City need toned down a bit or the game if too fast when using them.

Bugger. Well keep going with that and send me it before you put it up and I will have a quick look through it.

There is some new players that need edited for teams to play right. Some premier league teams like Newcastle and Man Utd have players that wouldnt have been previously edited and because of that aren't as good as they should be.

Also some players a team like Man City need toned down a bit or the game if too fast when using them.

ok will do,il have it ready for you by monday

i played real madrid vs lille in champions league on normal and i lost 2-1,hazard and moussa sow tore me to bits

I spent ages last year doing the french teams and always liked playing against them

It looks like we may be able to keep going year on year and getting the game play better each year if they keep letting us upgrade the stats.

I think using the edited data, the game is slower, but more responsive and more more balanced.

If it weren't for the subpar goalkeepers and clippings this would easily be the best football game I've ever played. Because of these issues I'm having a love/hate thing right now.

A shame because there is so much to like about this game. Very annoying.

I must confess.

I lowered the difficulty from Professional to Regular.

I had enough of CPU players constantly hunting you down and never giving you space to create any type of flowing, attacking football. Or barely any football at all. So now I'm getting used to all the new features at a steady pace at Regular, and I'm having a lot more fun with the game. And yes, I still lose occasionally so maybe I really just suck this year. As most of you, I had no problems playing on Top player on PES 2011.

But now I'll enjoy my Master League with Liverpool on Regular while actually being able to play the game and enjoy it. :)

+100000000000 Pes on PS3 and next gen is DEAD, this is the truth, look how METAL GEAR SOLID 4 evolved, look how GRAND TURISMO 5 evolved, look how TEKKEN 6 evolved, GEARS OF WAR 3, but look at PES, its the only game that failed horribly on the next gen, only new comers to the series like PES2012, even seebass said that the PS3 is a bad console comparing it to PS2

Tekken is the same as it has always been and MGS4 is generally regarded worse than MGS3... just saying you could have picked better games for your argument

I must confess.

I lowered the difficulty from Professional to Regular.

I had enough of CPU players constantly hunting you down and never giving you space to create any type of flowing, attacking football. Or barely any football at all. So now I'm getting used to all the new features at a steady pace at Regular, and I'm having a lot more fun with the game. And yes, I still lose occasionally so maybe I really just suck this year. As most of you, I had no problems playing on Top player on PES 2011.

But now I'll enjoy my Master League with Liverpool on Regular while actually being able to play the game and enjoy it. :)

what a shame. This game must not win me, i must resist lowering difficulty :CONFUSE:
i started a Master with Napoli and i keep losing all my games except two with Cagliari and a D2 team, those were two draws.
And goalkeeper keep making some silly mistakes

what a shame. This game must not win me, i must resist lowering difficulty :CONFUSE:
i started a Master with Napoli and i keep losing all my games except two with Cagliari and a D2 team, those were two draws.
And goalkeeper keep making some silly mistakes

I think the final nail in the coffin was playing the Euro Championships with Sweden, group phase with Denmark, Slovakia and Israel.

Lost to Slovakia 0-4.
Defeated Denmark 1-0.
Lost to Israel 0-3.

Felt like Denmark is the better of those sides, but I guess not. Now, on Regular, I even have time to learn the Teammate controls and have already realized the beauty of sending players on runs. Now that I actually have the time to do it before being wiped out by a mad CPU defender.

Here it is -

Any chance someone could put this on rapidshare, i can't download from filesonic. cheers

Back
Top Bottom