PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I completely agree with what that article says about PES12 being poor. As I was expecting, people finally realize the truek colors of PES. I will GUARANTEE you something guys. If Konami continue this path, PES as we know it will end forever. Nobody even talks or cares about this game anymore. Sorry but the minority of PES fana globaly won't be able to save this franchise. KONAMI also know this and they know the bar is about to close, last call for the drinks. We have to accet what's coming up ahead. Everything in life comes to an end, even life itself. The end of PES is coming too. You might troll me for this, but its the same feeling deep down in your gut you know it too. Enjoy whatevers left of Konami and if you have PES5/We9Le and other PS2 titles. Seabass will also realize this and will retire from PES too.

One thing is for sure, Konami made my teenage years beautiful. I will never forget that.

I feel bad for new breed, new kids, future gamers who will never know what a true football sim is like, unless of course they do some digging and play PES from PS2 era.

+100000000000 Pes on PS3 and next gen is DEAD, this is the truth, look how METAL GEAR SOLID 4 evolved, look how GRAND TURISMO 5 evolved, look how TEKKEN 6 evolved, GEARS OF WAR 3, but look at PES, its the only game that failed horribly on the next gen, only new comers to the series like PES2012, even seebass said that the PS3 is a bad console comparing it to PS2

nothing has changed in offline master league
what kind of fund are you talking about?

it says the money is given back to the team board or something along those lines... so does this mean for example if i have 10 million at the end of the season i will have to spend it ? or otherwise next season i start from zero? :CONFUSE:

So I have the game only played two games against CPU last night
at -1 which for me should be the default speed of the game -2 for
me is too slow.

The rest of the games were quick matches online which were lagless but my
god the default pace is too fast and with players playing on full assistance(me 1 bar) the game can be ping pong + run fests especially
with players only picking barca/real. Played a guy who was Getafe and had
a much better paced game.

One step forward two steps back routine - As i've said Seabass is lacking
in true direction with this game, why try to pander to Fifa's casual audience? You know Fifa isn't the same game as it was on the last gen nor are the fanbase for the most part. TBH Fifa has more of a simulation aspect to it now with option of the full manual play, animations, impact engine and now sliders. The game may not be fully based in true simulation but the concept is there.

Why put things in early build then take them out? This year was about seamless play and great they implemented it in the demo with quick throws, being able to change set-piece kickers with no fade-to-black, brilliant a great joy but then for some reason they take it out, why?

Quick free-kicks could be better aswell, the ref is better than 2011 still not on the level of fifa for advantage play and late bookings, but atleast fouls are pulled up better.

Stumbling animation now I haven't had it so bad like others there's been a few times when i've quickly managed to regain my posture and get to a loose ball, scored a goal from it yesterday. But yeah players being able to bounce off players on the demo was good so why change it?

Running animation is horrid, why is it so hard to make a decent running animation? Don't tell me tech? Not asking for something that is unbelievabley realistic and that captures every true movement of the human leg? Is it too hard to make something simple looking?

The series on this gen does not need constant tweaking but an overhaul.

Can't be arsed to go on further, i'll play more of the game later and maybe when a option file comes out things will be better.

was gonna buy this today - is it not worth it then?

I'd say it depends how much you liked PES 2011, this game is better than 2011 but im a returning PES guy this year (been away since Fifa 08) due to loving the demo's but if someone offered me my money back right now i'd bite their arm off.

Last edited:
+100000000000 Pes on PS3 and next gen is DEAD, this is the truth, look how METAL GEAR SOLID 4 evolved, look how GRAND TURISMO 5 evolved, look how TEKKEN 6 evolved, GEARS OF WAR 3, but look at PES, its the only game that failed horribly on the next gen, only new comers to the series like PES2012, even seebass said that the PS3 is a bad console comparing it to PS2

Nope, he didn't. And stop exaggerating. There's a big difference between slowly evolving, stalemate, and completely dead like you assume. And only new comers? I'm not sure about that one ;)

was gonna buy this today - is it not worth it then?

Rent it first Dan.

If you're in it for the fluff then you'll be disappointed. If you're in it for gameplay only then you may like it, depends though. Yep, rent it first.

It's not that big a difference as people make it out to be mate. Don't rely on us really, we all have our different tastes and opinions. Some can enjoy the game and some can't.

fuck - i enjoyed the demo aswell

I Thot the demo was awesome, was sooo looking forward to the game. It's not like it's bad (best pes this gen defo) it's just that I'm sooo dissapointed that the final game seems not as good as the demo. Never experienced that in my life not even with pes 2011.

I'm hoping this has something to do with being tainted by playing the demo on my laptop (pc version) will find out tomo when I trade my ps3 verision for the pc version!

Yeah I'd rent it if unsure.

I've read far too many conflicting reports from 'AI cheat all the time and beat me 5-0' to 'AI are terrible and I can win 7-0 on the hardest difficulty'. Then you have the head scratching comments like 'this would never happen in Fifa' which in most cases are just simply not true. I know, I've played both now.
For every dodgy keeper error in Pes I've had just as many in dodgy keeper errors in Fifa.... same with AI scripting to score against me, same with bugs in the animations creating odd moments, same with AI cheating to take the ball from you by passing through you or simply tackling when facing backwards or something silly like that. Same with certain animations randomly screwing up meaning you'll see your player side foot the ball and the ball reacts as if it;s been hit with a powerful laces shot. You name it... I've seen it in both now.

So it comes down to gameplay after that.

People are exaggerating loads really (drama queenery). I don't feel any difference from demo 2 except for passing (the assistance settings) and goalkeepers. Everything else is the same (yes, just played the demo 2). Playing with the same teams and settings feels about the same.

The problem is that the game is inconsistent, unstable even, and that becomes clearer in Master League and other long running game modes. And the online problem is a people problem, the reason why online sucks is not because of the game but because it's full of idiots who play in an abusive way. Yep, the game allows you to be a speed and exploit whore, doesn't mean you have to be one.

My tips for you to enjoy the game: Play on Professional, don't play online, play BAL.

Nope, he didn't. And stop exaggerating. There's a big difference between slowly evolving, stalemate, and completely dead like you assume. And only new comers? I'm not sure about that one ;)

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2013-will-be-very-different-seabass/

In a way, the PS2 was for us a great console but the PS3 was not so good

Slowly evolving? PSE isn't slowly evolving on next gen, its the complete opposite, the game got much worse on next gen, that's not evolving, the majorly of PES 2012 players are new comers, they have no idea how great PES used to be.

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2013-will-be-very-different-seabass/

Slowly evolving? PSE isn't slowly evolving on next gen, its the complete opposite, the game got much worse on next gen, that's not evolving, the majorly of PES 2012 players are new comers, they have no idea how great PES used to be.

Errr... How about you post the whole thing and not take things out of context, eh?

Here it is,

UOL Jogos: What would you like to see the next generation of consoles and how to leverage it in “Pro Evolution Soccer”?
Seabass: We are very dependent on the joystick. In this context I would like to see something that lets you perform more tricks and commands a higher sensitivity. In a way, the PS2 was for us a great console but the PS3 was not so good. It was not the fault of the game, but because at first we could not explore right away the potential of the PS3. In the last year and now, finally, we could actually take advantage of the hardware. So the next game would also like to enjoy it right away.

Makes more sense now, eh? Even with the bodgey translation.

Is Seabass saying there they have finally got to grips with PS3 and now taking advantage of it for PES 2012 or is he meaning PES 2013?

It would be baffling if he's meaning PES 2012.

People are exaggerating loads really (drama queenery). I don't feel any difference from demo 2 except for passing (the assistance settings) and goalkeepers. Everything else is the same (yes, just played the demo 2). Playing with the same teams and settings feels about the same.

The problem is that the game is inconsistent, unstable even, and that becomes clearer in Master League and other long running game modes. And the online problem is a people problem, the reason why online sucks is not because of the game but because it's full of idiots who play in an abusive way. Yep, the game allows you to be a speed and exploit whore, doesn't mean you have to be one.

My tips for you to enjoy the game: Play on Professional, don't play online, play BAL.

Brilliant.

Although, I can see myself loving the ML this year to.

Besides the consistency issues, my main gripe with this game is the fact that the "modifiers" mess up the game. I'll explain:

- Reducing the game speed makes the game unresponsive, increasing makes it too responsive and easier even.
- Passing assistance settings are overriding the passing stats too much, especially the more assisted ones, passing will be perfect no matter the stats.
- Top Player and Superstar overrate players. Especially on Superstar, poor players become footballing gods.

So yeah, the game on "balanced" settings has tons of individuality, but these game modifiers are disregarding it too much.

Errr... How about you post the whole thing and not take things out of context, eh?

Here it is,

Makes more sense now, eh? Even with the bodgey translation.

So are you telling me that five years isn't enough to "explore the potential of the PS3"? Why only him facing this problem? why didn't Hideo Kojima or Kazunori Yamauchi faced any problems?

If seebass failed to know the potential of PS3 and made faulty game, why should we buy it? why waste money on it?

So are you telling me that five years isn't enough to "explore the potential of the PS3"? Why only him facing this problem? why didn't Hideo Kojima or Kazunori Yamauchi faced any problems?

If seebass failed to know the potential of PS3 and made faulty game, why should we buy it? why waste money on it?

Tbf Kazunori Yamauchi failed horribly :BRMM:, all Japanese have struggled this gen and it's only been the last year or two they are finaly managing to catch up with the rest of the world it's just taking Seabass n co much longer than the rest of his counterparts.

Perhaps ur right from ps3 demo to ps3 game - I may have been spoiled playing pc demo within crisp graphics and super smooth gameplay. Passing was ok in this demo too, shooting was great and I just felt more in control of the game. Going from pc demo to ps3 final game left me underwhelmed, disappointed and yearning for a smoother better looking experience. Roll on tomo, I'll post my views on the pc version compared to ps3 version.

Tbf Kazunori Yamauchi failed horribly :BRMM:, all Japanese have struggled this gen and it's only been the last year or two they are finaly managing to catch up with the rest of the world it's just taking Seabass n co much longer than the rest of his counterparts.

Kazunori Yamauchi failed horribly? GT5 is the best selling exclusive title on PS3, selling 61,3k million copies worldwide. I am sure a lot of people bought PS3 just to play GT5.

Brilliant.

Although, I can see myself loving the ML this year to.

How do you find the stumble from PES2011 coming back in Jimmy? And what do you think about the dribbling animation where you ride a challenge seemingly being pulled out of the final version? I simply haven't seen it yet. However I am constantly getting robbed by that old stumble. Was the singular most annoying thing in PES2011 and is really bugging me that they actually put it back IN after such a good demo.

Also, I agree with you about pass assistance settings but I feel negligible difference between player to player when it comes to passing.

I'll get to ML too at some point, though I'm loving BAL too much to play anything else atm :D

And I'm sure that even online will also be great with the right people, as always ;)

Yep, my games yesterday with Zero Assistance against fellow PEELer's were the best games of PES I've ever had online. So realistic with smaller teams and the lesser pace.

Edit -

I've still seen that animation LT, maybe it's just not as prominent. I signed Giannis Fetfatzidis from Olympiacos for just over £1 million. He was performing that move no problem, he is a ridiculously good buy at that price as well.

The passing I'm finding at it's most prominent, statistically, on Zero Assistance, than ever. I need to really concentrate with the lesser passers and keep it simple, but the better passers can pull off those chipped through-balls so much better. I love Zero Assistance, takes time to get the weight of pass right, but I'm playing MLO with pretty much default ML players, and on Zero Assistance, it doesnt get any harder than that.

Fast and tricky players are still waaaaaay too good online, but I kind of expected that after they removed the 'catch-up' bug. It truly is a fine balancing act that no-one has found the answer to.

I wish someone would release a Championship OF soon, I'm dying to start my ML with Middlesbrough.

Last edited:
Kazunori Yamauchi failed horribly? GT5 is the best selling exclusive title on PS3, selling 61,3k million copies worldwide. I am sure a lot of people bought PS3 just to play GT5.

GT5 only came out a short while ago and they had YEARS to perfect that game and countless 'delays'.
Pes get 1 year to bunch together their plans and then see how the fans like it.
It's not as if they can put together a master plan that will take 3 or 4 years and at the end of each individual year cap off whatever they have at that point and sell it. You can't plan years in advance on a small budget and also knock out a game each year. It's one or the other.

I believe both of them are in the same boat as Seabass. Brilliant PS2 games, good PS3 games. From what I know, Seabass doesn't have enough resources and time to fully exploit the PS3. The PS3 as a system was complained about lots by devs as being difficult or complicated to deal with. Couple that with what Seabass said and you'd get the idea. Also, you still can't compare a sports game to another genre. AI much more complex in addition to animations, graphics etc.

I think Sony made a mistake with the PS3, but that's just my personal opinion. Had it been like the PS2, I think we would've seen much better progress from games.

Hopefully, from now on, things only get better. Actually tbh, I don't care much about this gen anymore. I want companies to put next-gen as their primary goal from this moment onwards. Have meetings with both Sony and Microsoft, have a look at their next console, learn how to deal with it asap so we can enjoy almost full potential from day one.

EDIT: What Rad said as well.

Yep, my games yesterday with Zero Assistance against fellow PEELer's were the best games of PES I've ever had online. So realistic with smaller teams and the lesser pace.

Edit -

I've still seen that animation LT, maybe it's just not as prominent. I signed Giannis Fetfatzidis from Olympiacos for just over £1 million. He was performing that move no problem, he is a ridiculously good buy at that price as well.

The passing I'm finding at it's most prominent statistically on Zero Assistance than ever. I need to really concentrate with the lesser passers and keep it simple, but the better passes can pull off those chipped through-balls so much better. I love Zero Assistance, takes time to get the weight of pass right, but I'm playing MLO with pretty much default ML players, and on Zero Assistance, it doesnt get any harder than that.

Fast and tricky players are still waaaaaay too good online, but I kind of expected that after they removed the 'catch-up' bug. It truly is a fine balancing act that no-one has found the answer to.

I wish someone would release a Championship OF soon, I'm dying to start my ML with Middlesbrough.

Yeah I've had issues with online football games for years, I'm still rigidly avoiding them in favour of offline. I'm also waiting for a good 360 option file before starting ML.

Was playing around with editing and just noticed a nice little touch, Konami have added different team shirt 'fits' that you can unlock, so edited teams can now effectively have their own version of those adidas tec fit shirts. Tiny addition but nice nonetheless for those who like creating teams :)

I believe both of them are in the same boat as Seabass. Brilliant PS2 games, good PS3 games. From what I know, Seabass doesn't have enough resources and time to fully exploit the PS3. The PS3 as a system was complained about lots by devs as being difficult or complicated to deal with. Couple that with what Seabass said and you'd get the idea. Also, you still can't compare a sports game to another genre. AI much more complex in addition to animations, graphics etc.

I think Sony made a mistake with the PS3, but that's just my personal opinion. Had it been like the PS2, I think we would've seen much better progress from games.

Hopefully, from now on, things only get better. Actually tbh, I don't care much about this gen anymore. I want companies to put next-gen as their primary goal from this moment onwards. Have meetings with both Sony and Microsoft, have a look at their next console, learn how to deal with it asap so we can enjoy almost full potential from day one.

EDIT: What Rad said as well.

I thought I read that they develop on the PC and then port it to the consoles. Hmm, on second thought, maybe it was a dream

Here's something that's annoyed me a little. Now I don't know who decided it was a good idea to change searching for players in ML using the ability option from increments of 1 to increments of 5. Also, why is the minimum 70? and Why can't I set the max anymore? It's always set to 99.

:(

I thought I read that they develop on the PC and then port it to the consoles. Hmm, on second thought, maybe it was a dream

On this gen, yes. Not on the PS2 though. Think they struggled enough with the PS3 and thought it's easier on the PC anyway, plus the multi-platform thing.

On second thought, aren't all games done on the PC anyway?

Last edited:

PS3 is notorious for being a bitch to programme for. It's why the best looking games are almost exclusively Sony licenced/in-house games. It's a strange one, the best looking PS3 games are stunning, but otherwise 360 tends to get better looking multiple format games because it's so similar to the PC. Doesn't explain why the PC version of PES is graphically poor too. There's limitless potential on that format.

I'm personally not sure why Konami can't handle current gen consoles. Smaller companies have made much better looking games. Are 2K any bigger than Konami?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom