PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Zee,

I thought you order yours from thehut? Shouldn't it be the UK version then?

I got a bigger discount from our local supplier and an earlier release date so I cancelled my preorder from the hut cos I would have still been waiting. I may order the UK version and try and flog this one without running a loss. Why konami, why.

It saddens me but I think I'm putting this game down for a long while.

I love the defensive mechanic, love the dribbling and love love love the passing (on 0 assistance). I also feel the individuality of my players with every play.

HOWEVER, playing this game against the CPU is just plain boring. After 50+ games the CPU strategy becomes very predictable.

While player individuality is a cornerstone of my experience,it means absolutely nothing to the CPU; They will never misplace/mishit a pass, never overshoot a longball and their headers are always inch perfect. No amount of tactics changes or stat fixing can rectify these issues because they are deliberate design decisions. Worst of all, I don't want to play online because it is a total shitfest (no PEEL for me).

Why not you play a few games online against people here sin? Granted, online against randoms is a shitfest, but it's brilliant when you play against evo-webbers? Why not you give it a shot?

Well after spending the best part of a day sorting out the OF issue Daymos had my PES 2012 was all ready to play and I was really looking forward to it.

I went into training and found the dribbling appeared to be broken, I thought nothing of it and played a match and then found that it was stuttering all over the place and making sharp starts and stops that I was not telling it to do. So I went on twitter and Xaor let's me know that it's a "run bug" and that the only fixes reported is by playing with the second control pad or by using 1080p setting. Well the second goes out of the window for me as I use a HD PVR and if I set my Xbox to 1080p it means I have to do the same for my HD PVR on the PC and then make a few changes in settings on my monitor, I can't justify having to do that each time I want to play PES so I then tried the second controller thing and it seemed to work although the game seemed to had lost my control settings even though it was on the right profile etc.

I know FIFA has some Impact Engine bugs and some other issues but something as fundamental as dribbling being broken is shocking on Konamis behalf, especially when there is a "GamePlayIsFundamental" hashtag going around for PES on twitter.

I've only played two matches so far and one thing that's bothering me is the keepers seem very weak and the 180 degree passes seem to be frequent and far too accurate, especially when a defender plays one in his own box, that should be a dangerous pass but instead the AI seems to think it's a clam and casual pass to pick out.

All in all I expected a lot from PES this year but in my opinion it's taken quite a few steps back in some areas whilst it's presentation has made FIFA's look poor.

I'm still early in my PES playing, as I said only two matches, so I'm no where near my mind being made up but my initial impressions are that it's a bit deflating.

Oh and one thing that still bugs me in BAL is the second I've come off the opposition has scored, something that seemed to happen in every game on 2011 and to add to the kick in the nuts after scoring an equaliser and not being on the pitch when they scored I got a 6.5 and got benched. I didn't do much wrong except one stray pass and not finishing all of my chances (one goal in 2 shots) so I think the game got that all wrong, I also went down in the manager eyes whilst my strike partner who did nothing went up!?

Last edited:
Goalgerd,

I've noticed you have a few teams like Genk etc mixed with Bundesliga teams. This year we have Genk etc under other European teams. Are you still keeping them under your Central league?

il move them over and pu the teams that arent in european competition in there instead:))

Is that the stats from the file I put up yesterday? Just watched the video. Looks class. I can't believe how much the new editing stuff has speeded up the creation of files with that many teams already setup.

If you release that I will keep working on the game play all the time for the new teams and improving teams and releasing game play updates. I need to sort out the card situation for attacking Players and improve keepers and edit Players who have came in since last year

no thats the last gameplay version you sent me in march,il try get it finished today and will mail you the finished file later

Well, I must admit, ventured back online last night in MLO, set it to matches against similiar level opponents, and wow, what a difference. :WOOT:

I loved every game last night, I won very few with my ML boys on Zero Assist, but loved every minute. I actually went bankrupt twice, not realising the impact of the player contracts. It's a much better system this year in that regard, and gives you alot more to think about. I signed Gamerio (sp) from PSG, a cracking little player who has got his fair share of goals. Giannis Fetfatzidis from Olympiacos has been a brilliant, a right nuisance on the left wing. I then searched for a play-maker, and found a kid called Zelek. He has been superb pulling the strings, his passing is immense and he owns the Classic No.10 card, which does exactly as it says on the tin. Perfect.

Connections were flawless all-night, and when your playing Randoms of the same level, it makes for a fantastic footballing experience. I also picked up a SS, I forget his name, but he owns the Long Drive Card. I absolutely love that, he requires very little back-lift to get his shot away, and he really can hit 'em.

Playing MLO against the likes of the Division 1 players will be a cheap affair, but as it stands now, against Division 5 players, it's alot better than PES 2011's MLO. Really, really loving it, and the individuality is off-the-map. :)

Well, I must admit, ventured back online last night in MLO, set it to matches against similiar level opponents, and wow, what a difference. :WOOT:

I loved every game last night, I won very few with my ML boys on Zero Assist, but loved every minute. I actually went bankrupt twice, not realising the impact of the player contracts. It's a much better system this year in that regard, and gives you alot more to think about. I signed Gamerio (sp) from PSG, a cracking little player who has got his fair share of goals. Giannis Fetfatzidis from Olympiacos has been a brilliant, a right nuisance on the left wing. I then searched for a play-maker, and found a kid called Zelek. He has been superb pulling the strings, his passing is immense and he owns the Classic No.10 card, which does exactly as it says on the tin. Perfect.

Connections were flawless all-night, and when your playing Randoms of the same level, it makes for a fantastic footballing experience. I also picked up a SS, I forget his name, but he owns the Long Drive Card. I absolutely love that, he requires very little back-lift to get his shot away, and he really can hit 'em.

Playing MLO against the likes of the Division 1 players will be a cheap affair, but as it stands now, against Division 5 players, it's alot better than PES 2011's MLO. Really, really loving it, and the individuality is off-the-map. :)

how do you manage to bear the much increased online speed?
to me it's unbearable

no thats the last gameplay version you sent me in march,il try get it finished today and will mail you the finished file later

In that case, can you send me the file before you release it as there is something's that need done.

Keepers will need improved and some players toned down a bit and teams with unedited players sorted out. Should take too long

Oh and one thing that still bugs me in BAL is the second I've come off the opposition has scored, something that seemed to happen in every game on 2011 and to add to the kick in the nuts after scoring an equaliser and not being on the pitch when they scored I got a 6.5 and got benched. I didn't do much wrong except one stray pass and not finishing all of my chances (one goal in 2 shots) so I think the game got that all wrong, I also went down in the manager eyes whilst my strike partner who did nothing went up!?

These sort of things have been hanging around like a bad smell in PES/WE for many years. I remember playing BAL and in the final game of the season, my team needed to draw to be champions. I almost expected to be dropped to ensure I couldn't influence matters, but I was picked, and scored (my team-mates certainly weren't going to score) to put us 1-0.

Towards the end of the match, I knew the game would try to substitute me and then score, so I held onto the ball myself, dribbling around and not passing (as I knew my team-mates would just give it away immediately), trying to stop it going out of play in order to prevent the oh so predictable substitution happening. Eventually, with about 2 minutes left, I lost the ball and almost immediately, it went out of play. I immediately got substituted and the opposition scored twice in the last 2 minutes as my team stood around like statues.

Does Seabass really think this is good gameplay?

What are you exactly 'improving' in the stats to get 'better/balanced' gameplay?
Teamwork stats?

It's a lot of things. The standard of the team needs to be quite high. Teamwork plays a big part too. But one of the main things is not having individuals who unbalance the game by being unrealistically good.

Players who can go past people too easily or pass too fast or accelerate and run too fast give a big advantage to attacking. I try to tone these down and keep individual skills of each player how they should be

YouTube - Goalgerd Chimps Klashman European Club SoccerV1.mp4

should be ready by monday,soundtrack not included! Chimps your stats copied over,notice how most teams have high tactical awareness,makes the gameplay much better

Gerd,

I actually transferred over the prequel data from last year, I then deleted the edit file. I downloaded the WENB OF but it had corrupted data. I copied over there edit file for all the badges, but now the kits have messed up. I have Liverpool with an Everton shirt front etc.

When I copy your file over, do I need to make sure I delete all the individual files from my Save Game Data folder ? I dont want a conflict of files, as at the moment it's all a bit of a mess and I dont know how to deal with it. :(

Making X Y or Z default won't help. As soon as people realise there is something they can do to advantage themselves they will - look at FIFA's goalkeeper controlling exploit problem. It's not exactly obvious but it spread like wildfire.

Dealing with the pass assistance problem has to be done either by balancing, or by segregating, or by prevention. EA have at least done one of these, unfortunately, Konami haven't done it at all.

I'm playing offline with 0 pass assistance with friends and it is pretty good.
They should get rid of pass assist completely and just set it in the engine to zero

Gerd,

I actually transferred over the prequel data from last year, I then deleted the edit file. I downloaded the WENB OF but it had corrupted data. I copied over there edit file for all the badges, but now the kits have messed up. I have Liverpool with an Everton shirt front etc.

When I copy your file over, do I need to make sure I delete all the individual files from my Save Game Data folder ? I dont want a conflict of files, as at the moment it's all a bit of a mess and I dont know how to deal with it. :(

when you copy mine over just overwrite everything that you copied from wenb file:))

how do you manage to bear the much increased online speed?
to me it's unbearable

To be fair, for the most part it was 'ok'. Quicker than I'd have liked, but, because I was playing alot of ML defaults it wasnt too bad. My last game seemed to play at about +4 Speed. It was ridiculously fast, infact, I've never seen PES play so fast, it was stupid.

Which leads me back to the whole issue as to whether the host really does have any input on the Gamespeed setting ?

Edit - Cool, cheers Gerd. So have you got all the correct player names for each Championship side ? I'm not expecting faces, but it would be awesome of they of relevant-ish stats for the players ?

To be fair, for the most part it was 'ok'. Quicker than I'd have liked, but, because I was playing alot of ML defaults it wasnt too bad. My last game seemed to play at about +4 Speed. It was ridiculously fast, infact, I've never seen PES play so fast, it was stupid.

Which leads me back to the whole issue as to whether the host really does have any input on the Gamespeed setting ?

Edit - Cool, cheers Gerd. So have you got all the correct player names for each Championship side ? I'm not expecting faces, but it would be awesome of they of relevant-ish stats for the players ?

im trying to get as much done as my girlfriend will let me! names will be there and stats but some new teams mightnt be as up to date,the great thing is if you like after you download my file is import glen the magpies teams over my ones when he has his file ready,thats what il be doing!

Hi All Back today after swapping my ps3 version for the pc and as I though its not so much a change from the demo to final product but the change from pc demo to ps3 final game is what the whole dissapointment is all about. not sure where i would be if i played the demo on ps3 altho the game did irk me a lot with all the funny stuff going on, side step drible horendous keepers and the a feeling of being disjointed. It also feels super fast on the ps3 compared to the pc. i dont like changing the settings as it then feels sluggish and not as intended and makes no use for when u play online.

anyway i think its fair to say i would have been dissapointed with the ps3 version without playing the pc version. still the best pes yet but jeesus they havnt come on much snce pes 6 (ps2 and xbox)

Onto the pc version and i urge anyone who hasnt played it on a pc to try it. i had only played pes 6 on pc before this but it really does shine on this system. super smooth and its like a more developed and polished pes 6 with more layers of tactics and player inividuality. this wil be my pes for ages, the new level of AI challenge will keep me playing and i can finally stop playing pes 6. even if you dont have a super fast pc, give the demo a shot as i say its not much different from the final game. i am playing on a 4 year old laptop (was top of the range at the time tho) and its amazing.

game on ps3 - major dissapointment (prob still better than pes 2011 but looks and plays like an old game)

game on pc - best pes yet, super smooth and felt in control, good pace and ball physics. would say it feels like a progression from pes 6 - a feeling i instantly got when i first played the pc demo.

hope this helps some people who were feeling the same as me regarding the ps3 version.

see u in the pc section!

Well, I've traded in my PS3 copy for £28 credit at gamestation (not bad considering I paid £32 for it at Tesco).

Will stick to my heavily modded PC version of the game (offline), which it has to be said is a miles better experience than the frantic online PS3 MLO farce.

The speed was always going to be an issue, but coupled with the lag, which isn't always extreme, but is enough to take away many of the subtleties of the game because you're compensating for the delay, for me it's unplayable. Severely disappointed, as I wasted away many hours on MLO last year, despite the frustrations of the speed merchants etc.

Why do people keep claiming the PC version has better gameplay? Surely straight out the box, not including modded gameplay, it's the exact same game just with better graphics. Under the bonnet it'll be the exct same game. Mod patches might well improve the game no end, but Konami release the same game across all formats.

Unless I've misread some people and everyone on PC is using mods (which I would to be fair)!

I was comparing online PS3 experience to the offline PC one, I've always played my offline games on PC because of the various kit mods and so on.

I wouldn't say the PS3 and PC offline games are that different, but inevitably there's an added smoothness to the PC game and I dare say that might effect the reaction times, but that's all up for debate.

there you go jim

il update them 1st for you so you can start you ML:))

You truly are a legend in my book. ;)

Thankyou so much. :)

Looking forward to giving Chimps edit's a good blast as well. :TU:

Edit- I notice the Boro emblem is the N-Power badge, I have the Boro Emblem, should I just use that ? Or is that what you meant by uploading the full file ?

Last edited:
I was comparing online PS3 experience to the offline PC one, I've always played my offline games on PC because of the various kit mods and so on.

I wouldn't say the PS3 and PC offline games are that different, but inevitably there's an added smoothness to the PC game and I dare say that might effect the reaction times, but that's all up for debate.

Games out the box should be exactly the same I agree and my views are purely on the out of the box product at the moment. Thot about this point for awhile and yes the graphics and smoothness really do hit u but it's probably as u say the reaction times seem better as I feel more in control. I feel I can play better as well and able to attack a defender whilst waiting for a tackle then change direction to wrong foot them. The crispness in the graphics,smothness in animations and the improved reaction times allow me to do this more so on the pc version compared to the ps3 one. I also find it easier to take me time on the ball by pulling R2 and stopping the ball dead, u can then turn away from any player coming to u and make space all by watching the players animations and reactions u know when ur in control and u know when u have to get rid!

So yes, the same game but the difference is big when u play both for me anyway.

Overall I would say it's like going back a pes year comparing them. Once u play a new pes it's hard to back to last years and I got the same feeling playing ps3 pes 2012 after playing pc demo. Prob not in terms of gameplay mechanics which are fundementaly the same but in everything else.

Hi All Back today after swapping my ps3 version for the pc and as I though its not so much a change from the demo to final product but the change from pc demo to ps3 final game is what the whole dissapointment is all about. not sure where i would be if i played the demo on ps3 altho the game did irk me a lot with all the funny stuff going on, side step drible horendous keepers and the a feeling of being disjointed. It also feels super fast on the ps3 compared to the pc. i dont like changing the settings as it then feels sluggish and not as intended and makes no use for when u play online.

anyway i think its fair to say i would have been dissapointed with the ps3 version without playing the pc version. still the best pes yet but jeesus they havnt come on much snce pes 6 (ps2 and xbox)

Onto the pc version and i urge anyone who hasnt played it on a pc to try it. i had only played pes 6 on pc before this but it really does shine on this system. super smooth and its like a more developed and polished pes 6 with more layers of tactics and player inividuality. this wil be my pes for ages, the new level of AI challenge will keep me playing and i can finally stop playing pes 6. even if you dont have a super fast pc, give the demo a shot as i say its not much different from the final game. i am playing on a 4 year old laptop (was top of the range at the time tho) and its amazing.

game on ps3 - major dissapointment (prob still better than pes 2011 but looks and plays like an old game)

game on pc - best pes yet, super smooth and felt in control, good pace and ball physics. would say it feels like a progression from pes 6 - a feeling i instantly got when i first played the pc demo.

hope this helps some people who were feeling the same as me regarding the ps3 version.

see u in the pc section!

Such a shame the consoles versions are poor, the odd thing is it should be REALLY EASY to port from PC to Xbox but they still struggle!

Going to persevere with PES on 360 just now as i dont have a good enough PC and hate Fifa this year.

Why do people keep claiming the PC version has better gameplay? Surely straight out the box, not including modded gameplay, it's the exact same game just with better graphics. Under the bonnet it'll be the exct same game. Mod patches might well improve the game no end, but Konami release the same game across all formats.

Unless I've misread some people and everyone on PC is using mods (which I would to be fair)!

The game is lead on PC then they port to consoles (not very well)

Last edited:
In what way? Do you mean the fully-assisted passers with their crazy arcade stylings - or do you mean technically?

I just had a couple of games against PEELers with all assists off, playing decent football, and it was great. Much smoother than last year, for me at least, no lag at all (just a ton of screen tearing on cutscenes). The only issue I could see with the actual gameplay was that it's still too easy to close someone down before they've even controlled the ball... which is nuts, considering that offline everyone seems to have instant control. I could see that being a problem in the Lobby 1 bearpit, but then everything's a problem with that strange brand of non-football most people play in there.

The former. MLO, specifically - I've just played a few games using better teams, like Everton, Stade Rennais, Sweden and Bilbao, and it was a far more balanced experience. The guy I was playing isn't really a PEEL type, but nor is he an insane arcade spammer, and the overall result was much more fun.

I've only really played MLO so far and I refuse to try that with 0 assistance - it seems like a write-off from what Jim's said. I'll get some offline practice in soon though and I'll see how I fare.

Technically, online has been flawless. I had some bad games the first night and got annoyed but remembered my PS3 was on wireless as the cable was being used by my work laptop, and my housemate was streaming stuff wirelessly too.

Not a complete right off romagnoli. You have to learn to accept that inevitable full assist noob online who will 6/10 times beat you and send the "great work" message there are quite a few players that are also looking at a good game of football.

Btw cutbacks for the most part are defendable what I struggle to handle though is when your holding ball in the opposition half the buggers are R1+X and when they do get the ball they hit a quick through pass and Baumann, Haric and co can't keep pace.

Is it worth trying it without the patch? I remember someone here was adamant that post-patch the pressure was ramped up. Wonder if the 'stumble' animation is less prevalent as well....

And should we expect another patch any time soon? Jon Murphy seems to have abandoned twitter now it's released.

Back
Top Bottom