PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Why isnt Yair working for Konami? I have managed to get demo1 with his .6 patch running on my pc and its brilliant. The changes are subtle but they make what was a good game great, this is the football game I have been waiting for. Next year Seabass needs to bring the console versions up to the same level as the pc and get yair to polish the game before release.

I've read that Option files on PS3 this year can be copied to the HDD by copying just 1 single file. Everything is contained inside that file.

I got the PS3 version because I prefer the dualshock for PES. The graphics looked better on the 360 to me (better AA as you said) but I was put off by that running bug where the player stops and sidesteps.

Option files are easier to apply on the 360 using the data transfer cable. Much easier.

Hmm, I don't have a data transfer cable unfortunately, and I'm not sure I even have a data stick I wanna format to xbox as I can't use it anywhere else. Might go with PS3, I can create my own teams easier in the edit mode by uploading png files. Not sure you can do this on 360 unless you really know what you're doing, as it doesn't recognise png files. Plus I could give the 3D update a go. No-one else here seems bothered by it but if it's there, may as well give it a try! PS3 it is then.

Playing on the PC on -1 is DEFINATELY not too fast, it feels too slow at times and I've always played PES and FIFA on a slower speed when I could. I wouldn't worry about speed.

I've read that Option files on PS3 this year can be copied to the HDD by copying just 1 single file. Everything is contained inside that file.

I've imported kits etc into my US PS3 version and had to do each file individually. There was no copy all option at the time. Not sure why/ how the UK would be different.

Good to hear about the speed Dags :)

Will be so glad to get the Football Life mode underway, one thing you can always rely on with PES is that the game modes work and are stable. Just vented on the FIFA thread because a week and a half of playing Career Mode has just gone down the drain because of a bug screwing my saved game. Half of my entire playing staff have disappeared and been replaced with ten or so goalkeepers with the name of '10', and an overall rating of minus 19996. Raaaaage!!! :RANT:

I was set on getting PES2012 tomorrow until I heard the stutter bug in the demo is still there (360). I'll pick up FORZA4 instead and wait until Konami sort their lives out regarding 360 owners. It's a gameplay hindering bug. Not sure if you guys experienced it but it can lead to you losing possession of the ball and that's just not on.

Hmm, I don't have a data transfer cable unfortunately, and I'm not sure I even have a data stick I wanna format to xbox as I can't use it anywhere else. Might go with PS3, I can create my own teams easier in the edit mode by uploading png files. Not sure you can do this on 360 unless you really know what you're doing, as it doesn't recognise png files. Plus I could give the 3D update a go. No-one else here seems bothered by it but if it's there, may as well give it a try! PS3 it is then.

You can use a data stick once on your 360 and then format it back.

The whole process is pretty painless and takes 10-15 minutes, just look at Daymos's work over at PESgaming.

anyone else find professional to be the most balanced gameplay wise? tried superstar and the cpu was just bouncing round my players..the level of football they played wasn't any better, they just seemed stronger.

Question for people who have played a bit of BAL, do teams still come in off their own back and try sign you? or do you need to tell your agent exactly what team to talk to?

Good to hear about the speed Dags :)

Will be so glad to get the Football Life mode underway, one thing you can always rely on with PES is that the game modes work and are stable. Just vented on the FIFA thread because a week and a half of playing Career Mode has just gone down the drain because of a bug screwing my saved game. Half of my entire playing staff have disappeared and been replaced with ten or so goalkeepers with the name of '10', and an overall rating of minus 19996. Raaaaage!!! :RANT:

My Fifa career became a mess. At the start of season 4 most of the premiership teams have sold off 90% of their squads and replaced them with youth players and the dregs from the bottom of the squad. They're all almost unrecognisable.

I went and got injured and found that my team didn't have enough players to play each game so I was having to forfeit each game for 3 months. Checked out the AI teams and saw that they too didn't have enough players to play matches and were also forfeiting. At christmas Adebayor was the leading goal scorerer on a massive 6 goals! At the end of the full season Wellbeck managed to beat him finishing on 12 goals for the entire season. Addy finished on 10.

I ended up being relegated that season and have just given up on it.

Loving this. So much crisper, everywhere. Zero Passing Assistance is a dream, much improved from Demo 2.

Agreed - much improved from demo 2. Offline is fantastic.

Apart from wide cam, the graphics look great, the lighting beautiful. The physical side of PES 2012 hasn't been harped on about by Konami or by anyone and it's flown under the radar (or shadow of EA's Impact Engine) but the jostling and ability to ride challenges is nothing short of brilliant.

MLO is frustrating so far - I think it's a combination of lag plus people trying to pressure like mad (and my average players) rather than any problems with the gamespeed itself. But after 3 games I got rid of my goalkeepers for some spanish guy, I brought in Salpingidis up front and some other guy in defensive midfield. Gotta give it a try tonight.

got it,would love to do an all nighter(no work 2moro)but weve people coming to view our house early 2moro..oh well. will post up a full brief on what can be done regarding optionfiles on ps3 sometime over the weekend

Started a new ML so I could switch up the D2 and put some proper teams in it. Got tired of playing against that same 3-5-2 again & again each game against teams in near enough identical kits!

Still having trouble signing anyone though. I get Shimizu as standard, but can't poach anyone externally unless my scout recommends them. Might just scrap it out until January and see if i have any more luck then.

Also, that Heenders is a tricky little player. S'like a white Huylens re-incarnated.

Poor old Konami, when I went to get FIFA12 there was a queue of about 200 people waiting for their copy, it was complete madness. I just went into my local ASDA at five past midnight and apart from three guys buying PES and a shed load on biscuits, I was the only one there....:CONFUSE:

They need some clear direction next year. Either make it a fully fledged simulation or a pick 'n play arcade game. At the moment it's almost schizophrenic in it's approach, so far online seems like a massive step backwards, while offline it's evolved into a slower paced thought out sim.

Poor old Konami, when I went to get FIFA12 there was a queue of about 200 people waiting for their copy, it was complete madness. I just went into my local ASDA at five past midnight and apart from three guys buying PES and a shed load on biscuits, I was the only one there....:CONFUSE:

same here,i had to tell the assistant that pes was a different game to fifa and i was the only one there! On a seperate note ive been loading up my pes2011 optionfile since 12.45am,no sign of it being finished... So much for a 1 folder download ive to copy over 750 files

That sounds painful! I'm dreading adding an option file to my game :(

Well, first reactions are kind of mixed. Not sure what to think. Some stuff I've noticed generally;

Pass assistance at zero is far better. I'm misplacing passes a lot more than on the demo, it feels a lot more 'manual' than before for sure.

I don't really like how fast paced the game seems to be to be honest. Against the CPU on Professional it's quite manic. Lots of breakaways, constant sprinting, the game flows really well but there's no real lull in the action. It's all out, fast paced, all the time. Might just be me needing to adjust but it's jarring at first.

Passing again, feels weird. I'm not noticing any difference between poor passers and good ones to be honest. The only difference I"m noticing between players is in dribbling, and that's quite negligible. Again though, I'll need to get used to the game first before jumping to conclusions.

One final thing. This game, set to 3D mode, on Broadcast Live camera, looks the nuts. Amazing. Oddly, the 3D slightly affects the framerate making it just a fraction more choppy. Sounds bad, but actually improves the pace of the game slightly and to me, improves the look of the game when in motion. It's hard to explain, but the frame rate looks like it's being filmed by a TV camera rather than a 60hz videogame. Really, really nice, if the 3D is a little hard on the eyes. Oh and for some reason, the PS3 version has bad jaggies, except in Broadcast Live camera. In that, everything looks lovely and smooth. No idea why.

General impressions i have after the first couple of games.

- I think blimp cam is great. I was vehemently against it but it seems to open up play a lot more and until i can fix this blur issue on pc it makes the game look nicer too.
- Shooting has improved a lot and i've even seen players shoot incredibly wide at times. A step up from PES 2011.
- Not sure how i feel about the left stick thing for freekicks and corners. Takes a lot of fun out of the game because it can feel a bit too easy to win headers with your player. Ultimately the freekick/corner taker's ability gets thrown out of the window because they always play a really accurate ball to the player you're controlling.
- Passing speed feels great
- It feels rewarding and necessary to sort out your tactics before and during the game. I've noticed subs make a lot of difference late on when everybody is tired.
- Stamina has hugely improved from PES 2011
- Individual player traits. Cardozo, Aimar, Saviola, Witsel, Kenwyne Jones, Whelan, Pennant all felt like they had something unique to offer.
- Zero passing assistance feels great. As does -2 speed.
- Goalkeepers are just bad. It's not a case of them being bad at making saves, it's just they're so undynamic. They don't move freely at all. There's no sense that they're positioning themselves looking for a better view of the ball and getting ready for a shot because they don't know which direction the ball is coming. In fact it feels like they either move forwards or backwards to position themselves, not left and right. Too often, basically any shot within 20 yards, keepers make diving saves from standing positions because they aren't positioning themselves at all for an incoming shot. I've seen some horrible goals that the keeper should have dealt with comfortably. I don't think i have the official update downloaded yet (i just wanted to jump in and play). The thing is Konami can adjust them to make the end result better (i.e they make more saves) and it will help but there's still a huge issue for me about the way they actually act and react. It's so unnatural. Do goalkeepers even attempt to make one handed saves at times other than when they dive down for low shots?

Honestly i really did enjoy those 3 games i played tonight despite that hugely negative part i wrote about the keepers.

Last edited:
General impressions i have after the first couple of games.

- I think blimp cam is great. I was vehemently against it but it seems to open up play a lot more and until i can fix this blur issue on pc it makes the game look nicer too.
- Shooting has improved a lot and i've even seen players shoot incredibly wide at times. A step up from PES 2011.
- Not sure how i feel about the left stick thing for freekicks and corners. Takes a lot of fun out of the game because it can feel a bit too easy to win headers with your player. Ultimately the freekick/corner taker's ability gets thrown out of the window because they always play a really accurate ball to the player you're controlling.
- Passing speed feels great
- It feels rewarding and necessary to sort out your tactics before and during the game. I've noticed subs make a lot of difference late on when everybody is tired.
- Stamina has hugely improved from PES 2011
- Individual player traits. Cardozo, Aimar, Saviola, Witsel, Kenwyne Jones, Whelan, Pennant all felt like they had something unique to offer.
- Zero passing assistance feels great. As does -2 speed.
- Goalkeepers are just bad. It's not a case of them being bad at making saves, it's just they're so undynamic. They don't move freely at all. There's no sense that they're positioning themselves looking for a better view of the ball and getting ready for a shot because they don't know which direction the ball is coming. In fact it feels like they either move forwards or backwards to position themselves, not left and right. Too often, basically any shot within 20 yards, keepers make diving saves from standing positions because they aren't positioning themselves at all for an incoming shot. I've seen some horrible goals that the keeper should have dealt with comfortably. I don't think i have the official update downloaded yet (i just wanted to jump in and play). The thing is Konami can adjust them to make the end result better (i.e they make more saves) and it will help but there's still a huge issue for me about the way they actually act and react. It's so unnatural. Do goalkeepers even attempt to make one handed saves at times other than when they dive down for low shots?

Honestly i really did enjoy those 3 games i played tonight despite that hugely negative part i wrote about the keepers.

Nice post mate. I agree with most of it. Shooting feels pretty good in terms of output matching the input and taking into account the various factors. More weight to the ball now so you can hit a shot from distance and drops/bounces more like you'd expect whereas on PES 2011 there was a lot less variety and the difference in shot height wasn't varied enough.

Don't find that the player select is as exploitable as you found it. Most of the time the defender tracks you really well and often intercepts it.

I got the PS3 version because I prefer the dualshock for PES. The graphics looked better on the 360 to me (better AA as you said) but I was put off by that running bug where the player stops and sidesteps.

Option files are easier to apply on the 360 using the data transfer cable. Much easier.

I use my ps3 pad on the PC version of the game ;)

Well said Northzzz. I mentioned this on the demo, there is zero anticipation of the ball our flight of the ball. The stay rooted and fall to the ground at the last minute. Konami needs to address Keepers and make it seem more natural.

Well said Northzzz. I mentioned this on the demo, there is zero anticipation of the ball our flight of the ball. The stay rooted and fall to the ground at the last minute. Konami needs to address Keepers and make it seem more natural.

Well someone needs to provide appropriate feedback to Konami, probably with video evidence to explain WHY keeper's don't seem right. There's enough feedback about keeper's being bad on Pro Evo games but I've yet to see anyone putting in the time to create a detailed video as to HOW they could be fixed to seem more natural.

Maybe someone has and I haven't seen it. It's about time the feedback got really specific. It might be something they could still improve via patches...

That sounds painful! I'm dreading adding an option file to my game :(

Well, first reactions are kind of mixed. Not sure what to think. Some stuff I've noticed generally;

Pass assistance at zero is far better. I'm misplacing passes a lot more than on the demo, it feels a lot more 'manual' than before for sure.

I don't really like how fast paced the game seems to be to be honest. Against the CPU on Professional it's quite manic. Lots of breakaways, constant sprinting, the game flows really well but there's no real lull in the action. It's all out, fast paced, all the time. Might just be me needing to adjust but it's jarring at first.

Passing again, feels weird. I'm not noticing any difference between poor passers and good ones to be honest. The only difference I"m noticing between players is in dribbling, and that's quite negligible. Again though, I'll need to get used to the game first before jumping to conclusions.

One final thing. This game, set to 3D mode, on Broadcast Live camera, looks the nuts. Amazing. Oddly, the 3D slightly affects the framerate making it just a fraction more choppy. Sounds bad, but actually improves the pace of the game slightly and to me, improves the look of the game when in motion. It's hard to explain, but the frame rate looks like it's being filmed by a TV camera rather than a 60hz videogame. Really, really nice, if the 3D is a little hard on the eyes. Oh and for some reason, the PS3 version has bad jaggies, except in Broadcast Live camera. In that, everything looks lovely and smooth. No idea why.

It's funny that you say that about the speed. I spent a lot of time going between both games yesterday and each time I put PES on after playing FIFA, I found I had TONS more time on the ball and it was a much slower game.

I think I might be leaning towards playing FIFA more after some more time on both games but I'm a bit put off by the career mode corruption stories.

Really need PESEdit to add the Chamionship to their patch soni can start a ML instead of just playing exhibitions.

- Goalkeepers are just bad. It's not a case of them being bad at making saves, it's just they're so undynamic. .

Thanks for your post - agree. At least I know now that Im not crazy.':))

Well someone needs to provide appropriate feedback to Konami, probably with video evidence to explain WHY keeper's don't seem right. There's enough feedback about keeper's being bad on Pro Evo games but I've yet to see anyone putting in the time to create a detailed video as to HOW they could be fixed to seem more natural.

Maybe someone has and I haven't seen it. It's about time the feedback got really specific. It might be something they could still improve via patches...

I have been saving the many glaring mistakes of my keepers and I'd be happy to share - but what's the best way to get these from my ps3 onto Youtube? I don't have a camera.

Back
Top Bottom