PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Lami, I don't get your point. Why are you linking those real misses ? What the hell misses have to do with the shooting "issue" in PES? (I quoted issue since it turns out that it is not an issue to some of you people). Fundamental question, how can I know at which direction those players wanted to shoot? :SHOCK: Second fundamental question is what misses have to do with wrong shooting direction? :SHOCK: These are two different things that my 2-years old child can tell you...

I completely agree with Lyvean. He's so damn right and convinced me that not only I see those problems (there are others well). I've already uninstalled PES12 demo so I can't record a video to show you an example of that and belive me (Jimmy) it is not a "Making sure the preferred foot is in use, the posture is correct, the angles are right, there is no pressure" context. What's more, if I showed you that you would have to believe me that I was pointing at different direction.

There is so much truth in:

Hey look, I can only comment on my own experiences, and I havent had any. Seriously. If I had, I'd be the first to moan that shooting was broken.

I'll have the game on Thursday, and I'll be hammering it all-day Friday. I'll comment back after that.

@ojejku There may be some truth in it, but that's not what hits me. That would be the overwhelming drama over a video game. Video games are essentially utterly pointless. You can be the best PES player in the world and only a handful of people will ever care.

I take PES for what it is. I have fun with it. I post about it, I notice many of the flaws. But I never get truly angry or sad about them, because that just seems stupid.

I figured out where the sprint-bug comes from:
It has to do if your Xbox/TV is at 50 hertz rather than 60 hertz.
People I talked with and who got no sprint-bug, all got it on 60 hertz.
Others with 1080p and the sprint bug, got their Xbox/TV on 50 hertz. When they changed it, got no sprintbug anymore!

Conclusion: If you have a 1080p TV and the sprintbug. look if you can change it to 60 hertz and you will not have the sprintbug anymore

If you are unlucky to have only a 50 hertz setting and who cannot change it, will have to wait for a fix...

So Konami should now know that ONLY 1080p TV's on 60 hertz do NOT have the sprintbug, all others do have the sprintbug.

Last edited:
Others with 1080p and the sprint bug, got their Xbox/TV on 50 hertz. When they changed it, got no sprintbug anymore!

Conclusion: If you have a 1080p TV and the sprintbug. look if you can change it to 60 hertz and you will not have the sprintbug anymore

If you are unlucky to have only a 50 hertz setting and who cannot change it, will have to wait for a fix...

So Konami should now know that ONLY 1080p TV's on 60 hertz do NOT have the sprintbug, all others do have the sprintbug.

That's interesting.

Funnily enough they had a similiar problem with PES 2008 and the 50/60 hertz setting, not the 'Sprint-bug', but the horrible slowdown. You would have thought they'd have learnt their lesson in that regard.

Hey Guys I went to the Electronic Game Show here in Mexico and I was surprised, because Seabass was there, and he salute me, eventough I arrived late, He was talking about PES 2012, first he was surprised that this year PES is taking the lead against FIFA in Mexico, despite EA has the mexican league and National team in exclusive.

What some guys told me was that for PES 2013, they will be focusing on graphics, licenses and fixing some bugs in animations.

Many guys were asking for the Mexican League, South American Leagues and other licenses, and it seems that Konami is looking for some South American licenses so Conmebol can let them use the Copa Libertadores license for the Master League and that they will try to get at least the English clubs who qualify for the Champions League.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The shooting issue is there..
For many people like me is very disappointing to see that the direction of your shot is very random, no matter where you are aiming
To easily see this problem just go into "free training".

In demo, this possibility is not there.
For this reason, perhaps most people in this forum has not yet noticed the problem well.

Last edited:
Goddamit. This is your fault people. THE GRAPHICS/ANIMATIONS ARE FINE!

The animations are serviceable, but they can (and should) be greatly improved. You just want the animators to sit on their hands for an entire year? PES has the market cornered when it comes to gameplay. It's great that they are going to focus on improving the aspects that have gone under-loved for far too long.

IMO he is not a troll.
I have nothing against you, but you just can't stand the fact that he writes about obvious flaws in the game. You and i may not always (or in your case, never) agree with him. But he got the right to argument about his honest opinion and he does make good and sensible arguments.

I also thought he was a troll, but i was wrong and i apologized.
To be honest, if i was a mod (and luckily i'm not) and i had to choose who of the both of you is at fault here, it is you. Everybody has the right to his own opinion when he comes with debatable and sensible arguments. There is nothing wrong with this guy.

You know Gerd I was in a baaaad space yesterday when I wanted to respond but thought better to leave it as I was right pissed that South Africa was knocked out of the rugby world cup. :LOL:

So now that I am my usual calm and candid self I am going to respond to your post.

I have absolutely no issue with people highlighting issues with PES2012. It needs to happen it is the basis of highlighting and communicating to Konami that ensures that the problems get rectified.

Hell I was the culprit last year when Goalgerds rainbow flicking exploit was sent to konami and the problem rectified.

I do not see the worth in guys like PESgng coming here and jumping on the bandwagon of everything that is highlighted and making it sound as if its the only thing that is spoiling the game for him when infact his said it about every glitch he has seen. (Note seen not discovered)
Usually I am pretty good at ignoring this as I have been a long time member at Evo-web and every year I am here religiously to enjoy the discussion when its well presented and geniune. But this fella is just not someone I consider to be a person whose interested in anything else than pee people off and get some type of response.

I feel like this is such a waste of space but needed to get that off my chest...peace.

Goddamit. This is your fault people. THE GRAPHICS/ANIMATIONS ARE FINE!

I also think the same, but it seems that many PES mexican fans are license and graphic whore.

BTW I asked for the possibility of the J-League and they didn´t want me to answer the question.
And it seems that many DLC updates will be available for this PES.

Many as more than two or just two or three like last year?
i wish they added more stadiums, balls, licensed teams through DLC

About the shooting issues everybody`s having about the ball not going in the desired direction., there is an input method which nearly eliminates that randomness.(not gonna tell, my secret,lol)

xPJRx agree with you about the above poster being immature, but I think Jimmy G-force has given away his little shooting 'secret' :P

Jimmy G-force:
"The only thing I've noticed is that now you have to hold the direction for alot longer than you did in PES 2011 for the same results." :APPLAUD:

xPJRx agree with you about the above poster being immature, but I think Jimmy G-force has given away his little shooting 'secret' :P

Jimmy G-force:
"The only thing I've noticed is that now you have to hold the direction for alot longer than you did in PES 2011 for the same results." :APPLAUD:

Seriously?! LOL how did I not realise this?! I'm going to test it later

I'd honestly be surprised to see any change in the graphics (not animations) for PES 2013. In fact mostly i don't how they can improve them this gen.

Last edited:
Ive been wondering if the keepers have been fixed can anybody help.

they are good after patch, not very good, just good because they still spill deflected and slow shots
anyway, better is the gk less issues there will be. It's really noticeable when playing with Lothar then substituting him with Julio Cesar

Jimmy G-force:

LOL why bother posting if you're not gonna tell.. forum bragging rights ftl
Thx Jimmy

Jimmy G-force:

Tested it in "free training" several minutes
No apparent result for me....

Playing on -2 speed is a HUGE difference, now i'm confused as to what speed to play on from now on (offline)

Has anyone unlocked 'Owner mode' yet? Is it any good?

I expected to hear something on it once the game was out but I've not seen anyone mention it.

You know Gerd I was in a baaaad space yesterday when I wanted to respond but thought better to leave it as I was right pissed that South Africa was knocked out of the rugby world cup. :LOL:

So now that I am my usual calm and candid self I am going to respond to your post.

I have absolutely no issue with people highlighting issues with PES2012. It needs to happen it is the basis of highlighting and communicating to Konami that ensures that the problems get rectified.

Hell I was the culprit last year when Goalgerds rainbow flicking exploit was sent to konami and the problem rectified.

I do not see the worth in guys like PESgng coming here and jumping on the bandwagon of everything that is highlighted and making it sound as if its the only thing that is spoiling the game for him when infact his said it about every glitch he has seen. (Note seen not discovered)
Usually I am pretty good at ignoring this as I have been a long time member at Evo-web and every year I am here religiously to enjoy the discussion when its well presented and geniune. But this fella is just not someone I consider to be a person whose interested in anything else than pee people off and get some type of response.

I feel like this is such a waste of space but needed to get that off my chest...peace.

I don't see him like you do, but i appreciate your answer. You are a nice guy. I'm sorry if my post offended you...i understood that you tried to answer me last weekend, but thought the better of it...which was a very smart thing to do. Thank you very much. I can understand that you are pissed off the way the Baffana baffana were eliminated...the day after tomorrow i will be pissed off after Germany hammered Belgium in what will be the last chance for our national team...

I really wish some other company would step up and make a proper football game.

Thanks to licences the sports game Market is incredibly limiting for new comers to come in with new ideas and football suffers from this more than others.

Look at the car racing market. If it was up to licences Gran Turismo would be dominating as it would have made enough money on previous platforms to capture them all and the creativity from games like Race Driver Grid that add so much more and have made GT look old fashioned wouldn't have happened.

What we are stuck with is two games bringing out a yearly update with small changes and innovation is lost and the games stagnate

Seems to have sorted it for me on the demo! Brilliant.

Here's how to switch to 60hz if you use HDMI by the way...

For High definition TVs
To set your Xbox 360 console to PAL 60 Hz, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
2. Find the HDTV switch on the AV Connector, and then set the switch to TV.
3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console.
4. In the Xbox Dashboard, select System, and then press the A button.
5. Select Console Settings, and then press the A button.
6. Select Display, and then press the A button.
7. Select PAL settings, and then press the A button.
8. Select PAL-60, and then press the A button.
9. When you are prompted to keep these new settings, confirm the settings, and then press the A button.
10. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
11. Set the HDTV switch on the AV Connector to HDTV.

All I done was, switch off 360, unplug HDMI, plug in component cable set to standard TV, changed it to PAL 60, switched off 360, and plugged in HDMI again and my TV was still set to PAL 60, just on HDMI.

Back
Top Bottom