PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

i just don't understand this fascination for pes 6..it has as much as flaws as this pes, and every third corner kick is a goal..shooting in every pes is pretty much the same...sometimes shoot goes where you want, sometimes it doesnt..if you want realism, get off your ass and start playing for real

Fully agree:APPLAUD:

PES6 was the worst imo of the series. Overrated players, One Adriano in particular who has passed it on to Ibra! But the whole start of the online cheating etc.

It pales to it's predessesor PES5:OOOH:

About the shooting issues everybody`s having about the ball not going in the desired direction., there is an input method which nearly eliminates that randomness.(not gonna tell, my secret,lol)

P.s to whoever said they want the ball to fly to the corner flag, if you want that, ask for manual shooting from Konami. It has to be assisted at this point, when running vertically up the pitch (tele-cam) and pressing shoot you`d expect the ball to fly in the general direction of the goal due to the assisted nature of shooting, so there should be no qualms about it.

Personally id love it to be free too, or somesort of 1 level of assist like passing.

C`mon Konami
Game Should be great

I've had a rollercoaster ride regarding my feelings about the game this weekend. Firstly I found it impossible to keep a clean sheet and found it incredibly difficult to score a satisfying goal against Top Player AI, I was so pissed about the cheating AI and stupidity of the teammates I cursed the developers and wanted to kick in my TV and destroy the game dvd.

Then I adjusted my tactics and more importantly overhauled my approach to defending and the change is simply unbelievable. Now I am scoring good goals where I break open the opposition with nice build up play or just nice counters.

I have to say using the tactics sliders makes a huge difference. If I set out to defend against stronger teams and go for a draw, I usually get slow paced games where there are usually no more than 2 goals (unless there is an early goal)

Coming to defending against Top Player Aı: Just do not use pressure buttons for as long as possible, using the pressure buttons just trigger the AI to go to god mode and also makes you break your defensive structure.Just use the left analog stick to cut passing lanes and to win the ball back, if you are being broken use the jockey button but never rush towards the opposition player, win some time get man behind the ball and then use the direction buttons only. Non sliding fouls are also an important part of defending (just dont do it near your penalty box)

With this approach I can now win the ball frequently in midfield (by forcing the AI to make mistakes or just by winning the ball) and winning the ball in midfield is also the key in scoring quick goals.

Last edited:
I was unsure if to buy Fifa 12 or PES 2012 because the demos left me unresolved, both having good and bad aspects with no clear winner...

I deal with 2 x 3D applications for my work: Autodesk 3D Studio Max & Autodesk Maya.

Every day I wish Autodesk would merge them both to produce, let's say: "Maxa"...

So maybe one day in an ideal world we will get:
"FIFA EVOLUTION SOCCER" and it will be perfect

* Wakes up from dream *

Yes I am? I've been playing PES since PES 1 and I've always noticed the same thing.

You think that shooting right when you have the controller left happens because a player doesn't have enough skill or the position is wrong?

Even amateur players can shoot at the direction they want to in real life, even if they don't score. There's no player in the world that wants to shoot (or pass) towards a certain direction and suddenly his shot goes the complete opposite way.

This has nothing to do with PES's physics or simulation mechanics. This is just shitty and "assisted" programming on Konami's part.

As for some of the posters who claim that this the best PES and on the same post say that they don't mind the big problems, they're just the blight of this series.

We are tools and sheep, trying to justify the immense faults that have been here for many years, while at the same time Seabass gets rich.

Yes, we are that pathetic as consumers.

Even amateur players can shoot at the direction they want to in real life, even if they don't score. There's no player in the world that wants to shoot (or pass) towards a certain direction and suddenly his shot goes the complete opposite way.

I must be the worst player in the world then. Warming up yesterday I tried to curl a shot high into the top corner of the far post. I made a bad contact and the ball went low along the ground into the near post.

You think that shooting right when you have the controller left happens because a player doesn't have enough skill or the position is wrong?

This has nothing to do with PES's physics or simulation mechanics. This is just shitty and "assisted" programming on Konami's part.

As for some of the posters who claim that this the best PES and on the same post say that they don't mind the big problems, they're just the blight of this series.

We are tools and sheep, trying to justify the immense faults that have been here for many years, while at the same time Seabass gets rich.

Yes, we are that pathetic as consumers.

immense faults, bit overreacting?

I must be the worst player in the world then. Warming up yesterday I tried to curl a shot high into the top corner of the far post. I made a bad contact and the ball went low along the ground into the near post.

If you manage 9/10 times to shoot right when you are turned on the opposite direction and want to shoot left, then yes, you are.

In my opinion, regarding shooting in PES has always like this, more or less btw.

Box is on the right side of you.

Let's say you dribble diagonally in the direction of corner flag above you outside box. When you're position in line with right side of goal post. Press shoot while direction is the same as dribbling. The ball will go to the left side, isn't it ? or is it going to right side of you, e.g bottom corner flag ? :YAWN:

Now, as in the video shown. you practically in the position above the left side of goal post, while still pressing diagonal dribbling to top corner flag, press shoot. Do you expect shooting to corner flag ? :TTTH:

or do you want Konami to put all manual shooting, hence you can shoot to corner flag ? I mean, well being "assisted" as call by some people does not even guarantee 100% goal from position i mention in the second case.

Someone on Twitter asked Jon whether Gomez (Ger) would get a stat buff in the 11 oct DLC.

LOL WHUT?! I think he's beast already.. Folks really only look at the all-round number.. they should just remove it. Dang

Overreacting? Really?

Really?

All those years?

Dear god, you people get the game you deserve.

it seems you are not interested in pes, so why are you here? Just saying...
are you here to offend people still buying pes?

Anyway, i will stop this discussion right now

You can guess in the blind when another anti-Pes-ser just registrated.

I have not got the full game yet but from spending a few hours with demo 2 on xbox 360 I have to say this game is an excellent improvement and for me, the best entry in the series this generation by far. Some of the player individuality is terrific.

I have enjoyed it a lot, enough to even replay the AI's goals against me just to watch all the little things you see in replays, like players expressions, movements, throwing themselves in front of the ball.

If Konami can just polish the animations, improve keepers and maybe do a bit more work on presentation then for me, next year with regards to reviews, it will take top spot. brilliant game.

You couldn't be more wrong. I love PES and this year we have the best PES of this generation.

But I'm not blind as so many people are. And don't forget that it's this blind devotion that allows Konami to release such a game.

Why is it that when people find fault with PES they are suddenly anti pes out to offend people. It's total rubbish. I have been a member on here since 2002, i didn't even realise it was so long, so have been playing PES/ISS for well over 9 years. I remember play the first ISS. The facts are the game has flaws and hasn't evolved enough for me as an avid follower since next gen.

The game is scripted, the goalkeepers are rubbish and the presentation and atmosphere just doesn't work for me as a gamer. It also sounds as though the shootings broken. If you choose to ignore these then fine but they are still there. To say I'm anti PES or out to offend is bordering on the ridiculous.

No news yet about what time the DLC should be online? I didnt touch the rosters of the teams exactly to not do things twice. Finally i would like to edit a proper Ekstraklasa on my ps3 :D

Can't wait till Friday, and I start a week's holiday too. :)

Just need to remember to feed the daughter though, she could be a problem.

FD

I still dont get this issue with shooting, I've not had one instance that I can remember in over a hundred games on the demo's. Then again, I make sure that I adhere to all the footballing fundamentals when striking the ball. Making sure the preferred foot is in use, the posture is correct, the angles are right, there is no pressure etc etc etc etc etc.

The only thing I've noticed is that now you have to hold the direction for alot longer than you did in PES 2011 for the same results.

The shooting has always been on of PES's strongest features. There is more weight this year, which is an improvement on all previous iterations, in my opinion. If anything, I'm now over-pulling my shots, but they are going in the right direction.

I've been playing ML for about a week now, and I'm really surprised about how much I enjoy playing this game even without a human opponent. Initially I was put off by the menus and overall presentation that's not really worthy of a top game for this day and age. However, after a bunch of games I'm convinced that gameplay-wise this is the best PES in years, and I'm not one of the PES6 lovers. With an up-to-date option file this really is a blast to play.

So you equate some exceptions with the rule and you use this to convince yourself that it's logical and PES system is realistic?

:CONFUSE:

You said,

There's no player in the world that wants to shoot (or pass) towards a certain direction and suddenly his shot goes the complete opposite way.

And the clips where in response to that.

I've the game for a week now. As I posted previously, I have not played any of the next-gen PES iterations in any substantial way because they were just crap (if we're being honest here). PES12 however, with speed at -2 and unassisted passing is sublime. I have played a CL with Napoli (lost in the semi's), I have played 20 online matches (better than I expected), and just started season 2 in BAL (I am totally addicted to this mode and never even meant to play it). In all these dozens and dozens of matches, I have not seen the huge shooting problems or glaring AI cheats. Please note that the vast majority of my playing time has been with BAL as a 17-year old, 62 overall SS (with poor shooting abilities) and I am generally able to get shots in the area I was targeting. Is the game perfect? No way! Am I back in the PES fold? Abso-fucking-lutely! I really think that I'll be playing this title well into the spring as the FL has me hooked. I could sit here and give tons of anecdotes about tweaking tactics and having a huge consequence of a match. I could also list all the negatives here, but that's boring.

Just know 2 things: (1) put the speed and pass assist to the settings I listed. (2) Take your time with this title. It's not "play right out of the box". Your time spent with this game will be rewarded!

Last edited:
pre ordered from shopto for £20 :) ready for this homie

Not for PS3/XBOX you didnt as i have a shopto pre-order and its £34.95 !!!

As for the poster that said he has a way of eliminating the auto-misdirected shot issue that 'some' people are experiencing - do you realise how immature you sound saying 'its my secret, not gonna tell' !!!!!

maybe you should be on the FIFA forums instead! :YAWN:

Lami, I don't get your point. Why are you linking those real misses ? What the hell misses have to do with the shooting "issue" in PES? (I quoted issue since it turns out that it is not an issue to some of you people). Fundamental question, how can I know at which direction those players wanted to shoot? :SHOCK: Second fundamental question is what misses have to do with wrong shooting direction? :SHOCK: These are two different things that my 2-years old child can tell you...

I completely agree with Lyvean. He's so damn right and convinced me that not only I see those problems (there are others well). I've already uninstalled PES12 demo so I can't record a video to show you an example of that and belive me (Jimmy) it is not a "Making sure the preferred foot is in use, the posture is correct, the angles are right, there is no pressure" context. What's more, if I showed you that you would have to believe me that I was pointing at different direction.

There is so much truth in:
You couldn't be more wrong. I love PES and this year we have the best PES of this generation.

But I'm not blind as so many people are. And don't forget that it's this blind devotion that allows Konami to release such a game.

Dear god, you people get the game you deserve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom