PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Guys I keep having random shot direction sometimes... Do you?
Often you aim a direction and the shot go to the opposite, thats really annoying...

Same here mate...It seems to me that one of the most accomplished things PES series had from the start and that didn't need improving they changed it somehow...and seems broken to me...It is really strange, you sometimes hit a great goal by pointing at the other corner.

This seems to be happening to a lot of people but everyone seems to be avoiding discussing it too much.

It seems to me something is wrong because I didn't get this feeling in the demos and now it really seems too obvious that shooting has major flaws.

I've had shots like that in the demos, at least demo 2, one time I was aiming at an open corner just outside the box, the keeper was guarding the near corner a bit too well. My player then buried it in the near corner, but the goal looked so good I sort of forgave the game for overriding my input. I can see it becoming really annoying though.

Same here mate...It seems to me that one of the most accomplished things PES series had from the start and that didn't need improving they changed it somehow...and seems broken to me...It is really strange, you sometimes hit a great goal by pointing at the other corner.

This seems to be happening to a lot of people but everyone seems to be avoiding discussing it too much.

It seems to me something is wrong because I didn't get this feeling in the demos and now it really seems too obvious that shooting has major flaws.

It's true.. happened to me too but way too little to really complain about it. Once every 10 games doesn't really bother me so much.

See my post #10518 on the previous page.

Cheers. Been away for too long, thought that people were lumping the animation skipping with that xbox issue.

Should add that I've just had my first Professional difficulty thrashing on the second demo, 5-1, Bayern v Spurs. Gomez with all 5, including a headed hatrick. I couldn't stop anything, was incredibly FIFA-esque the way the CPU decided it was going to score from every half-chance. Will give -2 a good bash later on given the feedback.

I'll tell you what's really impressed me in PES2012 - the Fenerbahce shirts. They're really good and accurate.

after reading through the last few pages i will definetly not be buying pes this year on release day for the first time ever.
after the utter tripe gameplay and bugs that ruined pes 2011 and hearing that there are lots of flaws in this one as well then i will give it a miss for a month to see if any probs are fixed if not then i will not be buying it at all!! simple as its about time konami stopped being lazy and tested the games properly before release.
Its as tho they dont care knowing people will buy it regardless £40 for something thats not working properly is disgusting.
So i will wait a few weeks see what the experts say about it on here when it is released in england and then decide to buy or not to buy that is the question!!!

You will surely be doing yourself a huge injustice imo. This is the best PES yet people are just over reacting as always.

You will surely be doing yourself a huge injustice imo. This is the best PES yet people are just over reacting as always.

i agree with you
i have the retail game, offline is just great, much more than pes 2011
if you liked pes 2011 you will love pes 2012

online, instead it's another story, it's a very different game, especially in Online master League, becuase you will play against full assisted guys

I mentioned that several times here... and a couple of people confirmed that also. And to your surprise it was in the demo already. I can't even understand how "real" PES fans can ignore that... The "root" pleasure of PES was freedom and especially freedom of shooting. This was one of the major thing that people fell in love with PES since its PES series birth. What's more all the hate about previous gen fifa was "scripts" and now when PES is so f*cking scripted a lot of people do not admit that. This shooting thing (opposite corner) is an epic fail for all "real" PES fans. This is denial of PES history. 10 years ago WE2002 was much better in this area...

Last edited:
The game lacks realistic animations and the game speed is just horrible, too fast!! The passing system of PES 2011 was great, WHY break it!! this pass support thing is annoying!! there is no need for the power bar then!! FIFA 12 is a more realistic game in terms of animations and game speed! but unfortunately it's almost unplayable for me!

I am going to look into this shooting thing when the full game training mode is out. I have an idea that something is up when running and hitting the ball in stride. I have 1 or 2 occasions in every 5 or so matches noticed it going in its own direction not nearly common enough to be considered a gamebreaker and absolutely not indicative of scripting because the other 9/10 times it goes to where you point or think.

Am I the only one that can't explain half the shit he does on PES when he thinks of it? LOL. Ask me how to do a heel feint and I can't but give me control and I can pull it off...... wierd

That's it !!! I am gonna kick Seabass in the nut for the scripting in pes 2012. It's sooooooooo frustrating :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT: My Goal keeper has made another "fix match" goal again, its been the forth time in three matches, THREE MATCHES!!! C'mon..............................

Last edited:
About shooting, I was talking about that to my brother, and he said he felt no great difficulty to place shots, then I tested him, asked him to go into training mode and try different variations (player position and speed/shot direction), and he became aware he couldn't place half his shots where he wanted to...

That many people here are talking about this means it can't be only in our heads, and that others are saying they have no problem, then there must be a new technique to accomplish good shooting.

After spending some time on training I figured that releasing the sprint button at least half a second before pressing 'shoot' helps a bit. Can't say if it's placebo effect or what, because I still get many misdirected shots, especially on 1-on-1s where my player will most likely hit it directly to the keeper. But overall my feeling is positive.

I've awlays done that in previous games, releasing one button before hitting the other, but used to do this very quickly, while in PES2012 this time window is a bit bigger.

Most annoying issue to me in pes 2012, its pissing me off already :RANT:

YouTube - PES 2012 shootin issues
Another hint to this joke is that a lot of shots go in exactly halfway between the posts. You can see it better training without a keeper.

Last edited:
if you liked pes 2011 you will love pes 2012

Good one! imo i didn't liked pes 2011 at all, so is normal that i hate pes 2012.

I installed and uninstalled the game like 5 times by now (a little more times like it happened with 2011) trying to convince myself that this year is different, is improved, it's better, it's PES!

But no, i can't stand to cheating myself.
I love PES with all my passion, but not in this generation. I'm done with it...for now. (like always i say since 2008)

But in the other side i'm happy, because PES 6 still updated, alive and kicking and it's GREAT! And this happens because the new ones doesn't even are the shadow of it.
:BYE:

Most annoying issue to me in pes 2012, its pissing me off already :RANT:

YouTube - PES 2012 shootin issues
This is what I mean when I said I wanted to test it on training mode. But are you telling me if you are running towards the corner flag around the goals area and want to take a shot in the same bottom corner of the posts that you want it to go to the corner flag instead?!! In PES when you press shoot the directional keys become points on the goal not relative to the entire pitch.

Guess PES2012notgonbegood huh? :BOP:

You need to list a top 10 of your most annoying things cause I have lost track as every issue raised to you is most annoying and stopping you from enjoying it

Last edited:
The only thing I do know is that when I altered one slider last night things went to shit. The ball weight / speed thing, I increased it by one. Straightaway in my ML the scripting returned, I lost 7-0 at home to Newcastle with Nile Ranger scoring 6 unstoppable goals. It felt very much like the AI exploiting the ball speed to do super-fast passing "triangles" and shots.

Play felt like I was on +1 speed, but I play on -2. Passes were too quick for the animations and too fast for defenders to block, keepers to save. When I attacked, I was constantly dispossessed by nudges and the loose ball 90% of the time flew to the enemy.

Needless to say, I'm reverting back to "cheat script removal" and that is all. Ball physics were fine then, I only tried "slightly faster" out of curiosity.

What difficulty do you play on.. Superstar? I still notice cheating but overall it's way less but losing 7-0 O_o that never happened to me

Btw when you up the ball speed also tune the weight of the ball otherwise it doesn't really make sense anymore i guess

Last edited:
Good one! imo i didn't liked pes 2011 at all, so is normal that i hate pes 2012.

I installed and uninstalled the game like 5 times by now (a little more times like it happened with 2011) trying to convince myself that this year is different, is improved, it's better, it's PES!

I love PES with all my passion, but not in this generation. I'm done with it...for now. (like always i say since 2008)

But in the other side i'm happy, because PES 6 still updated, alive and kicking and it's GREAT! And this happens because the new ones doesn't even are the shadow of it.

I konw how you feel, this generation of PES is simply disgrace to the serie, thats all. I said it before and say it again :
This game needs new engine (or different engine) , make jokes of it or not,its all you can do, but its truth.

Some people here are playing absolutly fanatastic game every year. They are fanboys and are playing blind, they just want their PES thats all :
keepers ? GREAT MATE !! ( wtf ? keepers are awfull )
shooting ? GREAT MATE !! ( wtf ? shooting is bad, I can clearly see that 2 of 3 shots are going different direction that I was aiming ) and so on.

And as about this : If you loved PES 11 you will love PES 12 :-))))))))))))
yes this goes every year.

About the Keepers, on the UK PS3 version, I don't see much difference pre and post 1.01 patch. I uninstalled the patch and haven't noticed much differences too.

Maybe it's just me though? Not sure the PS3 got the same GK patch..

Its amazing how the keepers have crazy reflexes one on one. I chipped one over cech and he lifted his hand to parry it over the bar. Then when you take a shot outside the box albeit from his blind spot as there were plenty players in his way he is rooted to the spot as it rolls by him not sure if its just Konamis inadequacy when animating a goalkeeper being flat footed.

What difficulty do you play on.. Superstar? I still notice cheating but overall it's way less but losing 7-0 O_o that never happened to me

Btw when you up the ball speed also tune the weight of the ball otherwise it doesn't really make sense anymore i guess
Professional. I don't get to play the game with no distractions :D Doesn't matter too much now mate anyway, I'm only using the Jenkey tool for the cheat removal script and I've had no head-to-desk moments since.

could you tell me where is the difference between Pes 6 gameplay and pes 2012 gameplay? To me they play almost the same

Isn't nostalgia making you believe pes 6 is still better?

i agree that pes shhoting and crossing need to be more manual, they should give us the same support bar system as passing
even in pes 2011 shooting and crossing were inconsistent, now it seems to be a little too easy to make a good shot

Last edited:
But are you telling me if you are running towards the corner flag around the goals area and want to take a shot in the same bottom corner of the posts that you want it to go to the corner flag instead?!!

No I want it to go to the side im aiming with my analog stick, so if im aiming left he should shoot the ball towards the left. His shooting acc can reflect the shot sure so he might miss or might go over or maybe it might go a bit towards the middle not completely left but not FREAKING RIGHT are u F***** kidding me.

Wow. What a conflicting range of opinions on the game. I'm still going to buy it but some of these views are seriously putting me off. Is it worth spending 40 quid on a half arsed, unfinished product? I seriously want this game to be amazing and have been looking forward to this release for a long time. Now the excitement has somewhat diminished for me with all the talk of bugs and glitches. Having an amazing AI is just not enough in my book. The whole game, in this day and age should be outstanding, anything less is simply inadequate. FFS Konami LISTEN to what people are saying and get your shit together or your going to lose your fans.
Was even considering renting FIFA out the other night, but it felt like the ultimate betrayal, on a par with cheating on the missus. I was stood there for about five minutes thinking about it, but just could not bring myself to do it. The feeling of guilt was so overwhelming. I love PES Konami, so please do not let me down or i will have to go looking for it elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom