PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Unfortunately I didn't see any fix for the run bug in that DLC patch. Believe it or not, I still experience this bug even on controller 2. It's not as frequent as it is on controller 1 but still there.

Ok I posted something similar on the game speed thread but I just played 2 games on the demo with default speed of zero (Xbox 360) but on regular difficulty instead of Professional and using Long camera. I played as Tottenham v Bayern and with Rangers v Inter.

First game ended in a 3-2 loss to Bayern but they built up and passed it around. Great gameplay and well balanced speed. Next game ended 0-0. Same thing happened with gameplay and speed.

Might be a combo of that camera angle and difficulty but it felt really good. Gave me some faith re the full game as I was getting disillusioned with the gameplay at times on the other settings.

Klashmann, any thoughts about Genk in the game...this is the first time my favourite team in in PES and i wonder how they are...any outstanding players? Or are they all fairly average?

Just checked for you and they're all average Gerd. One of them I might consider for my ML team though, Tozser. Looks like he's a good passer from his stats and can somewhat spray some good passes about.

Does any of you know anything about when we will be getting an option file by the amazingl editors?

I want to start Master League, I want to start my player mode and I can't because of the stupid database and team names.

Unbelievable, you fucking Konami. I paid for your game one more year and I can't play it.

Joke's on me, I know.

What does it do? I don't want to have to get this game on PC instead of Xbox. We have to make sure we keep hammering Konami with feedback so appropriate patches are released.

He put up a list of changes, but to me it feels more solid and polished.

My personal thoughts (he might've not even changed all of this but..)

- Passing (0 assist) is 10 times better than original Konami passing (i can't go back to original passing after playing his patch)*
- Defensive positioning and intercepting, cutting out passing lanes and 1-on-1 defending seems more in favor of defender but in a good way. You can still be outdribbled if you try to take on good dribblers without any thought or backup and vice versa. You cannot pressure whore too so i like it a lot.
- Cpu dribble accuracy toned down
- Player individuality is also x5. Stats matter MORE. Players that cannot shoot, can't shoot! Same goes for passing and dribbling etc (Stats always and better taken into account)
- *Sliders for weight of ball, (Shot) Power bar and more curve (not exaggerated very natural)

Some more little tweaks in how the AI plays, it's not completely perfect but he's getting there! It still features the cheat script but to a way lesser extent, it will be completely removed eventually. Next release (full release) is scheduled for tomorrow on PC and will feature more polished (re)balanced gameplay/AI.

If you have a good or decent PC, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT you will not be disappointed (or maybe just slightly:P)

I'm most likely NOT getting the console version but PC when it comes out officially over here, these gameplay patches are simply amazing!

Last edited:
Hah! Nice one. But he's no tosser to me!

Really considering him for the little cash I have ;)

And I'm doing good mate thanks. Pretty busy with this IT certification. You good?

Been flat out at work and sneaking in some games of FIFA 12 til PES comes out here.

Hopefully get onto MLO by end of this week ;)

Don't study too hard bud! :BRMM:

He put up a list of changes, but to me it feels more solid and polished.

My personal thoughts (he might've not even changed all of this but..)

- Passing (0 assist) is 10 times better than original Konami passing (i can't go back to original passing after playing his patch)*
- Defensive positioning and intercepting, cutting out passing lanes and 1-on-1 defending seems more in favor of defender but in a good way. You can still be outdribbled if you try to take on good dribblers without any thought or backup and vice versa. You cannot pressure whore too so i like it a lot.
- Cpu dribble accuracy toned down
- Player individuality is also x5. Stats matter MORE. Players that cannot shoot, can't shoot! Same goes for passing and dribbling etc (Stats always and better taken into account)
- *Sliders for weight of ball, (Shot) Power bar and more curve (not exaggerated very natural)

Some more little tweaks in how the AI plays, it's not completely perfect but he's getting there! It still features the cheat script but to a way lesser extent, it will be completely removed eventually. Next release (full release) is scheduled for tomorrow on PC and will feature more polished (re)balanced gameplay/AI.

If you have a good or decent PC, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT you will not be disappointed (or maybe just slightly:P)

I'm most likely NOT getting the console version but PC when it comes out officially over here, these gameplay patches are simply amazing!

Sounds really good but I'd have to spend $100 on a new video card and my PC is in my room - too hard to hook it up to my big screen. And I won't be able to play against a couple of mates who are on my Xbox friends list. Otherwise I'd get it on PC for the editing benefits also!

Sounds really good but I'd have to spend $100 on a new video card and my PC is in my room - too hard to hook it up to my big screen. And I won't be able to play against a couple of mates who are on my Xbox friends list. Otherwise I'd get it on PC for the editing benefits also!

Get a Videocard that can be connected to your TV depending on the inputs/outputs you have, graphics are also sharper and better (forgot to mention that one)

Convince them to get it for PC, or don't ever play the PC patched version because IF/(WHEN) you do... you're never going back to Xbox O_o
TRUST ME man

I got my imported PS3 copy and have been playing for a couple of days now, and I'm really starting to believe this game is utter garbage. Looks like Konami have caved in (to who exactly I wonder?) and have elected to once again make the game 'more challenging' by ramping up pressure and having the AI play stupid, crappy Stoke City football, not to mention the ridiculous cheating that's going on. I've known Konami and PES for years now and have always tried to edit the game to my likings before drawing conclusions but this iteration seems FUBAR.

I've edited player stats, team tactics, lowered game speed and played longer halves but it's all useless. They defend deep, press like hell and get the ball forward as quickly as possible, it's driving me insane. I cannot believe they've fucked up somewhere in the period between the demo and the full game again, but the superbly balanced gameplay (if very raw around the edges) of the first demo has completely vanished. Playing against the AI is once again a complete abomination. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I much prefer FIFA's AI and gameplay which I truly hate myself saying.

I'll get a refund for my PS3 version tomorrow morning and hope a decent gameplay patch can fix this mess on PC. Until that time, I'll happily play FIFA.

YouTube - PES 2012 stupid referee

Looks like they are aware of the run issue. this was a tweet from someone else with John's reply

PikosApikos_ Πίκος Απίκος
@JonMurphy_PES If not with this DLC then with the next one you should really fix the offline running of players, it pauses abruptly a lot.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑
Jon Murphy
@JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
@PikosApikos_ Team is aware of the run issue and looking at the fix

Klashmann, any thoughts about Genk in the game...this is the first time my favourite team in in PES and i wonder how they are...any outstanding players? Or are they all fairly average?

Gerd or anyone else, I posted this link before where you can see all player stats for PES 2012, very useful and has a great filter system. Link below is filtered to Genk.

http://www.pesdb.net/pes2012/index.php?filter_Team=genk&sort=Overall_rating&order=d

Surprised by the level of negative reactions this iteration is getting. From what I played of the demo there's plenty that needs improving, but generally I was quite pleased with it.

Do those that enjoyed PES 2011 believe it is a step down as well? Or is it mainly people who came back this year that still aren't content with it?

Thanks Lami and olly.

The new players aren't there and Mavinga was transferred to Rennes...the stats seem not bad to be honest.

Kevin De Bruyne has the best stats and he's their best player...that looks ok...Töszer is perhaps a litle bit overrated.

Genk seem to be ok, their stats a re quite poor, noticed plenty of individuallity though :) De Bruyne scored a great goal for me in the game i played. Quite aglie A good dribbler but his ball control i think is 78.

Vossen, despite having 75 for ball control was my favortie, maybe thats because i just like Secound strikers. Something about him, seemed like a maverick of some sort.

I got my imported PS3 copy and have been playing for a couple of days now, and I'm really starting to believe this game is utter garbage. Looks like Konami have caved in (to who exactly I wonder?) and have elected to once again make the game 'more challenging' by ramping up pressure and having the AI play stupid, crappy Stoke City football, not to mention the ridiculous cheating that's going on.

What settings you using?

Last edited:
Surprised by the level of negative reactions this iteration is getting. From what I played of the demo there's plenty that needs improving, but generally I was quite pleased with it.

Do those that enjoyed PES 2011 believe it is a step down as well? Or is it mainly people who came back this year that still aren't content with it?

UK Forum which has got burned with the release date I think, The game was "hot" when the demo's were out but the release date being held back so long and FIFA actually being very good has hurt Konami.

Really bad move in the end having it come out 15 days after FIFA.

UK Forum which has got burned with the release date I think, The game was "hot" when the demo's were out but the release date being held back so long and FIFA actually being very good has hurt Konami.

Really bad move in the end having it come out 15 days after FIFA.

maybe or a stroke of genius by konami, once fifa has been out for a while its flaws come out. I had NHL 12, i thought it was amazing, then the scoring became the same, it turnend formulaic, with time fifa will too, as always

maybe or a stroke of genius by konami, once fifa has been out for a while its flaws come out. I had NHL 12, i thought it was amazing, then the scoring became the same, it turnend formulaic, with time fifa will too, as always

It depends what you're looking for. If you're into playing against other people, it's much better than PES 2011.

But if you want to play against the CPU in ML or whatever, I strongly feel that there is more scripting/ cheating to aid the CPU than in any other PES to date. It takes so much away from an otherwise good experience.

Agreed Gomito but doesn't the price you sell it have an effect? Surely FIFA getting £40 for a game that's sold more than GTA4 compared to the "£25ish" quid possibly 2nd hand not have the same figures.

Also FIFA is a jugernaught people will always buy it but if the shoe was on the other foot and PES came out 15 days earlier I reckon it would have sold more at retail price than it probably will.

So, do we know anything about Master League when it comes to signing players? The last few years a whole lot of players have been unavailable to get your hands on due to the fact that they don't play for a recognized club side in the game. Has Konami come to their senses and included this option this year? Not being able to sign a lot of players because of such a thing has been quite annoying.

I got my imported PS3 copy and have been playing for a couple of days now, and I'm really starting to believe this game is utter garbage. Looks like Konami have caved in (to who exactly I wonder?) and have elected to once again make the game 'more challenging' by ramping up pressure and having the AI play stupid, crappy Stoke City football, not to mention the ridiculous cheating that's going on. I've known Konami and PES for years now and have always tried to edit the game to my likings before drawing conclusions but this iteration seems FUBAR.

I've edited player stats, team tactics, lowered game speed and played longer halves but it's all useless. They defend deep, press like hell and get the ball forward as quickly as possible, it's driving me insane. I cannot believe they've fucked up somewhere in the period between the demo and the full game again, but the superbly balanced gameplay (if very raw around the edges) of the first demo has completely vanished. Playing against the AI is once again a complete abomination. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I much prefer FIFA's AI and gameplay which I truly hate myself saying.

I'll get a refund for my PS3 version tomorrow morning and hope a decent gameplay patch can fix this mess on PC. Until that time, I'll happily play FIFA.

YouTube - PES 2012 stupid referee

I feel your pain, although your statement is a bit hyperbolic. The cheating is a bit severe. There is no excuse for disabling a players collision model (which happens quite frequently) so that the CPU can gain advantage. Moments like that totally ruin any concept of meaningful play.

So, do we know anything about Master League when it comes to signing players? The last few years a whole lot of players have been unavailable to get your hands on due to the fact that they don't play for a recognized club side in the game. Has Konami come to their senses and included this option this year? Not being able to sign a lot of players because of such a thing has been quite annoying.

Players who are in the game but not part of the ML teams appear as members of team 'OTHER'. You can still sign them. For example, I bought Neymar and Obinha in my second ML season.

Last edited:
I noticed on -1 speed, they cheat so hard, you CANNOT win a penalty! They will hack you down in the box but 'nothing'! On -2, i've had 3-4 penalties given for me, also i mean i had a game where i beat Porto 2-0, they had two, gilt edge 1 on 2 chances but missed both :| .Isn't it funny how nobody complains when it's 'scrpited to make you win'.

Noticed also since moving to -2 PES2012gbg has stopped posting anything negative :LOL:

Konami never fail to amaze wme with how unorganised the are marketing wise and how much they do not explain things!

Have to agree with amier, the jenkey patch makes things a fair bit better. Had 4 matches using it earlier enabling just the AI's "cheat script removal" and the pace of the game seemed more realistic and chances made by both myself and the AI were simply down to spaces left vulnerable to exploit, protecting the ball and using flashes of brilliance to break down defences. Haven't experienced God Mode since using this, which was evident in every 2nd season ML match before. Had to fight really hard to draw versus Man Utd at home, draw vs Everton & Villa and win against Wolves at home. Two great goals by Nani against me, but for once I wasn't nutting my desk.

I haven't yet changed any physics on the sliders as I still feel more happy with Konami's ball physics than not.

to me OFFLINE, even in Master League offline this is the best Pes since Ps2 days. And i prefer this slightly scripted AI against the dull, unchallenging, boring AI in Pes 2011

I noticed on -1 speed, they cheat so hard, you CANNOT win a penalty! They will hack you down in the box but 'nothing'!

The amount of times I've thrown my hands up in protest.:SHAKE: I get hacked to bits and nothing. The funny thing is, is that, the one penalty I was awarded came from an absolute nothing "foul." It wasn't even a tackle, just a soft coming together of players and I was lucky enough to have it go my way.

I feel your pain, although your statement is a bit hyperbolic. The cheating is a bit severe. There is no excuse for disabling a players collision model (which happens quite frequently) so that the CPU can gain advantage. Moments like that totally ruin any concept of meaningful play.

Players who are in the game but not part of the ML teams appear as members of team 'OTHER'. You can still sign them. For example, I bought Neymar and Obinha in my second ML season.

What about players on national teams that don't belong to a club team on the game? Those are the ones I'm most worried about.

Probably a dumb question - but where are people downloading PES2012 for PC from (in the US?) I've checked amazon, gamestop, steam etc - no dice?

Back
Top Bottom