PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Well I dunno Redhat, I haven't got the full game yet cos I'm in England. But on the demo there was no such thing. Certainly nothing which explained the differences in those terms.

Excellent, excellent post. Konami can add a passing assistance splash screen and tweak gamespeed options (especially for online) via a patch can't they!? Must we always have to look to next year's iteration as soon as PES is released :RANT:

we must push Konami to improve the game via several patches, not just one patch
many game developers act this way, i don't know why Konami can't do that

I feel as if trying to impress everyone in regards to passing is having a detrimental effect, playing on 1 bar (and I don't know why) and there does not seem to be a consistency in the amount of power and direction even when playing the same pass with the same player.

If people want to play manual, fine, give them that game too, but I just want to play it how it was without a power bar, what was wrong with it? There was still passing error and individuality to the players and I feel the power bar and four different settings for passing detrat from that.

I want a focused game from Konami because it still feels disjointed with flashes of brilliance whereas in the former games, they were just a joy to play even in a 0-0 and coupled with the inconsistent jerky acceleration it tends to lead to frustration.

Feel the scripting is way too obvious on this one too, every game for me I am dominating and then losing games or dropping points because that is what the game decides is classed as difficult it is hard to take, every so often I can take, that's football, you don't always get what you deserve but every game I am losing goals I cannot stop, it almost destroyed the Wii version last year and it is no less welcome here, I mean when you concede a free kick near the edge of the box you just count it as a penalty.

I feel as if trying to impress everyone in regards to passing is having a detrimental effect, playing on 1 bar (and I don't know why) and there does not seem to be a consistency in the amount of power and direction even when playing the same pass with the same player.

If people want to play manual, fine, give them that game too, but I just want to play it how it was without a power bar, what was wrong with it? There was still passing error and individuality to the players and I feel the power bar and four different settings for passing detrat from that.

I want a focused game from Konami because it still feels disjointed with flashes of brilliance whereas in the former games, they were just a joy to play even in a 0-0 and coupled with the inconsistent jerky acceleration it tends to lead to frustration.

Feel the scripting is way too obvious on this one too, every game for me I am dominating and then losing games or dropping points because that is what the game decides is classed as difficult it is hard to take, every so often I can take, that's football, you don't always get what you deserve but every game I am losing goals I cannot stop, it almost destroyed the Wii version last year and it is no less welcome here, I mean when you concede a free kick near the edge of the box you just count it as a penalty.

That is true. One bar is broken and behaves too erratic.

Damnit konami are so close to creating THEE football game, small changes to PES2012 could make it infinitely better. Take online match settings filters or slower CPU top player build up or hell a completely unassisted stat based football game.

Had a great instance where Terry and Kanoute were racing for a long ball I (yes ME not the CPU although jesus Navas stats came into play)played in the ball from the right side behind the halfway line to the middle of the pitch but weighed to perfection. Cech also raced out but Kanoute outmuscled Terry with a very nice little tussle animation that could have gone either way and chipped the ball over Cech who still managed a touch yet it looped into the goal Kanoute ran off into celebration before the ball crossed the line.... Pure football at its finest.

The shot fake one on one against the keeper is faaaaar too effective on the demo. Has this been improved in the full game?

Shot fake appears to drop them on their arse each time, but don't get too many one on ones so isnt really exploitative for me.

Yeah, it's like playing FIFA 12 on "legacy defending" or whatever it's called, and moaning that it's just the same as FIFA 11. No one reviewed that game and said "ah, FIFA 12 is crap, you just hold down the pressure button and win the ball back", because they used tactical defending... because it's the main selling point of the new game (despite the fact that it's actually quite primitive compared to PES' more varied and context-specific defending... but that's another issue).

But you got loads of reviews saying "PES is great fun if you just want a fun arcade kickabout, instead of the hardcore simulation of FIFA". Which is basically a clear signal that these reviewers stuck with 3-bar passing, or at least didn't go down to zero bars. No one could call a game on zero bars a "kickabout" - a "kick into the middle of nowhere" maybe, until you get used to it. But that's what it's like for reviewers: they're reviewing the game out of the box, and playing it the way most people do. If you don't wave a massive great flag about certain options within the game - which Konami don't - they just won't notice them. Don't forget, there are still thousands of people who try PES without knowing the intricacies of the R2 button (which are not properly explained anywhere in the manual), and complain that the game is "robotic"... which it probably is if you don't use R2.

And the passing assistance bars are tucked away in Personal Data, so most people won't give them too much thought. Would have worked better if Konami had stuck a splash screen at the start, where you have to choose all your settings, with a brief explanation of what this is all about.

You can imagine the kind of thing: "Please choose your passing assistance level. There are five settings. The lower numbers provide very little passing assistance and are suitable for simulation gameplay. The higher numbers provide a great deal of passing assistance and are suitable for beginners, or for arcade-style gameplay. You can alter these settings at any time by entering Personal Data."

Not hard, is it? Sometimes those little keywords (in this case "arcade" and "simulation") can go a long way. Casual players might not give a toss, but this is the major issue right now for serious football gamers - at least in Europe. Konami already screwed up (in my opinion) by making 0 speed gameplay too fast, which - combined with the poor animations - gives the game a slightly arcadey look. When every pass homes in on its target, you get extreme ping-pong and an even faster game speed, which just completes the effect. It's no surprise that the highly technical football sim which lies beneath the surface has been totally ignored, outside of hardcore forums like Evo-Web or WENB.

Following on from this brilliant post. I've played my first 25 minute game, a friendly between Genk (me) vs AIK on top player, -2 speed and 0 passing bars.

Such a shame really Konami dosen't try to heavily market this, or a least make an effort to demonstrate what the game is capable of. I mean i was playing the 1.00 version without the improved keepers of 1.01 and other bug fixes. it really was incredibly realistic.

Cheating? no! CPU taking their time? Yes, Game pace, brilliant, individuality? Through the fucking roof! I cannot believe at times how different every player is. The game finished 2-1 to me, and to be honest i think it was very much a 0-0 sort of game, just the keepers have this fetish on 1.00 to let soft, SOFT goals in :| , it's fixed on 1.01 but i can't play with that yet.

Before i was playing with some division 2 teams and it was brilliant, well, hilarious, the ball control was so atrocious :LOL: the CPU hardly bothered trying to pass, they just consistently hoofed up to the striker! i was literally a conference/League 2 game.

A bit of good marketing, and quite literally a few tweaks, and everyone, i mean everyone will love this game.

Hi mate, you should post this issue to J.Murphy and tell him that 1 bar is rather broken. I mean i play on 0 bars and it's great, so for now I'd stick with that until Konami tweak 1 bar. There's quite a few things in this game which need tweaking, i also feel crosses at times are still too accurate, needs to be more variation. I'm still loving it though.

After 249 pages reading over a couple of months, I figured I should jump in and offer a quick anecdote on a game experience to hilight the potential awesomeness of this title which I've been kicking around with for a couple of days. Please note that I am a former PES fanboy from the PS2 era, but haven't played extensively next-gen due to the poor quality of the titles. That will probably change this year.

So, after playing a bunch of exhibitions and some training, I decided to start a CL with my beloved Napoli. First game was at Villareal. Played the typical Napoli style of the past 2 seasons - organized, high-tempo pressure, fast counter. Late in 1st half, scoreless, I give up a corner. One of my defenders heads it our and it luckily lands at Hamsik and our counter is on 3v3 at MF. I beat the 1st defender off the dribble and am heading towards the Villareal goal now 3v2 when Cavani makes a brilliant diagonal run in front of Hamsik to his lef towards the box. I promptly hit a through ball which is too heavy and Cavani chases down at to the end line just outside the box. Unfortunately, because of the bad through ball, the 3rd defender is able to backtrack. I figure I'll hit a low hard cross in front of goal and hope Hamsik or Lavezzi poke it in. At the last second, I notice one of players flying into the boxat the far post and I hit a regular cross and he hits it home for an open header. Up 1-0 with Maggio. I watched the replay and Maggio was in the my box when the corner started and literally sprinted 90 meters to get to the other end of for the finish. It was stunning becuase it was just the type of play Napoli is known for.

Simply amazing! Can't wait to pick up next game tonight!

Naples is such a lovely place, went over as a lad for a couple months, remember a waiter refusing to serve me because I was donning a Inzaghi Juventus shirt :JAY: There were posters of Zola & Maradona put up everywhere in town as well.

Can't believe that a week before release I'm wavering on the preorder due to the run bug. Really can't decide whether to buy it when I'm almost certain I'll experience the damned thing. Amazed that something like this could make it into the full game.

Can't believe that a week before release I'm wavering on the preorder due to the run bug. Really can't decide whether to buy it when I'm almost certain I'll experience the damned thing. Amazed that something like this could make it into the full game.
What run bug? The 'run bug' that infamously ruined the gamescom showing is definitely not in the final game. Are you referring to the same bug?

What run bug? The 'run bug' that infamously ruined the gamescom showing is definitely not in the final game. Are you referring to the same bug?

Nah. It's something to do with controller 1. They have to switch to controller 2 for it to be fixed but then something else isn't right. It shouldn't be that way.

source: http://www.konami-pes2012.com/eu/en/2011/10/pes-2012-update-first-download-content-announce/

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has revealed it will update many club rosters and a wealth of new elements to PES 2012 on October 11th.

Konami is to release a free downloadable update for the PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Window PC versions of the game, which will update the club team rosters in line with all current transfers.

The publisher will also use the DLC to update the skill parameters of players, and to update the kits of several club teams. In total 160 clubs will be updated, with hundreds of players benefiting from more realistic stats and abilities that are tailored to their real-life playing style.

The DLC will also add 13 new styles of boots to the game, with new makes from adidas, Puma and Nike implemented, while the kit updates will see 29 teams brought in line with their current strips, including Real Madrid, Sporting Lisbon and Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

Cheers guys!

Paulo Tavares

Following on from this brilliant post. I've played my first 25 minute game, a friendly between Genk (me) vs AIK on top player, -2 speed and 0 passing bars.

Such a shame really Konami dosen't try to heavily market this, or a least make an effort to demonstrate what the game is capable of. I mean i was playing the 1.00 version without the improved keepers of 1.01 and other bug fixes. it really was incredibly realistic.

Cheating? no! CPU taking their time? Yes, Game pace, brilliant, individuality? Through the fucking roof! I cannot believe at times how different every player is. The game finished 2-1 to me, and to be honest i think it was very much a 0-0 sort of game, just the keepers have this fetish on 1.00 to let soft, SOFT goals in :| , it's fixed on 1.01 but i can't play with that yet.

Before i was playing with some division 2 teams and it was brilliant, well, hilarious, the ball control was so atrocious :LOL: the CPU hardly bothered trying to pass, they just consistently hoofed up to the striker! i was literally a conference/League 2 game.

A bit of good marketing, and quite literally a few tweaks, and everyone, i mean everyone will love this game.
i agree with this but , one major question :

if one changes the passing bar's to all manual, how will the cpu react ? will it continue to make "good" passes like on full assisted or will it start to make some mistakes too ?

also , i posted this on fifa topic but i just got massivly ignored.

but i am in a personal dispute between pes and fifa. all my friends prefer fifa but i just cannot feel that fifa is like anything soccer related to what i see on tv ( real matches )

One major point i noticed is that all CB's on fifa have a speed sprint cap :

for example , a CB on pes that has speed of 80 , on fifa has 50 ou 60.
some even go as to 30 or 40.

why is this ? what good does it do to simulation or realistic play ?

a question for anybody with the full game -

do manchester united have their correct european kit for the champions league mode? ie their regular home kit but with white socks? last year it wasn't included but the year before did if i remember right.

i know it's only a small detail but one that i always look for

many thanks

I think Napoli shirt must be fixed too...this year light blue is much more dark than last year's
And I hope they fix penalty system too...It is a shame it is not possible to shoot outside the goal...

I've shot wide and seen the computer shoot wide in a penalty shoot-out, but this is when being forced to use worse kick takers. If you get a penalty during the match and can use your best taker, its very difficult to shoot wide or over. I guess its slightly balanced by keeper saving more often when they guess the right way.

a question for anybody with the full game -

do manchester united have their correct european kit for the champions league mode? ie their regular home kit but with white socks? last year it wasn't included but the year before did if i remember right.

i know it's only a small detail but one that i always look for

many thanks

Just checked for you. red shirts, white shorts, black socks for CL

Klashmann, any thoughts about Genk in the game...this is the first time my favourite team in in PES and i wonder how they are...any outstanding players? Or are they all fairly average?

Back
Top Bottom