PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Right, made the change, turned on full assistance and turned off the power bar, only way I can give it an honest assessment (sort of) compared to the glory days, to me the power bar means nothing anyway apart from when shooting but I can get used to that, might make the game feel more responsive and be able to improvise more.

Have to agree with amier, the jenkey patch makes things a fair bit better. Had 4 matches using it earlier enabling just the AI's "cheat script removal" and the pace of the game seemed more realistic and chances made by both myself and the AI were simply down to spaces left vulnerable to exploit, protecting the ball and using flashes of brilliance to break down defences. Haven't experienced God Mode since using this, which was evident in every 2nd season ML match before. Had to fight really hard to draw versus Man Utd at home, draw vs Everton & Villa and win against Wolves at home. Two great goals by Nani against me, but for once I wasn't nutting my desk.

I haven't yet changed any physics on the sliders as I still feel more happy with Konami's ball physics than not.

Hey man, do you feel the passing (or the weight of ball) feels different (better?) because i'm not really 100% sure if it's because of the tweaked sliders i play with. It feels SOOO good it's incredible

The amount of times I've thrown my hands up in protest.:SHAKE: I get hacked to bits and nothing. The funny thing is, is that, the one penalty I was awarded came from an absolute nothing "foul." It wasn't even a tackle, just a soft coming together of players and I was lucky enough to have it go my way.

I know, this is why i stopped playing on -1, i'm not going back after a patch ot something.

Not that i'm bothered because -2 is the way!

Does any of you know anything about when we will be getting an option file by the amazingl editors?

I want to start Master League, I want to start my player mode and I can't because of the stupid database and team names.

Unbelievable, you fucking Konami. I paid for your game one more year and I can't play it.

Joke's on me, I know.

Possibly end of October. Depends how well the upgrade feature is implemented.

I have to say I'm tempted to pass on PES 2012 until a week or two after release just to see how this one pans out. If the game has been dumbed down like last year then I'm not going to be a happy bunny.

I'm doing the same with Fifa. I played the demo and to be fair it's a decent game, and so far the impressions have been very positive. The Fifa honeymoon normally ends fairly quickly, but this year seems different.

Forza 4 next week anyway. That's the game I'm really waiting for.

I have to say I'm tempted to pass on PES 2012 until a week or two after release just to see how this one pans out. If the game has been dumbed down like last year then I'm not going to be a happy bunny.

I'm doing the same with Fifa. I played the demo and to be fair it's a decent game, and so far the impressions have been very positive. The Fifa honeymoon normally ends fairly quickly, but this year seems different.

Forza 4 next week anyway. That's the game I'm really waiting for.

Most people can already tell you it wasn't dumbed down (at least not from demo 2), quite the opposite, passing assistance settings were more manual (and harder) and keepers massively improved with 1.01.

Most people can already tell you it wasn't dumbed down (at least not from demo 2), quite the opposite, passing assistance settings were more manual (and harder) and keepers massively improved with 1.01.

Player switching is still borked (through ball to x but game chooses y). Dribbling (for human players) is more stat based so it feels better. Shooting still needs a lot of work. All in all it feels different to Demo2 but not necessarily in a bad way. If you're getting on PC stay away from the ML until some proper team tactics are released.

Surprised by the level of negative reactions this iteration is getting. From what I played of the demo there's plenty that needs improving, but generally I was quite pleased with it.

Do those that enjoyed PES 2011 believe it is a step down as well? Or is it mainly people who came back this year that still aren't content with it?

Let me put it this way, I've probably already played more 2012 than I ever did 2011. :))

Yeah I have to join in and agree that jenkey's patch makes the game a lot better, I also added the yair patch released today that improves the gk's and they have been improved too so im enjoying this "new" game much more now.

Yeah I have to join in and agree that jenkey's patch makes the game a lot better, I also added the yair patch released today that improves the gk's and they have been improved too so im enjoying this "new" game much more now.

Agreed there's no way i can play the original if they don't improve it via patches.
It's too good with these tools

What about players on national teams that don't belong to a club team on the game? Those are the ones I'm most worried about.

I just checked and the answer is yes. Those players show up on 'OTHER' as well.

For example: Ahmed Al Suhail is listed for transfer even though he plays for a Saudi team that is not in the game. He is a Saudi international. Hope this answers your question.

I just checked and the answer is yes. Those players show up on 'OTHER' as well.

For example: Ahmed Al Suhail is listed for transfer even though he plays for a Saudi team that is not in the game. He is a Saudi international. Hope this answers your question.

Ace. Thanks a lot. Friday can't come soon enough.

Re: Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hey man, do you feel the passing (or the weight of ball) feels different (better?) because i'm not really 100% sure if it's because of the tweaked sliders i play with. It feels SOOO good it's incredible
The only thing I do know is that when I altered one slider last night things went to shit. The ball weight / speed thing, I increased it by one. Straightaway in my ML the scripting returned, I lost 7-0 at home to Newcastle with Nile Ranger scoring 6 unstoppable goals. It felt very much like the AI exploiting the ball speed to do super-fast passing "triangles" and shots.

Play felt like I was on +1 speed, but I play on -2. Passes were too quick for the animations and too fast for defenders to block, keepers to save. When I attacked, I was constantly dispossessed by nudges and the loose ball 90% of the time flew to the enemy.

Needless to say, I'm reverting back to "cheat script removal" and that is all. Ball physics were fine then, I only tried "slightly faster" out of curiosity.

Last edited:
no it is not. It is not working on NA xbox 360 at all. Every time i load it up it resets to default.
You are right, I have the same. I Twittered it today to Jon Murphy.

Can anyone confirm that has the full retail version of the X360 version still has the stutter step bug which was in the demo?
Yes it is. Jon Murphy on Twitter says the developement team knows about it. So hopefully they fix it quickly.

It works for me. I'm in NA. My saved settings all loaded just fine online.

By the way, Good game last night gomito.
Do you play with the second controller? That one may not have the Sprint bug, but it does not handle the saved settings well. For me it comes with the wrong language ( French in stead of German ) and my controller-config is set to default.

Unfortunately I didn't see any fix for the run bug in that DLC patch. Believe it or not, I still experience this bug even on controller 2. It's not as frequent as it is on controller 1 but still there.
That patch was the 1.01 patch, right? That one activated online and fixed the keeper. As far as I know it did not fix other gameplay-isssues.
I hope for a new fix on 14 october, when the UK and overhere in Holland release the game.

someone tweet murphy and ask about the run bug, as soon as this hits the uK he will know
I did ( no answer ) but others did too: Here is the answer:

@Hillman8 Manolis Hiladakis
@JonMurphy_PES what about the sprint Jon?hi...the player stops and starts again even though u hold the RB button pressed.(xbox 360)

JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
@
@Hillman8 team is looking into a fix. That would come in an update to code not DLC
17 uur geleden

Last edited:
after reading through the last few pages i will definetly not be buying pes this year on release day for the first time ever.
after the utter tripe gameplay and bugs that ruined pes 2011 and hearing that there are lots of flaws in this one as well then i will give it a miss for a month to see if any probs are fixed if not then i will not be buying it at all!! simple as its about time konami stopped being lazy and tested the games properly before release.
Its as tho they dont care knowing people will buy it regardless £40 for something thats not working properly is disgusting.
So i will wait a few weeks see what the experts say about it on here when it is released in england and then decide to buy or not to buy that is the question!!!

Guys I keep having random shot direction sometimes... Do you?
Often you aim a direction and the shot go to the opposite, thats really annoying...

After patching the keepers are fine on the Xbox.
Maybe you have the PC version and not patched the game?

Xbox version after patch, and keepers are definetly not ok, I have saved one of the best moments of Iker Cassilas, how can I put it online ?

Xbox version after patch, and keepers are definetly not ok, I have saved one of the best moments of Iker Cassilas, how can I put it online ?

Not sure how to put it online, but I am puzzled that the keeper is not okay on your Xbox. I played a lot of games with the Xbox patch 1.01 and the worst I came along was punching the ball in the wrong direction at times.
I have the German/French version BTW but that should not make any difference.

I think I will get this on PC, I have alot more faith in the commuity fixing things than I have in Konami. Is the online better on the PC?

Re: Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've PM'd the admins here, hopefully they can fit the changes into next week's DLC. Hang in there dude.

I just heard from Konami there will be special Fenerbahce DLC, changing their kits from false & bad to genuine and good. Only $9.99

That's not a ball boy. That's a Shinigami.

So not what I needed to read at 3am after that creepy, quasi-religious Nicholas Cage flick. :CONFUSE:

Also, for those with the game already, did Konami deal with the weird, poorly linked sprint animation from Demo 2? The one where the player on the ball looks to have flailing legs every few steps despite no change in speed. As far as the superficial aspects go, only thing that's bugging me. Kinda fools you into thinking the CPU players are changing pace when they're not.

So not what I needed to read at 3am after that creepy, quasi-religious Nicholas Cage flick. :CONFUSE:

Also, for those with the game already, did Konami deal with the weird, poorly linked sprint animation from Demo 2? The one where the player on the ball looks to have flailing legs every few steps despite no change in speed. As far as the superficial aspects go, only thing that's bugging me. Kinda fools you into thinking the CPU players are changing pace when they're not.

See my post #10518 on the previous page.

Back
Top Bottom