PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Most annoying issue to me in pes 2012, its pissing me off already :RANT:

YouTube - PES 2012 shootin issues

Do you not think what is happening is that he is pointing in the top left corner with his stick, so the shot goes towards the top left corner of the goal. The position of the stick relates to what part of the goal the shot is aimed.

The trouble is that due to shooting technique being set so high for all players the shot is no longer ballooned miles away and ends up looking a decent effort

Trawling through some of the previous posts and every year it's the same old gripes with people!

Not happy with this, Seabass's fault for that....

Save yourself the £40 and don't bother. The game has come on hugely and if some people can't see it then i honestly don't know what they want.

Trawling through some of the previous posts and every year it's the same old gripes with people!

Not happy with this, Seabass's fault for that....

Save yourself the £40 and don't bother. The game has come on hugely and if some people can't see it then i honestly don't know what they want.
No. Like i said i am still going to buy it, like i always do. Just would rather hear some more encouraging signs, that it really is as good as Murphy and co. are saying it is. If it has come on leaps and bounds as you say, that intrigues me making me want to play it. Posts that say, shooting is shit, goalkeepers are shit, are the ones that make me think twice.

Somebody on PESFan said you have no sprint-bug when playing on 1080p.
My TV only handles 1080i and I have that bug.
Who of you has his Xbox set on 1080p and still has that sprint-bug?

This question is about both the Xbox demo or the Xbox full version.

Last edited:
About the Keepers, on the UK PS3 version, I don't see much difference pre and post 1.01 patch. I uninstalled the patch and haven't noticed much differences too.

Maybe it's just me though? Not sure the PS3 got the same GK patch..

Are you sure?!??!?!?
I hate this goalkeepers patch...
Now Its' impossible to score by free kick :RANT: or by long or medium range shoot even if you perform a perfect shoot
I loved the goalkeepers how they was before...
We need a patch to fix ridiculous penalty System (PES2010 one was perfect)
And to fix shoots(too assisted)
and R2 shoots (it is so difficult to do something similar to FIFA ones??!?!)
then the game is almost perfect ( a part the dirty ps3 graphics)

The FIFA finesse shots are something I don't want anywhere near PES, they are way, way too overpowered and have been for quite some time.

To my experience with demo, finesse in FIFA 12 is better compared to FIFA 11 PC version. Sure it is better to avoid that in PES (mechanic-wise but the animation is okay :P )since it reminds me of FIFA WC 2002 curls :JAY: as how keeper animation in PES 2012 reminds me of theirs in PS2 :JAY:

True. Such conflicting views. Same shit different year :LOL:

About the shooting sometimes going nowhere near where people aim, we've been having the same issue since forever. I always thought it depended on many factors, like accuracy, technique, body position, weak foot accuracy (if shooting with wrong foot), opposition pressure etc.

No. Like i said i am still going to buy it, like i always do. Just would rather hear some more encouraging signs, that it really is as good as Murphy and co. are saying it is. If it has come on leaps and bounds as you say, that intrigues me making me want to play it. Posts that say, shooting is shit, goalkeepers are shit, are the ones that make me think twice.

I will tell you why i still play this game religiously every day. Despite all of the glitches and cheating, the PES excitement of the PS2 days are back. All of the positives far out-way the negatives. Teammate movement, stat relevancy and an organic passing system (on 0 assist)are all top notch. Nothing in the game is shit. People get carried away and make hyperbolic statements. The shooting, GKs and player switching definitely need work, but they are all serviceable. Don't be discouraged, you'll probably like it.

I will tell you why i still play this game religiously every day. Despite all of the glitches and cheating, the PES excitement of the PS2 days are back. All of the positives far out-way the negatives. Teammate movement, stat relevancy and an organic passing system (on 0 assist)are all top notch. Nothing in the game is shit. People get carried away and make hyperbolic statements. The shooting, GKs and player switching definitely need work, but they are all serviceable. Don't be discouraged, you'll probably like it.
Thanks mate.

No I want it to go to the side im aiming with my analog stick, so if im aiming left he should shoot the ball towards the left. His shooting acc can reflect the shot sure so he might miss or might go over or maybe it might go a bit towards the middle not completely left but not FREAKING RIGHT are u F***** kidding me.

1. Take your panty out of your crack.
2. There's an inconsistency which you highlighted as the "most" annoying thing making it so much less enjoyable. I am saying maybe there's a reason for it as I noticed it too albeit less seldom
3. When exactly are you just going to give up instead of trolling.

Are you sure?!??!?!?
Now Its' impossible to score by free kick :RANT: or by long or medium range shoot even if you perform a perfect shoot

I have no problems with that. So far I've scored 4 goals with Diego in like 10 attempts.

Long range shots were far, far, far too easy in the demos, so I'm glad they've toned that down.

Anyone have any idea what day Shopto tend to ship out orders? Hopefully they'll be a bit more relaxed with the release date seeing as it's already out all over Europe.

1. Take your panty out of your crack.
2. There's an inconsistency which you highlighted as the "most" annoying thing making it so much less enjoyable. I am saying maybe there's a reason for it as I noticed it too albeit less seldom
3. When exactly are you just going to give up instead of trolling.

IMO he is not a troll.
I have nothing against you, but you just can't stand the fact that he writes about obvious flaws in the game. You and i may not always (or in your case, never) agree with him. But he got the right to argument about his honest opinion and he does make good and sensible arguments.

I also thought he was a troll, but i was wrong and i apologized.
To be honest, if i was a mod (and luckily i'm not) and i had to choose who of the both of you is at fault here, it is you. Everybody has the right to his own opinion when he comes with debatable and sensible arguments. There is nothing wrong with this guy.

True. Such conflicting views. Same shit different year :LOL:

About the shooting sometimes going nowhere near where people aim, we've been having the same issue since forever. I always thought it depended on many factors, like accuracy, technique, body position, weak foot accuracy (if shooting with wrong foot), opposition pressure etc.

You are not serious, are you?

I always pass judgement on PES myself and bar a few people i trust i rarely believe what i'm reading or get caught up in other peoples horror stories of how it won't do A,B or C.

People, "reviewers" in particular have always been caught up in the FIFA hype monster and believe Rutter has created perfection(maybe it's the presentation or liscenses because it ain't gameplay imo) but FIFA always misses what every PES captures...deeper, tactical gameplay that's so much closer to real football than any rival could get

Somebody on PESFan said you have no sprint-bug when playing on 1080p.
My TV only handles 1080i and I have that bug.
Who of you has his Xbox set on 1080p and still has that sprint-bug?

This question is about both the Xbox demo or the Xbox full version.

I have demo 2 on 360, using hdmi. Since changing from 720p to 1080p I haven't had the run bug once in over 20 matches.

For those who are saying Pes 6 is much better: You're right! Pes 6 is much better, despite the graphics. However, i prefer We9LE, which is a much more balanced game.

I'm very disapointed with this Pes' next-gen era. Konami, please, copy about 80% of the old engine and mix it with the few good things and innovations of the new engine!!!!

Long range shots were far, far, far too easy in the demos, so I'm glad they've toned that down.

Anyone have any idea what day Shopto tend to ship out orders? Hopefully they'll be a bit more relaxed with the release date seeing as it's already out all over Europe.

Wednesday every time for me, bar the one occasion when I got FIFA 11 two days early... I DIDN'T WANT THAT FOOTBALL GAME 2 DAYS EARLY BY THE WAY, I GOT PES A DAY EARLY... think they done it on purpose.

I am expecting it on Thursday and they ain't let me down yet, if I get it earlier than that... :WORSHIP:

Are you sure?!??!?!?

I know man, freekicks are so hard this year (if you don't do a certain glitch). Over the wall 16-24 meters is VERY hard to score. I find it harder because the power bar is awful. You don't really know how much power you've put on because the graphic bends, which is so off putting.

But the keepers now are miles better and I love them. They still let in some awful goals and can't seem to save near post shots coming in from an angle but that's been like this before so not really bothered by it.

I agree, the penalty system is a disgrace. I took 30+ pens with Sneijder, full power, same direction every time. When the CPU went the right way, he never even got close to saving it. I scored all of them. Ridiculous. It's a guaranteed goal with what would be a handful of top players in the game. I'm yet to see a penalty go wide. Shocking stuff really.

Regarding shooting, I have no problem with them. It's slightly silly having the shots going in the middle of the goal when you aim to a certain corner, but it doesn't happen EVERY time and on the whole I think it is ok. It is a game determined by stats. Can easily be improved mind.

I see alot of complaints, and many of them are true, and i see the bugs and weird stuff too, but......

for the first time this gen consoles i am having fun with pes.

pesgames before this had only a few moments of joy, most of it was frustration and worse: stop playing pes at all.

This game is fun again, many bugs ok, thats true, but why do you play games, for fun i think?

i just don't understand this fascination for pes 6..it has as much as flaws as this pes, and every third corner kick is a goal..shooting in every pes is pretty much the same...sometimes shoot goes where you want, sometimes it doesnt..if you want realism, get off your ass and start playing for real

I was unsure if to buy Fifa 12 or PES 2012 because the demos left me unresolved, both having good and bad aspects with no clear winner... but I bought this weekend PES 2012 and damn is it much better than demo2!

I thought demo2 was supposed to be final code? The retail code seems more polished, the AI is better and more active, the graphics are a bit sharper and nicer, I even saw two or three new animations and the players seem to have better connection with the pitch...

The game is the bomb, I love it!

It feels on zero-bar, semi-assisted cursor, with all team-member-actions off and with speed -1 and widecam (pitchside looks awesome but I returned to widecam) so realistic and dynamic and everything seems possible, imho this is the best PES ever.

It has of course some faults: Goalkeeper is still unreliable, sprinting needs to be analogue, rails still exist and disturb me when the ball is loose and I want to direct the angle my player approaches but he is stuck on a rail and without supercancel you can do nothing...

On top-player the CPU is too efficient in making goals in nearly every opportunity and always scoring in freekicks...

And when the ball gets kicked by the goalkeeper the players are all freezed in their positions without the ability to adjust position until the ball comes down...

And shooting-direction seems a bit random sometimes or it is fully assisted and not controlled by me, I don't know yet for sure, needs more investigation.

But despite the small and bigger niggles I love this game, there is so much love and magic in this game, Seabass and his team really did it this time, they did it big time! :APPLAUD::BEER::GSCARF:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom