PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm going to raise an issue with Konami about the game speeds, because to be honest -1, 0 +1 don't really feel much different at all.

-2 and +2 seem to have the most drastric effect. -2 brings out all the realsim and takes away so much of the warping and unecessary quick touches. feels great and for PC i'm not moving from this speed :LOL:

+2 makes everyone so responsive and quick, sprinting is fun and easy, individuallity is little in movement but fun in gameplay, i can see causals or people who play stricly for fun loving this.

the rest seems to have balance issues. 0 is acceptable i'd say but -1 and +1 have issues from what i've seen. This is the 1.00 version on PC btw so i don't know about the xbox or PS3

Last edited:
I'm going to raise an issue with Konami about the game speeds, because to be honest -1, 0 +1 don't really feel much different at all.

-2 and +2 seem to have the most drastric effect. -2 brings out all the realsim and takes away so much of the warping and unecessary quick touches.

Im always playing on -2 anyway so I don't really have any issues with it, the most realistic is the one I use.

-2 and +2 seem to have the most drastric effect. -2 brings out all the realsim and takes away so much of the warping and unecessary quick touches.

+2 makes everyone so responsive and quick, sprinting is fun and easy, individuallity is little in movement but fun in gameplay.

the rest seems to have a few balance issues. This is the 1.00 version on PC btw so i don't know about the xbox or PS3

Funny you should say that Klash, once I've got something in my head with regards to PES I simply have to work it out.

With the game speed on 0 and -1 on Pitchside cam the game seems to cheat more. Once I put the gamespeed down to -2 and switched to Long cam, things seem to be better.

Is this placebo or what? I can understand why perhaps Long gives me better positioning to stop passing lanes etc, but why the apparent decrease in cheating on -2?!?

Funny you should say that Klash, once I've got something in my head with regards to PES I simply have to work it out.

With the game speed on 0 and -1 on Pitchside cam the game seems to cheat more. Once I put the gamespeed down to -2 and switched to Long cam, things seem to be better.

Is this placebo or what? I can understand why perhaps Long gives me better positioning to stop passing lanes etc, but why the apparent decrease in cheating on -2?!?

:LOL: nothing at all to do with pitchside cam. ALL to do with game speed!

-1 they cheat, on -2 they really 'don't' cheat or cheat unecessarily. I'm concerned about -1 becuase it's pretty useless! You might aswell play on 0 as the general player who cares not about realism does.

In regards to -2, i mean, go on the replay and watch the ball compared to -1, there's hardly any if any at all, unecessary warping of the ball, players turn at correct speeds, there's more depth in terms of using fast players correctly. It should just be called simulation mode really.

I played away to Nacional and the game ended 4-4 :CONFUSE::WORSHIP: . Thing isit 'appear' as if they where cheating, by hoofing crosses in and always finding a free man, yet i checked the tactics and Nacional had changed to a 4-1-2-3 formation (two wingers and three strikers :CONFUSE:) I not sure why but they were really determined to win!!! So went all out for it!

stuck three strikers up top, which overwhelmed my defence and my players didn't know who to mark.

As soon as i put 5 at the back to counter them, no more free headers ;) . So that is a great example of why we REALLY need to indetify the cheating properly and decide if it's unecessary like what happened to me vs Roma and ask for it to be removed, or just that it's a piece of technology, technology is stupid (Programs perfoming commands) and for game balance it needs some handicaps or else it's too easy :)

Goalkeepers should always protect their near post, yet in the game the near post effort is always much more successful than the far post finish that you see in nearly every goal in real life.

Does this nark anyone? Don't mind the parries etc as much as the poor positioning of the keeper. They show you the near post every time, which would NEVER happen in real life except for a bad keeper occasionally when they are in bad form.

No?

Has anyone noticed any real improvements with keepers with the 1.01 patch ? I can't say that I have tbh.They still make the same shitty mistakes

In 1.00 GK are was bad, now in 1.01 are bad and stupid . I can make videos what ridiculous goals CPU score vs me , after GK fails.

Keepers are tons better here. Sometimes they're too good even. It's specially noticeable on BAL, I started my BAL with 1.00 and almost every shot I did lead to a goal. With 1.01 keepers easily grab the majority of my shots.

They also parry alot less (they grab the ball at least 75% of the times). They do make some mistakes, but I haven't seen any unrealistic blunder a keeper in real life wouldn't make. And most of the times those mistakes (those who lead to "easy goals") happen when the ball hits a defender first and changes direction.

Last edited:
Don't people care that the major run/stop bug is still present in the 360 version? You have to connect 2 controllers and use the second in order to be able to play.

Check these couple of beauties out, they sure as hell put a huge smile on my face. :WOOT:

The first is something I've tried to pull off a couple of times but always seem to screw it up, and I got the idea a few weeks ago when we were talking about R2 turns. This is a Super Cancel Dummy, it reminds me a little of that infamous Pele dummy, but the opposite way round if you like. Anyway, it's pure class.

The second clip again was done with R2, or at least I pressed it anyway. One of the very best first-touches I've seen, took it down with the heel of his opposite leg. Absolutely stunning.

YouTube - Super Cancel Dummy

I just can't understand why doesn't Konami and EA use global settings for almost everything.

I mean pass assist, no pass assist, speed up, speed down, etc. You learn to play single player at a lower speed because it's more realistic, but then online its super fast again. You learn to play with no assist but online everyone plays with assists. You try to search for players with no assist but there are very few around.

Stop this madness and let everyone learn and get used to the same system. Stop introdcucing choices upon choices because you are incapable of balancing things out.

How on earth do these people get paid is beyond me. I could produce -design wise- a much, much bette game than this. And so would many people in here.

Didn't you say you where using -1 gamespeed in some tests however for that Slovakia Spain thing... Or the Barcelona tests

Yea but that was when I just got the game, then someone advised me to try -2 and it was way more realistic.

Check these couple of beauties out, they sure as hell put a huge smile on my face. :WOOT:

The first is something I've tried to pull off a couple of times but always seem to screw it up, and I got the idea a few weeks ago when we were talking about R2 turns. This is a Super Cancel Dummy, it reminds me a little of that infamous Pele dummy, but the opposite way round if you like. Anyway, it's pure class.

The second clip again was done with R2, or at least I pressed it anyway. One of the very best first-touches I've seen, took it down with the heel of his opposite leg. Absolutely stunning.

Great feint that first one.
The 2nd is truly great 1st touch but it also shows nicely how overpowered some aspects like ball control/technique are, not from your case per say now but overall there are too many such "out of the world" 1st touches in the game performed by players with 80's BC or even less.

Im certainly going to downgrade quite a few stats globaly when theres a good OF and editor out.

Last edited:
I just can't understand why doesn't Konami and EA use global settings for almost everything.

I mean pass assist, no pass assist, speed up, speed down, etc. You learn to play single player at a lower speed because it's more realistic, but then online its super fast again. You learn to play with no assist but online everyone plays with assists. You try to search for players with no assist but there are very few around.

Stop this madness and let everyone learn and get used to the same system. Stop introdcucing choices upon choices because you are incapable of balancing things out.

How on earth do these people get paid is beyond me. I could produce -design wise- a much, much bette game than this. And so would many people in here.

It's a clear marketing strategy.They wanna "satisfy" as much customers as possible by giving a wide range of possibilities.

the first one is top notch man really does remind me of the pele dummy which he didn't score, but the possibilities this gives you are incredible.
the second one is a bit strange but still worked out good

I think I'll give -2 a go on game speed too.

Hopefully it will help me crack Top Player as at the moment(playing as Ranger on Demo 2) it feels almost impossible to beat the AI.

I've cracked defending and tried different tactics yet even if I am in front the opposition always go unstoppable near the end.

I dread to think how I'll cope on Top Player ML with default players once I get the full game! Anyone tried?

Loving the game for the most part right now but I'd love it even more if the CPU would score a well worked goal for once. 3/4 of the goals I concede are the result of either;

A: A Jammy deflection that flies off of 3 of my players and lands perfectly for the attacker, or in the case of my last match, a perfectly deflected through ball from inside the center circle that magically bypasses all of my defenders.

B. My keeper having a stroke.

And is it just me, or are the opposition seemingly impervious to tackles towards the end of the match? (especially if you're winning) This type of scripting use to drive me crazy in 5 and 6. In the 80th minute my players would become immobile, half-wits while the CPU became gods.

Loving the game for the most part right now but I'd love it even more if the CPU would score a well worked goal for once. 3/4 of the goals I concede are the result of either;

A: A Jammy deflection that flies off of 3 of my players and lands perfectly for the attacker, or in the case of my last match, a perfectly deflected through ball from inside the center circle that magically bypasses all of my defenders.

B. My keeper having a stroke.

And is it just me, or are the opposition seemingly impervious to tackles towards the end of the match? (especially if you're winning) This type of scripting use to drive me crazy in 5 and 6. In the 80th minute my players would become immobile, half-wits while the CPU became gods.

Exactly. Of all the goals I've conceded in the ML, only 1 or 2 of them are the result of well worked play from the CPU. As you've said they're usually from deflections or hail mary long balls/crosses that are pretty much indefensible. I actually have a clip that i'll upload later that shows me dispossessing a CPU player legitimately only to have the game decide to take away my control of the defender AND have the CPU player clip through the defender's geometry like he wasn't there. Utterly infuriating.

What a game today :D Bayern vs. Real on superstar
cakkk.jpg

I score for 5-5 in 90+5 (Neuer with head)

Thats stamina mate :WORSHIP: Trust me, the CPU will substitute and put a fresh player on (striker, winger)he will tear your tired players to streads if he has decent stats. I noticed in the epic 4-4 draw vs Nacional, when i put Meyong on, i could just tap R1 or Rb, run at their tired defenders and easily pass them.

It's harder to do, well everything at the end of the game when tired.

Also those jammy goals the CPU score from rebounds, anyone else think it's cheating?

Also those jammy goals the CPU score from rebounds, anyone else think it's cheating?

Not always, but often enough. Yesterday I received a cross which – firstly - one of my defenders refused to jump at despite me pressing the clear button. The ensuing shot was deflected in a way that the ball hit Neuer's outstretched hands and the rebound made a 90-degree turn in mid-air so that it could conveniently land on the head of an unmarked CPU-player to nick it in. Vintage PES ;) Made a slomo video of it. Quite comical.

Oh, needless to say: it was an injury-time equalizer.

Not always, but often enough. Yesterday I received a cross which – firstly - one of my defenders refused to jump at despite me pressing the clear button. The ensuing shot was deflected in a way that the ball hit Neuer's outstretched hands and the rebound made a 90-degree turn in mid-air so that it could conveniently land on the head of an unmarked CPU-player to nick it in. Vintage PES ;) Made a slomo video of it. Quite comical.

Yeah - I've had this loads. The deflection is one thing - but what's up with your defender not being able to jump?

I had Vidic marking Defoe last night and it was a looping cross - no problem Vida will just head it away, but hey presto, he just stands there when i select him. Hammering circle, cross, x everything and he doesn't move - actually appears to duck! And shock of shocks, Defoe makes no mistake.

Game. Is. Broken.

Thats stamina mate :WORSHIP: Trust me, the CPU will substitute and put a fresh player on (striker, winger)he will tear your tired players to streads if he has decent stats. I noticed in the epic 4-4 draw vs Nacional, when i put Meyong on, i could just tap R1 or Rb, run at their tired defenders and easily pass them.

It's harder to do, well everything at the end of the game when tired.

Oh, I agree with you entirely, in concept. As your performance can significantly drop when you're both physically and mentally exhausted. I suppose what I was getting at was, comparatively, it doesn't necessarily feel as balanced as it should. As in, the CPU doesn't seem to be as affected by the stamina system as your players.

That's assuming the cause of said issue is due to the stamina system and not CPU scripting.

I think I'll give -2 a go on game speed too.

Hopefully it will help me crack Top Player as at the moment(playing as Ranger on Demo 2) it feels almost impossible to beat the AI.

It feels too much like slomo for my taste and it doesn't really influence the aspects that increasingly frustrate me about the game: namely the super-passing-precision and super-dribbling skills of all CPU teams on the higher diff levels ('Pro' and up). It only makes things a bit more manageable but at the cost of realism imo. -1 is what seems most natural to me in terms of flow.

FIFA is plagued by similar syndromes, btw, in that the CPU plays almost immaculate on 'World Class' and 'Legend' (passing accuracy of 80% and above across the bench and across the teams) but there you can at least breathe some 'human' propensity for error into the game by using the sliders (which doesn't, however, solve other glaring issues).

I guess there is currently no other way to code a competitive A.I. that doesn't simply scale up through bumping precision, agility and speed. Wish there was, but, hey, it's just a game after all.

Beia mar scored a last mintue winner against me where a long ball was pumped up field, i made a small mistake by pressing the pass header to try get it away, my defender didn't clear it, i rebonded off a player, feel perfectly to a beir mar player who played a trhough ball to a striker who finished as if he was van basten on steriods! :CONFUSE:

It was on -1 by the way. On -2 this dosen't seem to happen though.

Will have to try -2 - currently on -1 right now and while I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, it has its quirks. I'm on the PC with Yair's gameplay mod, I'd post in that section but it's not as busy :)

Back
Top Bottom