PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

@klashman excellent,excellent post mate.

I turned the corner today with PES defending. Not completely but I am now waaaaaay more in control. I also recommend using the offside trap trigger a lot. I no longer have the problem where my full back is playing people onside.

I made a video of Van Persie being suckered by my now intelligent sb :LOL:

You literally have to think all the time. I don't think I'll be able to play PES hours on end anymore. The amount of concentration needed is frightening or maybe its just not second nature yet.

Keep at it boys this thing will grow on you like a tumor.

Hi, people, i've had a very lazy day today for once, got up, couldn't be bothered to do anything, so i though i might as well get to know PES 2012 a lill better.

The game has one or two little issues, but overall is very enjoyable. I've just come on here to see some of the negativity and positivity and i can see why people are having great or poor experiences of the game. So Tonnyrat, PES 2012 be good if this helps I'll be glad to hear.

Ok, firstly, the AI. People are complaining it seems about the user team AI not being smart. For me it's the same story really as PES 2011 was. It seems those who are complaining are sadly to say tactically lazy. Just just boot up the game and play and cry and complain when a certain player dosen't make a run, or a pass dosen't come off etc... They are expecting the AI teammates to do exactly what they want, yet they haven't set their team up to play the the style they want.

So i've used two teams today, Braga and first Fluminense. Had a lot of fun on professional, 0 passing bars and -1, -2 game speed. What i noticed was just how much better my team was when i tried to set them up using tactics i think suited them, rather than just jump in and play. When i just used the default settings, i got well and truly battered! I mean 4-0 down at half time battered. Basically u really need to get used and comfortable with the team style settings so the teams you use are always playing the style of football you want to play. Also try to use 'standard' and create your own, i don't recommend the 'possession play' etc.. settings, they are a bit too blunt and most people don't really understand them. With Fluminese despite Deco's genius it was a battle, every cup game fucking teams using 5 at the back and so hard to break down, with Braga in ML it was great, once i got them playing how i want.

So overall team AI is great, just make sure they make give them the instructions to do what you want. Make sure you check every players stats to see how they move around you. I'm not saying it's perfect. I mean with the default settings i had one of my midfield have a brain fart and stand right in the way of my shot :| . Thing is i think it's simply that Fred for Fluminese is just crap! Awful player, hardly moves, poor control, can't really do anything.

Also the tackling. Well all i can say really is get used to timing your tackles. With Braga, they only players i've had issues tackling is Hulk! Who just too quick! Leaves you for dead as if you aren't there. Rodrigez and Valera along with Belluchi are also annoying but not unstoppable. Also players with 70 dribbling don't take you on, they don't even run at you, they play to their strength weather it's to pass etc... I think people will be surprised to see how many players have high dribbling stats. It's hard to tackle, it takes time to learn, i think people have too much ego, since they consider themselves past PES god's, so once tackling becomes a challenge they think it's broken, bit like how some people are complaining about tactical defending with FIFA. You people need to think, you complain about it being too easy, not it's too hard? . It's PES reputation which makes you complain i think. If anything s totally perfect for you liking you complain. Back in the PS2 era, if something wasn't right, people just said LEARN, YOUR SHIT PLAY THE GAME! Obviously i'm not saying that to you but keep things in perspective.

Pressure? Really, i know if you edit the settings like i did for Barca, they pressure like mad but could you please tell the CPU AI to pressure me if you would be so very kind :). Some of them (Copa America teams. Play 5 at the back and literally camp in their 18 yard box all game. Anyway, it should change a bit after the DLC since teams are setup in a total mess at the moment. Not saying it's good but it's best for you to identify the cause for your trouble and if it's simply wait for a DLC to organize the tactics for the teams, not point shouting BROKEN! BROKEN!!

Also I'm very happy with stamina at the moment, once your player losses it all, he can't run, can't pass, can't really do fuck all it seems which is a nice change, so you do have to make use of subs and if your 100 down and your not Barca or [enter top team here] you need to HOOF it :)

So very early impressions is good, very good, but not best pleased the game isn't really finished yet (Database) There's a lot to the game, so i'm not getting excited really, very early days.

Hope this helps. Also i think yair crazy if he's already editing the game. I mean, when i used to do FIFA gameplay patches, i always waited say 2-3 weeks after i've given it a thorough test to tweak things, rather than play 45 games hen try fix something which simply requires you to get better at the game.

I completely agree

+100000

Can someone who has the full game tell me if the team squads are up to date? I know in the demo that Eto is still playing for Inter, is that the case in the full game?

I would check myself but due to the infinite wisdom of Konami I can't buy a copy for 2 weeks. Thanks.

thanks people.

Some tiny things i'm diappointed with.

Graphics, up close thye look very good but further away not so good. it dosen't to me at least for now seem like the LOD, it's seems the lighting just isn't as good as PES 2010. Weird how PES 2010 is still the best looking football astheticlly with graphics, or it might be just the LOD. I'll play around with it but i'm not best pleased with it for now.

I'm satisfied with the animations, they are good this year, they won't really annoy me, (there's a few 'bad' ones but in general they flow well.) But i do miss the 'solid' movemtns from PES 2010, i mean these:
YouTube - PES 2012 Animations request part 2

I mean, PES 2012 does have some good solid movements and good demonstration of momentum etc.. but at times they have that 'warp' or skate a bit on and off the ball. I would like to see a patch even where players with average technique perform some more asthetic solid movements like in the video above. As long as it dosen't impact the fluidity.

I liked PES 2010 despite it being totally broken, there was suprisingly a lot of good in that game despite the rails, broken ref, robotic transitions, so many bugs etc..

Also people are foolish to call them rubbish compared to FIFA sexy ones, you need to understand just how much money and development goes into FIFA animations and there aren't hardly any games available apart from maybe NBA 2k which comes close to that level of fluidity. Also this is what EA focus on the most and it's it number one aspect for the game. Getting the animations right.

It's like calling Everton rubbish because they can't compete with Man City, and they ignore the giant finacial valley between the two. PES 2012 animations are at a good standard, they are always going to be beaten easily by the beast tech EA have so you cannot expect them to compete in that area.

Anyone who uses the "fanboy/s" word to wind up people again will be banned, and I don't care who you are or where you come from.

The word simply adds NOTHING to a discussion or a debate. If you cannot debate then don't reply.

Suit yourself.

Less is more, don't hold secound press. Don't always close down the ball carrier, try to cut off the passing lane to the striker or winger, what i do at times is just select my center back and close off space.

Only secound press when the CPU have nowhere to go and are trapped.

I'm not using second press. I have had multiple situations where the CBs tend to drift apart or leave a ton of room for the CF to receive a through pass when the person I'm controlling (a CMF/DMF) is busy containing a midfielder. I'm not holding 'A', I'm not holding 'X', I'm not even holding 'RT+A'. I'm holding RT/R2 and positioning myself to take away the passing lanes while cutting off certain sides of the field. It's the CPU teammate behind me that is screwing everything up. I tried playing the CBs closer together, turn down pressing, play a high or deep DL and this still happens a few times a game.

Ppl trying to address the issues I listed before should really read my post. I've explained all of this before and 'learning how to play defense' isn't a solution because I'm playing the way everyone on here does. I'm not ramming into players or holding secondary press and destroying my team's shape or holding tackle and overrunning my targets. I cut off passing lanes and running lanes with R2... and I have success with it. The only issue is my team AI does everything it can to ruin my defense and I can't play all 11 players on the field at once to stop them from doing so.

I've been a massive 'fan' of PES for the past couple of years but 'boy' after playing FIFA12 manager mode I'm hooked ;) although PES12 is not yet out in Aus so what other choice do I have :)

I've been a massive 'fan' of PES for the past couple of years but 'boy' after playing FIFA12 manager mode I'm hooked ;) although PES12 is not yet out in Aus so what other choice do I have :)

Not that smart if its posted here :YAWN:

Watching the Liverpool vs Everton Highlights I cant help but feel that yesterdays match is scripted.

Come on... the way carrol is left unmarked like that and the ball bouncing off the defender in the path of Suarez.:P

FFS football gods you call this football pfffffft

http://11x2.com/news/855867/highlights-everton-0-2-liverpool-english-premier-league-01-10-11

Last edited:
Can someone who has the full game tell me if the team squads are up to date? I know in the demo that Eto is still playing for Inter, is that the case in the full game?

I would check myself but due to the infinite wisdom of Konami I can't buy a copy for 2 weeks. Thanks.

ronaldo is still at corinthians,nuff said:BOP:

Bought FIFA to fill the 2 week gap before PES, it feels like a rubiks cube to crack rather than a football game for me - us PES fans are soooo lucky! But the careermode has some nice touches, just seems about finding a scoring formula rather than responding to the situation.

How straightforward is downloading and applying an OF for the PS3?

@Lami after you helped me out last time I d like to ask another favour ;)

I ve seen a match of Az-Feyenoord on Pes2012 and got worried about the away kit of Feyenoord.

Should be light blue but instead Konami has chosen the white away kit for some reason!? Can you please check for me?

Thanks in advance!

Speed Merchants sound ridiculously overpowered again.

I mean seriously, perfect control while sprinting...wtf were Konami thinking? Especially when they do away with other vital cards and stats.

I play 4-2-4 defense system standard, with two helpers in the middle of the CMF, wingers at the height of the penalty area and lined up on RWF LWF, withdrawn striker and striker for the SS to CF. My problem is that when the wingers are going back with weapons to defend deep, or are in the middle of the field and when I want to move out versus just in front of two predators, and lack wings ... wants to keep teeth in August position and does not become them. The 2011 version was all okay, and in 2012 is now as I described, has anyone some idea?

Just calling in to say I agree with everyone who is calling the game difficult. For me personally it brings back memories of old days - going from PES2 to PES3 and so on. Every autumn I was forced to take a step back in difficulty level, most notably so between PES4 and PES5. The last few years I never had to do that, but now.. I played Top Level in PES11 for the last two months, but after being battered by France (me playing the Dutch) 9-0 (!?) on Professional, I am now back on regular. Playing a CL with Ajax, and everything is fine, although I still have to keep focus. But at least there is time to think, to get accustumed to the new defending, and to be creative in attacking
again.
This game rewards patience, in many ways. I may be bad at it now, but give me some time...

Enjoy playing!

@Lami after you helped me out last time I d like to ask another favour ;)

I ve seen a match of Az-Feyenoord on Pes2012 and got worried about the away kit of Feyenoord.

Should be light blue but instead Konami has chosen the white away kit for some reason!? Can you please check for me?

Thanks in advance!

Kits look exactly like these mate.

feyenoord_puma_1012_1.jpg

I'm not using second press. I have had multiple situations where the CBs tend to drift apart or leave a ton of room for the CF to receive a through pass when the person I'm controlling (a CMF/DMF) is busy containing a midfielder. I'm not holding 'A', I'm not holding 'X', I'm not even holding 'RT+A'. I'm holding RT/R2 and positioning myself to take away the passing lanes while cutting off certain sides of the field. It's the CPU teammate behind me that is screwing everything up. I tried playing the CBs closer together, turn down pressing, play a high or deep DL and this still happens a few times a game.

Ppl trying to address the issues I listed before should really read my post. I've explained all of this before and 'learning how to play defense' isn't a solution because I'm playing the way everyone on here does. I'm not ramming into players or holding secondary press and destroying my team's shape or holding tackle and overrunning my targets. I cut off passing lanes and running lanes with R2... and I have success with it. The only issue is my team AI does everything it can to ruin my defense and I can't play all 11 players on the field at once to stop them from doing so.

I've read this post and your previous ones, i believe your doing something wrong, like i said before i think it's your ego which won't allow to see what your doing wrong. You need to really relax, forget everything you know and start again and build up from there. Only a few are complaining it' too hard to tackle and saying their team AI is rubbish, i've played quite a bit and i'm fine with how my back 4 move about, my only gripe is at times they are caught out by crosses.

Like i said before you shouldn't be holding too many buttons, less is more, but you should be using all of them when the time is appropriate. it's very tactical from what i've seen so far, knowing when to pressure, when to contain, when to cut off passing lanes, when to track a run. You have to think on your feet, act on the situation and use your football brain. You can see the gameplay is clearly brillaint because even with konami being silly and lazy, giving most teams the same tactics, the game always in every single match i've played throws up new situations which is why people are finding the games hard, because of how varied it is. Covering in one situation works, on another it fails!

There is not magic forumla like in yesteryear when one defending style fits all. you need to think on your feet, plan the best way to tackle certian players.

There really is a lot to defending so don't get angry your struggling, you'll get there in the end. It's nothing to be ashamed off getting beaten by this AI.

I play 4-2-4 defense system standard, with two helpers in the middle of the CMF, wingers at the height of the penalty area and lined up on RWF LWF, withdrawn striker and striker for the SS to CF. My problem is that when the wingers are going back with weapons to defend deep, or are in the middle of the field and when I want to move out versus just in front of two predators, and lack wings ... wants to keep teeth in August position and does not become them. The 2011 version was all okay, and in 2012 is now as I described, has anyone some idea?

I'm sorry, but you have asked this so many times already. And someone has actually helped you, if you look back.
However most people here don't like stupid exploit formations so you won't get much help. Your wingers probably realise what a stupid formation you are playing and are clever enough to know they should help out in defence. You should be happy they do, because you may lose every game 6-2 if they didn't help defend.

I'm sorry, but you have asked this so many times already. And someone has actually helped you, if you look back.
However most people here don't like stupid exploit formations so you won't get much help. Your wingers probably realise what a stupid formation you are playing and are clever enough to know they should help out in defence. You should be happy they do, because you may lose every game 6-2 if they didn't help defend.

This.

Has he asked how to do the Kick-Off Glitch yet ? Or how come the drilled triple tap from the wings isnt working anymore ? :CONFUSE:

Just calling in to say I agree with everyone who is calling the game difficult. For me personally it brings back memories of old days - going from PES2 to PES3 and so on. Every autumn I was forced to take a step back in difficulty level, most notably so between PES4 and PES5. The last few years I never had to do that, but now.. I played Top Level in PES11 for the last two months, but after being battered by France (me playing the Dutch) 9-0 (!?) on Professional, I am now back on regular. Playing a CL with Ajax, and everything is fine, although I still have to keep focus. But at least there is time to think, to get accustumed to the new defending, and to be creative in attacking
again.
This game rewards patience, in many ways. I may be bad at it now, but give me some time...

Enjoy playing!

:CONFUSE: Omg, are you alright? Thats abuse :LOL:

anyway agree with you post mate :)

:FAIL: :FAIL: :FAIL:

somehow this setting Destroying all in 2011 ...

9-0 on professional? :SHOCK: Maybe you should take up gardening! Just kidding. I lost a few games 5-0 on the demos but getting much better now. There's a steep learning curve but it's very satisfying once it starts to click.

Back
Top Bottom