PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

The "small" patch includes an .exe. The size of the exe will always be about the same, even if everything had been overhauled. Huge changes can be done on the gameplay without the size changing a single byte.

Thanks now i don't have to reply :P

I don't understand the people raving about PES2012. I just purchased it last night for the PC and played the 1.01 patch and a ton of the things that irked me in PES2011 are still there.

Yair needs to put out a gameplay patch for the new version because the CPU cheats are infuriating.

Issues (playing on Professional w/ 1 bar Pass Support):
Dribbling - CPU can dribble through my legs with ease and any player changes directions like a superstar. I'm rarely using 'A' or 'R2+A' unless if the situation calls for it but people with low 70s dribbling skill are controlling the midfield like Xavi/Iniesta. I've been using the R2 and positioning tactic that seemed to be working well in the demos. I can't dribble like the CPU does AT ALL. Even the stabs of R2 only works with great dribblers whereas the CPU does it with anyone including slow fullbacks.

Shooting - There is no way to get a consistent low shot when in or around the penalty area. When I tap the shoot button, the striker does some stupid slide shot or toe poke and the ball goes nowhere. Tap the button for a little bit longer and the shot balloons over the bar or is shot directly at chest height for the GK. This happens with Cristiano Ronaldo and Drogba A LOT. Aiming is screwed up. You aim at the far corner and it the player shoots for the near post. Whenever you aim it in the middle of the goal, the ball always goes to the GK. No matter what happens there is no error when the ball is hit at the GK.

Passing - Sometimes you tap 'A' and the ball is passed 2 inches in front of you when your teammate is 5m out, other times it rockets past him with despite the same amount of power and using the same players.

User team AI - Is awful. I played PES2011 w/ Yair's patches and at best Konami's effort is close to Yair's final PES2011 version. CPU team players have instant reaction to loose balls, my teammates stand around like morons watching absolutely nothing. If you don't switch onto the player, the CPU will win a loose ball on the field all the time even if your teammate is 1m. This happens when the game doesn't lock in the loose ball for you. I'm not seeing many awesome runs no matter what type of tactics I'm using because the CPU D AI is always perfect while mine is shit.

CPU AI - Pressure fest. Players like SWP tackle like Maldini in the final third of the pitch. They block every longer distance shot attempt and crowd the penalty area, why the fuck won;t my team do that if I'm not pressuring like a maniac? Mine stand around and leave space for all kinds of shots. CPU plays perfect long passes all the time. It's like the CPU has Beckham on every team. My AI will ignore long balls or try to perform some shit clearing animation instead of actually going for the ball. Whenever I lose the ball in the final third of the pitch, the CPU plays a perfect clearance for a Counter-Attack. Always. It doesn't matter if it's someone with a 0 Long Pass rating, the clearance always lands to a striker. The perfect Through Balls are still there. My CB will casually let up for 1 second so the CPU CF can run clear through on goal. Happens with deep DL or high DL. My CBs will spread apart all the time by themselves and give up huge space in the middle. Also have seen a ton of players played onsides by a SB irregardless of the Offsides Trap option.

Deflections - Every ball goes to the CPU. I have had Benzema running wide open in the box on a counter attack take a first touch so heavy (w/o using Sprint) that the ball went to the opposing team's DMF near the sideline. Deflections somehow gain speed when hitting players and the ultra scripted out of bounds balls are still there.

Compared to PES2011 Yair Edition, I'm extremely dissapointed. I never played PES2011 w/o those gameplay patches so I don't know if the rave reviews coming in are from those who had to suffer through vanilla PES2011.

I don't understand the people raving about PES2012. I just purchased it last night for the PC and played the 1.01 patch and a ton of the things that irked me in PES2011 are still there.

Yair needs to put out a gameplay patch for the new version because the CPU cheats are infuriating.

Dribbling - CPU can dribble through my legs with ease and any player changes directions like a superstar. I'm rarely using 'A' or 'R2+A' unless if the situation calls for it but people with low 70s dribbling skill are controlling the midfield like Xavi/Iniesta. I've been using the R2 and positioning tactic that seemed to be working well in the demos. I can't dribble like the CPU does AT ALL. Even the stabs of R2 only works with great dribblers whereas the CPU does it with anyone including slow fullbacks.

Shooting - There is no way to get a consistent low shot when in or around the penalty area. When I tap the shoot button, the striker does some stupid slide shot or toe poke and the ball goes nowhere. Tap the button for a little bit longer and the shot balloons over the bar or is shot directly at chest height for the GK. This happens with Cristiano Ronaldo and Drogba A LOT. Aiming is screwed up. You aim at the far corner and it the player shoots for the near post. Whenever you aim it in the middle of the goal, the ball always goes to the GK. No matter what happens there is no error when the ball is hit at the GK.

Passing - Sometimes you tap 'A' and the ball is passed 2 inches in front of you when your teammate is 5m out, other times it rockets past him with despite the same amount of power and using the same players.

User team AI - Is awful. I played PES2011 w/ Yair's patches and at best Konami's effort is close to Yair's final PES2011 version. CPU team players have instant reaction to loose balls, my teammates stand around like morons watching absolutely nothing. If you don't switch onto the player, the CPU will win a loose ball on the field all the time even if your teammate is 1m. This happens when the game doesn't lock in the loose ball for you. I'm not seeing many awesome runs no matter what type of tactics I'm using because the CPU D AI is always perfect while mine is shit.

CPU AI - Pressure fest. Players like SWP tackle like Maldini in the final third of the pitch. They block every longer distance shot attempt and crowd the penalty area, why the fuck won;t my team do that if I'm not pressuring like a maniac? Mine stand around and leave space for all kinds of shots. CPU plays perfect long passes all the time. It's like the CPU has Beckham on every team. My AI will ignore long balls or try to perform some shit clearing animation instead of actually going for the ball. Whenever I lose the ball in the final third of the pitch, the CPU plays a perfect clearance for a Counter-Attack. Always. It doesn't matter if it's someone with a 0 Long Pass rating, the clearance always lands to a striker. The perfect Through Balls are still there. My CB will casually let up for 1 second so the CPU CF can run clear through on goal. Happens with deep DL or high DL. My CBs will spread apart all the time by themselves and give up huge space in the middle. Also have seen a ton of players played onsides by a SB irregardless of the Offsides Trap option.

Deflections - Every ball goes to the CPU. I have had Benzema running wide open in the box on a counter attack take a first touch so heavy (w/o using Sprint) that the ball went to the opposing team's DMF near the sideline. Deflections somehow gain speed when hitting players and the ultra scripted out of bounds balls are still there.

Compared to PES2011 Yair Edition, I'm extremely dissapointed. I never played PES2011 w/o those gameplay patches so I don't know if the rave reviews coming in are from those who had to suffer through vanilla PES2011.

Good post.

I would suggest playing against another human. I really am not enjoying playing against the CPU this year even when I win. Dare I say next year's PES needs sliders. The sliders actually make FIFA a different game this year; one that can be tailored for a great experience.

I would suggest playing against another human. I really am not enjoying playing against the CPU this year even when I win. Dare I say next year's PES needs sliders. The sliders actually make FIFA a different game this year; one that can be tailored for a great experience.

Every sports game would require sliders, that really makes alot of difference.
For example nba 2k series is by far the best nba series ever, but it wouldn't be if the player would be forced to play in a certain way.
There are sliders and you can adjust them to make the game feel more realistic etc..

Learn to defend and you will solve alot of problems

How would I learn make my CBs and SBs not make stupid mistakes when I'm cutting off passing lanes in the midfield? That's the AI's job which has no problem dealing with those issues on the CPU team. Or should I have two controllers plugged in so I can contain the dribbler and also manually force my back line not to spread apart on its own? Should I also have to always switch to a CB vs any through pass so he doesn't slow down a bit to give the CPU CF more space?

I understand I can improve on the ball defending but that doesn't address the other issues I posted nor the fact that the CPU can do what I cannot using the same player. I'm not running into the CPU holding 'A' here, I'm containing the passing lanes and dribblers and not taking anyone out of position with 'X'.

This is my issue. I played ML last ssn vs CPU using the Yair patches and had a ton of fun. W/o a Yair patch and PES2012's AI improvements, I think the game is a letdown.

Only Yair and jenkey can save this for me because Konami surely hasn't.

Not sure what kind of setup you have but make sure you use a HDMI cable and change your display settings on the Xbox to 720p or 1080p. If you have a HD xbox cable and not a HDMI, check the settings and make sure it comes up as 720p.

I use HDMI and 1080p. Even though the game runs in 720, the Xbox upscales it to 1080p. But 720 should look good on your Samsung if indeed it's set to 720p.

I use HDMI cables in 1080i. The 1080p option is grayed out in my Xbox display settings. Any idea how to enable this 1080p display?

When you start calling people here fanboys it's when you should get your own hint and leave.

So someone who ignores a well written full post with alot of strong in depth points about whats wrong with pes and simply comments it with an irelevant comment that has nothing to do with any of the points is not a fanboy? hmkay

Totally agree mate. Yair needs to work his magic.

Agree with everything here.

You sum up most of the issues that have been bothering me. I dont mind if the CPU has better off the ball intelligence on offense and defense tbh (they need to make the game challenging somehow)...but what bugs me is how dumb-downed the teammate AI is and of course the CPU's ridiculous passing and dribbling.

Totally agree mate. Yair needs to work his magic.

I'm sure he will. I had a lot more fun with Demo 2 using his no CPU cheat scripts patch than I did with the original version.

I think he might be releasing a basic AI patch soon for v1.01. Once he does, I'll try to find the same things I wrote about above and see how they have been changed.

Agree with everything here.

You sum up most of the issues that have been bothering me. I dont mind if the CPU has better off the ball intelligence on offense and defense tbh (they need to make the game challenging somehow)...but what bugs me is how dumb-downed the teammate AI is and of course the CPU's ridiculous passing and dribbling.

If PES had the same level AI for your teammates as it does for the CPU team, this game would be unbelievable because it would create for many more diverse game situations.

I know NBA2k12 is adding CPU-team like AI for this year's game. NBA2k11 had dumb teammates who wouldn't screen or try to get open unless a specific play was called. Complaints were heard and now the game is a lot more dynamic without having the user do 100% of the work for players they aren't controlling.

So you've tried altering your team tactics and everything, including the auto offside trap?

You've also tried the manual offside trap as well?

You've tried setting your team to play more compact or more wide in defense? You've also altered the pressing settings as well?

I'm sure there's more that you can tell us, including what your formation settings are or if your man marking settings are active...

Hi, people, i've had a very lazy day today for once, got up, couldn't be bothered to do anything, so i though i might as well get to know PES 2012 a lill better.

The game has one or two little issues, but overall is very enjoyable. I've just come on here to see some of the negativity and positivity and i can see why people are having great or poor experiences of the game. So Tonnyrat, PES 2012 be good if this helps I'll be glad to hear.

Ok, firstly, the AI. People are complaining it seems about the user team AI not being smart. For me it's the same story really as PES 2011 was. It seems those who are complaining are sadly to say tactically lazy. Just just boot up the game and play and cry and complain when a certain player dosen't make a run, or a pass dosen't come off etc... They are expecting the AI teammates to do exactly what they want, yet they haven't set their team up to play the the style they want.

So i've used two teams today, Braga and first Fluminense. Had a lot of fun on professional, 0 passing bars and -1, -2 game speed. What i noticed was just how much better my team was when i tried to set them up using tactics i think suited them, rather than just jump in and play. When i just used the default settings, i got well and truly battered! I mean 4-0 down at half time battered. Basically u really need to get used and comfortable with the team style settings so the teams you use are always playing the style of football you want to play. Also try to use 'standard' and create your own, i don't recommend the 'possession play' etc.. settings, they are a bit too blunt and most people don't really understand them. With Fluminese despite Deco's genius it was a battle, every cup game fucking teams using 5 at the back and so hard to break down, with Braga in ML it was great, once i got them playing how i want.

So overall team AI is great, just make sure they make give them the instructions to do what you want. Make sure you check every players stats to see how they move around you. I'm not saying it's perfect. I mean with the default settings i had one of my midfield have a brain fart and stand right in the way of my shot :| . Thing is i think it's simply that Fred for Fluminese is just crap! Awful player, hardly moves, poor control, can't really do anything.

Also the tackling. Well all i can say really is get used to timing your tackles. With Braga, they only players i've had issues tackling is Hulk! Who just too quick! Leaves you for dead as if you aren't there. Rodrigez and Valera along with Belluchi are also annoying but not unstoppable. Also players with 70 dribbling don't take you on, they don't even run at you, they play to their strength weather it's to pass etc... I think people will be surprised to see how many players have high dribbling stats. It's hard to tackle, it takes time to learn, i think people have too much ego, since they consider themselves past PES god's, so once tackling becomes a challenge they think it's broken, bit like how some people are complaining about tactical defending with FIFA. You people need to think, you complain about it being too easy, now it's too hard? . It's PES reputation which makes you complain i think. If anything is not totally perfect for you liking you complain. Back in the PS2 era, if something wasn't right, people just said LEARN, YOUR SHIT PLAY THE GAME! Obviously i'm not saying that to you but keep things in perspective.

Pressure? Really, i know if you edit the settings like i did for Barca, they pressure like mad but could you please tell the CPU AI to pressure me if you would be so very kind :). Some of them (Copa America teams. Play 5 at the back and literally camp in their 18 yard box all game. Anyway, it should change a bit after the DLC since teams are setup in a total mess at the moment. Not saying it's good but it's best for you to identify the cause for your trouble and if it's simply wait for a DLC to organize the tactics for the teams, not point shouting BROKEN! BROKEN!!

Also I'm very happy with stamina at the moment, once your player losses it all, he can't run, can't pass, can't really do fuck all it seems which is a nice change, so you do have to make use of subs and if your 100 down and your not Barca or [enter top team here] you need to HOOF it :)

So very early impressions is good, very good, but not best pleased the game isn't really finished yet (Database) There's a lot to the game, so i'm not getting excited really, very early days.

Hope this helps. Also i think yair crazy if he's already editing the game. I mean, when i used to do FIFA gameplay patches, i always waited say 2-3 weeks after i've given it a thorough test to tweak things, rather than play 45 games hen try fix something which simply requires you to get better at the game.

Last edited:
So you've tried altering your team tactics and everything, including the auto offside trap?

You've also tried the manual offside trap as well?

You've tried setting your team to play more compact or more wide in defense? You've also altered the pressing settings as well?

I'm sure there's more that you can tell us, including what your formation settings are or if your man marking settings are active...

Yes, different formations with different tactics using 1 team. I've tried all kinds of options with the back 4 to remedy the stupid AI and the CPU letting my CB give more room vs through passes. The only thing I haven't tried is a manual offside trap but I should not have to rely on that in order for my teammates to not be completely retarded.

Yes, different formations with different tactics using 1 team. I've tried all kinds of options with the back 4 to remedy the stupid AI and the CPU letting my CB give more room vs through passes. The only thing I haven't tried is a manual offside trap but I should not have to rely on that in order for my teammates to not be completely retarded.

Well you should be able to cope with them now if you change your tactics, there's i think an issue with crosses where your center backs allow them space to get headers but through balls shouldn't be a issue. I feel you maybe trying to over complicate defending and not patiently waiting to win the ball back.

Less is more, don't hold secound press. Don't always close down the ball carrier, try to cut off the passing lane to the striker or winger, what i do at times is just select my center back and close off space.

Only secound press when the CPU have nowhere to go and are trapped.

People help me with these settings, please!
4-2-4 system of play, my wingers (LWF, RWF), often in defense or midfield, and I want to permanently stick to their position as it was in version 2011. When I just attacking the attackers from the front: /
you help?

Set the position switch to very low on the gameplan, maybe also make the attacking play or compactness set to wide as well

lol good. I hated that hoof it down the wings tactic everyone abused online.

At the same time, 2 players in midfield gives you tons of space to exploit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom