PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Playing with the Default ML team, 5 of my key players are injured; some for 28 weeks! I've lost Moubarki, Stremer and Palmieri to long term injuries, which has left my back line pretty much fucked.

As an added note, if you calculate the amount of passes that the CPU completes, it's usually around 78-85%.
However if you factor in interceptions, it's actually around 96-98%.

I guess my only question is what Konami does consider an interception? Is it a poorly placed pass into open space that was picked up by the opposing team or is it a perfectly placed ball (on the ground or lofted) that was waylaid on its way to the target?

I used to complain about conceding too many goals from crosses too. Not using Jimmy's method but it's been happening less as I've got better at the game and now I don't see it as a major negative.

Jimmy, tried using your method but finding it hard to flick to the right player. Often I'm flicking 2,3,4 times, by which time the CPU has got a cross in and my defence is in more disaray than normal, causing me to concede. Tips?

Only what I've mentioned Olly, I pick the player with a combination of both the Left Stick aiming in the direction, and the Right Stick flicked in that direction. It works a treat for me.

Only what I've mentioned Olly, I pick the player with a combination of both the Left Stick aiming in the direction, and the Right Stick flicked in that direction. It works a treat for me.

Yeah, saw you mention that after I wrote my post. But don't you need one thumb on the teammate pressure button? meaning not enough free thumbs for both left and right stick?

Not sure where to stick this, but is there a reason there's no Option Files and Option Files Tools section in the PES 2012 Patches and Option Files bit of the forums?

Am itching for some info on a PS3 option file, but don't really know where to look!

Yeah, saw you mention that after I wrote my post. But don't you need one thumb on the teammate pressure button? meaning not enough free thumbs for both left and right stick?

Yeah, but I tend to be able to switch player quickly, then straight on Circle to usher him wide or give him something to think about pressure wise. You can just use the Right Stick, but I find aiming with the Left Stick as well helps massively. The same goes for switching during set-pieces.

Interesting to see that when we send in a cross, the cpu defender can usher our striker out of the way of it, using his body to force him diagonally out of the ball's path. Anyone managed to do that themselves?

Great news!

Wiped my cache on the 360, deleted all traces of the game, started again and it has worked a treat, back to normal now!

Great news!

Wiped my cache on the 360, deleted all traces of the game, started again and it has worked a treat, back to normal now!

i was worried
how was it even possible to have the game so changed after a patch?
last year option files changed the way the game played, this year a patch changes the way opposing teams play.
Pes Mystery

i was worried
how was it even possible to have the game so changed after a patch?
last year option files changed the way the game played, this year a patch changes the way opposing teams play.
Pes Mystery

Konami did the same last year too I believe. Released a few patches to alter gameplay and bugs etc.

No idea, just think it corrupted the settings in my Master League save though, was stupid enough not to try Champions League modes etc as well, I think it defaulted the speed to +2 even though it was displaying 0 and also defaulted to amateur level even though it was displaying, professional, top player, superstar etc.

No idea, just think it corrupted the settings in my Master League save though, was stupid enough not to try Champions League modes etc as well, I think it defaulted the speed to +2 even though it was displaying 0 and also defaulted to amateur level even though it was displaying, professional, top player, superstar etc.

yeah, it could be

Got this online play buy random guys on youtube.. tbh the speed seems okay though, well, haven't got the retail myself so.

YouTube - Pes 2012 xbox360 Online - FC Barcelona vs Inter de milan

Why is it that the grafix, pitch, nets, etc..look more high resolution and realistic than my xbox360 version? Hmmmmm. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I need to turn some setting on in the my xbox. I just can't understand why your graphics look better than mine. Are you playing it on 1080p or 720p on your xbox?

I just can't figure this out. My game's graphics just don't look that sharp. I'm beginning to wonder if it's my TV. I have a 4 year old samsung HD.

Adam_Bhatti
Lots of folks asking about #PES2012 DLC.I've seen the list, and it's epic. Not just squads, shitloads of stuff. Konami on form with this one

I have nothing against this Bhatti guy, but he hardly seems objective, he could talk about epic if it's only about some boots...this guy lives in constant euphory.

Well, i hope he's right.

Good for him, we just need to stay with feet on the ground since Konami never fails to disappoint us

Are you playing Demo or full game Roman? No injuries in the demo. But there wont be many in full game too because Konami like to give the majority of player Injury Rating A or 3 (this year ABC changed to 321).

If you use my link above, it has a really good filtering system, you can see exactly how many players are injury prone. It's silly; filtering for the south american/mexican teams for example:

1032 players in Total
993 have Injury 3 (they'll practically never get injured)
30 have Injury 2 (will get injured but not that often)
9 have Injury 1 (they should get quite a few injuries, but only 9? come on Konami.)

Out of players available for Master League only 194 out of 5729 have Injury 1. And of course its not always the right players that are injury prone or not injury prone. Another little thing Konami could do so much better.

Well just change the ratings i guess....

WENB boys been quiet.

I just want to sit with this game and understand it now. I have managed to stop the AI crosses and Free kicks. Now I just need to workout how to stop the 1-2s around the box or atleast a way to stop the flow. The zeemeister will prevail :LOL:

I have noticed that the likes of Drogba, Torres, Benzema all stand dead onside for that inevitable throughball and that damn SB keeps playing them on. Does this mean I have to activate the offside trap at just the right time. I have NEVER done this before. It seems Seabass has really unleashed an animal on us this year. I refuse to believe that it is not possible and that the AI cannot be beat using a lesser team........

Watch this space the gloves are coming off evil AI muhahahahahaha

The only epic thing i could think is the possibility to play online with Libertadores teams. Murphy announced it, but in retail game we cannot play online with Libertadores teams.

I have nothing against this Bhatti guy, but he hardly seems objective, he could talk about epic if it's only about some boots...this guy lives in constant euphory.

Well, i hope he's right.

I dont really think patching can fix bad coding of the game, like animation or ball physics

You reckon installing the patch again would corrupt something and ruin the experience again?

Not sure, Konami gave me the game really early and released a patch before official release, so guess they thought game saves would not be a problem, not sure how that will affect an offline player who suddenly in a couple of weeks got his XBOX hooked up to the web though.

Not going to complain either too much, they are awesome enough to give me the game early to help with any hiccups like I did last year too.

So the patch didn't break the entire game? Is the patch working fine now?

Ball physics? Sorry but in Pes 2012 ball physics is great.

Not in some situations. When the ball is passed by a top passer (at least on the computer team) it can travel faster than a tennis serve. And deflections are completely horrible - half the time a deflection doesn't actually slow the ball down, sometimes it even seems to speed it up. There are areas in which PES2012 ball physics are absolutely horrendous.

Unless that's all been tidied up in final code. But I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom