PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm very worried about this years PES on so many levels. The Passing Assistance has worried me from Day 1, it will ruin Online. Why on earth Konami sold-out like this is beyond me. Trying to appease Fifa players whilst ruining it for the PES faithful is ridiculous. As it stands, they have spoilt it for everyone.

Offline as well has issues for me personally, mainly down to how unbalanced I've found Top Player to be right from the get-go. I agree with Pere 100%, I've never ever felt PES had a pre-ordained nature to the CPU's play, but I have this year, and it kills me to be honest. :(

Tbh, even in pes 2011 there was a blatant difference in passing offline (pace, ball physics and level of accuracy) compared to online, let alone pes 2012 with it's "countless" passing bas assistances :TTTH:

Every game that has many adjustable settings should have an online mode like gran turismo 5 in wich you crate private rooms, but the problem is that not every game has as many users as GT, not to count that online modes like mlo would be impossible with that squeme.

It's a nightmare though Lami, it just screws MLO up completely for those who prefer to play the game properly.

As an example, I played my brother last night in a few games, he struggled to get to grips with Zero Passing Assistance, so he changed it to 1-Bar. He beat me 3-0 and 2-0, and he has barely played the game. The advantage he had was not even small, it was huge. :(

Ermm.. look, compared to PES 2011 CPU AI attacking style.. PES 2012 is much better..

To my knowledge, PES 6 had cpu ai attacking style that tried to move forward as much as it can instead of correctly play possesion football, passing around etc..

So, all in all, PES 2012 cpu ai is not that bad.

Ermm.. look, compared to PES 2011 CPU AI attacking style.. PES 2012 is much better..

To my knowledge, PES 6 had cpu ai attacking style that tried to move forward as much as it can instead of correctly play possesion football, passing around etc..

So, all in all, PES 2012 cpu ai is not that bad.

But that's exactly how PES 2012 CPU plays mate.

OT: You living in Indonesia? Do you play on the PC, wanna try a few matches online?

It's a nightmare though Lami, it just screws MLO up completely for those who prefer to play the game properly.

As an example, I played my brother last night in a few games, he struggled to get to grips with Zero Passing Assistance, so he changed it to 1-Bar. He beat me 3-0 and 2-0, and he has barely played the game. The advantage he had was not even small, it was huge. :(

I dunno, but isn't manual supposed to give you have more spaces to place the ball, hence better opportunity if used correctly ?

I dunno, but isn't manual supposed to give you have more spaces to place the ball, hence better opportunity if used correctly ?

Konami must put as default
Game speed:-1
Pass assistance:0 bars
then we will see the true gamers, i'm sure it's something they can do it with little tweaks to the code, we should complain a lot to make them realize it's not good to please casual gamers but real fans

But that's exactly how PES 2012 CPU plays mate.

OT: You living in Indonesia? Do you play on the PC, wanna try a few matches online?

Yup, mate. Just arrived at M'sia to complete study until the end of this year, unfortunately without my gaming peripheral :RANT:. Hope we can play later shank, on PC of course. Thx for inviting though. :))

How does it cost in S$ for PES 2012, US version yes ?

@Ameppe

yes, we may wait for all regions get their game. Hopefully it's something that we could ask for later. I agree though to put it 0 bar & -1 (based on demo 2).

Last edited:
Interesting how many negativity since my last post, looks like im not such a troll afterall.

Anyway played alot more games in these few days and I feel the game simply isn't finished, I mean there are many great additions that KONAMI added and some bugs they fixed or adjusted and overall its a fun game and experience but there are many little issues that I feel are here simply because its not finished and it was rushed because of fifa.

Still its a decent game and better than pes 11 for sure, and its going to be even better once PSD makes realistic stats.

I feel some stats are way overpowered for example shooting acc, anyone with over 80 will hit the target 8 out of 10 times, a bit much?
Dribble acc, Explosive Power mainly for CB's , if you look at real life most CBs are nowhere near as good on the ball and as agile as in PES 12.

I think when these things will be adjusted and the tactics for CPU teams made realistically aswell it will be a very good game obviously still with some flaws, but nontheless.

BTW did anyone try Club Boss yet?

Very strange thing happening to me, the mode seems very fun and addicting but all my players keep declining with hyper speed, 15-20 matches and all my players decline by 3-4 points already, even the youngsters, anyone else have similar problems?

Yup, mate. Just arrived at M'sia to complete study until the end of this year, unfortunately without my gaming peripheral :RANT:. Hope we can play later shank, on PC of course. Thx for inviting though. :))

@Ameppe

yes, we may wait for all regions get their game. Hopefully it's something that we could ask for later. I agree though to put it 0 bar & -1 (based on demo 2).

they MUST hear our complaints, we are the fans who still bought their games even when they were almost total crap
if they will not listen i will think twice before buying the game next year

Konami must put as default
Game speed:-1
Pass assistance:0 bars
then we will see the true gamers, i'm sure it's something they can do it with little tweaks to the code, we should complain a lot to make them realize it's not good to please casual gamers but real fans

I agree with that. Its the hardcore PES fans that have kept the game series alive by buying it, despite FIFA always being the better seller even when PES was a critical darling.

I think Konami should aim to please those fans rather than trying to please those coming from FIFA, or casual players who are not interested in learning the game properly.

As it stands at the moment, I can see myself trying MLO with 1-Bar Pass Assistance, and playing offline in FL with Pro setting, a weak team, and Zero Pass Assistance.

Ok if anyone has noticed you sometimes get a scooped kind of clearance with overly high ball trajectory (not sure if it's still in there). I made a small video and Jon Murphy has passed it on.

I've asked him also about whether there are any plans to review or amend game speed as a lot of people playing retail code are saying it's too fast on default speed online and offline. Hopefully get a response...and a positive one lol

I'm not in the loop or anything - just asking him politely on twitter :)

Ok if anyone has noticed you sometimes get a scooped kind of clearance with overly high ball trajectory (not sure if it's still in there). I made a small video and Jon Murphy has passed it on.

I've asked him also about whether there are any plans to review or amend game speed as a lot of people playing retail code are saying it's too fast on default speed online and offline. Hopefully get a response...and a positive one lol

I'm not in the loop or anything - just asking him politely on twitter :)

Nice Cal.. :))

Oh my god. Are you kidding me!?!? I fired up PES to have another go at online. Got an announcement about emergency maintenance at 0900-1000. Had my first match....and the speed was reduced!

Ok so I thought, maybe its a one-off. The next match I had was a brilliant one! I was playing as Roma against Bayern. It was a tight affair, against someone who played properly as well instead of sprint whoring. And oh my, what a difference. It was end to end stuff, but not in the fast arcadey way. It was at the perfect pace, and I was just immersed in the game.

I dont know what they've done, but I guess the apparent maintenance worked!

Last edited:
Oh my god. Are you kidding me!?!? I fired up PES to have another go at online. Got an announcement about emergency maintenance at 0900-1000. Had my first match....and the speed was reduced!

Ok so I thought, maybe its a one-off. The next match I had was a brilliant one! I was playing as Roma against Bayern. It was a tight affair, against someone who played properly as well instead of sprint whoring. And oh my, what a difference. It was end to end stuff, but not in the fast arcadey way. It was at the perfect pace, and I was just immersed in the game.

I dont know what they've done, but I guess the apparent maintenance worked!

I hope it stays for the better, btw Konami's ninja here on evo-web ? :JAY:

It's amazing how great the demo 1 was in comparison to the full game.The number of free headers I'm conceding is enormous.6 in the last 3 matches.

It's amazing how great the demo 1 was in comparison to the full game.The number of free headers I'm conceding is enormous.6 in the last 3 matches.

Which is the ongoing argument I'm having with RunBug.......

This is how I see it...

The first couple of matches in which I conceded from crosses, due the fact the striker had lost his marker, simply made me realise it was up to me to stop from this from happening. I did this by flicking off the player tracking the winger, and onto the CB ready to await the cross. I continued to press the winger with 2nd man pressure to distract him, whilst I anticpated the cross coming in. If you watch the replays, you can clearly see the strikers pulling off their markers. This is what happens in real-life, although it's not something we have had to really deal with before. As far as I'm concerned, there is a completely new onus on defending this year, and this is merely another aspect of that we now need to pro-actively deal with. It should come as no suprise that the balls in our court now in this regard.

Afterall, the onus is always on the defender in this respect, it's not up to the striker to remain close to the defender, he has to lose him.

That's how I see it anyway, and I've stopped conceding as a result, due to the fact I'm making myself fully aware of the job in hand. You will need to use Semi-Auto switching though to take full advanatge of this.

Aim the Left-Stick and flick the Right Stick in the direction of the CB, you should lock-on him first time. You can then intercept the crosses yourself. ;)

I used to complain about conceding too many goals from crosses too. Not using Jimmy's method but it's been happening less as I've got better at the game and now I don't see it as a major negative.

Jimmy, tried using your method but finding it hard to flick to the right player. Often I'm flicking 2,3,4 times, by which time the CPU has got a cross in and my defence is in more disaray than normal, causing me to concede. Tips?

I once tried immediately switching control to my keeper when the opponent got down the wing. Cross came in, I pushed my keeper towards the attacker but he ran straight under the ball and past it, without attempting a catch or a punch. Maybe I need to press a button too, anyone know? It was actually quite fun and a good challenge taking control of the keeper that one time. Think I'll properly focus on doing it every time when I play later, to see if I can get it to work as a method of dealing with crosses.

Hardly concede any headed goals, it's more edge-of-the-box pop shots that kill me. I think we all just play differently and I've been a kick-ass defender for years. This year there's a new concept to learn, that's how I see it.

Guys, is just me or this year the injuries doesn't exist?
After played 20 match i didn't see any injured player from me or CPU. :CONFUSE:

UPDT: Maybe the game brings injuries OFF by default in match options?

Are you playing Demo or full game Roman? No injuries in the demo. But there wont be many in full game too because Konami like to give the majority of player Injury Rating A or 3 (this year ABC changed to 321).

If you use my link above, it has a really good filtering system, you can see exactly how many players are injury prone. It's silly; filtering for the south american/mexican teams for example:

1032 players in Total
993 have Injury 3 (they'll practically never get injured)
30 have Injury 2 (will get injured but not that often)
9 have Injury 1 (they should get quite a few injuries, but only 9? come on Konami.)

Out of players available for Master League only 194 out of 5729 have Injury 1. And of course its not always the right players that are injury prone or not injury prone. Another little thing Konami could do so much better.

Back
Top Bottom