PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Belgian-Dutch game magazine: 79 for PES2012 and 94 for FIFA12.
They claim that the gap between both games is getting smaller and that PES2012 is almost there. Next year will be the one that will be better than FIFA.

They also say that FIFA12 weak point is the Carreer Mode, our FIFA friends on this site seem really enthousiastic about that mode...strange.

PS: i've bough FIFA but haven't played Carreer Mode yet...gameplaywise i like the game.

I just got FIFA12 today because PES12 isn't out till next month - yes I can confidently say I am stunned at how much better CM is in FIFA this year. To be honest I didn't play much FIFA 10 or 11 but yeah FIFA12 seems very strong right across the board. Looks like I'll be keeping my copy which I have not done for two years. Still really looking forward to PES still obviously. I think we are going to have two great footy games to keep us entertained for 2011/12 :)

I just got FIFA12 today because PES12 isn't out till next month - yes I can confidently say I am stunned at how much better CM is in FIFA this year. To be honest I didn't play much FIFA 10 or 11 but yeah FIFA12 seems very strong right across the board. Looks like I'll be keeping my copy which I have not done for two years. Still really looking forward to PES still obviously. I think we are going to have two great footy games to keep us entertained for 2011/12 :)

Ive been playing alot of the FIFA12 demo and it does seem really good this year. At the moment I am thinking of getting it over PES, the thought of not having to mess around with OF's and lag free online is swaying it. The only thing against FIFA is that after playing with PES teammate AI it feels a bit too static. But the way the CPU plays in FIFA is far better than PES, they actually pass the ball more than once or twice to get to the goal.

Ive been playing alot of the FIFA12 demo and it does seem really good this year. At the moment I am thinking of getting it over PES, the thought of not having to mess around with OF's and lag free online is swaying it. The only thing against FIFA is that after playing with PES teammate AI it feels a bit too static. But the way the CPU plays in FIFA is far better than PES, they actually pass the ball more than once or twice to get to the goal.

FIFA CPU is too perfect on pass and shots, is sooo boooring :YAWN: There's no emotions in any moment.
On PES when you manage to shoot on goal makes you jump out from your seat and say UUUUUUUUU! :SMUG:

oh come on damn it!

This pes is so scripted...
played master league with standard players against WE United.
I was in front with 2:1 than they get a freekick in the 80.min right behind the penalty area. 5men-wall. I pressed shot so all in my wall jump. >> all jump and only the 2. frmo the left didn't. Ball went on the head of the 3. from the left and then into the goal.

First I thought it was ok... such things happen in football.

86.min. Freekick right outside the penalty area. Same thing!! It is like a mirror goal. Everything is the same! Even the flying curve of the ball.

This sucks...

DO yourself a favour, click L3 and L1 to select the keeper move him closer to the centre of the goals and he should be able to save it or atleast stand a chance deselect him the same way again before the kicker takes it.

FIFA CPU is too perfect on pass and shots, is sooo boooring :YAWN: There's no emotions in any moment.
On PES when you manage to shoot on goal makes you jump out from your seat and say UUUUUUUUU! :SMUG:

I have read that there are sliders where you can adjust cpu passing accuracy.

I rarely get the feeling of satisfaction I used to get from scoring or putting together a nice move in PES. FIFA gave me that feeling with the only goal I managed to score today.

Another thing I liked about FIFA was the difference in passing between Arsenals back 4 and someone like Ramsey was night and day. The games I played with the top teams in Pes had no noticeable difference.

From what I've seen of the FIFA demo, the computer team do pass it around a bit more, but not with any real intelligence. They're not looking for gaps in your defence or trying to build moves particularly, they're just passing it around aimlessly so it looks a bit more like real football. They do it at 0-0 as much as if they're 2-0 up, and with the same lack of thought.

I'd have appreciated a bit of that in PES though, to be honest, even if it was just for show. The good news is, Konami will hopefully see this and realise the PES AI is a bit too direct, and implement a change next year (or even in a patch this year, although I'd imagine it's too big a change for a patch). If EA hadn't done it, Konami would probably not bother, or not notice, but the competition and the two-way theft that goes on means we're likely to see an improvement next time.

From what I've seen of the FIFA demo, the computer team do pass it around a bit more, but not with any real intelligence. They're not looking for gaps in your defence or trying to build moves particularly, they're just passing it around aimlessly so it looks a bit more like real football. They do it at 0-0 as much as if they're 2-0 up, and with the same lack of thought.

I'd have appreciated a bit of that in PES though, to be honest, even if it was just for show. The good news is, Konami will hopefully see this and realise the PES AI is a bit too direct, and implement a change next year (or even in a patch this year, although I'd imagine it's too big a change for a patch). If EA hadn't done it, Konami would probably not bother, or not notice, but the competition and the two-way theft that goes on means we're likely to see an improvement next time.

Would be great if they would/could patch it

Another thing I liked about FIFA was the difference in passing between Arsenals back 4 and someone like Ramsey was night and day. The games I played with the top teams in Pes had no noticeable difference.

Do you mean a computer-controlled Arsenal, or Arsenal with you in control? If you mean the former, I'd agree to an extent (based on how the demo teams play), but if you mean the latter I'd strongly disagree, at least on 0 passing assistance (again, based on the demo). There are certain passes you can pull off easily with Schweinsteiger which you wouldn't dream of attempting with one of the Bayern centre backs, for example. In the Spurs team, Assou-Ekotto really stands out as relatively poor passer of the ball. As for Internacional, D'Allessandro is pretty much the only man in the team who can pull off really ambitious passing, and a move which goes through him always feels smoother than one which doesn't.

Anyway, I was playing against Internacional the other day and saw him do something (when controlled by the cpu) which made me gasp - an incredibly visionary chipped pass with the outside of the boot from an awkward angle, down the sideline, through a tiny gap between two of my players into what looked like empty space but which was in fact for a striker who was coming out wide into that space. It was a better pass than anything I've ever managed on any PES game in history, including this one. No one else on that team has ever done anything remotely similar when under computer control, so I'd say the AI does regulate passing (and passing vision) according to stats... even if the general standard of passing from bad players is maybe too high.

EDIT: yeah, OK, you said the top teams. If I ever see Carl Jenkinson, or even Bacary Sagna, play a ball like that...

Last edited:
DO yourself a favour, click L3 and L1 to select the keeper move him closer to the centre of the goals and he should be able to save it or atleast stand a chance deselect him the same way again before the kicker takes it.

thats what I always do since it is possible to control the keeper.

but the keeper couldn't react because it was deflected by the wall.

I bought the game and it is really disappointing to see that they have not updated teams squads. I mean it is not really an excuse to release the game like that. I choose AS Roma and it is funny that their squad is exactly the same as last season's squad although more than 60% of the team has changed.
Is there any news on a DLC??

I bought the game and it is really disappointing to see that they have not updated teams squads. I mean it is not really an excuse to release the game like that. I choose AS Roma and it is funny that their squad is exactly the same as last season's squad although more than 60% of the team has changed.
Is there any news on a DLC??

I'm disappointed in graphics among other things. However, it looks like they focused on gameplay for this version, and didn't bother with the rest. I feel like I got ripped off really. When I play FIFA, the games grafix engine looks like it's using the xbox's power to the limit. PES on the other hand look like they are doing the opposite...
Oh well..

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in graphics among other things. However, it looks like they focused on gameplay for this version, and didn't bother with the rest. I feel like I got ripped off really. Oh well..

'Ripped off'? Consider it an aid donation to support konami with their very apparent low development budget. :)

'Ripped off'? Consider it an aid donation to support konami with their very apparent low development budget. :)

It's so weird as PES is probably their biggest money maker in Europe and Latin America. Its lifetime sales eclipse everything they have ever put out.

Set the pass bar to manual on fifa, also turn off shooting assistance and pass...and then u will have a surprise :P

Set the pass bar to manual on fifa, also turn off shooting assistance and pass...and then u will have a surprise :P

+1 ..scoring on manual is amazing in fifa 12 ..The full game is a massive improvement over the demo too so if you enjoyed that then you will love the final game..I got no buzz what so ever out of scoring in PES 12 ...too many long shots going in too easily and the final version doesn't sound any better after reading comments in here

The next two weeks are going to be awful. I literally can't wait.

I hope they have the run bug/controller bug on the 360 fixed by then, and the roster updates out.

Only good news is that on the day PES comes out in the UK, I'm off college for a week. :BOP::BOP::BOP:

Not yet mate but there have been talks.

Geez I need to play this game now. Tired of the demo and exhibition matches. Just want to start a copa, world cup, CL, BAL. MLO, Uefa anything but continuous exhibitions with limited teams.

so i have the full game here in the states. I wanted to start a master league with real players but needed the PES points to do so. I started a CL with Marseille.. 10 minute half, pro. I had a few boring matches, seemed that napoli, bayern and barca just attacked attacked. I was like fuck me this isn't fun. SO i figured at least this would be fun against mates. I then read klansman posts and decided to change bordeux's tactics. I played auxerre vs bordeux 15 min half. WOW what a difference. They possessed the ball, hit it backwards, try to slice and dice me with intricate triangles(i will have to go and look to see what tactics i put them on). It was a BLAST. I think its three key ways to make this game very fun

1.)play with avg teams

2.)15 min half

3.)change all of the teams tactics

I really hope Klansman and company can do the french and Spanish leagues this year and even Italy. Last year we had all the prem teams tactics, but i don't really like playing with them. I don't think any football game has ever been able to replicate the English game(thats not a dig at any other league). Once you realize how to use rt to dribble and pull away with rb, this game come alive. I also noticed much more individuality with avg teams.

Yeah, the game plays really well if the tactics are sorted - but what a commitment to actually do that. It's clearly going to take quite a while, unfortunately.

Should have gone with FIFA first, played that til bored then gotten PES in a few months...noted for next year...

After playing a few matches in the Demo 2 on the PC, I gotta say, that im actually quite impressed.

When I made the game speed +2, it actually really felt like it was faster. You know, even on the standard setting the game's speed was excellent.

And that was what I loved about PES 5-6, fast and fun football, and this game even has better graphics.

So far, the keepers havent been a problem for me, I think that they are doing just fine, but maybe that's because im not so good at PES, so I cant notice it.

So far, this is for me the best Pro Evolution Soccer since PES 6 (Which is my favourite football game) This game feels like a big improvement that I have been waited for in years.

This opinion is coming from a gamer who is quite casual when talking about football games.

I also have a question about the game. During a match, when you go into the game plan menu on the pause menu, how do you change tactics? I really wanted to know that, so thanks to anyone who can help me with that.

:THINK: After one month of playing on preview build, and after a week playing the full version ... I am already bored of PES 2012.
It's strange.. the game is not that ... bad.. but.. become really boring after a month or two.I felt the same thing ago by FIFA ...hmm
Maybe i will back to PES 6, if PES6j will rise ,start to work again.

Strange run bug on 360 possible fix

I'm currently playing demo 2 and had the issue that some others have mentioned where your player stops suddenly or changes direction automatically.

I use hdmi and have an xbox elite, since changing from 720p to 1020p this issue has not happened once and all is fine. Worth a try if you play 360 and have had this issue.

Ok guys, just a heads-up. I've set up the online community for PC. Head over to the PC section, and you'll see the details. Posted here because I know quite a number of PC players post here, so hope to see you there! Cheers.

+1 ..scoring on manual is amazing in fifa 12 ..The full game is a massive improvement over the demo too so if you enjoyed that then you will love the final game..I got no buzz what so ever out of scoring in PES 12 ...too many long shots going in too easily and the final version doesn't sound any better after reading comments in here

JEEZ! I'm talking about the CPU perfect pass behaviour 98% pass, not me. Actually I played on manual. And still so booooring :YAWN:

Not yet mate but there have been talks.

Geez I need to play this game now. Tired of the demo and exhibition matches. Just want to start a copa, world cup, CL, BAL. MLO, Uefa anything but continuous exhibitions with limited teams.

+1.

Can't play the demo anymore, game is great but like you I need game modes now. ML this year looks freaking amazing.

Random question for anyone out there, but I heard the PS3 version has now had its 3D update. Is there anyone with a 3D TV who've given it a try yet?

Back
Top Bottom