PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Got my game! I'm loving it!

I'm playing on 420p. Gamespeed -2. Passing in 1 bar. And in the lovely BLIMP camera. It's a shame that the online games don't have BLIMP. I wonder why?!

There isn´t a build-up gameplay in Pes 2012 because you´re (the players and maybe the AI) discouradged to do this. It´s more simply to do counter-attacks, since it´s really difficult to stop mazing runs and speeder players. The rhythm of the gameplay reminds me some crazy guys playing football: it´s just attack against defense all the time; there isn´t battles to win the ball in the midfield. So, in Pes 2012, there isn´t the necessity to adjust your team with more than 3 midfilders, which portrays the lack of reality in the question of defensive importance of the midfielders.

Just sit back with your defense,wait a mistake of the opposite team, win the ball in your defensive zone, pass it to a forward, run, run, run and you will have a great opportunity... it´s this all the time :BORED: ... The dynamic of Pes2012´s gameplay reminds me more Hockey than real Football :BORED: :BORED: :BORED:

Why do we have to use -2 gamespeed? Is there anyone who actually thinks that the default gamespeed of 0 feels right? It's much too fast, and while I like that I can turn it down, online still uses default and it feels much too fast.

Well like we discussed yesterday, for the game to become great that whole pressure issue needs to be sorted. I would also like it to be directly linked with the stamina system. So the AI suffers and needs to choose the appropriate moments on when to move up the pitch in order to retrieve the Ball or force the opposition into making an error.

If only they would grab a handful of fair and dedicated people from the community, people with no bias and no fear to bring forth their own ideas and concepts and truly pressure the Konami Team into creating something which isnt lacking in vital areas. And if Konami themselves would invest just a bit more money and time into the Series, we could be close to greatness.

They need help with the whole 'lost in translation' moments the game suffers from, I guess my question would be when, why and into what did 'Seabass's Vision of the series change into? Because I cant figure it out anymore.

Konami Send me the Tickets and pay for my accomodation in japan, get me a translator with superb english and let me take a few members of the community (PesFan,Evo-Web and even WENB) with me and we will pay you back with the number 1 hit on the market within 2 years...and no probably wouldnt take 'ADAM'. Critique Creates Excellence

Why do we have to use -2 gamespeed? Is there anyone who actually thinks that the default gamespeed of 0 feels right? It's much too fast, and while I like that I can turn it down, online still uses default and it feels much too fast.

Exactly how I feel. Always playing on -2 but online on default is driving me nuts.

Whoever has the game, do you have the US version? Or is the EU version released in some areas?

I have the US version, and the quick and dirty lowdown is it plays pretty much the same as the demo #2, with the exception that it's received a patch and they addressed the GK's a little bit. They play a little smarter, but still have some of the issues everyone has talked about before...just lesser so.

Exactly how I feel. Always playing on -2 but online on default is driving me nuts.

Right, and I can't understand how Konami thinks the default speed is ok. -2 plays just about perfect and I think reflects the speed of the game pretty well. Default speed seems just frantic, especially with the pressure whores online who jack up the marking and pressure.

In PES 2011 one of my biggest concerns was that the CPU always attacked straight forward witout any resting and calm short passing. Not even changing tactics seemed to help. I wanted a game where I know that if I don't put an effort in playing and passing it is going to be me that gets outplayed by the CPU. And from what I can read the CPU seems even more retarded in PES 2012, attacking all the time? Damn, what a gamebreaker.. That is so arcade. It is not fun you know, not even having to put an effort in to control a game. If you have 60 % posession it should be because of hard work and effort, not because of a retarded CPU not being able to play concidered football. I mean, where is the reward and joy of playing nice passes if the CPU just lets you be the master and controller of every game even at the highest difficulties?

Am I exaggerating this issue, or is the CPU really as retarded as in PES 2011? Is there no struggle in dominating games possession wise?

Thanks..

Last edited:
In PES 2011 one of my biggest concerns was that the CPU always attacked straight forward witout any resting and calm short passing. Not even changing tactics seemed to help. I wanted a game where I know that if I don't put an effort in playing and passing it is going to be me that gets outplayed by the CPU. And from what I can read the CPU seems even more retarded in PES 2012, attacking all the time? Damn, what a gamebreaker.. That is so arcade. It is not fun you know, not even having to put an effort in to control a game. If you have 60 % posession it should be because of hard work and effort, not because of a retarded CPU not being able to play concidered football. I mean, where is the reward and joy of playing nice passes if the CPU just lets you be the master and controller of every game even at the highest difficulties?

Am I exaggerating this issue, or is the CPU really as retarded as in PES 2011? Is there no struggle in dominating games possession wise?

Thanks..

Well, which is it? People are saying there's too much pressure while others are saying there's too much time on the ball?

Just going from my games on the demo, but I've had games where I'm parked in my box defending onslaughts from the AI and then times when I'm parked outside their box trying to sneak in.

Did you see the Man Utd vs Basel game? For a while there Man U's midfield was sleeping and then in the last 10 minutes they controlled possession.

Well, which is it? People are saying there's too much pressure while others are saying there's too much time on the ball?

Just going from my games on the demo, but I've had games where I'm parked in my box defending onslaughts from the AI and then times when I'm parked outside their box trying to sneak in.

Did you see the Man Utd vs Basel game? For a while there Man U's midfield was sleeping and then in the last 10 minutes they controlled possession.

Exactly, and that is what it was like before the patch, a massive challenge even on professional, but this is different, they just back off you when you are at normal jogging speed and then when they have backed off all they can (which is usually just in front of their box) you can just turn away from them at normal jogging speed and pass easily, you can do what you want but the only time they make a move for the ball is when you shoot and they try and block.

It now feels as there is zero pressure, the opposition only scored against me on Superstar level on a counter attack, never once did I feel the anxiety I felt on even demo 1, nevermind 2 and full release pre-patch.

I thought it was amazing when I first loaded it up after the patch, the players move with more fluidity from an animation and responsiveness point of view.

Have let them know about it.

Sorry for the off-topic, but does anyone know whether you can only install the game on one pc? I'm playing on my laptop now and want to install it on my other computer, but will that prevent me from playing online?

A lot of people complaining on here that all teams play this kick an rush all out attack football? If so has anyone actually tried to change the preset tactics for the CPU teams? Does it work?

Be really interested to see. I hope the play differently, as this was always a strength of PES compared to FIFA. The trouble I have with build up play in FIFA is that I feel it is just an illusion and that it's build up play (combined with the new tactical defending) for build up plays sake.

In demo2 I could clearly see a difference between say Inter (fast counters) and Rangers though (aerial threat) so is this replicated in the full game?

Been testing it out playing various teams with Barcelona on top player, one match with Villareal and one with Juventus and it's clear that indeed the the AI doesn't really know how to play considered possession football and it's a bit too easy for your team to hold on to the ball - in both matches I won possession by 12-16 percentage points. Granted, I did get beat 5-0 and then 2-0... so it's an interesting dynamic lol. In the first match I set all of Barca's game plan settings to 'standard' btw, second game to 'possession' but with defensive line and defensive pressure turned way up. The CPU should definitely pressure more.

As a side note, In that regard I was a little presumptuous to say to ignore the dude posting all those screenshots of his post match stats, but the reason he lost me was posting the 88% possession which you wouldn't get except by playing the game in a ridiculous way.

ok so i've been playing for hours but still can't understand how the hell to sign a player in Club Boss...every single one turned me down :(

I have read the last few pages since the game was released in some areas but I still have no idea what to expect!
Exactly my thoughts!
My game is sended to me last night and hopefully I receive it tomorrow.
Then I will add my opinion to this already confusing soup of opinions :D

Okay, here's my theory on this CPU possession thing.

When I started playing the demo's I was getting possession in the region of 64%, but was always losing. Now I play a slightly different way, I win half the games I play but the possession is much more equal. In fact the other day I beat Bayern, but had 48% possession - so here's my theory.

The preset tactics do work, but IT ALL depends on HOW YOU play the game also. This is what I mean.

When I was getting huge possession but was getting punished I found that my tactics were way too aggressive. When I play 4-5-1 for example, with two DMFs in midfield, with all the midfield across the halfway line and one midfielder in a slightly more attacking role in front of the DMFs, I force the CPU to play much more considered. I now almost never get my two DMFs involve in joining the attacks and overlapping only using them as simply serving the ball on to the more creative players. I also set player support down to around 5/6 so as everyone is running around like headless chickens. I also make sure the original default defensive line is moved by me manually up the pitch slightly.

Everything else is subjective and at your disposal for tweaking.

This is my only problem with what you guys are saying about the CPU is incessant.

1) Are you committing too many men forwards all the time too? Are you losing possession in areas that the CPU is then forced to attack you with?
2) Are you playing an over-adventurous formation?
3) Are you picking too many 'creative' players thus not enabling a defensive side to midfield?

I have now found that my new method of playing the game is much, much more rewarding. Not only am I picking up wins, but I am stopping the CPU from attacking like mad.

Think about this - even if you have the CPU set to possession, but you keep losing the ball in midfield with all your creative players bombing forward then what else do you expect the CPU to do? Pass it back? Or hit you fast on the break? Also I feel people play too much football. When you yourself play a lot of football and don't mix it up with a longer ball from time to time you are in fact advancing your team forward and getting many more people involved in the attack - kind of like Arsenal. But when a move breaks down all those that have been involved in the attack and are now more forward than the ball are out of the game, thus generating what seems to be another CPU counter attack.

For me then, the key is to pick two defensive minded central midfielders with a formation that negates a CPU counter fest. If you play for example Inter v Bayern with the default formations and settings you're going to get a thriller, but it will be end to end.

Any thoughts?

i suggest everyone who feels online is too fast because they are accustomed to play at negative speeds offline to play in wide cam, it slows down the pace, i noticed it with second demo

Is it possible to change or turn off players skill cards

I don't think you can do that anymore... I believe they are automatically active, if relevant for the position you're playing the player in.

I sadly don't like the way the tactics are set up this time around. While in theory the concept of having 4 different formations and play styles is great, it becomes a nuisance to maintain, and it's only worsened when you have to change your formation in the middle of the game.

Yesterday I faced an annoying problem with substitutions and tactics change... I was losing 2-0 at 70 minutes, and decided to sub a CB for a CF, and move the CF up front, and playing with 3 defenders.

I went back to the game, and a couple of minutes later I was finding it weird that my new CF wasn't showing up very much... That was until in a goal kick for me, he's there to receive the ball. Some less than proper words came to my mind, as I went back to the formation menu. Lo and behold, the substitution had gone through, but the formation change hadn't been processed - I was still playing with 4 defenders, and one of them was that new CF.

I went on to change it, exited the menu, and just for sanity checking went back, and it appeared to be correct.

My main problem now is that the other play styles are outdated, because the other 3 preset tactics still keep the original formations, and there is no easy way to automatically replicate a change to the other 3 preset tactics...

I believe that my assistant coach is trying to get me sacked so he can take my job - it's the only reasonable explanation. :)

Any help on these subjects is hugely appreciated. Am I missing something obvious?

Also, I read some pages back that there still was a menu for setting the style of play depending on the play time and result, like in 2011, but I can't find it. Is it still here?

Cheers,

Paulo

Back
Top Bottom