PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Konami needs to change the team handling the PES series. "Seabass" has run out of ideas. The presentation and sound sucks!!! Gameplay rules as always and graphics is ok. The gameplay is addictive and the only reason I keep coming back to play over and over again. The presentation needs serious work. Even without most of the licenses, good presentation and good sound will make it trump Fifa.

Konami needs to change the team handling the PES series. "Seabass" has run out of ideas. The presentation and sound sucks!!! Gameplay rules as always and graphics is ok. The gameplay is addictive and the only reason I keep coming back to play over and over again. The presentation needs serious work. Even without most of the licenses, good presentation and good sound will make it trump Fifa.

Get rid of seabass because of the presentation? Gameplay is everything and as you said yourself and PES is fantastic this year.

thats like getting rid of messi because you dont like the way he cuts is hair

I think you'd find they would..... well on the game anyway.

Oh, my Danny, great news. You have proved SPECTACULARLY wrong :BOP:

I have a new Barcelona tactic, and i've given it to stoke to test your theory. Fucking hell! 16 minutes into a 15 min -1 professional match vs me as a crappy fake team. All Stoke have done, all game is HOOF, yes, my friend, HOOF the ball to the front three.

there was a small, breif period of three quick passes, followed by a HOOF!

I gave them the exact settings i gave Barca and all. So for teams to play possession football, they first need the players, then need the tactic.

No worry beachryan. teams WILL play differently on this game, they just need to be set up. It seems Konami have simply left teams in a total mess tactically! I mean, pretty much every team has the same team styles :CONFUSE:

No worry beachryan. teams WILL play differently on this game, they just need to be set up. It seems Konami have simply left teams in a total mess tactically! I mean, pretty much every team has the same team styles :CONFUSE:

Excellent to hear. Can't wait for some option files to emerge. Not sure how long it'll take for that to happen though :(

Oh not at all. Just went straight into the game.

Oh yea, the one thing I've done is put both team forms on green. Had to make sure they're on equal terms and playing to their exact stats.

Also just fired up PES now and found a 1.01 patch ready to download. No idea what this is.

Right I've just tried again with a 20min game and both teams untouched and on green arrows

Half time:

pes20122011-09-2817-36-54-06.png

Full time:

pes20122011-09-2817-55-02-19.png

Maybe the only way to make them have higher possession is to play a longer game? It seems at the moment like they are constantly trying to go forward with every pass instead of retaining the ball.

Anyhow, really looking forward to seeing some of the tactics from klashman which made last years game much better :)

beachryan, i think the game by itself is great, i think the main problem literally is just how shocking bad Konami have left the database. It's so unprofessional and lazy it's fucking hilarious :LOL:

Ronaldo the great fenomenao retired back in what? March! and he's still with Corinthinans :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Most teams have the same tactic, also unlike with PES 2011 where the team values did vary a bit at least, there also identical for most 'possession game' or 'quick counter'. hence why every team is playing the same way :)

Konami know there will be a patch so it seems there is literally 0 effort gone into this database. So i wouldn't get worried about teams playing the same since they are all setup like that.

Right I've just tried again with a 20min game and both teams untouched and on green arrows

Half time:

pes20122011-09-2817-36-54-06.png

Full time:

pes20122011-09-2817-55-02-19.png

Maybe the only way to make them have higher possession is to play a longer game? It seems at the moment like they are constantly trying to go forward with every pass instead of retaining the ball.

Anyhow, really looking forward to seeing some of the tactics from klashman which made last years game much better :)

Thanks for replying mate. Looks like there might be a slight difference between PC and PS3 then? I'll try it again later and see if I get anything similar to yours.

And btw, online is working now!

Online is working ? Cool. Look for a match please Lami and see if there is any visual to dictate the Passing Assistance levels of the opponent bud. Cheers. :TU:

beachryan, i think the game by itself is great, i think the main problem literally is just how shocking bad Konami have left the database. It's so unprofessional and lazy it's fucking hilarious :LOL:

Ronaldo the great fenomenao retired back in what? March! and he's still with Corinthinans :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Most teams have the same tactic, also unlike with PES 2011 where the team values did vary a bit at least, there also identical for most 'possession game' or 'quick counter'. hence why every team is playing the same way :)

Konami know there will be a patch so it seems there is literally 0 effort gone into this database. So i wouldn't get worried about teams playing the same since they are all setup like that.

Another of my favs is the 'card' they have for 'running in behind'. And they haven't given this to Hernandez. I mean, in one of the 2 largest leagues in the world, they haven't even bothered to give the card to the player who most embodies it.

I mean, what's the point in even having these things?

Oh, my Danny, great news. You have proved SPECTACULARLY wrong :BOP:

I have a new Barcelona tactic, and i've given it to stoke to test your theory. Fucking hell! 16 minutes into a 15 min -1 professional match vs me as a crappy fake team. All Stoke have done, all game is HOOF, yes, my friend, HOOF the ball to the front three.

there was a small, breif period of three quick passes, followed by a HOOF!

I gave them the exact settings i gave Barca and all. So for teams to play possession football, they first need the players, then need the tactic.

Sorry, but, bollocks.

All that proves is the CPU just blatantly ignores tactics. If your theory was true they'd attempt to play safe, easy passes and mess up. Not suddenly feel this innate reflex to hoof it because their stats aren't good enough. Give me an example of a team playing non-direct counter attacking football and I'll believe you.

Like I said this ain't a major issue for me as I realise it's probably an unrealistic demand. But some of you have got your heads in the clouds if you think the AI is a complex, intricate beast.

is it already possible to play online on ps3?
i tried yesterday, but the game said (incompatible version) - so I guess online servers are not running or do they already?

I am seriously stressing about this. Do you think Konami have really clamped down on regions as far as online goes? i.e if you bought BLES7864 you can only play BLES7864?
This would be a fuck up of immeasurable proportions

Stop typing and start tweaking!!:P

I know there is a way to import/export specific teams, but can you then share that specific file for others to download?

Let's say Klash creates the perfect Barca tactics is there a way for him to share his custom tactics without writing every single one out like he did last year?

For any guys having trouble with the 'run bug' (it's only on xbox), if you have two controllers you can solve it by signing in a second controller, and making sure that when the game loads you press start on that controller. You can then use this controller as the main controller and you won't get the bug. It's really one of the strangest bugs I've ever seen... in the demo, playing games with my brother we luckily have 3 controllers, so we had to sign in all three controllers and just not use first player. I have the full PS3 version now so no longer have to worry about it.

Thanks mate, but personally I know that already because that's what I did to play when the demo was out. This is a bug that was in the demo and it's still unfixed, even after the first patch. Complete disgrace as usual by konami.

What are we supposed to do when we want to play with a friend, find a 3rd controller?

How do people keep their jobs in there I don't know.

I was also wondering this: it will be great when we create proper tactics for the AI teams, but what is really the use when they never change from the default tactic, no matter what?

Or does anyone have proof that they change to a more defensive system when they want to keep a lead for example?

Last edited:
Thanks mate, but personally I know that already because that's what I did to play when the demo was out. This is a bug that was in the demo and it's still unfixed, even after the first patch. Complete disgrace as usual by konami.

What are we supposed to do when we want to play with a friend, find a 3rd controller?

How do people keep their jobs in there I don't know.

I was also wondering this: it will be great when we create proper tactics for the AI teams, but what is really the use when they never change from the default tactic, no matter what?

Or does anyone have proof that they change to a more defensive system when they want to keep a lead for example?

They have been doing this since PES 2010. Pause the game and look at their formation throughout the game. It's somewhat primitive but it changes based on the situation.

They have been doing this since PES 2010. Pause the game and look at their formation throughout the game. It's somewhat primitive but it changes based on the situation.

Great news. I'm a long time fan but the last couple of years I switched sides to the terrible efforst by Konami.

No matter the shitty bugs and the unprofessionalism of Konami and seabass, this game is an improvement.

Last edited:
Online is working ? Cool. Look for a match please Lami and see if there is any visual to dictate the Passing Assistance levels of the opponent bud. Cheers. :TU:
Just had a look an don't think you can Jimmy. You can set the level to top player when picking friendly match but locked on regular (greyed out) when picking ranking match.

You can set your own controller settings though, probably ask the other fella nicely to change his pass support to 0 :P

Just had one game and thought the speed was hectic. I'm supposed to lag since I'm in Australia and playing someone in Spain but lag was very minimal and game very playable :) Until the game decided to drop me out before the 2nd half saying connection has worsened :II

I don't think I can play online if its this quick tbh, unless I play people who are definitely using 0 pass support, that's if the game doesn't throw me out obviously.

I am seriously stressing about this. Do you think Konami have really clamped down on regions as far as online goes? i.e if you bought BLES7864 you can only play BLES7864?
This would be a fuck up of immeasurable proportions

Can't be 100% sure Zee but I think I can play people from the other EU regions from what I can see. UK room has 0 people whereas French, German, Italian and Spanish rooms have people in. Hope it doesn't mean they just have a copy like mine though.

Thanks for replying mate. Looks like there might be a slight difference between PC and PS3 then? I'll try it again later and see if I get anything similar to yours.

And btw, online is working now!

Could you try a 20min game to see how it goes with that? Maybe with a longer game the team is less eager to get the ball forward which is why Barca had more possession in your test?

Been playing full game, it's great. No idea what the moaners where all about? It's better than the demos. Tweaked ball physics and new nets for the net freaks (tight square that doesn't stretch back far when ball hits it).

The issue with defenders leaving the forwards on crosses is still there though and happened A LOT when I played BAL now, I hope they patch this. Also the teams never play possession football, passing around, going back. There might be a pass back from time to time, but it's still a very direct attack after that. Would like the pace to go up and down like in real life, it's just attack after attack, no resting.

Game is great anyway, it will be interesting to see how much the keepers will be improved, and if it's a realistic improvement or a quick fix to make them save more shots.

Could you try a 20min game to see how it goes with that? Maybe with a longer game the team is less eager to get the ball forward which is why Barca had more possession in your test?

I'll surely do that tomorrow then and post my results here.

Another question: does the AI change in one of the 4 tactics we can make for them or a random tactic, when it changes tactics?

Because if it's a random tactic, then it's pretty shit for AI.

And it doesn't look I can give bad rep anywhere. I can only give good rep. Bad rep comes automatically with calculating number of matches played and disconnections etc.

Back
Top Bottom