PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

So the CPU definitely changes tactics - and appropriately as I can tell. I've seen both the defensive when winning and the 'all out attack' when losing.

Now that I've finally set all 4 up, and worked out how to quickly switch and what their names are (would it kill Konami to include the name instead of just 1,2,3,4 on screen?) I'm finding a lot more variance, and success in my play.

Just won my first match by more than 1 goal, which is refreshing. I find it much better on 1 passing assistance than 0.

And it doesn't look I can give bad rep anywhere. I can only give good rep. Bad rep comes automatically with calculating number of matches played and disconnections etc.

Cop out.

I'm playing CL right now with Bayern of course. Can't win a match away at the moment - oh boy this game is tough. Loving it so far. Robben and Ribery are Monsters in this game.

Now Quarter Finals against Manchester United. I'm shit at the moment, so i'm sure it will be the end of the road. Maybe. :-D

Just got the update for the 360 and initially it felt far smoother and the players are more fluid, I was very happy.

However the CPU caused me no threat at all! Upped the level to Top Player the next game and still the same, they had one cross and that was it, to me it now feels like the old ISS Pro games that were the more arcade and easier version of the games if you remember, granted I was playing against West Brom both times but I felt no pressure at all, could have just passed the ball about all day without issue.

Before the update you remember me saying it was very tough on professional, not now, I lost 5 games and won 4, will try it again after the Chelsea match but those two games were very jarring.

Oh, my Danny, great news. You have proved SPECTACULARLY wrong :BOP:

I have a new Barcelona tactic, and i've given it to stoke to test your theory. Fucking hell! 16 minutes into a 15 min -1 professional match vs me as a crappy fake team. All Stoke have done, all game is HOOF, yes, my friend, HOOF the ball to the front three.

there was a small, breif period of three quick passes, followed by a HOOF!

I gave them the exact settings i gave Barca and all. So for teams to play possession football, they first need the players, then need the tactic.

No worry beachryan. teams WILL play differently on this game, they just need to be set up. It seems Konami have simply left teams in a total mess tactically! I mean, pretty much every team has the same team styles :CONFUSE:

give me 2 weeks and il have everything ready for you(kits,teams,players)and then you and chimps can see what you can do to make it better:APPLAUD:

So the CPU definitely changes tactics - and appropriately as I can tell. I've seen both the defensive when winning and the 'all out attack' when losing.

Now that I've finally set all 4 up, and worked out how to quickly switch and what their names are (would it kill Konami to include the name instead of just 1,2,3,4 on screen?) I'm finding a lot more variance, and success in my play.

Just won my first match by more than 1 goal, which is refreshing. I find it much better on 1 passing assistance than 0.

Do they go from a 442 to a 443 or a 343 etc? Do they use any of the other 4 tactics that we can edit?

Just got the update for the 360 and initially it felt far smoother and the players are more fluid, I was very happy.

However the CPU caused me no threat at all! Upped the level to Top Player the next game and still the same, they had one cross and that was it, to me it now feels like the old ISS Pro games that were the more arcade and easier version of the games if you remember, granted I was playing against West Brom both times but I felt no pressure at all, could have just passed the ball about all day without issue.

Before the update you remember me saying it was very tough on professional, not now, I lost 5 games and won 4, will try it again after the Chelsea match but those two games were very jarring.

Anyway to get this update offline?

I wonder when Konami will get around to releasing a new data pack, with, you know, the players and teams from the start of the season (which was 6 weeks ago now).

Maybe they'll even give us some decent tactics for teams too? That's probably too much to hope for. I mean, they must really be busy right now.

Do they go from a 442 to a 443 or a 343 etc? Do they use any of the other 4 tactics that we can edit?

Definitely feels like the 'all out attack' has 3 at the back - I finally scored a counter attacking goal against loads of space in the 90th minute.

I'll keep an eye out at goal kicks/ other situations when the formation resets itself.

Sorry, but, bollocks.

All that proves is the CPU just blatantly ignores tactics. If your theory was true they'd attempt to play safe, easy passes and mess up. Not suddenly feel this innate reflex to hoof it because their stats aren't good enough. Give me an example of a team playing non-direct counter attacking football and I'll believe you.

Hmmm, thats a good reply, i have to tell you. I'll be doing more tests anyway so if you are right and teams simply ignore tactics then fair play. I'll try it again, and see how many times they attempt to play short passes this time, they did try it for a segment and mess up, it's like they figured with Jones up to and with the superior physicality they decide to pump long balls.

With 'standard' what i've seen is players play to their strengths, and the vaules manuver them around the pitch and depending on their attibutes they work out to pass between eachover.

Like I said this ain't a major issue for me as I realise it's probably an unrealistic demand. But some of you have got your heads in the clouds if you think the AI is a complex, intricate beast.

Well i expect little from AI, at the end of the day the technology we have currently is very fucking stupid by it's design (just programs which follow commands, it can't grow or think). So when thinks happen like they have today it's always nice. So if the Ai turns out to be as complex as on first glance, more power to us and Konami :)

Last edited:
Well i expect little from AI, at the end of the day the technology we have currently is very fucking stupid by it's design (just programs which follow commands, it can't grow or think). So when thinks happen like they have today it's always nice. So if the Ai turns out to be as complex as on first glance, more power to us and Konami :)

The tech we have now is perfectly fine to create good, logical AI that can make logical choices and create believability. Nothing too spectacular but good enough. Konami and EA just don't give a shit. EA much more than Konami though. Seabass, in all his unprofessionalism, still tries some little things.

We had better/more believable AI in the previous gen (yes, even with all the bugs and tech restrictions).

This penalty system we have in the patched PC version can surely not be the final code.

You can full throttle smack it anywhere you want. Say it isn't so someone, say it isn't so.

I am miserable today. I'm still trying to come to grips with how insanely hard it is to keep a clean sheet on top player. I hate that one 2 first time shot and the com knows exactly where and when grrrrrr.

I will beat you evil com..........

The tech we have now is perfectly fine to create good, logical AI that can make logical choices and create believability. Nothing too spectacular but good enough. Konami and EA just don't give a shit. EA much more than Konami though. Seabass, in all his unprofessionalism, still tries some little things.

We had better/more believable AI in the previous gen (yes, even with all the bugs and tech restrictions).

No, and i mean no! I tried to get Barca to play like barca on WE9:LE which is the best of the SPS 2 editions and it failed miserably, they just counter attacked all game. Same with every other PS2 version.

Sorry but the demands we have now football gamews are NOT the same as before. I mean, things like first touch where not talked about at all back then. When bugs appeard and exploits such as fake shot being too effective, shooting from 45 degrees etc.. people just said, 'who cares'. When Willem II started to play like an Army of Ronaldinhos with super strength barging your players out of the way and blantantly cheating on PES 5, people just accpeted it without question. Any bug which crops up today is hounded and scrutinized to the max.

Not that i'm saying football games have been classic on this gen, because thye haven't

Wouldn't say Konami don't give a shit, i'd say they are passionate but they are simply out of touch with what happens in europe, which is evident with their joke of a database

I wonder when Konami will get around to releasing a new data pack, with, you know, the players and teams from the start of the season (which was 6 weeks ago now).

Maybe they'll even give us some decent tactics for teams too? That's probably too much to hope for. I mean, they must really be busy right now.

I read somwhere that it will coencide with the UK launch, but there are updates coming.

No, and i mean no! I tried to get Barca to play like barca on WE9:LE which is the best of the SPS 2 editions and it failed miserably, they just counter attacked all game. Same with every other PS2 version.

Sorry but the demands we have now football gamews are NOT the same as before. I mean, things like first touch where not talked about at all back then. When bugs appeard and exploits such as fake shot being too effective, shooting from 45 degrees etc.. people just said, 'who cares'. When Willem II started to play like an Army of Ronaldinhos with super strength barging your players out of the way and blantantly cheating on PES 5, people just accpeted it without question. Any bug which crops up today is hounded and scrutinized to the max.

Not that i'm saying football games have been classic on this gen, because thye haven't

Wouldn't say Konami don't give a shit, i'd say they are passionate but they are simply out of touch with what happens in europe, which is evident with their joke of a database

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant the AI was better then than today in relation to our expections, knowledge and tech of the time.

Based on the tech we had then and the tech we have now there's been shit progress. And we all know that if seabass had some more months, if he was professional enough, if konami actually gave a shit, then the AI would be much, much better.

FIFA at least has some tech advances. PES has nothing this gen. I wonder why people haven't lost their jobs. Oh, wait, it's because sheep like us still buy the game. Accepting and buying half finished products, like idiots, is in our blood now, we have come to accept it as a logical thing. :(

edit: For the people waiting "decent tactics" from Konami. When have they ever provided them?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant the AI was better then than today in relation to our expections, knowledge and tech of the time.

Based on the tech we had then and the tech we have now there's been shit progress. And we all know that if seabass had some more months, if he was professional enough, if konami actually gave a shit, then the AI would be much, much better.

FIFA at least has some tech advances. PES has nothing this gen. I wonder why people haven't lost their jobs. Oh, wait, it's because sheep like us still buy the game. Accepting and buying half finished products, like idiots, is in our blood now, we have come to accept it as a logical thing. :(

edit: For the people waiting "decent tactics" from Konami. When have they ever provided them?

Now, this is very true what you say about the technology is PES isn't top notch. It's rather primitive for this gen.

Thing is, we cannot live on should've, would've and could'ves. I prefer to play what is infront of me and enjoy that than worry too much about what could of been. regret is never needed in life. Only learn from your mistakes and move on or just accept and deal with what is there. PES is not pefect but why get worked about a perfect game which does not exist?

i mean, why couldn't i been born into a family of millionaires? Or Passed my driving first time? Or why can Arsenal sort all our problems out. Why is Samir Mercenasri a bastard?

It's about concetrating on whats there and whay are they bringing to the table. they have brought some great stuff to the table and when you accpet the technology level PES is on, you spend more time enjoying the game rather than wishing what it could have been.

Football games haven't advanced how we wanted to on this gen, thing is you should expect this because every genre of society, it's the same sotry of development being held back for control or those at the top cannot see a profit from development.

Also computers are still fucking stupid so i wouldn't expect much from simply programs following commands, anything nice they do is a bouns, thats my attitude. I'm enlightened by anything they do which is new.

So what you're saying is, you hate the game and the developer to boot? Again!

When does it finally click with folk like yourself that eventually you stop sounding as though you are offering your own opinion and instead sound as though you are insisting that everyone should see it your way? It is downright arrogant suggesting that just because you don't like it, everybody else is an idiot or ''sheep'' for daring to not get outraged.

Your ''feedback'' is exactly the kind of waffle that should go ignored. Where others look at things with a little more balance, you demand that heads roll or that they lack professionalism as though the development team are politicians making hugely important decisions. It's un-constructive to the extreme.

I'm done with your sort; carrying this weird, shallow view that the wee Japanese men don't know what they are doing and lack the required knowledge and ''professionalism'' to produce a product fit for purpose. I bet you believe that the fact the developers own backyard was impacted by a huge humanitarian disaster is no excuse either. Do you know about the power outages and money contributed to the recovery effort by Japanese game developers at what were key stages in some projects development? We are talking enough power outage to cost weeks of development and millions donated by the likes of Konami and others. Yeah, fire them all for them getting you peeved that they never aced it for you personally, faced with these far more important matters.

Last edited:
Oh dear, this update for the 360.

First of all had to knock the speed down to -1 for the first time ever in these games, the players move much more smoother but it was turbo charged.

Secondly, put my pass assistance down to 1 bar from 2, no real difference in long passing at all, inch perfect.

Thirdly I am able to walk through teams without using any of the run modifiers, I can just run into their box, they just retreat their position jockeying you, tried it on top player away to Spurs, only times they attacked me was on the counter, scored two long range goals, one with Drenthe's right foot from 25 yards.

Tried Superstar for the first time, same thing, I can just walk the ball and pass it straight into their box, no pressure, only time they reacted was when I shot and they stick a leg out to block it, only attacking you themselves when they have a counter with space to run into.

This was quite an excellent challenge even on professional prior to the patch.

Oh dear, this update for the 360.

First of all had to knock the speed down to -1 for the first time ever in these games, the players move much more smoother but it was turbo charged.

Secondly, put my pass assistance down to 1 bar from 2, no real difference in long passing at all, inch perfect.

Thirdly I am able to walk through teams without using any of the run modifiers, I can just run into their box, they just retreat their position jockeying you, tried it on top player away to Spurs, only times they attacked me was on the counter, scored two long range goals, one with Drenthe's right foot from 25 yards.

Tried Superstar for the first time, same thing, I can just walk the ball and pass it straight into their box, no pressure, only time they reacted was when I shot and they stick a leg out to block it, only attacking you themselves when they have a counter with space to run into.

This was quite an excellent challenge even on professional prior to the patch.

Hm... Can't you delete the update? In the PS3 you can - actually, last year I did that 'cause the 1.02 update screwed the AI pressure so bad that BAL was unplayable on Top Player.

That would be a way for you to make a reassessment of such claims, and to check whether pre-patch it really was as you remember it.

Hm... Can't you delete the update? In the PS3 you can - actually, last year I did that 'cause the 1.02 update screwed the AI pressure so bad that BAL was unplayable on Top Player.

That would be a way for you to make a reassessment of such claims, and to check whether pre-patch it really was as you remember it.

Yep I can clear it, but telling you, speed is a massive difference and professional was an excellent challenge, see my thoughts earlier today on the previous page, only thing that really bugged me was the accuracy of long shots, for me this is almost similar to the green zone issue last year around the corners, before the patch I couldn't just walk it into their box, they were far too keen to close me down, you really felt like you worked for a win.

My god... the amount of times I've heard things be ABSOLUTELY RUINED then fine the next day about this game is unreal... getting a bit crazy.

Thanks for that, just check it out, some decent stuff.

Any news on logos? Sure I saw a video with some Kappa logos on shorts.

Back
Top Bottom