PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Seriously that's just offside. Another spit on PES bandwagon jumper. As soon as someone says something negative you are on it. Really lame mate and a comment like this brings nothing to the discussion.

I know what you're saying, though i debate the whole negative for negatives sake that you suggest. I liked demo 1 and didn't get to play demo 2 so i haven't even been posting much lately and i was very keen on PES 2011 after i patched it. I was being flippant anyway rather than serious because the comment above called the guy 'mr rutter'. Now that's not exactly mature is it, i just followed up with the same game.

On an unrelated note, this whole 'not finished' vibe i'm getting from people is worrying though. I not going to give Konami a damning verdict because of it but i simply don't get how they keep falling in the same hole year after year. When was the last PES game that felt finished? I don't think 2010 or 2011 did. As enjoyable as 2012 may well prove to be be, it can be great but it'll probably never feel fantastic until it feels finished from my own perspective. Hopefully the patches, both official and community made, help.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying, though i debate the whole negative for negatives sake that you suggest. I liked demo 1 and didn't get to play demo 2 so i haven't even been posting much lately and i was very keen on PES 2011 after i patched it. I was being flippant anyway rather than serious because the comment above called the guy 'mr rutter'. Now that's not exactly mature is it, i just followed up with the same game.

This whole 'not finished' vibe i'm getting from people is worrying though.

seriously, i think we need to calm down
one user, (or maybe two?) posted that it seems like the game is unfinished and we are already starting to worry?
i think it's overreaction, the same was with the pressure argument

About FIFA-PES: PES is once again taking steps towards simulation since PES2011. This was the first step in the right direction since PES6 (which IMO was a step back from PES5).

I'm a huge ML fan, i've been playing it literally for months. But the fact that they don't have decent leagues spoils the ML experience for me. Last year i've been editing almost two months before starting a ML (created Belgian league and Bundesliga based on FM's stats)...

In FIFA you can start a CM with league two teams or with second division teams. FIFA has up-to-date rosters...i could go on for a couple of lines...still i prefer PES but you hardly see any real Evolution despite the name of the game...

I have two kids and not a whole lotta time to play games...i'm fed-up with editing (and on top of that i have an XBox...).

Besides that, Konami are blind to the obvious strong point of their game, the one point that makes the lack of licenses liveable: the community. Why not do the same thing as NBA 2K and give you the chance to download user generated option files. Or going further:

Create a game mode around editing.
This could be a MLO only for customer created teams (with created players with stats within certain limits). That would really be playing into the hands of all the people who are effectively editing year after year...i know some people here are in twitter contact with Murphy...why not propose something similar?

Sorry for the off-topic.

After seeing that the horrible run/stop bug of the demo is still in, after the first patch, there's not much to say about this incopetent, criminal company.

But then I though, alright. I'll give it another chance.

That's the AI? That;s the ACTIVE AI? Where's the passing game from Barca? Why does Zenit play with the same style?

Then I thought, ok, this is Konami,they don't care about proper tactics, it's ok, we'll fix them ourselves.

But how? Where are the settings for tempo, short passing, something to help us create a style of football within a tactic? What do the presets offer? Counter attack? How do they replicate that with the available settings? And how can we do it when we choose to create our own?

We are all sheep, licking konami's ass while they make money selling us -again- crumbs. They are pathetic, but we are even more people.

Do some people have the full game? How is this so?

Have they changed the full game from the demo? I really hope not, I am really enjoying the demo now and the change last year from demo to full game was a real step down.

Does the computer get away with fouls in the full version? If so I wont be getting it thats for sure which is a real shame. I only play 1 player and I'm totally happy with demo 2 (apart from player switching).

PES 2011 is the PES I played the least, if PES 2012 is the same pile then I regret to say

I'M OUT

Please could someone confirm the demo 2 is the same as the final game?

But how? Where are the settings for tempo, short passing, something to help us create a style of football within a tactic? What do the presets offer? Counter attack? How do they replicate that with the available settings? And how can we do it when we choose to create our own?

You can still change them. If you choose one of the presets like counter attack, possession game etc, the values you can choose for passing support, attacking style etc are bound within a certain band of values.

However, if you choose standard, you can set any value that you deem fit. I haven't really played around too much with those yet so I can't tell how well that translates into the way your team plays though. I guess someone more experienced like klashman and bluchamp can give you answers to that.

My thoughts on the game so far haven't changed much, but I have to say that I have a hard time creating good counter attack opportunities, especially finding space in the wings.

I find the defenders to be too tight in terms of marking my forwards all the time, and my attackers to be too incapable of losing them by themselves every now and then. I'm also somewhat confident that it is a tactics issue, but I haven't still found a sweet-spot for them.

Asides from that, enjoying the game - can't wait to get the game on my PS3.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Thanks for report, but it's hard to appreciate your comments if you do not specify difficulty level and match time..

You can still change them. If you choose one of the presets like counter attack, possession game etc, the values you can choose for passing support, attacking style etc are bound within a certain band of values.

However, if you choose standard, you can set any value that you deem fit. I haven't really played around too much with those yet so I can't tell how well that translates into the way your team plays though. I guess someone more experienced like klashman and bluchamp can give you answers to that.
A question:
are you allowed to change all teams default tactic and save them?

I'm guessing there isn't but can we set the game to use random commentary each time you start a match?

After seeing that the horrible run/stop bug of the demo is still in, after the first patch, there's not much to say about this incopetent, criminal company.

But then I though, alright. I'll give it another chance.

That's the AI? That;s the ACTIVE AI? Where's the passing game from Barca? Why does Zenit play with the same style?

Then I thought, ok, this is Konami,they don't care about proper tactics, it's ok, we'll fix them ourselves.

We are all sheep, licking konami's ass while they make money selling us -again- crumbs. They are pathetic, but we are even more people.

I did that last year using team styles, i'll check again to see how it's holing up when i play the game how the CPU responds to them. There's a setting me and mane created last year which gets barca to play properly like Barca, also last year with the default settings barca played also like i say kick and rush football and where easy to beat. On the demo, for my team the team styles did drastically affect how my team shaped out so despite the feedback with every team playing the same, there should be some difference at least.

Also you won't get any sympathy moaning about the catch up bug, apparently it's not as harsh as last year and it instead seems to show that your a player who relies too much on sprinting with fast players and you don't slow you play down enough to try play some varied football. So ironically your blaming the game for your own incompetence in that area regarding how you utillize the players one dimensional fashion rather than trying other methods of creating chances.

I just can see people moaning and hating because of a 'run bug' yet these people just pick a big team (Real madrid etc..) Stick the fastest players up front and expect to easily score spamming through balls and wheeling away from defenders.

One thing that annoys me with this game is that you can't switch player while sprinting with another player.

Is something i'll have to get used to, but it's annoying when i'm chasing back and i'm trying to catch the strikers.

Off topic guys but let me ask you now a serious question. Seems like a lot of folks are unhappy with the game. Some ppl are happy some not a very mixed feeling. As we know Konami never suceeded with PES on next gen. I don't know if you guys just care about new century or vivid graphics but do you know of a game called WINNING ELEVEN 9 LIVEWARE EVOLUTION? its the best, most realistic, real simulation football game ever released. Its impossible to find it on PS2 as it was released back in March of 2006. Guess what tho? You can still play it on your pc and use your PS2/PS3 or xbox 360 gamepad on it. Now check this out, you can STILL play it online. Private servers that work 24/7. We have a community called WePlayWe. Instead of wasting time on Pes12 and shit I guarantee once you play we9le you'll leave your PS3 in dust. Play the best football simulation ever created. It is.without a doubt the best soccer game.of all times, a total master piece. To get set up PM me. This is a movement. We are a legion. When people realize what they missed they will NEVER go back. NEVER. This doesn't apply to graphic whores.

Ps there's option files for it also new OF coming out soon.

You have it all

BEST DAMN GAME

ONLINE PLAY

OPTION FILES

YOU CAN USE YOUR CONSOLE GAMEPAD

HOOK IT UP ON YOUR HDTV VIA HDMI

HAVE FUN

Let me SET YOU UP.

Thanks for report, but it's hard to appreciate your comments if you do not specify difficulty level and match time..

Sure enough. Professional, 10 minutes, non-top teams :)

Then again, don't take my comments as reports - they are more short impressions of my time with the game. I don't want this to become an "opinion-making" think :)

One thing that annoys me with this game is that you can't switch player while sprinting with another player.

Is something i'll have to get used to, but it's annoying when i'm chasing back and i'm trying to catch the strikers.

Haven't experienced this. What settings are you using? Assisted, semi-assisted...? I'm using semi-assisted, on the PC.

About FIFA-PES: PES is once again taking steps towards simulation since PES2011. This was the first step in the right direction since PES6 (which IMO was a step back from PES5).

I'm a huge ML fan, i've been playing it literally for months. But the fact that they don't have decent leagues spoils the ML experience for me. Last year i've been editing almost two months before starting a ML (created Belgian league and Bundesliga based on FM's stats)...

In FIFA you can start a CM with league two teams or with second division teams. FIFA has up-to-date rosters...i could go on for a couple of lines...still i prefer PES but you hardly see any real Evolution despite the name of the game...

I have two kids and not a whole lotta time to play games...i'm fed-up with editing (and on top of that i have an XBox...).

Besides that, Konami are blind to the obvious strong point of their game, the one point that makes the lack of licenses liveable: the community. Why not do the same thing as NBA 2K and give you the chance to download user generated option files. Or going further:

Create a game mode around editing.
This could be a MLO only for customer created teams (with created players with stats within certain limits). That would really be playing into the hands of all the people who are effectively editing year after year...i know some people here are in twitter contact with Murphy...why not propose something similar?

Sorry for the off-topic.

Ok i understand you better now and i have to agree on consoles its terrible..game isnt finished most leagues missing etc etc.

I played PES2011 ML for a year, but thats thx for community patches. I guess my point is PES is much better for PC and much worse on consoles.. :FAIL:

guys, pes2012gonbegood is not trolling with the result he posted up. I hate to say it but as I mentioned a few pages back I watched a 20min cpu vs cpu game with Barca vs Rubin Kazan and the result was poor. Fair enough Barca won 5-0 which is to be expected, but the way they played and the stats at the end were not correct. Throughout the whole game they just played long balls and crosses into the box which should not be happening. The stats were 50-50 possesion, 16 shots to 14 in favour of Barca. Barca should be way more dominant than that despite the scoreline.

Overall though, I still love the game. Its fantastic to play against another human but the cpu side is very disappointing. I'll give it another go tonight with teams like Arsenal against Stoke to see what happens there.

I did that last year using team styles, i'll check again to see how it's holing up when i play the game how the CPU responds to them. There's a setting me and mane created last year which gets barca to play properly like Barca, also last year with the default settings barca played also like i say kick and rush football and where easy to beat. On the demo, for my team the team styles did drastically affect how my team shaped out so despite the feedback with every team playing the same, there should be some difference at least.

Also you won't get any sympathy moaning about the catch up bug, apparently it's not as harsh as last year and it instead seems to show that your a player who relies too much on sprinting with fast players and you don't slow you play down enough to try play some varied football. So ironically your blaming the game for your own incompetence in that area regarding how you utillize the players one dimensional fashion rather than trying other methods of creating chances.

I just can see people moaning and hating because of a 'run bug' yet these people just pick a big team (Real madrid etc..) Stick the fastest players up front and expect to easily score spamming through balls and wheeling away from defenders.

This is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bug where you run with a player, even without sprint, and sometimes just stops or does a side step change of direction with no input from the player.

Have you fallen so low in your own fanboy bile that you actually defend this bug? People used a second controller in the demo to counter this bug, and you think that's ok?

And what is the setting to make a teams play short pass football?

Completely over the top...
With all due respect, how old are you?

Old enough to have been fooled by this company for many, many years, thus the language.

You are probably too young.

Haven't experienced this. What settings are you using? Assisted, semi-assisted...? I'm using semi-assisted, on the PC.

PC, Semi-assisted, with all CPU assistance settings switched to off (tackling etc.)

Happened in both demos and full game. All I need to do is stop sprinting and switch, then sprint again, which is seamless, but im used to switching while sprinting from other games that I lose a second or two of ground when i forget I can't do it.

Despite my usual bitchy moaning, it's a great game. The core concepts are there but the implementation is spotty and inconsistent. One thing is for sure though, FIFA 12 will sell more than ever this year. I may disagree with their gameplay philosophy, but they have captured the look of football almost 1:1. For PES to survive, Konami needs to seriously step their game up. Instead of spending barrels of money to sign Ronaldo, hire some good writers and sound designers. PES' commentary is a bloody joke. Why am I still hearing the same shitty commentary and crowd samples that I did in 2009!

In America the official release is 27...

This is the table of $$$ in the MLO...

operating in two days online mode and there are people with C. Ronaldo and Messi in their team

WTF!!!

and I worried about my team with contracts expiring in 10 games ...

PC, Semi-assisted, with all CPU assistance settings switched to off (tackling etc.)

Happened in both demos and full game. All I need to do is stop sprinting and switch, then sprint again, which is seamless, but im used to switching while sprinting from other games that I lose a second or two of ground when i forget I can't do it.

Maybe there's a conflict with the controller buttons, when you press move + run + switch? That used to happen when you played with the keyboard and hit too many keys... I'm playing with the PS3 controller, no problems.

Could you try to change the player switch button to any other button, just for testing purposes?

Cheers,

Paulo

If I concede another cpu free-kick, I'm going to crack...

It's been mentioned that there's a way to combat this. Select your keeper using L1 + R3. Move him slightly to the centre of the goal and de-select him before the kick is taken. He should save a lot more shots. In fact this method may be too effective, I haven't conceded a free-kick since using it. Hopefully it's still possible to concede to extremely well placed shots.

This is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bug where you run with a player, even without sprint, and sometimes just stops or does a side step change of direction with no input from the player.

Have you fallen so low in your own fanboy bile that you actually defend this bug? People used a second controller in the demo to counter this bug, and you think that's ok?

Nope, i asked before on the other page, if you meant the catch up bug or not, and since people have been calling it the run bug i assumed you were talking about he same thing.

I not sure of this 'run bug' the way you describe it, maybe just your not used to how sensitive the left stick is. I mean, you can stop and change direction but very, Very lightly touching or brushing it, it's very very sensitive so a very slight input change will stop your player. Maybe it's just that or could you provide a video if it's something more malicious

And what is the setting to make a teams play short pass football?

So you want every team to play like that then???? There is no 'magic formula', just settings which make teams play in certain ways, and depending on the individuals will determine how they play.

Old enough to have been fooled by this company for many, many years, thus the language.

Gerd watched the 1970 world cup on TV Live. So he's OLD! :))

A question:
are you allowed to change all teams default tactic and save them?

Yeah, just checked and you are able to save them in edit mode.

Klash, could you share your settings for Barca? I want to test them out in this game, and see how it translates to the way they play.

Back
Top Bottom