PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

So im posting this screenshot from my closed thread about the shit AI.

Heres an example, CPU vs CPU match of 1 best team in the world vs one of the weakest teams in the game :

67190214.jpg

pathetic AI and team/player individuality...

15 minutes
Professional ( Top Player CPU seems weird to me idk but im going to try that aswell )
Speed was -1

I've just wasted 30 minutes of my life doing this for the lulz. Your exact same settings and teams. Cpu v Cpu. Here are the results:

sam0400xw.jpg

I would've done another one but 30 mins is enough of time being wasted today.

And stop trolling. Something iffy about you.

Here is an example: I'm through on goal, the moment I press the shot button the player stumbles and somehow the defender (even though he is still behind me) manages to clear the ball.

Final version is not as bad as I initially thought, exhibition games feel very similar to the demo. Master League is another can of worms, which is perhaps why my initial impressions were so dim.

That's not THE stumble animation though, the one that blighted PES2011 so badly. I don't think it could even be called a stumble at all. That's an instance of the half-stagger, and with the defender so close in that context, fully justified and coherent within the game IMO.

I hated PES2011's stumble as much as anyone, possibly more than anyone, and I've been hyper-sensitive to its appearance in the PES0212 retail game.

After several hours' play now, I can confirm that it is no more. There's a new 'stagger' animation, true, which seems to be the withered nubbin of the stumble, but it's nowhere near as intrusive and anti-intuitive,

Well done Lami. Can somebody remove his post from the home page.
He is clearly trolling and manipulating, but one got to admit that he got a point. Klashmann is asking him on what difficulty he is playing and how long his matches are...in a good game that should not make any difference.

It is clear from other people's reactions that Konami once again brought out an unfinished product (cfr. the transfers, the referee wearing yellow outfit when one of the teams is playing in yellow, several gameplay issues). I've already ordered PES2012 and i will end up playing it, but i will also buy FIFA12. EA usually publish a finished product...

He is clearly trolling and manipulating, but one got to admit that he got a point. Klashmann is asking him on what difficulty he is playing and how long his matches are...in a good game that should not make any difference.

It is clear from other people's reactions that Konami once again brought out an unfinished product (cfr. the transfers, the referee wearing yellow outfit when one of the teams is playing in yellow, several gameplay issues). I've already ordered PES2012 and i will end up playing it, but i will also buy FIFA12. EA usually publish a finished product...

How it shows that you have never played a FIFA game.

Both companies are fucking us over and we, like sheep, continue to spend money on unfinished products.

Okay, enjoying the actual gameplay, but a few early thoughts on the PS3 version.

Why are Konami so sloppy?

1. First match, played a Dutch team who wear yellow. The ref? In almost the exact same shade of yellow.
2. Graphics are still woeful in 'game' mode. Replays are okay. Had thought people said this was a 'demo' thing, can confirm it looks just as bad as the demoes. Embarrassing next to other games in this era.
3. I understand last minute transfers and what not are tough to get in ahead of release. Fine. But that small team that is Manchester United don't have their starting central midfielder, Tom Cleverley. He's not in the game. FFS.

These things are just so unprofessional.

Even back with demo1 and demo2, it is very clear that not only were all these small issues apparent, but it is clear the AI in 2012 isn't nearly as good as people make it out to be.

Sure they can get past your defenders easily, and they can string passes like the best team in the world, but that is not what makes a good AI.

Any one can make a game where the CPU reads your input and out smart you by exploiting human errors, but to do it without resorting to such a simple method and to do it in a believable way is what they claimed but Konami did not deliver as usual.

This is a football game, and the teams should play like real football teams. The game is what it is though, it's not like there's anything else better out there.

I've just wasted 30 minutes of my life doing this for the lulz. Your exact same settings and teams. Cpu v Cpu. Here are the results:

sam0400xw.jpg

Im not trolling sir, it just pissed me off how what happened is even possible.

What settings did you use for your match and did Barca play more through the ground? Because in my game they keept doing long balls and crosses which is very unlike them.

So you've just registered with a username like yours, and I think every single post has been saying how shit PES is? Thanks for stopping by, Mr Rutter.

sam0400xw.jpg

Hmmm we must try it on FIFA 12 :D Do what the outcome will be .Good idea .

To be honest i expect stuff like Helsinki beating Barca to happen on this game from what i saw on the demo. I didn't doubt that helsinki beat Barca with CPU vs CPU, i just expected it to happen on 10 minutes and a fast gameplay speed thats all :)

I really don't expect too much from video games so when they deliver something nice, i'm very happy :D

So if I don't like some things in pes 12 and find them bad I should what exactly, praise them?

nevermind that, have you tweaked your PC settings, is the game running super fast? PC's are a pain when optimizing games, takes so long to get balanced settings.

How it shows that you have never played a FIFA game.

Both companies are fucking us over and we, like sheep, continue to spend money on unfinished products.

It's good to see someone else being the process of waking up :)

It's good to see how you have already started to see just how conditioned we are as humans.

Last edited:
@pes2012gonbegood: You made your point and we got it. What you have done has been far away from constructive criticisms. I would not go that far to say you manipulated your test results but you certainly over exaggerated a lot of stuffs just to get attention.:YAWN:

Slovenia 88% posession against Spain? Sounds like a bucket of shit to me. Im playing BAL and after i get substituted i watch the game, it plays like a real football game.. no idea what is he talking about?!?

Just some brief impressions from around 12 hours of the full game:

Long shots seem to be too easy to make space for and a little too accurate for my liking.

Yet to come across a "tight" game, seems a bit open and end to end so far, but there have been games where I have lost 0-1, it is hard to score though and satisfying when you do.

Goalkeepers are bad, they animate bad and range from pulling off wonder saves which actually look spectacular to letting in shots close to the body and under the body an animate poorly, but importantly, before the patch to hopefully improve them, they don't hurt the game as much as I thought they would.

Long passing is way too accurate with pretty much any player, chipped through balls seem a little too floaty and give the advantage more to a defender, maybe this is a good thing though?.

The different types of dribbling closely and while sprinting is excellent, sprinting with Ronaldo or Messi with the ball offers far more close touches and control compared to others, for me this is the first time a pro evo game has it spot on.

The movement is brilliant and believable, midfielders do not stand still, they will hang back if they are blocked off from a passing lane and give you a clear path to pass to them with their arms gesturing.

I don't use the run trigger command and don't feel the need to, AI for me on any tactical setting is that good and lifelike, very subtle in places too such as players creating spaces and pulling defenders out of position.

Master League is very engrossing, spent over an hour going through each team marking players to my favourites as individuality is amazing once again.

Based on 360 version btw

Good reaction Klashmann.
I have bought, played and enjoyed FIFA10. It wasn't a perfect game, but it was very good.

Games will never be perfect, but Konami are very sloppy and sometimes weird.

FIFA has decent tutorials, PES never had.
PES for Playstation 2 had loads of stadiums, PES for current gen has less stadiums (never mind the editor).
There 100 things that people enjoy for a couple of years and that suddenly are dropped by Konami (there was an enjoyable mode where you could play qualifiers for the WC, they dropped it).
FIFA is a very customizable game, PES isn't...(recent example: BAL, last year at the beginning of your carreer you could choose among 4 or 5 clubs, now apparently you can't).

I'm a big PES fan, usually i enjoy PES more than FIFA (although in current gen i only liked PES2011 and i think PES2012 could be very good too), but IMO FIFA is a much better finished product than PES. I have the distinct impression that PES does not listen enough to the community. And i'm not even talking about gameplay, but about modes, editing possibilities, graphics, cut scenes, the degree of customization...

Thanks Darth. That seems a reasoned analysis of both negative and positive points. I didn't understand the keeper part though, as in: is that your impression pre keeper patch or after the keeper patch?

hmmm.. i wonder what is exactly Konami's limitation.. ? Something that slow them down to create a completely new & rich PES in all aspects

it's difficult to create a whole new Pes within yearly basis, the real gap is when they begin to develop for a new gen of consoles
unfortunately with pes 2008 they began in a bad way this generation, they didn't prepare themselves, like fifa did instead, and right now the series is still lagging behind because of this mistake

Thanks Darth. That seems a reasoned analysis of both negative and positive points. I didn't understand the keeper part though, as in: is that your impression pre keeper patch or after the keeper patch?

360 patch wasn't out before I wrote that, has to be said though I am very happy with the game, but will need far more time on it before making a proper reaction to it.

Good reaction Klashmann.
I have bought, played and enjoyed FIFA10. It wasn't a perfect game, but it was very good.

Games will never be perfect, but Konami are very sloppy and sometimes weird.

FIFA has decent tutorials, PES never had.
PES for Playstation 2 had loads of stadiums, PES for current gen has less stadiums (never mind the editor).
There 100 things that people enjoy for a couple of years and that suddenly are dropped by Konami (there was an enjoyable mode where you could play qualifiers for the WC, they dropped it).
FIFA is a very customizable game, PES isn't...(recent example: BAL, last year at the beginning of your carreer you could choose among 4 or 5 clubs, now apparently you can't).

I'm a big PES fan, usually i enjoy PES more than FIFA (although in current gen i only liked PES2011 and i think PES2012 could be very good too), but IMO FIFA is a much better finished product than PES. I have the distinct impression that PES does not listen enough to the community. And i'm not even talking about gameplay, but about modes, editing possibilities, graphics, cut scenes, the degree of customization...

FIFA has always had it's reputation with being a finished product, something you do not have to edit or fiddle about with. That what i'd say FIFA's core fanbse over the years, decades even has been, those who want to buy and just play with minimum fuss like my mates :) It's when you look for simulation and depth is where FIFA fails, miserabley. With PES, it's always been a game which gives you tools and a base game to enjoy but here are so many possibliites with the modding and editing mode.

I think it's safe to say one thing PES 2012 will not offer this year is the same 'finished game' on release like the PS2 games did. I mean yes those PS2 titles where released later but tis a shame Konami can't release the game without things here and there needed to be tied up which should have been done already.

I think after the 1.02 pacth which will be released sometime later october early november. PES 2012 will feel finished, but the main point is that it is better to get that right straight away, since people don't get put off.

Konami are strange really. thing is the game overall is still sounding outstanding, so i'll be paitent and i think most of us will still enjoy it hugely.

I can't fukcing believe this.

Even with the new EU patch, the running bug with the first controller is still there...

It's unbelievable, it's really beyond comprehension how fucked up this company is.

FIFA is a very customizable game, PES isn't...

I have to disagree. PES is IMO much more customizable than FIFA has ever been.

Last weekend I tried to play a World Cup with my nephews in FIFA 11. We had to pick 8 non-national teams in order to complete the cup, because there were not enough national teams to do so... What's up with that? Is it because EA wants to force me into buying their World Cup game? Pathetic...

Sorry for :OT:, it just really pissed me off.

I have the distinct impression that PES does not listen enough to the community. And i'm not even talking about gameplay, but about modes, editing possibilities, graphics, cut scenes, the degree of customization...

But KONAMI allow customization ane editing(kitserver,faceserver,jenkey & yair modifications, look at PES6)while FIFA dosent really.

Problem is PES is really limited on consoles, when on PC we can change almost everything.. if community can crack how to modify BAL and ML we will have ultimate football platform.

My thoughts on the game so far haven't changed much, but I have to say that I have a hard time creating good counter attack opportunities, especially finding space in the wings.

I find the defenders to be too tight in terms of marking my forwards all the time, and my attackers to be too incapable of losing them by themselves every now and then. I'm also somewhat confident that it is a tactics issue, but I haven't still found a sweet-spot for them.

Asides from that, enjoying the game - can't wait to get the game on my PS3.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Back
Top Bottom