PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Holding sprint makes your player stop? Sorry to sound condescending here but are you moving the player at the same time? If you don't hold a direction, the player will stop on the ball. If you use special control button without direction, he will stop and face the direction of the goals.

Could this be what's happening? Are you using Left stick or D Pad for player movement?

Holding sprint makes your player stop? Sorry to sound condescending here but are you moving the player at the same time? If you don't hold a direction, the player will stop on the ball. If you use special control button without direction, he will stop and face the direction of the goals.

Could this be what's happening? Are you using Left stick or D Pad for player movement?

Actually, it's an actual issue with the game on the 360, unresponsive controls on controller 1. Jon Murphy said the team is aware of it and working on patching it (it was on demo 2, meaning it made it into the retail game).

wow, this is the complete opposite of what people said the first night after playing pes 2012 pc full version :CONFUSE:

Im confused too .. Read all day posts saying the AI is manic (even videos of Barca doing it but this was kinda showing how they actually play) on not just the PC but on the consoles too ... NOW people have gone the opposite so i guess i dunno who to believe (more have said the high pressure is more noticeable in the retail copy though)...

Best just wait till we all get our own copy in our hands .. If your happy with the final product then it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

I 'got' the PC version to see if it plays any different than the 360 ver.

I can't believe they put the stumble shit back in at the last moment. WTF is going on at Konami HQ?
This is one of the things I loved about the demos; the stumbling was short and controllable. Why in the world would they roll back to this nonsense?

left stick, and im holding rb, which isnt special button but dash...

so your saying hold a direction then rb? im pretty sure im doing that

I 'got' the PC version to see if it plays any different than the 360 ver.

I can't believe they put the stumble shit back in at the last moment. WTF is going on at Konami HQ?
This is one of the things I loved about the demos; the stumbling was short and controllable. Why in the world would they roll back to this nonsense?

Huh? Haven't experienced such, stumbling is the same in demos and retail over here.

Im confused too .. Read all day posts saying the AI is manic (even videos of Barca doing it but this was kinda showing how they actually play) on not just the PC but on the consoles too ... NOW people have gone the opposite so i guess i dunno who to believe (more have said the high pressure is more noticeable in the retail copy though)...

Its not so much the presence of pressure as it is how smart the pressure is, pressure by itself is useless if its not smart pressure.

Also sincover is right I noticed the stumbling animation too but only when I ran towards the goal line is when the opposition used their hands to apply the "stumbling" animation and I couldn't do anything else after, like the usual pes 2011.

If it's true that AI teams more or less all play the same way, that's a pretty massive step backwards - wasn't that the whole 'key feature' of PES 2011? (aside from not sucking like other new PES's ;)

If you leave gaps the AI will go for it. You have to be closing off the options really well. Just like real life I suppose. If you leave room to run into, why wouldn't a team attack the space. Ok to an extent. I know what people mean though in this game. It can seem a bit end to end sometimes. I haven't played the full game yet so I'll have to make my own judgements down the track.

Actually, it's an actual issue with the game on the 360, unresponsive controls on controller 1. Jon Murphy said the team is aware of it and working on patching it (it was on demo 2, meaning it made it into the retail game).

Ok I was just checking :P

This is a bonus for getting the game 2 weeks after everyone else. Hopefully bugs are sorted by that time!

Huh? Haven't experienced such, stumbling is the same in demos and retail over here.

Here is an example: I'm through on goal, the moment I press the shot button the player stumbles and somehow the defender (even though he is still behind me) manages to clear the ball.
arghargf | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6168/6190353019_4c7b3c5d9a_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6190353019@@AMEPARAM@@4c7b3c5d9a

Final version is not as bad as I initially thought, exhibition games feel very similar to the demo. Master League is another can of worms, which is perhaps why my initial impressions were so dim.

Here is an example: I'm through on goal, the moment I press the shot button the player stumbles and somehow the defender (even though he is still behind me) manages to clear the ball.
arghargf | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Final version is not as bad as I initially thought, exhibition games feel very similar to the demo. Master League is another can of worms, which is perhaps why my initial impressions were so dim.

C'mon sin, the ball distance to defender is close enough for him to clear, at the same time the duration of stumbling player also does not stumble that long by it looks, do we need only one step stumbling animation ? :P

If an attacker gets dispossessed most of the time because of stumbling as per PES 2011 regardless his stats. Then yes it is back on form. Do you see that throughout your games ?

Last edited:
C'mon sin, the ball distance to defender is close enough for him to clear, at the same time the duration of stumbling player also does not stumble that long by it looks, do we need only one step stumbling animation ? :P

If an attacker gets dispossessed most of the time because of stumbling as per PES 2011 regardless his stats. Then yes it is back on form. Do you see that throughout your games ?

You are probably right. I only saw it about 3 or 4 times tonight. I think the issue is that once the cpu 'locks' on to your player and is behind, several stumbling animations can occur. The result is not exactly identical to PES 2011 but let's just say it brings back some bad memories :P

Another crazy thing in my xbox version is that in free training mode, the goal/nets are different on each end of the field. One has solid white nets, the other, dark barely visible nets.

Is anyone else seeing this in free training mode?

Another crazy thing in my xbox version is that in free training mode, the goal/nets are different on each end of the field. One has solid white nets, the other, dark barely visible nets.

Is anyone else seeing this in free training mode?

I'll check later tonight.

Okay, enjoying the actual gameplay, but a few early thoughts on the PS3 version.

Why are Konami so sloppy?

1. First match, played a Dutch team who wear yellow. The ref? In almost the exact same shade of yellow.
2. Graphics are still woeful in 'game' mode. Replays are okay. Had thought people said this was a 'demo' thing, can confirm it looks just as bad as the demoes. Embarrassing next to other games in this era.
3. I understand last minute transfers and what not are tough to get in ahead of release. Fine. But that small team that is Manchester United don't have their starting central midfielder, Tom Cleverley. He's not in the game. FFS.

These things are just so unprofessional.

Re: that stumbling animation. I had a forward locked in with a defender as i was going 1 v 1 with the keeper. They jostled for a good 5-10 metres as they approached the box with my player eventually winning. Looked awesome.

I have seen some stumbles but sometimes the player can recover in time to keep the ball. Nothing wrong with it from what I've seen.

Some have asked for a video of the live broadcast cam so here you go. Notice how the camera changes angles sometimes, so you get disoriented. The camera definitely takes some getting used to, but the game plays out much better than on Wide. Professional difficulty, 0 gamespeed, passing 0 assistance :

Live Broadcast Cam

P.S: Sorry about the quality and the black bars.

Thanks mate appreciate it - broadcast looks better this year. It is not perfect but it's good seeing KONAMI looking to recreate a legitimate TV style presentation.

Some have asked for a video of the live broadcast cam so here you go. Notice how the camera changes angles sometimes, so you get disoriented. The camera definitely takes some getting used to, but the game plays out much better than on Wide. Professional difficulty, 0 gamespeed, passing 0 assistance :

Live Broadcast Cam

P.S: Sorry about the quality and the black bars.
Thanks for video...
Nice camera
I'm curious: which was the level of difficulty and speed?

I liked Broadcast cam last year for a fair while. With the extra smoothness in play it should be good this year. Especially good when you're having a shot on goal ;)

Interesting to see the camera change angles when you're in the corner! I was banging on about having a camera that dynamically changed during the game. Remember that convo Lami? Then again, I'm also sure I mentioned an idea about using the right stick to select players to make runs with...I just can't find the post to prove it lol. Might have been on the FIFA threads. How do I do a search for all my posts :P

Okay, enjoying the actual gameplay, but a few early thoughts on the PS3 version.

1. First match, played a Dutch team who wear yellow. The ref? In almost the exact same shade of yellow.
2. Graphics are still woeful in 'game' mode. Replays are okay. Had thought people said this was a 'demo' thing, can confirm it looks just as bad as the demoes. Embarrassing next to other games in this era.
3. I understand last minute transfers and what not are tough to get in ahead of release. Fine. But that small team that is Manchester United don't have their starting central midfielder, Tom Cleverley. He's not in the game. FFS.

Our best central defender Marcus Nilsson that left to Utrecht this summer is not in the game either, and Guidetti from Man C is not in the game either and never has. He's on loan to Feyenoord now.

My personal opinion, as someone who works in software development - this game wasn't finished. Or rather, its development cycle was interrupted to get it out to market.

To me it feels like a game that was on its way to being great, but with a relatively short list of things left to fix, the development team were told 'sorry chaps, that's all we've got, balance out where you're at'.

There are just too many fundamental flaws for a 'major' game for me. Between the broken player switching, broken 'bouncing ball' physics and relatively frequent 'stand around doing nothing bug' this game is just not done.

I can handle it in sandbox games, because those are massive and hard to control, but man, I feel somewhat short changed by this experience.

The worst bit is that they get so much so right, but then just don't finish it.

Cleverly is there, he's on the team he was on loan to last year (can't remember who it was at the moment?). Anyway he's there :)

Cleverly is there, he's on the team he was on loan to last year (can't remember who it was at the moment?). Anyway he's there :)

Yep eventually found him. But imo that's really not good enough from Konami. He's been with United since late May, played the whole preseason and for the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom