PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

As long as they remove the shitty A.I bias when taking throw ins, i'll be happy. I was hammering the pause button about twenty bloody times to pause it to make a sub only for the CPU to make a Godlike quick throw in that no human player can ever dream of matching.

to me the ball physics are weird in some places the ball is heavy really good but overall not realistic. regarding animations; its just not impossible to make it fluid with all the stuff they implemented, it will take years,so get over it. i hate it to but don't get you hopes up for 2013.

i hate players coming to a complete stop after passing or shooting the ball, easy to fix konami. And o yeah! KONAMI if you want to have goalkeeper animation, you should create an area where actors can dive. the place you are using now is impossible, even for an actor, to dive without breaking his arm or leg. No wonder the GK animations are bad.

Last edited:
system pass is robotic 4 years ago...

you view video and exclaim "what is this f**d shit?"

2009-2010-2011-2012....always robotic..360º? where?

more graphics, more nets, more pique in supersaiyajin gokuh....but, where is the game? where is the new fluid moves? bah....i will wait demo, but this year is same....

Agree x1,000,000: If I can't play like Barca or Spain with every team in this game I'm not buying.

Decent video if not spectacular. Not a lot to go on there if I'm honest - the people who are desperately upset are either clutching at straws or have an irrational hatred for PES.

It's on regular AI for the demo purposes so there's not much to see with regarding defensive AI and such.

Had another look at the ball physics and the issue from what I'm picking up on is it's that Konami think have overdone the weight at the 'valve' of the ball.

Whats very strange is it's like the ball is quite badly balanced in terms of it's weight distribution so the ball picks up too much air resistance when it's put initially into top spin then reverts to backspin!

I think that's actually due to the extreme slowdown effect they add to their every trailer...

Btw, Adam said that while this game is near perfection in terms of gameplay, even if the animations aren't the prettiest, but there's one major problem: Keepers. They're still looking very poor regarding animations and still reacting badly... he's saying that if they're not changed in recent code, he wants people to join up in a protest and make it clear for Konami that keepers are a big deal and can't be left for next year.

I find that I can struggle to know where the ball actually is whilst it's in the air at times. Much more so than any previous version

Anyone else find this?

Just beacause im bored, here is piku:

piku.jpg
[/url]

The animations are robotic still, i didn't thought it were that difficult to make an animation engine with the fluidity of fifa, nba2k games, etc

i think pes2011 has some decent qualitys about it, hope they dont mess the new version, a few tweeks would make this really good

1. A camera angle you can change to you liking-like early pes cant remember which versions

2. better crowd involvement-audio/visual

3..more injurys

4..weather conditions better, like wind/snow/rain

One of my biggest gripes with PES 2011 was the team AI. A lot of the time your team mates seemed like lifeless chess pieces; they simply had no sense of what was going on around them. I like what i'm seeing and hearing so far about off the ball movement, but i'm still very worried about what team mates do in tight situations. The game pretty much breaks down when the CPU team decides to put the pressure on. While it does increase the difficulty, it also results in a pretty shitty experience. Hopefully in PES 2012 i won't be defending an onslaught of top class players alongside 10 mentally challenged idiots.

I think that's actually due to the extreme slowdown effect they add to their every trailer...

Btw, Adam said that while this game is near perfection in terms of gameplay, even if the animations aren't the prettiest, but there's one major problem: Keepers. They're still looking very poor regarding animations and still reacting badly... he's saying that if they're not changed in recent code, he wants people to join up in a protest and make it clear for Konami that keepers are a big deal and can't be left for next year.

I hope so.
But one of the things I love from this trailer is how passes are going into space more often and how lateral passes like these will probably be more rewarded to keep the attacking play flowwing well. It may be a huge steps for players who like playing slower and more intelligent and cirative, instead of playing in high pace always looking forward (noob players).

When your teammate is more static, it will be nice to put a manual pass 2 feets ahead of him to make him move onto the ball's path and control it. This time I just hope the ai is not so stupid to make a simple move towards the ball.

Last edited:
Depart us from the so calle fluidity Fifa animations.

i'd rather having some animations being VISIUALY robotic than players skating all around the pitch in high speed, at least peS animations don't mars the gameplay mechanics, it's quite the opposite actually.

im feeling dirty playing fifa :(, it has the worst player models i've seen in a game, all the players behave almost the same, yet, i can't stand the
"old gen" feeling that pes has all over.

Just beacause im bored, here is piku:

piku.jpg
[/url]

The animations are robotic still, i didn't thought it were that difficult to make an animation engine with the fluidity of fifa, nba2k games, etc

that image is not ingame graphics it is a simulated video of pc graphics not by reality

Well, I don't know if anyone else noticed but there are some animations that tick me off.

Sometimes after an attack ends some of your players nearby starting applauding(clapping) and going forward. Sometimes it happens to the player that you're controlling, and the A.I takes complete control in that sense.

The big deal about this is sometimes while they're doing so, they're staying in an offside position as the opponent's defense go forward in unison.

Yeah I've seen that Zakov, but how many times do we see this happen in real-life ? The whole clapping or acknowledgement thing buys a lazy player time to catch his breath and amble back. I like it personally, and much prefer it to every player breaking his neck to get back onside after an attack breaks down. That isnt realistic. It's these little relevant touches that bring a smile to my face. You will never see the benefit of the defence 'pushing out' if there arent players from the opposing team getting left behind. It's how it is.

Well the problem is when this happened to me at times, the player I'm controlling goes in behind the goal posts.

Speaking of which, they also have to fix keepers going through the nets. :p

As far as the clapping animation goes, it just looks silly. Players usually applaud and retreat back to their positions, not applaud and move forward at the same time.

It probably does happen in real life but definitely not in that goofy sort of way.

I guess I'd probably mind it less if we can keep control of the players or cancel out the action.

Back
Top Bottom