PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Don't know who is the inter payer running down the right wing but I simpy love it that run. I need so much those kind of runs on the wings to build up my attack, but i will not necessarily look for a cross all the time.

Don't know who is the inter payer running down the right wing but I simpy love it that run. I need so much those kind of runs on the wings to build up my attack, but i will not necessarily look for a cross all the time.

Nagatomo Japanese/Inter Milan left back.

Who knows? We may get to the stage where we stop talking or even worrying about PES 2012 until release, because atm for there is so little to be worried about?

Only thing left I'm concerned about in gameplay is tricks (rabona's) and Keepers really. then shit like Numbers being too small, banners, chants and sizzle.

Honestly we need a proper gameplay video packed with everything. Most of the stuff is already hinted here and there, but still left to be seen (keepers, penalties, referee).

Is that video an hour long? I tried opening one of those links on my phone via youtube.

I can't load up an hour's worth of video at work or on my phone :(

thanks guys. not much there to be honest from a quick look but I suppose they had to get something ready for E3. I'm over the speculation until I see some "features" mentioned that we don't know about or until we get a demo or better trailer. Looks alright though :)

The game looks much improved. Serously, there are so much to talk about what to expect from the game after this video, so many details that i can't see in pes 2011.

Everything is being showed in super slow motion, although you can see nice improvements even on the passing game. For example, the passing from engand attack from 0:51 to 0:56 is amazing, it's what i had been asking for. It's briliant how nice the attacking play flows, passes going into space and the AI going towards the ball to control it like in real life. It seems to me that skilfull players now can make a pass into space with normal pass, but this also shows that this will take the manual modifier to a whole new level and open more possibilities (i just hate how the Ai in pes 2011 is so dumb to "read" a pass that is made into space and how slowy players react to these passes)

The black guy from England recieves the ball with his back at the spain defence, and then he makes (again) a lateral pass into space to the other one on the left to keep attacking play flowing. That lateral pass was the only and the best thing he could do to keep attacking play flowing, so lateral passes will probably be more neaded to succeed, and passing into space will also be much more rewardable in some circumstance, a nice touch for those who like to use manual modefier in specifics situations. The build up play and the attacking possibilities will be amazing (i hope so).

Then, the run from the CF was very complexive, it wasn't straight at all, neither a diagonal straigh run, he simply moved to the left side paying attention to the defence line, and what a briliant and realistic finnish. Beatiful shooting animation, never seen this in pes 2011. Pique could have intercepted easily with a header tho, but it's just the trailer after all, it's supposed to show goals and the flowing attackin play + dynamic runs.

The run from the inter player down the left wing was great too as I said, and I personaly love the cross animation and mainly the sneijder shooting animation, it fits perfect to the situation. Superb animation for the save too, perfect reaction for a top keeper.

1on 1 challenges are more dynamic then ever before. New dribbling possibilities, new tackles, new sliding tackles, and colisions system looks MUCH improved not only on "body vs body", but also body vs ball. Look at Nani vs french player and look at the physics, the ball hitting the feets of both payers, that's beautiful. The dribbling from Nani was great also, the drible from the internacional player (not the alessandro one) was fantastic, and the reaction animation from the defender being fooled is superb.

The France play at 2:00 is awesome. Love the shielding and that very light back touch for the finish, and that was another beautiful finish.

Love the ball controll and movement from Xavi at 2:12 and his killer pass. That's pure Xavi, and the run from Villas and his emocional expression is beatiful too.

ANyway, the only bad thing was just a pass animation from a spain player and also the other spain player anamation arms (Sergio Busquets ?) at 1:25. wtf... lol

I'm so looking forward to pes 2012!

Last edited:
Good trailer for what will hopefully be a very good game. Still hoping for a mention on manual shooting or the option for manual settings instead of clicking the modifier.

The play starting at about 1:57 is the best part of the trailer for me. Love the way Gourcuff holds up the play and gives Ribery the time to get into position for the return.

And when Ribery hits the shot, the other French player (Benzema?) moves out the way so the shot doesn't get blocked.

Having watched it again, I really like the overlapping run by the Inter winger and his cross animation looks natural. I still think the shooting animation looks a bit straight legged though.

The first goal volleyed in by the English player is a nice looking animation though.

Meh looks rigid. Fecking cutback at 1:09 and thru balls seem exploitive again. Come on Seabass

Most underwhelming video yet for me :(

No sign of Messi in those videos....hmmmmmmm. Cancelling my pre order

Last edited:
Cutback?? That's a cross, not a cutback.

To me a cutback is someone who runs to the byline then waits for a player who can tap into an open net, even though the player with the ball could have had a shot and scored himself but was too scared of the goalkeeper.

*Yawn*

A few new animations and some nice camera angles are doing nothing for me (and I'm an animator!).

Some-one wake me up when there are some real features announced - yeah yeah, Customized or Country-specific Master League Online leagues...

*ZZZzzz...*

This looks pretty much the finished product that 2011 should've been. I like what I'm seeing. It looks very natural and fluid. Gameplay looks much better. Things have much improved compared to 2011. That first goal looks fantastic.

A few things are a little off obviously, but nothing compared to the football goodness.

I haven't been very impressed by a PES trailer in a long time. I really like what this is showing us.

Last edited:
Some-one wake me up when there are some real features announced - yeah yeah, Customized or Country-specific Master League Online leagues...*ZZZzzz...*

:LOL:

exactly the most important features for a football game...

Same back spinning and weird ball physics. There are several situations where the ball should get top spin the way they kick up on the ball, but it's just like PES always have had with applying same spin all the time. The ball just moves very weird to me. Otherwise it looks OK I guess, defenders seem to be kind of like in PES 2011, just standing there while the pass goes over/at the side of them.

2:12 on E3 trailer

Terry behaves like in PES 2011, do nothing, doesn't intersect the ball same as in PES 2011 :FAIL:

He's behaving just as he would in real life :P

LOL! nice to see that pes 2011 is continued yes actually this was meant to be the game itself, no dramas. The game is actually intended to be this way, nice to see this forum is having alot of effect on the way things are revealed, some have already started to bag about the game, pes 2011 was actually so close to what most pes fans would want from the game, no major overhaul in graphics, the game in graphic terms have reached the limit of the gpu, so graphics can never be an improvement of this game from now on, this game is actually only dependant on gameplay and physics that's about all, it looks much mature and alot of intense gameplay yippee!

Last edited:
i think the trailer made with low AI level because they wants to show the pass and the movement from villa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKAgfHWs3U

He mentions about the biggest thing i wanted from this game the one on one situations will be based on the skills of each individual player with much better faints and sais they are easier to do rather than cpu bound that interrupted gameplay in pes 2011, otehr aspects are all about gameplay greatly looking forward to this game it's exactly in accordance to what i imagined wow wonderfull.

They fixed the entrance scene LOD and it seems that the keeper doesn't land on his belly anymore.

keeperq.png

Looks so so to me. Not much game play there to look at, the Heads seem slightly wrong on some of the animation, looking at the ball at slightly strange angles to their necks... not quite natural.

Still, early days.

:COOL:

Back
Top Bottom