PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I got confused on hollan squad and bayer munich squad :CONFUSE:

That's probably because i play with Bayer in pes 2011 way too much.

I'm very used to see roben and ribey playing together on the game. lol

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if anyone else noticed but there are some animations that tick me off.

Sometimes after an attack ends some of your players nearby starting applauding(clapping) and going forward. Sometimes it happens to the player that you're controlling, and the A.I takes complete control in that sense.

The big deal about this is sometimes while they're doing so, they're staying in an offside position as the opponent's defense go forward in unison.

Adam mentioned you no longer lose control of the players in these kind of stuff, including situations where you stumble.

Adam mentioned you no longer lose control of the players in these kind of stuff, including situations where you stumble.

And what about the situations in wich the ball is deflected and thus it's not in possession, players react fast enough ? The cursor picks up the player who's closer to tha ball ?

If they fix these minor but importamt issues :WORSHIP:

And what about the situations in wich the ball is deflected and thus it's not in possession, players react fast enough ? The cursor picks up the player who's closer to tha ball ?

If they fix these minor but importamt issues :WORSHIP:

Dunno, but that's a good question, will try to ask him :)

That's great to hear. And credit to KONAMI for noticing these small details and trying to fix/improve on them.

Any mention on keepers going through nets? It's infuriating to watch, especially during free-kicks and sometimes shots on goal.

I'm talking about when the keeper goes through the net and drags a massive portion of it along his body and somehow goes through it in the end.

Again, small details but still pisses me off whenever I come across it.

Any news if the defending system from the PES 2011 demo will be included? And also the dribbling without gimping the attackers in favour of the defenders? I felt the Demo had a more natural movement from considered defending to all out counter attack with a burst of pace. I can see why those two were nixed from the final game (My speculation is balance issues. The poor AI defending would have broken the game).

Any news if the defending system from the PES 2011 demo will be included? And also the dribbling without gimping the attackers in favour of the defenders? I felt the Demo had a more natural movement from considered defending to all out counter attack with a burst of pace. I can see why those two were nixed from the final game (My speculation is balance issues. The poor AI defending would have broken the game).

Adam yesterday:
Someone asked about pace? So the rubber banding AI is gone. Result!

I previously spoke about sending through Alves 1-on-1 v Inter. That way a diagonal run where I cut inside Chivu, as I ran infield to the goal the gap stayed consistent, maybe even expanded.

Will they include more stadiums this year ?

It is a shame that over previous iterations of this game that certain stadiums have disappeared such as the Stade Velodrome.

Any ideas on an improved stadium edit mode ?

Thank goodness for all the dedicated stadium builders we do have.

What difficulty are you playing on? On higher difficulties the keeper almost always comes out to narrow the angle. There is a glitch that makes them inactive sometimes though.

Professional level. It's the glitch that I meant, really.
It seems to happen if you have a "controlled " shot, such as shoot/another button.

Not an awful lot I could make out of that trailer. I believe it's on a lower difficulty, not necessarily so they could show certain aspects (surely the staff at Konami could make something trailer worthy while playing Top player) but because there are loads of people that like games like this to be easy. Remember last years gametrailers review of PES 2011, they praised the game, but the video was just some player walking through the defense time and time again to score an easy goal. It was like watching a horror movie. For anyone who plays regular PES every year, there is just one usable difficulty level, Top player. Also I hope they tone down the speed settings so that everyone can set it to their tastes, right now it is moderately fast up to light speed.

Will they include more stadiums this year ?

It is a shame that over previous iterations of this game that certain stadiums have disappeared such as the Stade Velodrome.

Any ideas on an improved stadium edit mode ?

Thank goodness for all the dedicated stadium builders we do have.

I hope so but not confident they will add many more. The dreaded exclusive licensing issue seems to have affected stadia on this generation of consoles. Notice how Konami no longer make fake real-life stadia like they used to in the days of the 'Red Cauldron' and 'Trad Brick'? :))

All we get now is loads of generic stadia, which is a shame. I really want the Westfalenstadion back, as well as the Stade Velodrome, Parc des Princes, Mestalla, Ennio Tardini, de Kuip etc. And some new ones like the Allianz Arena and the Donbass Arena.

who cares about fake names, just bring all the stadiums from pes6 to pes2012. it's easy to rename them.

or at least half of them. it's a shame they have almost the same stadiums since pes 2009.

who cares about fake names, just bring all the stadiums from pes6 to pes2012. it's easy to rename them.

or at least half of them. it's a shame they have almost the same stadiums since pes 2009.

Konami's legal department probably do for the same reason they aren't allowed a fake Bundesliga.

I think it's quite clear that stadia are now exclusively licensed the same way clubs are. That's why PES will never feature stadia like the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Allianz, Stade Gerland etc......

They're most likely all tied up by EA. Hence why Konami introduced the stadium editor.

I hope so but not confident they will add many more. The dreaded exclusive licensing issue seems to have affected stadia on this generation of consoles. Notice how Konami no longer make fake real-life stadia like they used to in the days of the 'Red Cauldron' and 'Trad Brick'? :))

All we get now is loads of generic stadia, which is a shame. I really want the Westfalenstadion back, as well as the Stade Velodrome, Parc des Princes, Mestalla, Ennio Tardini, de Kuip etc. And some new ones like the Allianz Arena and the Donbass Arena.

Yes, Licences constrict Konami heavily, just look at the bundersliga issue, they can't even do what they used to do with is put unlicensed representations of german teams or even fake versions of players in that league. I find that ridiculous! I really do It's amazing how Spiteful licenses are these days, i think they should be able to just implement them like in PES 5!

What i found more unbelievable for me is the libertadores licensing restriction where apparently they are prevented from putting in with the rest of the teams ingame :RANT:

As for stadiums i think it's true there's not much they can do about Anfield, they can't rename it red cauldron and stick it back in :( EA would be up in arms! But i want to know what happened to The Rasunda stadium and others like that, Veladrome etc.. They must be getting prevented for putting them in surely.

You know what. Do any good lawyers out there love PES? We need some justice, we need someone to sort out the licensing issue and unfair restrictions!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - exclusive and expensive licensing is not just killing football games, it's killing sports games in general.

There is a way Konami could get around the restrictions. They could put the individual parts of the various grounds in the stadium editor. For instance all four stands at Anfield could be tucked away in the editor so an unlicensed Anfield could be built by the user. I can't see how that would violate any licensing laws.

It's what Konami used to do with player faces back in the day. Real player faces were in the player editor so they could be applied to the unlicensed players.

Yes, Licences constrict Konami heavily, just look at the bundersliga issue, they can't even do what they used to do with is put unlicensed representations of german teams or even fake versions of players in that league. I find that ridiculous! I really do It's amazing how Spiteful licenses are these days, i think they should be able to just implement them like in PES 5!

What i found more unbelievable for me is the libertadores licensing restriction where apparently they are prevented from putting in with the rest of the teams ingame :RANT:

As for stadiums i think it's true there's not much they can do about Anfield, they can't rename it red cauldron and stick it back in :( EA would be up in arms! But i want to know what happened to The Rasunda stadium and others like that, Veladrome etc.. They must be getting prevented for putting them in surely.

You know what. Do any good lawyers out there love PES? We need some justice, we need someone to sort out the licensing issue and unfair restrictions!

Licenses and legal issues with PES can be compared with the state of the rest of the world currently. The "Big" Ones have the legal right do do everything, fraud and crime is legislated these days, while the "Small" Ones struggle to even have the right to breathe. And all because of money...

I'm sure exclusive licensing deals in video games could violate EU anti-competition regulations, but I don't know enough about them to know if this is the case.

I'm sure exclusive licensing deals in video games could violate EU anti-competition regulations, but I don't know enough about them to know if this is the case.

Didn't EA lost a exclusive licensing deal recently already because of the american equivalent, the antitrust law? Think it was with Madden.

But I wonder what Konami, a Japanese company, could do about it.

Didn't EA lost a exclusive licensing deal recently already because of the american equivalent, the antitrust law? Think it was with Madden.

That's news to me. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll look into it. After striking an exclusive deal with the NFL and pushing the superior NFL2K game out of the market, Madden is a fine example of a how a video game franchise can stagnate through lack of competition and hence lack of impetus to innovate.

We had all better hope that FIFA never gets in a position where it can force PES out of the market with it's financial muscle.

But I wonder what Konami, a Japanese company, could do about it.

I think the laws apply to companies trading in Europe, regardless of where in the world they are based. EA could be seen as unfairly skewing the market in it's direction through it's superior financial power.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - exclusive and expensive licensing is not just killing football games, it's killing sports games in general.

There is a way Konami could get around the restrictions. They could put the individual parts of the various grounds in the stadium editor. For instance all four stands at Anfield could be tucked away in the editor so an unlicensed Anfield could be built by the user. I can't see how that would violate any licensing laws.

It's what Konami used to do with player faces back in the day. Real player faces were in the player editor so they could be applied to the unlicensed players.

Yep, exactly, they used to do this with the boot editor in PES5, you could even make Nike boots, which for PES5, an Addidas licenced game, was Tabboo!

I know, EA know if they buy up all the licenses and lock them down across the sports game board. Consumers have no choice but to buy into their product no matter how shit it is!

Thank god they didn't sure up the basketball one :)

True, they have done' this in a way. Witht he stadium editor it seems as if you could make Goodison Park and Vicente Calderon look very much like their real life stadiums. Your right they should try do this with Anfield and other real life stadiums such as Dortmunds, Arsenals, chelsea etc...

Also they really do need to expand the amount of teams you can edit in the game! i mean I want at least 9-10 extra leagues. I don't even mnd if they put 10 leagues full of fake teams you could edit. You can choose wheather or not to implement them in Europe or have your own rest of the World Master league etc.. Many people love pes for it's freedom to edit the game.

The only thing that would require is an official separately released online editor so people could create and swap option file data easily. Then again i thought i would have been possible for one of the PC editors to be tweaked so you could edit PS3 files or do they have some sort of lock on them?

I thought Stadium Editor was a decent first attempt in PES 2011.
Hopefully they will kill off the stupid cartoons and add a few new stands.
If you could make the current false stadia (Orione, Ville Marie, Palenque etc) in Stadium Editor, that would be great.
I'm sure Konami could get more licenses than the ones they already have, even if it's not the big guns, like Allianz, Emirates,Stamford Bridge.

I know, EA know if they buy up all the licenses and lock them down across the sports game board. Consumers have no choice but to buy into their product no matter how shit it is!

Thank god they didn't sure up the basketball one :)

Don't even joke about it! It's unthinkable that such a ground-breaking game like NBA2K would be forced out of the market. NBA Live was a stinking shit in comparison. EA have taken time out with that franchise to try and catch up and re-emerge as NBA Elite.

My fear is that one day EA will, rather than try and improve their game, just throw a load of money at the NBA to try and get exclusivity and solve the problem that way. They've done it with the NFL and I don't see why they wouldn't try and do it again.

Back to PES - I really don't understand why the Bundesliga (and the Premier League for that matter) wishes to strike exclusive deals with EA? PES has the kind of global reach in emerging markets that FIFA can only dream of. Surely getting your brand out to a bigger audience is more important than exclsuivity? It would be worth more money in the long run as PES does very well in Asia, one of football's key target markets.

Don't even joke about it! It's unthinkable that such a ground-breaking game like NBA2K would be forced out of the market. NBA Live was a stinking shit in comparison. EA have taken time out with that franchise to try and catch up and re-emerge as NBA Elite.

My fear is that one day EA will, rather than try and improve their game, just throw a load of money at the NBA to try and get exclusivity and solve the problem that way. They've done it with the NFL and I don't see why they wouldn't try and do it again.

Back to PES - I really don't understand why the Bundesliga (and the Premier League for that matter) wishes to strike exclusive deals with EA? PES has the kind of global reach in emerging markets that FIFA can only dream of. Surely getting your brand out to a bigger audience is more important than exclsuivity? It would be worth more money in the long run as PES does very well in Asia, one of football's key target markets.

It's because of the editing i believe. In Aisa They buy the game, they have their Barca, United already on there and are happy to edit and put either their league, their team or organize their nations teams and play it. Give them a ton of editing space and there's no end to what they could do.

As for the Bundersliga, again. i just don't understand why Konami aren't at least allowed to do what they do currently with The Premiership which is have 2 team licensed and have the rest of the league unlicensed with the full squads there just with fake team names and kits? That pisses me off!

From the looks of Madden btw. from the clips i've seen. I mean we moan about FIFA but FIFA is great compared to this shite :LMAO:

YouTube - Madden 10 - Tron Jogging

YouTube - Madden NFL 2011 - Never In My Life !!!

Tron anyone? :LMAO: What is it with EA games and crap AI?

You don't need to worry about the NBA, they signed multi year renewal deals recently with both 2K and EA.

I do hope Konami can find a loophole somewhere and bring back the fake Bundesliga teams again, so many players missing from Master League.

Madden games are pure crap, even on tech terms. Compared to FIFA and even PES it's absolute garbage, dated graphics, very odd animations, riddled with bugs, strange "eggball" physics and more clipping issues than you've ever seen in any PES/FIFA.

I thought Stadium Editor was a decent first attempt in PES 2011.
Hopefully they will kill off the stupid cartoons and add a few new stands.
If you could make the current false stadia (Orione, Ville Marie, Palenque etc) in Stadium Editor, that would be great.
I'm sure Konami could get more licenses than the ones they already have, even if it's not the big guns, like Allianz, Emirates,Stamford Bridge.

I agree, as a first attempt i think it has been reasonably good (especially with your adboard selector) but i think they just want to maybe test the water. But i do expect a far better version than the current one.

But who knows knowing konami 2012 could see it disappear completly into the Konami triangle, then replaced by the option to have characters from the Left4Dead series in teams!:CONFUSE:

Btw Hicksy your Avatar is very funny, it inspired me to change mine. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom