PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Ball control, is just fine (indivuality/skills/feel are spot on)

I agree with most what you wrote but this is just ridicilous, do you even watch soccer?

Players have way too good ball control ( this goes specially for defenders ) since I can dribble around players with the likes of Vidic etc..

Comparison Demo's to Full game:
Only gameplay/AI based on 10min games on Professional

+++Positives
Shooting (weight/physics/chip shots/feints)
Passing/Early cross (feel, i can make every pass i want and it makes sense)
Committing/Hold up play (:r2:+:x: system)
Slide Tackles are faster and better overall
Through ball/Lofted are fairly balanced

Ball control, is just fine (indivuality/skills/feel are spot on)

Player awareness is very good, hardly had complaints about players not doing what i wanted them to do or not knowing what was going on depending on where the ball/players are etc.

Attack-Defence ratio overall feels very VERY balanced

Active AI superb, in defence and on offence (my team)
Cpu AI, feels more like demo 1 which is good (in attack)
Positioning AI in general is very good for both human/cpu (in defence)

Penalties, i don't care so much about those. They're ok

Freekicks are like Pes5 as in SUPER easy, but i like it

Off the ball control, while not mastered to say the least is nice, and seems fair thusfar (too noob with this can't really comment)

---Negatives
Blind passes and 'impossible' passes / accuracy a bit too high for both human and cpu (if i play on pass settings 2 it's equal to CPU standards)

Crossing in the box feels too assisted (too accurate)

Air duels is a bit too random for my taste (Forlan 'and others like him' beating defenders consistently in the air is just mehh) Supercancel doesn't work or barely has any use in these cases

+-Random Not quite sure yet
Ref's are dumbed down (not as strict like demo) Barely calls for anything that happens in the box (WAS perfect in demo)

Goalies, while i find them very good they still have that awkwardness about them (you have to play/see it to know what i'm talking about) Lack of awareness/response at times (?)

Top teams could do some more 'patient' possession/build up play.

Supercancel is more of a negative than a positive in most cases whereas it always used to be a positive (not too sure about this yet)

-OVERALL feeling-

Very good and fun game, has a lot of depth to it.. and i'm still getting familiar with it each and every time i play it. My main gripes are with the more apparent cpu cheating (more obvious than in demo imo) but that doesn't ruin the game for me by the slightest just want to point out my 'beef' with these issues.

With every game i play, i'm also trying to understand why some things happen the way they do, and i usually conclude that it has to do with not only the game's philosophy but also gameplay balance.

End

Very nice review!
Thanks for it..

Did you feel final version harder than demo 2 as many people said, or not?

Ok, so does anybody else want to join the 'I dont have PES 12 yet and it's fricking killing me, Club' ?

I'm in the Club unfortunately, and seems i will be in the club till tomorrow evening or if i am more unlucky, i will stay in the club the thursday. :COAT:

If i will like the online maybe i will be joining PEEL ;) Anyone already using Wisla Krakow? (i know i will be losing every match with them but i am going to live in Poland so i want to give them a try :D )

poor Jim, you really oughta check out blimp cam. Why don't you import it?

Stop tempting me already......... :CONFUSE:

Is the Blimp Cam not too far away, it looks like a side-on Kick-Off 2 from the photos.

I'm in the Club unfortunately, and seems i will be in the club till tomorrow evening or if i am more unlucky, i will stay in the club the thursday. :COAT:

If i will like the online maybe i will be joining PEEL ;) Anyone already using Wisla Krakow? (i know i will be losing every match with them but i am going to live in Poland so i want to give them a try :D )

Wisla weren't in PES 11 but the boss and admin of PEEL had them in the last season of PES 10. It's a random draw for PEEL, but there will be a transfer option, so it is possible. :)

Last edited:
Very nice review!
Thanks for it..

Did you feel final version harder than demo 2 as many people said, or not?

Yes i think it's harder, but i feel that the cpu scripts are more in effect so to speak.

For ex, there are games where you get chance after chance, but you don't score or just barely. Cpu just gets one chance (or barely a chance) and they score. I don't mind the cpu being clinical but it's 'too' obvious that if the cpu wants that goal they're going to get it regardless. Whether it be via crossing or just a random scrimmage situation where they end up with the ball in a good position without actually really playing well and/or smart.

In some situations, scrimmages or the majority of time in matches the cpu tends to get the ball 'automatically vacuumed thing'

In air duels the cpu scripting is also more apparent, they can win every ball (if they want) depending on the situation and flow of the game and match mode at hand.
Sometimes, you have 4 defenders in the back, cpu has just 1 attacker in your box, they cross and goal (this tends to happen more than in the demo)
I don't mind conceding goals via crosses but with just 1 attacker (not just world class striker/target man) in the box conceding 2 goals sometimes in a match is a bit too ambitious for my taste.
-
All around the pitch they can beat you too (in air) and you can't really do anything except hope you were already positioned well(=automatically by AI/stats)

In general the cpu on attack feels like demo 1 (which was very challenging) but more balanced in full game, because i felt the gameplay was too loose in demo 1. But at times, it's just too obvious they 'cheat' to keep it challenging and keep the user on its toes AT ALL TIMES.

In the demo, to me this was not as blatant. I think all of these things, combined with somewhat easier 'mindless' pressuring and less strict refeering the AI has 'become' stronger (or more challenging depending on how you experience it)

Just my opinion on 2 days of play, but i didn't notice some of these things in the demo and almost instantly noticed these annoyances during a few games in full game. And even more so after playing it for hours :SMUG:

It doesn't feel unbalanced though, i hope you don't read this the wrong way.. AND these are only my thoughts about it :BYE:

Yes i think it's harder, but i feel that the cpu scripts are more in effect so to speak.

For ex, there are games where you get chance after chance, but you don't score or just barely. Cpu just gets one chance (or barely a chance) and they score. I don't mind the cpu being clinical but it's 'too' obvious that if the cpu wants that goal they're going to get it regardless. Whether it be via crossing or just a random scrimmage situation where they end up with the ball in a good position without actually really playing well and/or smart.

In some situations, scrimmages or the majority of time in matches the cpu tends to get the ball 'automatically vacuumed thing'

In air duels the cpu scripting is also more apparent, they can win every ball (if they want) depending on the situation and flow of the game and match mode at hand.
Sometimes, you have 4 defenders in the back, cpu has just 1 attacker in your box, they cross and goal (this tends to happen more than in the demo)
I don't mind conceding goals via crosses but with just 1 attacker (not just world class striker/target man) in the box conceding 2 goals sometimes in a match is a bit too ambitious for my taste.
-
All around the pitch they can beat you too (in air) and you can't really do anything except hope you were already positioned well(=automatically by AI/stats)

In general the cpu on attack feels like demo 1 (which was very challenging) but more balanced in full game, because i felt the gameplay was too loose in demo 1. But at times, it's just too obvious they 'cheat' to keep it challenging and keep the user on its toes AT ALL TIMES.

In the demo, to me this was not as blatant. I think all of these things, combined with somewhat easier 'mindless' pressuring and less strict refeering the AI has 'become' stronger (or more challenging depending on how you experience it)

Just my opinion on 2 days of play, but i didn't notice some of these things in the demo and almost instantly noticed these annoyances during a few games in full game. And even more so after playing it for hours :SMUG:

It doesn't feel unbalanced though, i hope you don't read this the wrong way.. AND these are only my thoughts about it :BYE:

Good to hear that it's not just in my head. This is exactly how I tend to always end up feeling about PES - particularly the more I play Master League.

I've always put it down to the fact that Konami aren't really a sports game company - their history is in making other types of games where CPU 'cheating' is the norm.

Then again it could just be that it's impossible to make a football game hard without it.

About the Import/Export option, just tried changing North London's name to Arsenal and changed their kit and badge, exported (took about a minute..), then defaulted back to North London, imported, and it did import the name Arsenal, the kit and the badge :) You can choose to import kits and badge only and keep your current squad or do it all. Only thing is, the chants went back to default after doing this. Also this import feature is per team, so you'll have to go one by one. Loading is easy though, but whoever's doing the exporting will take some time.

cool,that means all optionfile makers can pick teams they need(ie full bundesliga or championship) from other optionfile makers files that have them making the whole process much quicker,great news!

Good to hear that it's not just in my head. This is exactly how I tend to always end up feeling about PES - particularly the more I play Master League.

I've always put it down to the fact that Konami aren't really a sports game company - their history is in making other types of games where CPU 'cheating' is the norm.

Then again it could just be that it's impossible to make a football game hard without it.

Yeah i see the cheats as a way of trying to balance it out. I'm not feeling it's broken or anywhere near that, and i hope others don't feel 'cheated' by these things. But they (the cheats) sure as hell are more blatant than they were in the demo.

I miss the referee's from the demo, if they were as strict it would change a lot of things and situations that have occured thusfar in the retail. Won't go into specifics (already kind of have in short) because then it would become more like a very long rant, and it's still a bit too early for that.
But it's obvious that the refs are a huge part in the AI cheats hahaha:D

Damn those 'noobs' that were crying on Jon's Twitter saying refs are too strict!!:RANT: no offence.. (yeah right!)

Sorry to bring this up in this thread but can I add chants and kits to the XBOX 360 version? Just want to know so I can decide which version to get. Going to get it in about 30 minutes. Thanks.

JonMurphy_PES
@
@Ahmed_Dha7i 2nd demo is the same code as final code

For those that haven't played the final code, this^^ is nonsense. It differs (not saying in what way, to each his own to figure that out)

Ok so I just picked up the game. For some reason, its easier than demo 2 for me. I played with Milan against Inter and just dominated the possesion and shots on goal. Scored one goal from corner kick and in the next five minute of the game, Inter tied it with a long cross and a diving header from Eto'o and it ended 1-1.

Played few more and I have to agree with everyone who has already said that its more like demo 1. Demo 1 is hard but not like demo 2. Either way, the game is loads of fun. You won't be bored thats for sure.

Also, agreed on CPU cheating. Ehhh Konami!

pes20122011-09-2720-50-21-27.jpg

:COAT:

I really enjoyed both demos but after a dozen or so matches with the retail version, something finally "clicked." Absolutely adore the game right now, long may it continue.

Does any one else play on Live Broadcast? Switching to this camera is what made me truly enjoy this game. Strange...

I just tried it earlier. I must say, the game plays amazing on that camera! Seriously, it is a different game. The pace is much slower.

Here's something I (and others as well I'm sure) have mentioned before. The game plays at different speeds depending on a few factors. One I've found is the camera. On wide camera on default 0 speed, I find it a bit too fast sometimes. On pitchside, it's slower than wide. Having tried the live broadcast cam, the pace of the game is just perfect.

Now you can really "feel" the nuances of the dribbling, and you are able to shift weight, and wrongfoot the defender just by using the left stick and sprint. The one gripe I have is that you are not able to see too much of the pitch, and see the runs your teammates make sometimes. Also, the camera angle tends to change if you are at sidelines and you get disoriented for a while. Other than that, it's amazing. You guys should really try it and post some feedback.

I just tried it earlier. I must say, the game plays amazing on that camera! Seriously, it is a different game. The pace is much slower.

Here's something I (and others as well I'm sure) have mentioned before. The game plays at different speeds depending on a few factors. One I've found is the camera. On wide camera on default 0 speed, I find it a bit too fast sometimes. On pitchside, it's slower than wide. Having tried the live broadcast cam, the pace of the game is just perfect.

Now you can really "feel" the nuances of the dribbling, and you are able to shift weight, and wrongfoot the defender just by using the left stick and sprint. The one gripe I have is that you are not able to see too much of the pitch, and see the runs your teammates make sometimes. Also, the camera angle tends to change if you are at sidelines and you get disoriented for a while. Other than that, it's amazing. You guys should really try it and post some feedback.

Can you or someone post a vid with this Cam on xbox360?

watching the bayern-man city game,looks like pro evo on broadcast cam,konami really nailed the feel and look of it ,hopefuly the sound is up to scratch
LOL watching the MAdrid vs Ajax Match you have to admit there is very little wrong with the keepers in the demo. The goals are much bigger than a keeper can dive and I swear I have conceeded both goals in exactly the same fashion.

Back
Top Bottom