PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Not really noticed any change in the refs in the full game when I've played.

Interesting.. at first i didn't either. But the cpu seems to get away 'way easier' with fouls and 2 man pressure that result in fouls/over committing, and nothing happens.

In the penalty box you can just tackle (usually with X/pressure) and the referee is very lenient unlike in the demo where you'd be scared to make a foul (at least i was)

I'm not crying about over pressure or anything, but it just feels different to the demo; not as strict/consistent
Outside the box the referee's are still good and fairly consistent though

On a random note, all the ref's are black whats up with that?

Deflections, loose ball situations etc usually end up with the CPU (not talking about in the box but in general field play). A lot of people mentioned this during the demo and i never really noticed it or had been bugged with this, but now it's overly apparent in the full game. It's most probably a cpu cheat.

ALL the refs are black?! :LOL: I'll check when I get home.

I've noticed that the loose balls seem to be falling to the CPU more than they do to my players, and it might be happening more in the full game than it did in the demos as well. Annoying.

I hate playing on Top Player. Turns the game into a end-to-end, high pressure fest where you can't help but feel the AI gives itself a slight edge over you. So I swallowed my pride, went back to Professional and although I'm probably winning more games than I should, I have gone back to enjoying and appreciating the gameplay experience. So I'll stick to pro for now, maybe I just need to get better.

On a random note, all the ref's are black whats up with that?

Not here. I've found a referee sporting light green, which messed up the colors at a distance, 'cause Sporting's colors are green and white.

EDIT: Oh, if you mean skin color, I don't think I've seen any of them that's not white yet, actually!

Maybe it depends on the match mode you're playing?

Also, the loose ball thing I feel might be more in our minds than anything else - like the passing % that was checked a couple of pages ago ;)

I also find the referees to be more lenient, but mostly across the board. It isn't that different to demo 2, but sometimes I would expect them to call the fouls and they don't. Once again, maybe it's just a sampling thing, and we need to play more to see how it goes.

I don't have a problem with it, to be honest. :)

Weren't we meant to have an announcement about the DLC half an hour ago?

Last edited:
ALL the refs are black?! :LOL: I'll check when I get home.

I've noticed that the loose balls seem to be falling to the CPU more than they do to my players, and it might be happening more in the full game than it did in the demos as well. Annoying.

I played almost nonstop yesterday and yeah man ALL the refs (we had) were black. My mate and i were like wtf?! Lmao

We played at least 25+ games

I really enjoyed both demos but after a dozen or so matches with the retail version, something finally "clicked." Absolutely adore the game right now, long may it continue.

Does any one else play on Live Broadcast? Switching to this camera is what made me truly enjoy this game. Strange...

Not here. I've found a referee sporting light green, which messed up the colors at a distance, 'cause Sporting's colors are green and white.

Maybe it depends on the match mode you're playing?

Also, the loose ball thing I feel might be more in our minds than anything else - like the passing % that was checked a couple of pages ago ;)

I also find the referees to be more lenient, but mostly across the board. It isn't that different to demo 2, but sometimes I would expect them to call the fouls and they don't. Once again, maybe it's just a sampling thing, and we need to play more to see how it goes.

I don't have a problem with it, to be honest. :)

Weren't we meant to have an announcement about the DLC half an hour ago?

I meant skin color/tone when i said they were all black. But yeah, i'm quite sure i will spot some white refs.. eventually.

The refs are indeed more lenient and it's ok, but in the box it's just crap. Mindless pressing X in your own box didn't work in the demo and now it does, that is pretty huge to me personally.:CONFUSE:
In general a LOT of feedback complaints Jon Murphy got on his twitter were on fouls/strictness so it got changed, that is overly obvious.. too bad i wasn't complaining

I don't know yet about the loose ball thing because it were others that mentioned this since i didn't really pay attention to this. But if my friends keep telling me, damn 'every' ball gets vacuumed to the cpu then you start to notice these things.

As little as these annoyances sound/read or maybe seem/are to some.. They impact the overall feel of the game in a negative way for not just me but close people i play with. In the demo i wasn't even concerned with this, but more with inconsistent passing/shooting here and there. Now those are fine and it's the ref/cpu scripts that are just obvious to me

I really enjoyed both demos but after a dozen or so matches with the retail version, something finally "clicked." Absolutely adore the game right now, long may it continue.

Does any one else play on Live Broadcast? Switching to this camera is what made me truly enjoy this game. Strange...

Please explain for us poor buggers that don't have the game what is 'Live Broadcast' camera???? Is this a new camera angle? As far as I knew the only new angles were 'Pitchside'. I've also heard there is a new camera option called 'blimp'??? Some one put me out of my misery ;) I'm referring to PS3 not modded PC

Last edited:

Hey Lami, I also would love to know
the answer to this question :) cheers mate
Sorry I forgot about this :P I'll check right after this BAL game.
Please explain for us poor buggers that don't have the game what is 'Live Broadcast' camera???? Is this a new camera angle? As far as I knew the only new angles were 'Pitchside'. I've also heard there is a new camera option called 'blimp'??? Some one put me out of my misery ;) I'm referring to PS3 not modded PC
Isn't live broadcast the new cam introduced in PES 2011? Also blimp cam is a very far cam, much farther than wide. Don't think I can use it because I can barely see anyone :LOL: Also I sit pretty far from my TV though so it doesn't help, which makes me use a close cam.

About the 1.01 PC patch, there's nothing official from JMurphy or Konami or any official changelog. Maybe is only the MyPes update like they said before :THINK:

Comparison Demo's to Full game:
Only gameplay/AI based on 10min games on Professional

+++Positives
Shooting (weight/physics/chip shots/feints)
Passing/Early cross (feel, i can make every pass i want and it makes sense)
Committing/Hold up play (:r2:+:x: system)
Slide Tackles are faster and better overall
Through ball/Lofted are fairly balanced

Ball control, is just fine (indivuality/skills/feel are spot on)

Player awareness is very good, hardly had complaints about players not doing what i wanted them to do or not knowing what was going on depending on where the ball/players are etc.

Attack-Defence ratio overall feels very VERY balanced

Active AI superb, in defence and on offence (my team)
Cpu AI, feels more like demo 1 which is good (in attack)
Positioning AI in general is very good for both human/cpu (in defence)

Penalties, i don't care so much about those. They're ok

Freekicks are like Pes5 as in SUPER easy, but i like it

Off the ball control, while not mastered to say the least is nice, and seems fair thusfar (too noob with this can't really comment)

---Negatives
Blind passes and 'impossible' passes / accuracy a bit too high for both human and cpu (if i play on pass settings 2 it's equal to CPU standards)

Crossing in the box feels too assisted (too accurate)

Air duels is a bit too random for my taste (Forlan 'and others like him' beating defenders consistently in the air is just mehh) Supercancel doesn't work or barely has any use in these cases

+-Random Not quite sure yet
Ref's are dumbed down (not as strict like demo) Barely calls for anything that happens in the box (WAS perfect in demo)

Goalies, while i find them very good they still have that awkwardness about them (you have to play/see it to know what i'm talking about) Lack of awareness/response at times (?)

Top teams could do some more 'patient' possession/build up play.

Supercancel is more of a negative than a positive in most cases whereas it always used to be a positive (not too sure about this yet)

-OVERALL feeling-

Very good and fun game, has a lot of depth to it.. and i'm still getting familiar with it each and every time i play it. My main gripes are with the more apparent cpu cheating (more obvious than in demo imo) but that doesn't ruin the game for me by the slightest just want to point out my 'beef' with these issues.

With every game i play, i'm also trying to understand why some things happen the way they do, and i usually conclude that it has to do with not only the game's philosophy but also gameplay balance.

End

The more I play the game, the more I'm convinced Konami have to completely re-do goalkeeping animations to really satisfy the masses. I haven't found them particularly bad in the full version but they still make such a clumsy, wooden impression. They make good saves, their reaction times seem fine (except from headers) and as of yet I haven't seen many cheap rebound goals. But you still get the feeling they can screw up at any time: their movement, general behaviour and animations are so, so ridiculously poor.

Blimp camera

f2lttx.jpg

Live Broadcast

23m0j2x.jpg

2qa70uu.jpg

About the Import/Export option, just tried changing North London's name to Arsenal and changed their kit and badge, exported (took about a minute..), then defaulted back to North London, imported, and it did import the name Arsenal, the kit and the badge :) You can choose to import kits and badge only and keep your current squad or do it all. Only thing is, the chants went back to default after doing this. Also this import feature is per team, so you'll have to go one by one. Loading is easy though, but whoever's doing the exporting will take some time.

About the Import/Export option, just tried changing North London's name to Arsenal and changed their kit and badge, exported (took about a minute..), then defaulted back to North London, imported, and it did import the name Arsenal, the kit and the badge :) You can choose to import kits and badge only and keep your current squad or do it all. Only thing is, the chants went back to default after doing this. Also this import feature is per team, so you'll have to go one by one. Loading is easy though, but whoever's doing the exporting will take some time.

Is the typical method to 'rip' the original OF from the DVD onto PC, edit it there using the various tools and the put it all into a single new OF to import via USB? The editing/ patch forums here don't have a whisper about PS3 versions yet, so am happy to help if raw files are needed...

Can anyone confirm the BLES coding on the Geman release on 29th is the same as for all other EU releases.
I know it will be different to the UK release but maybe worth buying for the Option Files which are being produced.

Is the typical method to 'rip' the original OF from the DVD onto PC, edit it there using the various tools and the put it all into a single new OF to import via USB? The editing/ patch forums here don't have a whisper about PS3 versions yet, so am happy to help if raw files are needed...

I've no idea if that would work mate. We do everything on the PS3 afaik.

Back
Top Bottom