PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

To those that were asking - I sent a video to Jon Murphy about the weird scoop clearance that goes straight up in the air and also linked that video someone made about the goalkick bug. Wasn't sure from reading your post if you already had sent it to him or not.

Maybe - I've re-learned to shoot with the new system but suddenly finding I can hit them with a lot more power than before on the demo. Really good.

As others have mentioned, some shots that trickle along should be saved or let to run wide. Keeper should not fall on their side from a standing position and lunge with their hands. If that is the fix to be made by the patch then it will be a lot better.

And remind me not to give space to Sneijder outside the box. His shot is lethal...and Pazzini's headers are also. Individuality is good from what I've seen!

I hope they completely fix the GK. In the DEMO, the goalies make some great saves but some of the save animations are very clunky and unrealistic. Like when the goalies backpedal to push the ball over the net. That animation does not transition smoothly and looks akward.

Got the final version, and it seems to me anyone who thinks there are any real differences (ie speed) from the demo is placebo. I could be wrong, but I play on -1 speed and it feels exactly the same to me.

Game is absolutely fantastic, had some great multiplayer matches with my bro... so nice to actually be able to choose more than 3-5 teams.

The biggest issue i've seen by far that I hope they patch is that you can't over hit cross-field long balls, and it's really hard to overhit long balls in general, even when holding L2 for the manual long pass. It results in underpowered long balls in general, and obviously you should be able to over hit a long ball... you were able to in last years so I'm not sure what happened. The other problem, much smaller, is sometimes with the r2 sidestep, when you try to come out of it you lose the ball (I don't think it's based on stats, it just seems like a bug). I think this was in the demo as well.

The biggest issue i've seen by far that I hope they patch is that you can't over hit cross-field long balls, and it's really hard to overhit long balls in general, even when holding L2 for the manual long pass. It results in underpowered long balls in general, and obviously you should be able to over hit a long ball... you were able to in last years so I'm not sure what happened.

I think this goes back to what I was saying about too much assistance. I have hit fully powered L2 balls from just outside my box that are meant to land somewhere around the oppositions box but the bloody cpu decides its a pass meant for a guy at the half way line :RANT:

One tiny thing I've noticed is that they've removed that new scene showing a free kick taker running off to be replaced by a new one.

Fade to black again now.

I hope they completely fix the GK.

Me too. I have some (demo) games that would otherwise be very tight, but for the poor goalkeeping. I mean real basic stuff. I wouldn't mind an 'error' every 5-10 games maybe, but every game i play is a bit much for me. It looks like you'll really have to buy a good GK in ML to attempt to remedy this, if at all.

It's the only really good album they ever made, but i don't like that kind of music much...so i better shut up. It's just that i really liked his answer in this context. For some reason it must be one of the best posts i've ever read on this forum...

I played 8 games in total yesterday, 3 in TOP & 5 in Pro level. I have to say when the right back of UAE starts doing incredible moves it gets a tad annoying at top level.

Thing is while Pro level is much more balanced when defending, it lacks the challange level offered by top level when attacking. SO I am stuck between a more realistic (Professional) or a more challanging experience of play (TP).

I also need to state that on Top Player I have found no additonal pressure when compared to demo2 but I played only 3 games. Also when AI has a lead I definitely think they start playing a more possession style of football.

Ive read a tweet by John Murphy saying that the Goalkeepers will be fixed in DLC update after official release! It better be!

Playes a few games last night on the demo on prof. First lost with Spurs 0-1 against Rangers with alot of posession. Match after that I won with Spurs from Bayern with 0-4!! Lovin' every second of it! Scored 2 lucky goals (rebounds), a free kick and a well played attack and good finish from the 16m box. What a macth it was!

Regarding the substitution cutscenes, they are definitely in, and yes, as in previous years, they only show for the winning team - that's why you don't see them as much yet ;)

Yesterday I must have played 8-10 games, and I only won a couple... The rest was plain old butt-rape. I managed to keep the game 0-0 until 60-70 minutes or so, but then I usually suffered a goal, then I sent my men forward and ended up taking another goal... Sigh.

Playing just league mode, on Professional - waiting for the PS3 version to delve into the "real" modes :) The game feels good, but my main niggle is the passing. I can't, for the life of me, hit good passes on a regular basis... And it gets even more frustrating when I'm trying to turn a match around, and end up losing the ball foolishly up front. Also, I seem to consistently make weak first-touch passes when there's a crowd of players, even if I max out the power bar... Does this make sense? Playing on 1 passing assistance. 2 is overly assisted, and I'm scared of how 0 will be, if playing on 1 already makes my guys feel like they're playing with bricks on their feet...

I guess I'll have to get used to it - as usual :)

Also, played a match of BAL, and I liked it. The AI doesn't feel that much different to PES 2011, I have to say, but there is a difference - at least I felt that the team didn't depend on me as much. I was picked to play for Cesana (is that the right name...?). I then was suggested by my agent to select my favorite clubs, and when I selected Sporting, the next interaction I had with him was that Sporting had snubbed him immediately, so I really should work harder to get under their radar.

Loved it!

Cheers, have a great day.

Paulo

My copy arrived!

pes2012l.jpg

:D

Paulo, did you get asked to choose a club in BAL? Or did you just start at Cesena automatically?

@Lami :D DAMN YOU :D

And would you please check the stadium editor and how many slots we have on Ps3 this year?! Didn't see or read anything about thah yet!

Thanks in advance!

I have to wait 2 more weeks here in the Netherlands...

Last edited:
You lucky guy :P

Congrats man, I sure hope you enjoy it! Is it the UK version?

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares
Yea Paolo it's the UK version :)
@Lami :DAMN YOU :D

And would you please check the stadium editor and how many slots we have on Ps3 this year?! Didn't see or read anything about thah yet!

Thanks in advance!

I hav to wait 2 more weeks here in the Netherlands...
On it.

@Lami :D DAMN YOU :D

Thanks in advance!

I have to wait 2 more weeks here in the Netherlands...
Created 20 stadiums, add to them the 13 fake ones which you can edit and you have a total of 33 editable stadiums.
:APPLAUD: yeh Lami.
Can you extract ENGLISH commentary from PS3 version & upload it for us ?

How do I do that?

Regarding BAL, are your stats more realistic this time?

Back
Top Bottom