PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Minor issue i know, but I read somewhere that they've decided to put replays after every single f****** foul like last year. Is this true? The demo only shows replays after bad sliding tackles and because of this the game flows far better. Have they really gone back to making us press start after every minor foul?!

No they don't have replays after every foul.

Hopefully that BAL game was a one off, had another game since and it was much better. Unfortunately I wasn't and played awful.

I hate being benched.

Hrm, not liking the sounds of all this. Another quick q for those more experienced in PS3 matters:

As option files are region locked - does anyone end up making them for the US version? Does anyone know how difficult that would be? I'm happy to put in some time to convert if it's just labour-intensive.

Sigh, I'm ignoring all feedback now until I try it myself. For every person who says it's too fast, someone else says speed is unchanged. Some say too many replays, others say it's the same. Some say the AI pressure is ramped up, others say it's not. I've never heard such conflicting feedback on changes from a demo!

What I don't like this year when playing fixed player on the demo, is that your team mates ALWAYS pass you directly when you ask for a pass. It's not realistic. They should judge the situation like before and only pass you if it makes sense. Because sometimes you ask for a pass, but the situation you were looking for disappeared quickly, by a defender falling back down for example, then the pass should not be played straight into the defender. It was really good in 2011, now it's like in FIFA, instant pass. I fear it will be the same in BAL now.

It's not the end of the world, I just don't use the button at all. The AI is good enough as it is, but sometimes you would like to shout to your team mate like in real life to give them a hint at what they might not see as an opportunity for a pass.

Last edited:
Sigh, I'm ignoring all feedback now until I try it myself. For every person who says it's too fast, someone else says speed is unchanged. Some say too many replays, others say it's the same. Some say the AI pressure is ramped up, others say it's not. I've never heard such conflicting feedback on changes from a demo!

I still remember in 2011, even ermm in 2010. The speed is not that consistent enough. i guess it wants to simulate or give different impression to each game. But fortunately, we have that game speed slider. Not sure for online though.

On another note, one of the important thing to accept PES is by kindheartedly accept the level of its animation :JAY: If you can pass that stage, everything will be easier :P

Could someone with the game definitely confirm if we will be able to import our pes 2011 base copied players on to pes 2012 with their real faces?

Since I´m going to trade in pes 2011 for 2012 and would like to base copy all the players that will dissapear in pes 2012 before I do so.

Thanks.

you cant do this i told you already mate

The weirdest thing happen to me today while i was playing demo 2 on PS3... somehow someone who looked like one of the coaches was on the field walking around lol wtf... eventually he disappeared.

The games is way better that Demo ! The shots are more realistic, not that heavy and fast and correct like in the demo and not so SLOW , incorrect and .... strange like it was in preview build, they are more balance now. The speed.. THX god, the speed is way better from Demo, is more like in preview build but.. not so slow, but is not that arcade fast like was in the demo ,again is some hybrid between demo and preview. Animations are better.
I have to say , in preview build, with ML team for 50+ game i have only 2, or 3 times when i was 1 vs 1 with CPU GK.. defenders was simply to PERFECT,to sinless, they cover all free space. Now in first game with ML team and vs not so good team i have 3 chances in one game 1 vs 1 with GK, yes its was not so easy but is possible if you play correct and good . Well that is for now after 2 games on ML and on Final code. The game is not that bad , for me is better from Demos !

Last edited:
The games is way better that Demo ! The shots are more realistic, not that heavy and fast and correct like in the demo and not so SLOW , incorrect and .... strange like it was in preview build, there more balance now. The speed.. THX god, the speed is way better from Demo, is more like in preview build but.. not so slow, but is not that arcade fast like was in the demo ,again is some hybrid between demo and preview. Animations are better.
I have to say , in preview build, with ML team for 30+ game i have only 2, or 3 times when i was 1 vs 1 with CPU GK.. defenders was simply to PERFECT,to sinless, they cover all free space. Now in first game with ML team and vs not so good team i have 3 chances in one game 1 vs 1 with GK, yes its was not so easy but is possible if you play correct and good . Well that is for now after 2 games on ML and on Final code. The game is not that bad , for me is better from Demos !

good to know, you were one of the most critic about demos

*Sigh*

So Barcelona have possession as their first pre-set tactic, but quick counter as their second choice. I've decided to change every pre-set tactic they have to possession and see if that makes a difference. Well it doesn't, unfortunately. No matter who you play, they all do the same. Dribble at your defence, through-ball, rinse and repeat. No matter if you're playing Stoke or Barcelona, they do exactly the same. They pass the ball with lightning-accuracy, produce stunning no-look passes but only do so when they're absolutely certain they can't dribble any further. Xavi or Glenn Whelan, it's very hard to tell the difference when the AI is using them.

Having said that, I don't want to give the impression this game is a turd. Pressure doesn't seem to be so bad and individuality is very much present when you are the one controlling the player. You can play stunning football, score great goals, the variation is incredible and possibilities seem to be endless. It's just the opponenent AI who frustrate the crap out of me, so it's time to take it online me thinks.

I agree... very disapointing.

good to know, you were one of the most critic about demos

The demos was.. unrealistic fast compare the old, preview build, shots too ! I'm still do not play with Top teams like Barca or Man U on final code , but i can see and feel the differences, i start direct Master League with Default team.

The demos was.. unrealistic fast compare the old, preview build, shots too ! I'm still do not play with Top teams like Barca or Man U on final code, i start direct Master League with Default team.

you said the game pace is good, someone other says its fast, arcadish, other that it's slower, like 0,5 times slower at default speed

too much confusion

i have a question if somebody would be kind to answer, is it possible to insert lets say my own picture in to the game via editmode, without using xbox camera, but just inserting a usb in my xbox and load a picture in, i would appreciate that

How do you ask for a pass in BAL?

Tap R2 twice.

I think you can actually make your team mates shoot if you press the shoot button. I suspect it trigger an offensive thing in them, just as how it makes them do secondary (now primary) pressure. Only works if you're not close to the ball so that you don't charge up for a shot.

Last edited:
Is it me or are Penalties a load of rubbish this year. I have to say last year they were great apart from the silly chip shot. This year is like we've gone back 10 years. Surely we can manage something a bit more complex than hold left or right to save a penalty kick. And the kicker can't miss the target no matter how long you hold the direction.

Back
Top Bottom