PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've said to myself not to post more bad stuff regarding the game, but I can't stand it anymore.
How on earth is this possible?
Did they even play the game before the release? From gameplay camera
it looks even more awful, and happens all the time.
I just want this, the clipping and the gks to be fixed so I can play a football game this year.

YouTube - pes 2012 inconsistent run bug

Last edited:
Germany release date isn't 3 weeks away is it?

Edit: It's officially released in 3 days in Germany and some other countries.

Is it me or are Penalties a load of rubbish this year. I have to say last year they were great apart from the silly chip shot. This year is like we've gone back 10 years. Surely we can manage something a bit more complex than hold left or right to save a penalty kick. And the kicker can't miss the target no matter how long you hold the direction.

actually you can miss, with weaker penalty skills for the player you miss if you give full power, mostly hitting the bar or it goes a bit higher. Penalties from players that cannot give full power are often saved if the keeper got the right corner. i think is system is fine if you play a penalty-shoot-out because you mostly won't have 5 Ronaldo's. But a penalty during match time is a save goal, true, since you will always have a player that can give full power.
another thing is, you cannot do low penalties, the keeper will always save it if you have the corner, in pes 2011 low penalties in the corner often went in if the power was fine...
and tbh, what was the problem with last year's system? a lot ppl said it would have been too hard, but it was also pretty easy, no?

how the hell are u guys based in europe playing the full version of PES already when its like 3 weeks away from release!
Some people already received their copy/you can get it like you can get any game if you want...

Last edited:
What I love this is I have stuck with Everton's 451 formation, normally that would be scrapped for a 433 or 442 just so I can pick off teams on the break but the movement is so good this year I see no reason to change it, if so only late on in games if I am chasing it.

The pointis too I would miss a defensive midfielder shielding the back four because usually you could just charge into players and accept the ball or the foul, on this though you are wary because as I found out with David Silva he tore me apart.

Another thing I loved was I was on the edge of the box with Ronaldo and just about to try to burst past the last line, held down RT in preparation and he starting doing his trademark quick stepovers before being fouled.

It is really tough even on professional but it is just killing me for being a bad player.

Chairman wants a Europa League place off me this year, tough task!

I've said to myself not to post more bad stuff regarding the game, but I can't stand it anymore.
I just want this, the clipping and the gks to be fixed so I can play a football game this year.

it's one of their dribbling animation.. 2011 was worse :)) At least, he tries to knock the ball when it's coming in front, to me is just the movement of the body & foot that does not look natural. It is no bug but merely their animation capability at the moment.

Why such a big obsession with this mate. Do you watch your games in slow motion afterwards for enjoyment?

I know it shouldn't happen but its not really that important if its not affecting gameplay. Move on.

actually you can miss, with weaker penalty skills for the player you miss if you give full power, mostly hitting the bar or it goes a bit higher. Penalties from players that cannot give full power are often saved if the keeper got the right corner. i think is system is fine if you play a penalty-shoot-out because you mostly won't have 5 Ronaldo's. But a penalty during match time is a save goal, true, since you will always have a player that can give full power.
another thing is, you cannot do low penalties, the keeper will always save it if you have the corner, in pes 2011 low penalties in the corner often went in if the power was fine...
and tbh, what was the problem with last year's system? a lot ppl said it would have been too hard, but it was also pretty easy, no?

Some people already received their copy/you can get it like you can get any game if you want...

So its not down to skill anymore its just which player you have available to take the kicks. Well thats just great isn't it. Why dont we have it play the same ingame also so you just press the shoot button with no direction and dependent on who has shot depends whether or not it goes in or not.

So its not down to skill anymore its just which player you have available to take the kicks. Well thats just great isn't it. Why dont we have it play the same ingame also so you just press the shoot button with no direction and dependent on who has shot depends whether or not it goes in or not.

yea, no real skill needed at all...nice suggestions, but: why pressing anything? the player could do everything alone :P

If you like the new penalty system then you'd probably enjoy it so much better. Basically if you got a good player taking the kick there is a very, very slim chance your gonna miss what ever direction or power you put on the kick. Does that sound like a good system to you.

If you like the new penalty system then you'd probably enjoy it so much better. Basically if you got a good player taking the kick there is a very, very slim chance your gonna miss what ever direction or power you put on the kick. Does that sound like a good system to you.

its like real life so,how many penalties are missed on a regular basis? it should always be 80% goal and 20%save of miss

its like real life so,how many penalties are missed on a regular basis? it should always be 80% goal and 20%save of miss

depends on the team and pressure...my fav team dortmund didnt score any penalty in the last bundesliga season xD (but still champion)

i want old system back (mainly because my mates were too stupid for it when we did offline matches xD)

depends on the team and pressure...my fav team dortmund didnt score any penalty in the last bundesliga season xD (but still champion)

i want old system back (mainly because my mates were too stupid for it when we did offline matches xD)

+1 So true, bring back the old system. If people were too stupid to know how to do them it was their own fault.

Now a three year old could beat you in a penalty shootout. might just try it if i ever get taken too them. Ere duck pass me the littlen, give him a go on this game he cant lose.

No its rubbish and its the problem with PES as a whole, if the stats are high enough the CPU will do too much for you. This creeps into every area of the game and I wish they would reverse their implimentation of how stats effect the game.
I would like to see a system where if a player has high stats then whatever area they are high in, you as the player will have complete control. A player like Xavi will allow you to play a pass with the exact weight and direction you input, where as say... Titus Bramble will give your input a handicap, the direction and power of the pass will be off to the degree his stats dictate. Rooney's shots will be placed exactly where your direction and power say it should be(obviously physics will also play a part) but Jerome's shooting will not be as faithful to the user input. I think FIFAs system might be like this and I wish Seabass would adopt it, being overly assisted is a big criticism of PES and its even though I do enjoy the game it is warranted. I know some people like the way it is but I think that once they realise, like the fully manual FIFA boys did, how good it is to be in total control(when the stats allow it) they will be won over.
This will also dramatically change online, no longer will you be getting beat by a idiot just because he uses Barcalona and you use Newcastle. He will have the tools to play amazing football but if he does not know how to use them he will still be bad at the game. Skill needs to put back in the players hands.

Last edited:
No its rubbish and its the problem with PES as a whole, if the stats are high enough the CPU will do too much for you. This creeps into every area of the game and I wish they would reverse their implimentation of how stats effect the game.
I would like to see a system where if a player has high stats then whatever area they are high in, you as the player will have complete control. A player like Xavi will allow you to play a pass with the exact weight and direction you input, where as say... Titus Bramble will give your input a handicap, the direction and power of the pass will be off to the degree his stats dictate. Rooney's shots will be placed exactly where your direction and power say it should be(obviously physics will also play a part) but Jerome's shooting will not be as faithful to the user input. I think FIFAs system might be like this and I wish Seabass would adopt it, being overly assisted is a big criticism of PES and its even though I do enjoy the game it is warranted. I know some people like the way it is but I think that once they realise, like the fully manual FIFA boys did, how good it is to be in total control(when the stats allow it) they will be won over.
This will also dramatically change online, no longer will you be getting beat by a idiot just because he uses Barcalona and you use Newcastle. He will have the tools to play amazing football but if he does not know how to use them he will still be bad at the game. Skill needs to put back in the players hands.

tool to play good football as barcelona is the individuality and teamwork stats that should show how the AI move on the pitch.. Fully manual is another subject. Relying hand skills precision of direction on gamepad is like an FPS game :P.

I guess it's the mechanic of the game itself that should get much more attention e.g bigger impact of body position for shooting, passing, heading, etc outputs. The stats will play it's role to semi-automatically scaling the outputs. Tactics/Strategy as well as stamina/fatigue system are among the thing should have bigger impact on the pitch.

All in all those are some of the uniqueness of a football game should be, IMO.

tool to play good football as barcelona is the individuality and teamwork stats that should show how the AI move on the pitch.. Fully manual is another subject. Relying hand skills precision of direction on gamepad is like an FPS game :P.

I guess it's the mechanic of the game itself that should get much more attention e.g bigger impact of body position for shooting, passing, heading, etc outputs. The stats will play it's role to semi-automatically scaling the outputs. Tactics/Strategy as well as stamina/fatigue system are among the thing should have bigger impact on the pitch.

All in all those are some of the uniqueness of a football game should be, IMO.

Yeah I think the bolded part is better actually and I agree with what you said about it being like a FPS game. The thing that bothers me most about the stats overly assisting things is when I power up a pass to play the ball to a specific player, and the game decides that I wanted to play the ball to a different player and changes my pass totally! Thats why I was thinking about giving the user full control over where the ball goes. The same goes for shooting, there were people a few pages back saying they shot to the left and the game hit the ball to the right(or visa versa). I have experienced this also and it ruins the goal if it goes in.
I guess there is nothing wrong with the way things are they just need to be done better. I know its not allowed to be said around here but it is time for a new engine, I dont really see things getting much better with what they have.

overall better than pes 2011.

i hope they fix some bugs, like player sometimes going through the net of goal after missed chance, which looks so stupid.

also, where did those substitution cutscense dissapear? we only see notification whos in and whos out.

Hey... what's the best site for importing the German or European versions? Am I correct in assuming they have the same online servers as the UK?

Yeah I think the bolded part is better actually and I agree with what you said about it being like a FPS game. The thing that bothers me most about the stats overly assisting things is when I power up a pass to play the ball to a specific player, and the game decides that I wanted to play the ball to a different player and changes my pass totally! Thats why I was thinking about giving the user full control over where the ball goes. The same goes for shooting, there were people a few pages back saying they shot to the left and the game hit the ball to the right(or visa versa). I have experienced this also and it ruins the goal if it goes in.
I guess there is nothing wrong with the way things are they just need to be done better. I know its not allowed to be said around here but it is time for a new engine, I dont really see things getting much better with what they have.

yeah, especially if they want to take animation, graphics, collision system to another level.

overall better than pes 2011.

i hope they fix some bugs, like player sometimes going through the net of goal after missed chance, which looks so stupid.

also, where did those substitution cutscense dissapear? we only see notification whos in and whos out.

IIRC, subs cut-scenes is usually (always ?) performed for the winning team :JAY: and max. 2 ppl at the same time.

Last edited:
Finally had a run in with a team that used the All Out Defense tactic in the ML. That game played a lot differently as they only turned on Super Saiyan mode when I hit their back 8 (lol). As I improve my strategy stats with proper coaching I am also noticing players perform much better in attack and defense. Very interesting.

I don't know. Wayne Booney has proven himself to be a pretty good penalty taker but even he is fallible as proved against Chelsea last week. Any penalty taker should be able to miss the target and there's no two ways about it.

The system simply isn't good IF players can't miss the target (i haven't played the full release). At the end of the day any player can score or miss a penalty. Even Ronaldo, an accomplished penalty taker in many people's books, has missed some important spotkicks in his time.

Last edited:
what is iirc?

there is no single substitution cutscene in matches i played so far.

really strange and wierd.

I noticed this in PES11, they have slowly reduced the amount of cut scenes. I am one of those people that like PES cut scenes - and it is a real shame this is being reduced. Why not just give us an option to switch cutscenes off it's such an issue for some people.

I greatly miss the stretcher cut scene with the medics carrying the player off the pitch - it all adds to the great dramatic opera that is football!

I noticed this in PES11, they have slowly reduced the amount of cut scenes. I am one of those people that like PES cut scenes - and it is a real shame this is being reduced. Why not just give us an option to switch cutscenes off it's such an issue for some people.
Agreed. Thankfully I saw Big Balls Jon The Murph reply to a query on this on Twitter recently that he'd actually asked the devs for that option to be included before now. He added that he'd bring it up again with Konami, for next year.

I loved the stretcher too!! :D

Surely the substitution cut scenes are there like last year? There are some nice touches cut scene wise, like short shots of players doing various stuff when the ball goes out of play. Seems contextual to what's going on which is really nice.

Back
Top Bottom