PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hmm, strangely enough when I play exhibition matches the teams do play a lot differently. Played Santos V Penarol and was very happy with the pace and flow again. In fact it played a lot like demo 2. Popped back on the ML to see if i was just crazy and started seeing the problems again. I am hoping and praying that the OF makers can sort this out (i'm on x360) because if the D2 teams can play like this in the ML I don't think I want to get promoted lol. I will upload some videos of the issues later then you can judge for yourselves.

Can you start a BAL and see if you can choose a team? I'm sure I didn't see the option but maybe I missed it.

That's good news about the roster updates, but it is strange that no-one seems to have done any so far. All it takes is maybe one person in the whole of Konami to keep a good record of transfers. Heck, all it takes is for one person to compile a list of official squad lists teams have to submit to their relative leagues, then add any transfers afterwards. All it would take is to move players around in-game and then save it. Wouldn't take that long. Really bizarre.

Sincover, hopefully it's hard because they're poor teams in Div 2. Speaking as someone who is forced to watch a lot of non-league football these days, the Blue Square for example and leagues 1 and 2 are full of teams who employ aggressive, high pressure tactics and who play it long. Just look at Wimbledon from the 1980's and you get the picture. Hopefully someone can start a ML in the top division and say if things are still the same.

I don't like the sound of things generally though, I gave up on FIFA11 last year because the game played nicely in friendlies but when you played a Career Mode match, it was awful - AI defences ramped up the pressure, it all felt artificially harder, and I gave up on it. Sounds PES is a bit like that this year :(

Last edited:

I assume some team uniforms will also be updated?

Could someone with the game definitely confirm if we will be able to import our pes 2011 base copied players on to pes 2012 with their real faces?

Since I´m going to trade in pes 2011 for 2012 and would like to base copy all the players that will dissapear in pes 2012 before I do so.

Thanks.

Anyone?

Sorry man. Can't until I get home later on this evening.

No probs, if anyone else can try in the meantime then that'd be pretty good.

I'm positive it just dumped me in Bologna because I thought it's odd that I didn't get to choose.

I didn't play BAL much in 2011 but, if I remember rightly, you had a trial match for a fake team and then three clubs made you an offer? Not on this, I was unveiled to the press after the agent met with the chairman. I then got told that our first training match was against Celtic on 8th October and to set my training points as I wish.

Nowhere did I get a choice of team though, I'm positive.

Good to hear the game is getting updated, bringing the game out mid-october with an out of date roster list is shameful. I also think a gameplay patch with formation/tactics like chimps will aid the game better than playing the ai on default settings.
It's a shame they removed the team managment settings, why oh why did they do that.
On the topic of game engine if they haven't been working on one then it would be good to create a new one from scratch for 2013. I honestly think this is the way forward for the series.

First impression: database is even more horrifying than it used to be. No transfers at all (lazy), player stats in the Eredivisie are making me cry. It's going to take me ages to correct all that.

About to play my first game, might record it.

lol, they do that every year with the eredivisie

can u show us some stats from some good dutch players like

Mertens (PSV), assidi (Heereveen), platje (NEC), Overtoom (Heracles), Eriksen (ajax)

lol, they do that every year with the eredivisie

can u show us some stats from some good dutch players like

Mertens (PSV), assidi (Heereveen), platje (NEC), Overtoom (Heracles), Eriksen (ajax)

In a minute mate. Just played a game with ADO and Toornstra is crap and Verhoek has his 2007 haircut:FAIL:

I've also just now finished a game with Feyenoord away at Barcelona, wasn't too impressed. Outpossessed them 63 to 37 despite going a man down just after the break, they had four shots on target to my three and were very happy to play Super Street Fighter Hyper Arcade Turbo HD football as someone else so eloquently put it. I've got the game recorded, I don't think I've seen more than five backpasses from Barcelona.

dach, here's the link, you can find screenshots there. Overtoom and Platje especially have gotten the 'they're-from-a-midtable-Eredivisie-side-so-they-must-be-crap-treatment'.
Pictures by jlglas92 - Photobucket

Last edited:
Can you check what Barcelona's default tactics are? For a big team like them, Konami really should have got the tactics correct, but you never know, they may be set to quick counter, which will make them play very direct.

Didn't play much PES 2011 but found I could really get a team's tactics set up correctly using all the available options. I'm worried that PES 2012 doesn't allow the same tactical flexibility as last year. Shame because last year's tactics and this year's AI would be a great mix.

Twitter j Murphy

JM: "There is a day one update, which includes goalkeepers. DLC will follow, but date not confirmed".

:))

nice to hear, I also think that he meant that the update is not exclusive to keepers so there might be some other tweaks (which will hopefully make the game better)

The AI is shit in BAL? Come on please tell me it's not true. The AI is amazing even for low level teams when playing Fixed player in the demo.

I refuse to believe this. Maybe they cracked the game by using the PES2011 exe ;)

Alright, so I managed to record a game and upload it. Compared to the earlier live streaming, this turned out much better. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Your opinions on the game are welcome. Would appreciate if you could give some tips as well.

I'm not the best player, definitely made a lot of silly mistakes and was lucky not to lose by a few goals. What do you guys think of the AI? I notice it's pretty direct, doesn't really keep the ball much, always going forward. But still it was quite a fun game to play. Oh and I was playing as Roma on Professional difficulty, 10 minutes, 0 gamespeed.

PES 2012 Gameplay

*Sigh*

So Barcelona have possession as their first pre-set tactic, but quick counter as their second choice. I've decided to change every pre-set tactic they have to possession and see if that makes a difference. Well it doesn't, unfortunately. No matter who you play, they all do the same. Dribble at your defence, through-ball, rinse and repeat. No matter if you're playing Stoke or Barcelona, they do exactly the same. They pass the ball with lightning-accuracy, produce stunning no-look passes but only do so when they're absolutely certain they can't dribble any further. Xavi or Glenn Whelan, it's very hard to tell the difference when the AI is using them.

Having said that, I don't want to give the impression this game is a turd. Pressure doesn't seem to be so bad and individuality is very much present when you are the one controlling the player. You can play stunning football, score great goals, the variation is incredible and possibilities seem to be endless. It's just the opponenent AI who frustrate the crap out of me, so it's time to take it online me thinks.

The AI is shit in BAL? Come on please tell me it's not true. The AI is amazing even for low level teams when playing Fixed player in the demo.

I refuse to believe this. Maybe they cracked the game by using the PES2011 exe ;)

I'll give it another go but it felt a LOT poorer than fixed player in a normal mode (which was great). It's like BAL has its own AI or something.

Which camera do people use for BAL?

I use the same camera as in any mode. This year it will be a slightly modded version of the new side camera. Looking at the radar when off screen.

Keepers are weird, they seem to pull off some saves you would never expect but don't look false yet allow in things anyone could jump on.

They have made some blinding saves against me at time with a realistic animation but also let lots in under their arms.

DEMO 2 says the consumer version will be the same as in Demo 2. I think people are panicking and it has to ddo a lot with placebo effect. People getting upset thinking AI pressure has increased. WELL can someone confirm this with jon Murpy?

Also starting to think that they've tweaked the game speed a little. 0 now feels quite a lot faster than it was in the demo and I might have to drop it down to -1.

yep, i felt the same, speed 0 is very fast.

Btw, look the Gamescom footages they're looks like so much better than this final version crap.

YouTube - prorevo PES 2012 GamesCom Video #3

What Konami should do is to take gameplay from Demo 2 and mix it with the cpu's AI from Demo 1 and that's all for final version. :ROLL:

Last edited:
my first impression is that the game at 0 is faster than it was in both demos. it's bad and i don't know why they did this. it feels and plays too arcadish because of that.

Yesterday I got my copy and these are the things I found.

The AI has been improved a lot and the way it plays may change depending the team or the situation.

Yesterday I was playing a match between Honduras(CPU)VS México(Me) in the Americas Cup, and the first 35 minutes were like OMG, Honduras was so aggressive in both defense and attack, they were generating so much goal attempts and I found that the goalkeepers are so much better than PES 2011, I was surprised about(Ochoa) reactions, finally I scored a goal at the additional time, that goal lead Honduras to apply a defensive style and tried to counter attack, but despite their defensive style, I scored a 2nd goal, which completely changed their tactical plan, while trying to defend and attack, they were making silly mistakes wich lead me to score a couple of goals, after the 4th goal, I noticed that Honduras didn't try to do something, It seems that according the result of the match the AI may feel frustrated and won't do anything than waiting for the final whistle.

Edit mode is awesome, while you apply the data from PES 2011, it asks you which thing you want to import.
I edit the Mexican squad and I almost nailed to make the accurate kit, the only things I missed was a stripe in the chest and the Adidas Font.

By the way WTF with the Brazil National Squad, their kit is white and green, there's no yellow and blue shorts, all the uniforms are based of the colors white and green, but at least the player names are correct

Last edited:
Minor issue i know, but I read somewhere that they've decided to put replays after every single f****** foul like last year. Is this true? The demo only shows replays after bad sliding tackles and because of this the game flows far better. Have they really gone back to making us press start after every minor foul?!

Back
Top Bottom