PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I only played a few games, so I can't really comment that much yet..
I will not mention small and annoying little things that we all know PES has, like running on rails, animations, cliping through ball etc... Only the big things.
So my initial feeling is this:

- To me it doesn't seem like the AI is too aggressive, its pretty good and it can be further modified with team pressure,tactics and invidual player modifications because some teams don't pressure that much afterall.

- Someone mentioned that the catch up bug is back, what a bounch of crap. Yes its not like demo1 or demo2 anymore, defenders do catch up and its the same for you , you can catch up attackers now too.
But this is LOGICAL, theres no way someone can run faster than you when controling the ball, its not possible unless your really slow and the attacker is Messi ( which I have a hard time catching on btw ). So this for me is spot on, its not like PES 2011 where no matter what speeds the defender always catches up in 2 seconds, it feels quite realistic and spot on because the defender gains some space and depending on the range and everything he might catch up.

- Keepers seem better, idk if its just me and also its hard to judge after a few matches but they do seem a bit better, but like I said it might just be me because I didn't play much matches yet.

- whole feeling of the game, ball, movement etc... it feels better, refined. It feels better than both demos, it feels like its more refined and feels better idk.

Things that are an issue for me so far :

- Players are too good in stats, ball control, dribbling acc, passing, shooting acc ... they are all too good even if you play as a very weak team, its just too good. But I guess this can all be adjusted by lowering some stats by 10% or so.

- Didn't KONAMI say stumbling would be fixed, I still get a stumbling animation sometimes and I can't do anything in it.

- All AI controlled teams play similar, attack attack without build up play, but I guess this could potentially be fixed with tactics and stuff, the default KONAMI made teams probably have it all screwed up and don't have realistic tactics as teams should have.

- Im still annoyed we can only shot fake in 3 directions, wtf?? where is the freedom of movement, why can't I shot fake exactly at the angle I want

- Why can't I sprint when I have a set piece and I want to use that new manual movement, I can move the player but can't sprint.. same goes when the AI GK has the ball im limited again, and yet again where is the freedom KONAMI was talking about?

There are still a few more but they are more minor things I guess so I won't mention them.

Some of these things can be fixed by stat modifications and etc... but some can't... but the thing is why do we even need to modify stats? Why can't KONAMI use their brain and make it so that we don't have to? o well..

That's Barcelona though, they should be playing like that.

A better example would be say, another top team like - Arsenal and then try lower level clubs who aren't renowned for it.

Guys I really, really hope they've not f'ked the game up, demo two had its problem areas like goalies etc, but the gameplay was perfect. I don't want a ramped up pressure fest.

If they fk this up this year, after all the positive feedback generally about demo2, then I'm walking from Konami for good.

Guys I really, really hope they've not f'ked the game up, demo two had its problem areas like goalies etc, but the gameplay was perfect. I don't want a ramped up pressure fest.

If they fk this up this year, after all the positive feedback generally about demo2, then I'm walking from Konami for good.

me too,if that's the case this means they don't have a clue what to do to improve the game by NOT touching the good things
i can't stand this anymore, demo always better than final game

look at Fifa, everyone says that final game is better than demo, that's the way it should be

If I am to be honest, last year the pressure was very different from Professional to Top Player, and even more after they patched the game to 1.02 because of the so called bug where you could always get to the goal line and cross without the defenders pressuring you.

As such, I am expecting the same pressure difference to happen when playing in Top Player versus Professional, and also against teams who use Quick Counter.

I played a single game yesterday, Sporting vs Lazio on Professional, on PC, and I have to say that I didn't notice anything such as excessive pressure, or any significant differences from demo 2. Then again, I have only played one game, and I'm not playing with top teams (I never do). The only thing that kinda put me off was my keeper in a couple of occasions - that luckily didn't end up in goals - but I'm expecting a patch to fix that soon, or otherwise I'll live with it.

For me, I'll enjoy it for what it is, and I'll hopefully be having a blast come the 14th, when the PS3 version arrives to the stores.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

P.S. - If anyone can find Insua in the game, do let me know - he isn't at Liverpool, Galatasaray, Argentina nor Sporting... Guess I'll have to create it based on PES 2011.

1. Full version is not yet out, strange behavious in gameplay might be somehow messed crack that release group did for leaked PES2012, we all know all important gameplay code is in .exe file
2. Jenkey, Juce and Yair. they can tweak this game, im so happy PES2012 community have you guys!
3. I guess ill start with BAL first, as everything else is a mess

If most of those comments are true, KONAMI is going to regret f*cking up demo2 gameplay..

Im going to pray that Yair can fix all that crap, if catching up bug is there im going to throw PES2012 out of the window.

edit: im talking about PC version.

Last edited:
Maybe it actually was that I was tired last night but I've just played as Benfica v QPR and it was the same as the demo! No silly pressure, time on the ball again and a lot different to the games last night.

Really annoying that I scored two goals and the replays show the shots taking deflections ... except the ball doesn't hit my player but seems to hit some invisible wall about a foot or two away before changing direction. Konami really need to sort out their collision detection.

1. Full version is not yet out, strange behavious in gameplay might be somehow messed crack that release group did for leaked PES2012, we all know all important gameplay code is in .exe file
2. Jenkey, Juce and Yair. they can tweak this game, im so happy PES2012 community have you guys!
3. I guess ill start with BAL first, as everything else is a mess

If most of those comments are true, KONAMI is going to regret f*cking up demo2 gameplay..

Im going to pray that Yair can fix all that crap, if catching up bug is there im going to throw PES2012 out of the window.

edit: im talking about PC version.

I do not know about the others but I have received my original game today, distributors usually receive it a few days before the actual release date and send it by mail as soon as they get it. I thank the inconsistency of our Postal Services.:))

So some people might actually be giving feedback from the original version. ( I havent had a chance to play it yet)

Konami really need to sort out their collision detection.

The problem is that the whole engine seems to work this way. The physics of the player model dictate that the player's body should be there in a specific position but it isn't, so therefore the ball acts as if it has hit the player model but it hasn't. It happened a lot in the demo and i presumed it might be an issue with missing animations but i don't know about that any more.

IMO it's abolutely awful and the single thing that suggests that they do need a complete rewrite of the engine. I'm no new-engine whore but it's fairly obvious something isn't working. I can't think of too many other games with similar physics/animations/whatever is the problem issues. I know it's kind of been this way since PES began, the ball never really touching the player's foot, but i've never seen it as bad as it in 2012, especially with deflections and GK saves hitting invisible walls.

Last edited:
I do not know about the others but I have received my original game today, distributors usually receive it a few days before the actual release date and send it by mail as soon as they get it. I thank the inconsistency of our Postal Services.:))

So some people might actually be giving feedback from the original version. ( I havent had a chance to play it yet)

OH didnt know that, im still waiting :(

Had one game on the full version (PC) and I felt no overbearing pressure using unedited teams. I was Roma versus Manchester United on Professional in a 20 minute match. Possession was around 58% to me, but I was taking the piss. Shots & fouls pretty equal. Looking forward to playing more later, see if I got lucky re: the pressure.

The problem is that the whole engine seems to work this way. The physics of the player model dictate that the player's body should be there in a specific position but it isn't, so therefore the ball acts as if it has hit the player model but it hasn't. It happened a lot in the demo and i presumed it might be an issue with missing animations but i don't know about that any more.

IMO it's abolutely awful and the single thing that suggests that they do need a complete rewrite of the engine. I'm no new-engine whore but it's fairly obvious something isn't working. I can't think of too many other games with similar physics/animations/whatever is the problem issues. I know it's kind of been this way since PES began, the ball never really touching the player's foot, but i've never seen it as bad as it in 2012, especially with deflections and GK saves hitting invisible walls.

The important thing NOW is that from widecam, it looks it touches with body etc.

When the CPU pressures people want it to be reduced, when the cpu plays deep people want them to pressure..

Just had a BAL match and didn't think the teammate AI was much good again, same as 2011 really. Shame.

First impression: database is even more horrifying than it used to be. No transfers at all (lazy), player stats in the Eredivisie are making me cry. It's going to take me ages to correct all that.

About to play my first game, might record it.

Just after one only match? Not so much exhaustive :))

Well it was enough to constantly see the AI want to run into the opposition rather than play the easy pass. And always needing to go on the attack rather than keep the ball for a bit.

There was a nice bit of play where I laid the ball off and make a run and the CPU played the ball to me but the play between your teammates is just really poor.

The important thing NOW is that from widecam, it looks it touches with body etc.

When the CPU pressures people want it to be reduced, when the cpu plays deep people want them to pressure..

I never notice this stuff. In general I think the animations are great this time round, yeah there's the odd collision detection problem but it's not enough for me to notice, and I only see it in extreme close ups on replays. But it's still rare enough for me to not really care.

I'm pretty encouraged by some other posts about the full game. All I care about is that the AI doesn't over-pressure or play direct aggressive football with every team. There will be a certain element of that given it's the hardest difficulties and it's a videogame, but if the AI still plays the same kind of football as in the demo then I'm happy, goals I concede in the demo are all varied and can come from lots of different sources, which is all I ask for from the AI.

Dags, what team are you using for BAL? If you're with a lower ranked team to start with, perhaps the team mate AI is crap because it's a poor team? I wouldn't expect them to be anywhere near as intelligent as the teams in the demo.

As for the AI playing long ball in Div2, I've thought about that and surely it's what you'd expect? They're the lowest ranked teams in the game, their game style would probably be more direct. Lots of lower league teams play this way and can be very effective at it. I'd only have a problem if you saw the likes of Barcelona doing it really.

Dags, what team are you using for BAL? If you're with a lower ranked team to start with, perhaps the team mate AI is crap because it's a poor team? I wouldn't expect them to be anywhere near as intelligent as the teams in the demo.

As for the AI playing long ball in Div2, I've thought about that and surely it's what you'd expect? They're the lowest ranked teams in the game, their game style would probably be more direct. Lots of lower league teams play this way and can be very effective at it.

Bologna was the team I was given, don't remember getting a choice. Lack of intelligence is fine to a point but it's common sense things like getting the ball and literally running straight into a group of players while your teammate is 10 yards away in space. Basic things that even schoolboys wouldn't do but a robot programmed to attack whenever it can would do.

Bologna was the team I was given, don't remember getting a choice. Lack of intelligence is fine to a point but it's common sense things like getting the ball and literally running straight into a group of players while your teammate is 10 yards away in space. Basic things that even schoolboys wouldn't do but a robot programmed to attack whenever it can would do.

Strange, surely you can choose from a number of teams other than Bologna? And that's also odd about the AI, given it's pulled off some awesome stuff in the demo, to suddenly go rubbish in BAL. Can't comment obviously as I've not tried it, but I hope it improves for you dude!

First impression: database is even more horrifying than it used to be. No transfers at all (lazy), player stats in the Eredivisie are making me cry. It's going to take me ages to correct all that.

About to play my first game, might record it.

Scratch that, horrifying doesn't even do it justice. It's nothing short of a disgrace, database-wise. I want to play a game as Vitesse, but their squad doesn't even look like what they're using this year. Almost ten players are missing, there are only three midfielders and just one striker.

Strange, surely you can choose from a number of teams other than Bologna? And that's also odd about the AI, given it's pulled off some awesome stuff in the demo, to suddenly go rubbish in BAL. Can't comment obviously as I've not tried it, but I hope it improves for you dude!

I played as a fixed player in the demo and it was great, teammate AI was just like you'd expect and want. But this was just so poor.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't get a choice of which team to join, it just said you're at Bologna so work hard and hopefully clubs will come in for you. Can someone else start a BAL and see if they can choose their team?

Scratch that, horrifying doesn't even do it justice. It's nothing short of a disgrace, database-wise. I want to play a game as Vitesse, but their squad doesn't even look like what they're using this year. Almost ten players are missing, there are only three midfielders and just one striker.

Yep, it's a real mess. Annoying but OF's sort that out quite quickly anyway. And I'm sure the day one patch will update it as well.

Yeah I think Murphy has said that along with a keeper patch, they'll be providing a 'free download' which I presume will be roster updates. Annoying for those who got the game early but won't affect those of us in the UK for example.

I like difficulty, but my initial feeling is that the final code is difficult for all the wrong reasons. Demo 2's balance was good enough I don't know why they felt the need to screw with it.

totally disagree... demo2 was easy in some aspects of gameplay and if they finally fixed that in final version, than it's great. i hope that's the case because i haven't played it yet (full version).

and guys, stop the moaning and better learn how to play. or just use lower levels (regular etc). why do you guys want to win every game on pro or top level? it's ridiculous!

Last edited:
Hmm, strangely enough when I play exhibition matches the teams do play a lot differently. Played Santos V Penarol and was very happy with the pace and flow again. In fact it played a lot like demo 2. Popped back on the ML to see if i was just crazy and started seeing the problems again. I am hoping and praying that the OF makers can sort this out (i'm on x360) because if the D2 teams can play like this in the ML I don't think I want to get promoted lol. I will upload some videos of the issues later then you can judge for yourselves.

totally disagree... demo2 was easy and they finally fixed that in final version (i hope because i haven't played it yet).

stop the moaning and better learn how to play! or juse lower levels (regular etc). why do you guys want to win every game on pro or top level? it's ridiculous!

How can you disagree if you haven't played it yet? Come on mate. Demo 2 was mainly easy because of the crappy keepers. I loved losing 4-0 to the likes of Santos and Internacional because they outplayed me tactically, not because of some arbitrary and artificial difficulty increase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom