PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

What difficulty are yous on?

How i say in old post, Top Player and preview code here , m8 :)

For me, prewiec code was better football game , compared with the two demos.
Maybe I'm one of the few that will play four versions of the game, today I wait for final version, and will say my final opinion.

Last edited:
I figured. I never play on top player so shouldn't be a problem for me. Try on professional and see if they're still as crazy hounds.
Ммм, i must start a new ML with that, " professional " level and.. will see !

and from last page
AntrAcsA said:
For me, preview code was better football game , compared with the two demos.
Maybe I'm one of the few that will play four versions of the game, today I wait for final version, and will say my final opinion.

Have you got a video of this? I tweeted this bug to Jon Murphy and he asked if I had a video so he could see the problem. I have tried to recreate it so I can take a video but no luck yet.

I'll try to take a video of it later mate. It's not a gamebreaker for me, but it definitely looks stupid.

Oh FFS is this for real? The AI pressure is insane on the retail version? The gameplay was almost perfect for me on the demo, I can't believe this until I see with my own eyes. Why would they drastically alter the game like that?

Pressure has definitely been upped since the demo. It's nothing crazy like FIFA 11's pressure but it's just got the balance wrong a touch. In Demo 2, you could pretty much waltz around the pitch if you wanted. On this, you don't have much of a chance to try and hold the ball before someone is on you and moving in for a tackle.

Played as Man City v Madrid before I went to bed, Professional level, and just about won 3-2. As mentioned earlier, Madrid were that speeding bullet that had no intentions of knocking it about but just went straight for the kill. And a lot of balls sprayed out to the left wing as well. Reminded me so much of FIFA 12 :(

Also starting to think that they've tweaked the game speed a little. 0 now feels quite a lot faster than it was in the demo and I might have to drop it down to -1.

Just read some early user reviews from people who have the game on other sites, and they're saying the same thing. That it's now crazy hard, relentless AI sprinting pressure a la FIFA. Don't know what to say about this really :(

Pressure has definitely been upped since the demo. It's nothing crazy like FIFA 11's pressure but it's just got the balance wrong a touch. In Demo 2, you could pretty much waltz around the pitch if you wanted. On this, you don't have much of a chance to try and hold the ball before someone is on you and moving in for a tackle.

Played as Man City v Madrid before I went to bed, Professional level, and just about won 3-2. As mentioned earlier, Madrid were that speeding bullet that had no intentions of knocking it about but just went straight for the kill. And a lot of balls sprayed out to the left wing as well. Reminded me so much of FIFA 12 :(

Also starting to think that they've tweaked the game speed a little. 0 now feels quite a lot faster than it was in the demo and I might have to drop it down to -1.

Thanks Dags. What are Konami playing at? The point of demo 1 was to show the different styles of AI teams, so why make Real Madrid play like a hyped up Premier League team?!

Anyone who is saying they have made the game too pressurised, could try and take two teams and lower the Aggression stats of each player on a couple of teams and then see if it makes a difference.

It would only take a couple of minutes and you would only need to drop the stats by around 5

That's what I'll be doing mate. That and also change team styles to possession game and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks Dags. What are Konami playing at? The point of demo 1 was to show the different styles of AI teams, so why make Real Madrid play like a hyped up Premier League team?!

I dunno, in the three games I had I felt like there was a small difference but not enough. Madrid definitely went on the attack straight away, no messing about. But other than aggressiveness, I'm not convinced there was too much difference.

But then again, it was late, I was tired, and it was only three games. And I'm still trying to adapt to PROPER zero passing assistance (makes the game SO much harder on its own, nevermind pressure).

Hmmmmm "PC version" is available for testing.

Disclaimer:
The zeemeister does not condone piracy of any sort that doesn't involve a wooden peg, eye patch and annoying parrot aaaarrrrrr. I just want to see what the retail version is like. 14th is sooooo far away.

Just read some early user reviews from people who have the game on other sites, and they're saying the same thing. That it's now crazy hard, relentless AI sprinting pressure a la FIFA. Don't know what to say about this really :(

This really concerns me, last year I was put off for exactly the same reason. I really liked the demo, then enjoyed the full game until they patched it and ramped up the pressure, ultimately giving the game a pinball-like feeling. I'll have to check it out myself but when so many people are reporting it I can't imagine it being false. Hopefully it's nothing a patch or tweaked OF can't fix.

If that's true, then Konami may lose a sale with me. I was quite happy with the demo, but couldn't stand again another year of relentless pressuring and AI cheats and abuses. Why the hell they would make the game poorer at the last second? Which is the purpose of the demos then? I will never understand this kind of corporate decisions.

Me too, I played the demo last night, got spanked by impressive AI, and I was drooling over the prospect of playing the full game. Now, first thing in the morning, all I'm reading across the Internet (not just here) are horror stories about the game being half ruined by all the main problems from PES 2011 coming back.

If the gameplay really is so radically different then I'm out for this year. I'd have a full version I couldn't stand yet an earlier demo that is superior. Bizarre.

Probably that's their way of responding to feedback of those who weren't happy with the demo and wanted a harder game.

Still, there are always stats and team tactics to fiddle with. Surely it would make a difference.

Also the fact that people are talking about fixing the game by altering stats etc is alarming. Every football game I've played where people need to do this means is usually inherently screwed in the first place.

I'm going to pop home on my lunch and put some more games in. Might switch between the demo and full game and see how they feel.

One other point. I tried to import my PC PES 2011 data (PESEdit) and it said it was importing everything but all it seemed to do was stadiums. Lineups, emblems, kits, players, all the same and didn't get imported :( That might just be a PC issue, something to do with how PESEdit do the OF's, but it was disappointing. SO many transfers not done on the stock build. I'm sure a release day patch will sort them but it's a real mess with some done but most transfers not done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my copy today. will give it a go when I get home.

But I am very very worried by the feedback. I was satisfied with 2011 demo and the game turned out be garbage (IMO). I just hope they haven't done the same this year.

Okay guys. Here is the bug from the full game, not demo. Just before the opposition keeper is about to take a goal-kick, if you press replay and move the camera about, the screen will turn black. And then you go back to game, and this is what happens:

Goalkick Bug

Calcio could you send Jon Murphy a tweet about this? It's really quite annoying. Of course, I could just choose not to tap it in, but it shouldn't be there. Hopefully they can fix this.

Dags and anyone else playing the full game, try and recreate this.

Last edited:
I received my copy today. will give it a go when I get home.

But I am very very worried by the feedback. I was satisfied with 2011 demo and the game turned out be garbage (IMO). I just hope they haven't done the same this year.

Do let us know what you think! :)

After playing demo 2 I've never looked forward to a game as much as this, ever. I just love it. To see them screw with the gameplay on final release would seriously piss me off :(

Wow, if that's the case, what a letdown
how can they even think to regain fans when they do things like this?

For the PS3, do the games still have the BLES*** code? What I mean is will option files work on any version or region specific (UK/Euro/US etc.)

Okay guys. Here is the bug from the full game, not demo. Just before the opposition keeper is about to take a goal-kick, if you press replay and move the camera about, the screen will turn black. And then you go back to game, and this is what happens:

Goalkick Bug

Calcio could you send Jon Murphy a tweet about this? It's really quite annoying. Of course, I could just choose not to tap it in, but it shouldn't be there. Hopefully they can fix this.

faceplm.png

Goalkick Bug

Will try and remember on lunch and post back. Just tweeted Jon Murphy with the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom