PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Bolded part is really something you have to get used to, but it doesn't take long. Feels good, we can appreciate smart moves made by AI controlled teammates even more.

But there was one odd 'glitch' with unassisted switching ... I wasn't able switch to my keeper if I deliberately returned the ball back to him, he'd pass or grab&pass the ball under AI control. Or is it just me doing something wrong?

No for some reason you cannot control the keeper :CONFUSE: This is the only problem I have found using unassisted. I switched back to semi just to try it and within seconds it passed to the wrong man, switched straight back to unassisted where I have yet to have the problem. The game also felt a bit stuttery on semi, dont know wht that is. I also find defending to be much better on unassisted, I am able to position my playsrs better when having total control of switching.

There's one thing I dont like about the full game:
Many teams in Liga BBVA have barebones kits, with only the emblem and somewhat proper colors, and an all grey GK kit. Atletico Madrid home and away socks are wrong for example.
I think it was the same with PES 2011 before the first DLC?

yeah, same case with pes 2011

right im putting together my option file now knowing how the edit mode works and data transfer from pes 2011 to pes 2012,here are a few pics of the stuff that will be in the file,il post up the team list later on,these are from pes 2011

the base option file with teams and kits will be for PS3 UK edition and should be out within a week of the uk release,then chimps with quiffs and klashman can fix up the gameplay to make it the most realistic pes game ever:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
ffs, the inconsistent running bug is in the full game. It's hard to loop and link a running animation these days.

Last edited:
Transfers are a mess, mostly not updated at all.

Liverpool still has Meireles, Cole, Poulsen, Ngog and Kyrgiakos. But has Adam and Henderson in there too.

Arsenal still have Fabregas, Bendtner and Nasri. None of the new signings are there.

Played one half and it feels a lot more difficult than the demo was. Whether that's because Arsenal are closing down more or whether it's because 0 passing assist is a LOT more manual, not sure.

Van Persie and Fabregas combined so well, a lot more like Demo 1 in the "smartness" of the AI. Fab backheeled it to RVP, who sidestepped passed Carragher and rifled a lot shot in. Looked very classy. Now getting beat 2-1, this is very different to the demo! :LOL:

Finished 2-1, I THINK I'm on Professional but that was MUCH harder than the demo ever was. I had NO chance of knocking the ball around the 18-yard box like I could on the demo. Still had 58% possession but that was because I actively tried to keep hold of the ball as the lack of passing assistance shows so much now.

Big improvement from the demo already.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that the pace of the game is perfect and the graphics is a lot better,the ball physics is perefect,GK muce more reliable,shotting feels great finally

one word to describe this game - AMAZING

i think that the pace of the game is perfect and the graphics is a lot better,the ball physics is perefect,GK muce more reliable,shotting feels great finally

one word to describe this game - AMAZING

What speed are you playing at yair? Good to hear that the game plays better.

Groningen 2-0 Evian

On Professional level, it's much harder than the demo for sure. Teams close down more (maybe a LITTLE too much) and space is a lot harder to come by. On the demo, I could keep hold of the ball and walk around as much as I wanted up to a point. No chance of that on this.

The zero passing assistance is ridiculous. I said on the demo that I thought it wasn't much different to 1-bar passing. It really is zero assistance now. If you pull off a passing move involving some good play, you'll feel REALLY good about it because you just cannot ping-pong the ball around whatsoever. I'm underhitting a lot more, overhitting, misplacing, the lot. Brilliant.

You're struggling on Pro on the demo? PRACTICE! Because this will kick your ass far more than the demo is.

Finished 2-1, I THINK I'm on Professional but that was MUCH harder than the demo ever was. I had NO chance of knocking the ball around the 18-yard box like I could on the demo. Still had 58% possession but that was because I actively tried to keep hold of the ball as the lack of passing assistance shows so much now.

Thanks for report.
I am a little worried if the difficulty is now higher.
Personally i found it hard enough in the demo
What about the big improvement from demo (gameplay, graphics, etc.)?

Do you think knuckled ball too powerful & high accurate ?

I've played about 10 match & got 5 goals with knuckled free kick (30~40m). It's unrealistic & no balance. :CONFUSE:

IN the demo yeah. I concede 2 40 yard free kicks against Cronaldo. The keeper just fell over waving his arms. The third one he parried to a striker following through.

btw I lost 7-1 wih Genoa against Madrid beside the above 3 goals the other 4 were 100 mph 1-2-3 pass football on the counter and a long through ball to Benzema...really infuriating when you feel like you being cheated rather than outtplayed. Wierd thing is it hasnt been like this for a while over the weekend but tonight it decided to go Super STreetfighter HD turbo remix arcade rubbish on me tonight :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:

This was on fucking top player again....so is Superstar level just shoot from anywhere and your keeper walks away?! come one Seabass

I've never been so disappointed with a game.
I'll express my thoughts here, I know most of you won't agree with me, but that's alright.
The main problems of the game are:

Animations (and animation linking):
I think they're actually worse than in pes 2011. Seriuosly, go to youtube and watch some pes 2011 gameplay, then some 2012 and judge for yourself.
Look at players running or jogging with the ball (basic stuff in football) - the animations look awful, they simply don't link. How can this be possible in a football game?
Look at the ball, it clips through players' legs all the time. How is that possible?
Look at the keepers' animations - pes 3 had better ones (I'm not joking).

The keepers
They are bad sometimes, but I can get over it. They act like wood puppets, land unnatural and so on.
What happpened? Everyone had requested special treatment for the keepers.
They were to busy making diagonal runs.

Gameplay
It's good but it doesn't replicate football.
The CPU team plays the same style, never trying to pass or unlock your defense, it's
always running straight in your fuzzy-minded defensemen who usually can't keep up.

Penalties
What a joke, now it's super easy to score using the same 4 year old shooting animation.

They missed another chance, this game is going downhill.
If KONAMI were smart enough, FIFA could've not existed at this moment.
Look at nba 2k franchise, completely smashed EA's title.

Pes still has some things I absolutely love, but I feel cheated.

The king is back, but he's in a coffin.

Last edited:
I'll express my thoughts here, I know most of you won't agree with me, but that's alright.

I think they're actually worse than in pes 2011.
Look at players running or jogging with the ball (basic stuff in football) - the animations look awful, they simply don't link. How can this be possible in a football game?
Look at the ball, it clips through players' legs all the time. How is that possible?

[B}The keepers [/B]
They are bad sometimes, but I can get over it. They act like wood puppets, land unnatural and so on.

Gameplay
The CPU team plays the same style, never trying to pass or unlock your defense, it's
always running straight in your fuzzy-minded defensemen who usually can't keep up.

Penalties
What a joke, now it's super easy to score using the same 4 year old shooting animation.

:SHOCK::OOOH:

Or opinion respect

[B}The keepers [/B]

Gameplay

Penalties

is this the full game youre talking about?

[B}The keepers [/B]

Gameplay

Penalties

The Animations and the Gameplay point you raise are one of my biggest issues aswell, I mean how for the love of god HOW can a game in almost 2012 have SUCH animations, its absolutely HORRIBLE.
Im pretty sure some sport games in 90's had better animation, its dreadful.
And if the animations are not priority this year then whats with the AI? AI was supposed to be the priority and yet all the teams play the same way, there is no difference at all.
KONAMI can talk all about the tactics system we have in PES but it only changes slightly our players in our team, other teams ALL play the same way.

Gameplay

explain in more depth what i've under lined as i really don't see what you've pointed out :THINK:

Been playing quite a lot over the last few days on demo 2 and starting to cool on it. Shooting and goalkeepers are so awful, at least in 360 demo, and that damned run bug. Eh.

Not feeling it hugely with either football game all of a sudden. Really hoping for some improvements with the patch or I think I'm going to be mighty underwhelmed.

I THINK THAT THE FINAL VERSION IS MUCH BETTER THEN THE 2ND DEMO

Transfers are a mess, mostly not updated at all.

Liverpool still has Meireles, Cole, Poulsen, Ngog and Kyrgiakos. But has Adam and Henderson in there too.

Arsenal still have Fabregas, Bendtner and Nasri. None of the new signings are there.

Played one half and it feels a lot more difficult than the demo was. Whether that's because Arsenal are closing down more or whether it's because 0 passing assist is a LOT more manual, not sure.

Van Persie and Fabregas combined so well, a lot more like Demo 1 in the "smartness" of the AI. Fab backheeled it to RVP, who sidestepped passed Carragher and rifled a lot shot in. Looked very classy. Now getting beat 2-1, this is very different to the demo! :LOL:

finally something that i really wanted to hear (or read :P).

good news, i always wanted harder game than that was in demo.

Wow, looks like a number of new options in stadium editor - from what I had read earlier I thought there weren't many changes. But looking at those videos gives me hope! :) I hope some bright spark will create all the EPL stadiums again this year with corrects ad-boards etc.

Back
Top Bottom