PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Thanks man, pfff that´s ridiculous, only 51 slots, they can´t even get the uniform right and no Falcao face? god, what a let down... have you noticed any new faces for any Atletico Madrid players, I suppose you wouldn´t have a short vid or pic of what the Atleti uniforms look like huh?

Thanks for answering all the questions man, I can´t believe the KONAMI idiots can´t get our uniform right.

dscn1581l.jpg

dscn1584r.jpg

And goal of Reyes A. Madrid Cpu vrs Cpu level SUPERSTAR

YouTube - Gol de Reyes Cpu vrs Cpu dificulad Leyenda

may be Konami FIX this error with DLC...

Well now go to bed... see you later...!!

dscn1581l.jpg

dscn1584r.jpg

And goal of Reyes A. Madrid Cpu vrs Cpu level SUPERSTAR

YouTube - Gol de Reyes Cpu vrs Cpu dificulad Leyenda

may be Konami FIX this error with DLC...

Well now go to bed... see you later...!!

Thanks man, yeah, that was my hope, just like they did last year, they fixed a bunch of uniforms with the DLC, still annoying though, notice Sevilla´s uniform no brand etc... it will all be sorted out with the DLC. Thanks again man.

Defenders back off too far into their own penalty box. Real life defenders don't do that, because it results in exactly what that reyes video shows. You give him an easy goal.

@Polter2k_2k8, give some information about online mode. It must be total mess ,because by Konami did not give any information until.

Presumably centre-backs still allow strikers to step in front of them on crosses? That HAS to be patched. It's the reason why I'm still losing to the computer on the demo nearly every time - quick dart down the wing, cross... and on the replay, my defender not moving as the striker calmly steps ahead of him to score unchallenged. Yes, sometimes you can get control of your defender in time and move him, but most of the time it doesn't work or there's just no time to do it. And the CPU defenders are just as dumb too, so it takes the fun out of scoring against the comp from high crosses. Doesn't happen every time, but it does most of the time. Defenders should stick with their strikers and the only way the attacker should get ahead is through intelligent movement or pace... not just by calmly stepping past an oblivious CB who's standing still, letting him go by.

To me this is almost as important as improving the goalies. It's not such a blatant glitch as their flappy non-saves, but after a while it becomes very obvious. It's at least as big a problem as the "jog bug" from last year, probably a lot worse because you can't just pretend it's not there. HAS to be fixed in a patch, or this game's going to very frustrating indeed.

So I have been struggling to get into demo 2 but I think I have just found the key. I had alot of trouble with the game selecting the wrong man when playing passes into space. But I noticed that the CPU team would play similar passes and have no trouble, I seen it play some really intricate football that I am fairly certain would not be possible for me with the various passing and player switching problems I have encountered. So I had the idea last night to try unassisted switching and it has opened things up for me. At the moment I have had exactly ZERO passes going to the wrong man and because I am in total control of player switching I never get the wrong man selected.

As an added bonus I feel that the off ball players are much more responsive to balls played into space, they lock onto it better because they are under CPU control, I just leave the switching till the last second. I have played some awesome passes in behind the defense for my LB to run onto, these balls were played into lots of space and a fair way away from the player but he, under cpu control, ran onto it. I have played similar passes before and it would either select the wrong player or the player the ball was meant for would stop his run thinking the ball was not for him and it would roll out of play. I think this is due to the CPU turning off its intelligence right after the assisted switch leaving the player a bit lost for a split second while you take over.

It takes some getting used to and you sometimes have to be very quick with your switch or you get the CPU playing for you but so far it seems to play much better. I urge people to give it a go, especially if you play a slow build up passing game like me, the game flows better this way. But have patience, like I said it takes some getting used to but there is reward for this. Give it a try!

Last edited:
@Polter2k_2k8, give some information about online mode. It must be total mess ,because by Konami did not give any information until.
Why are you tring from a while now, to force us to think that the game is crap... ? if u dont like it go play FIFA

Presumably centre-backs still allow strikers to step in front of them on crosses? That HAS to be patched. It's the reason why I'm still losing to the computer on the demo nearly every time - quick dart down the wing, cross... and on the replay, my defender not moving as the striker calmly steps ahead of him to score unchallenged. Yes, sometimes you can get control of your defender in time and move him, but most of the time it doesn't work or there's just no time to do it. And the CPU defenders are just as dumb too, so it takes the fun out of scoring against the comp from high crosses. Doesn't happen every time, but it does most of the time. Defenders should stick with their strikers and the only way the attacker should get ahead is through intelligent movement or pace... not just by calmly stepping past an oblivious CB who's standing still, letting him go by.

To me this is almost as important as improving the goalies. It's not such a blatant glitch as their flappy non-saves, but after a while it becomes very obvious. It's at least as big a problem as the "jog bug" from last year, probably a lot worse because you can't just pretend it's not there. HAS to be fixed in a patch, or this game's going to very frustrating indeed.

Had the problem but not having it anymore Mr Pere. I am not sure if it is the quality of the defenders as I have been very successful with the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Osasuna against the Madrids and Man poo's. I tend to be on th elookout for it when I see the COM shaping up to take it wide. Its really as if your mind is now in 2 places

I will switch back to Santos and Penarol to see if it is inherent to the players with lower stats but I doubt. I also dont get caught out on the counter with those deadly throughballs as I am reading it now and giving myself a bit of space to ensure I close down the striker once he receives it not trying to get it off him as soon as he does ala PES2011, pressure has been hardcoded into our minds it seems.

Had the problem but not having it anymore Mr Pere. I am not sure if it is the quality of the defenders as I have been very successful with the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Osasuna against the Madrids and Man poo's. I tend to be on th elookout for it when I see the COM shaping up to take it wide. Its really as if your mind is now in 2 places

I will switch back to Santos and Penarol to see if it is inherent to the players with lower stats but I doubt. I also dont get caught out on the counter with those deadly throughballs as I am reading it now and giving myself a bit of space to ensure I close down the striker once he receives it not trying to get it off him as soon as he does ala PES2011, pressure has been hardcoded into our minds it seems.

In PES 2011 I always tried to do it all; switching between as many defenders as possible to pressure the opponent. Now I often trust defending the wing to my teammates while I attend to tracking the opposing CF runs into the box. It works quite well most of the time. What my teammates don't block, I can usually get a head to.

Why are you tring from a while now, to force us to think that the game is crap... ? if u dont like it go play FIFA

aha.... what ?? Oo wtf is your problem ?? Online of PES since 2007 is mess , if Konami don't announced the online mode, then there will be not improvements ? I want to hear something about online mode, nobody asks you . :BORED:

It takes some getting used to and you sometimes have to be very quick with your switch or you get the CPU playing for you but so far it seems to play much better. I urge people to give it a go, especially if you play a slow build up passing game like me, the game flows better this way. But have patience, like I said it takes some getting used to but there is reward for this. Give it a try!

Bolded part is really something you have to get used to, but it doesn't take long. Feels good, we can appreciate smart moves made by AI controlled teammates even more.

But there was one odd 'glitch' with unassisted switching ... I wasn't able switch to my keeper if I deliberately returned the ball back to him, he'd pass or grab&pass the ball under AI control. Or is it just me doing something wrong?

fenerlea,if you are flemish you could look to the site of dreamland,they have a webshop,there is an option for french language pes releasedate available 1-10 and an english language euro version for releasedate 14-10,i understand you like the french language game ,they have an option to pay by banktransfer ,when they have the game you can choose to pick it up in a colruyt or dreamland shop nearest to your home,price almost 60 euro,check it out.

Thanks! I'll have a look.

There's one thing I dont like about the full game:
Many teams in Liga BBVA have barebones kits, with only the emblem and somewhat proper colors, and an all grey GK kit. Atletico Madrid home and away socks are wrong for example.
I think it was the same with PES 2011 before the first DLC?

Back
Top Bottom