PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Just a few thoughts after playing a couple of games. (PC version)Game seems better than the demo in terms of passing. Playing on 0 bar really gives you some nice options now. It feels free-er than the demo. Manual passes are much better as well. The ball physics and the pace of the game feel about right now. You can always choose your gamespeed if you feel it's too fast or slow anyway.

One bug I found still exists is the one where you do a replay just as the opposition keeper is about to take a goalkick and he just freezes after that, and you can go and tap in. They really need to fix this!

Transfers are a mess, mostly not updated at all.

Liverpool still has Meireles, Cole, Poulsen, Ngog and Kyrgiakos. But has Adam and Henderson in there too.

Arsenal still have Fabregas, Bendtner and Nasri. None of the new signings are there.

Played one half and it feels a lot more difficult than the demo was. Whether that's because Arsenal are closing down more or whether it's because 0 passing assist is a LOT more manual, not sure.

Van Persie and Fabregas combined so well, a lot more like Demo 1 in the "smartness" of the AI. Fab backheeled it to RVP, who sidestepped passed Carragher and rifled a lot shot in. Looked very classy. Now getting beat 2-1, this is very different to the demo! :LOL:

Finished 2-1, I THINK I'm on Professional but that was MUCH harder than the demo ever was. I had NO chance of knocking the ball around the 18-yard box like I could on the demo. Still had 58% possession but that was because I actively tried to keep hold of the ball as the lack of passing assistance shows so much now.

Big improvement from the demo already.

thanks mate glad you aren't winning anymore. :)

Please do us a favour take on Madrid on Top player and tell us how it goes. If they do a throughball with a quick slide by Benzema or something similar I am going to vomit.

explain in more depth what i've under lined as i really don't see what you've pointed out :THINK:

When I say it doesn't replicate football I don't mean all the time. There are some good moments, but there are moments when you are trying to defend but the other team's attackers just super-roll past you and the ball ends in the net eventually(sometimes after a little deflection of the players in front of the goal). This would be ok, but only the AI can do this. Human controlled teams must pass the ball and find a hole in the defense(real life-like).
Sometimes my whole defense feels like a hole.
I said I feel cheated because I had great expectations and I really care about this game.
I'm still going to play it, but I know this could've been a masterpiece of a game, and it's not.

No I'm not and I'm not going to argue about it. This is how I see the game.
I stated an opinion, I know many other people think otherwise and it's ok.

New 'Blimp' camera
fp1qhs.jpg
2ugm32q.jpg

I'm loving the defending now on demo 2, I've kind of solved the problem I had of repeatedly allowing defenders to get through on goal from lofted through passes, I now close down with the second man and manually control my centre back and track the run from deep. It works beautifully. Speaking as an ex-defender myself, I love it. It allows me to track back, keep pace with the striker trying to burst through, and if done correctly, occasionally I can step up with that defender as the ball is played and catch the attacker offside. It's awesome.

Just played Spurs v Bayern, was gobsmacked at how much fun and how realistic it played. Robben (the CPU) controlled from a throw in, cut inside, skipped past a couple of challenges before drilling it low from outside the area into my bottom corner. Brilliant goal. Then Robben crossed for Ribery to steal in late and nod home for 0-2. After that, I rode my luck and should have been further behind before Hutton held the ball up, played it into Van Der Vaart, and I tapped R2 as he took the ball and pushed in the direction, just as Jimmy said he does. I worked brilliantly, a tiny touch took the ball away from the defender and Van Der Vaart rolled a low shot under the onrushing keeper. Lovely. He then rushed in to pick the ball out of the net, animated cameras etc all tracking him. The game felt so organic and alive.

After that, Robben took me to the cleaners again, got hacked over in the box, ref played advantage, and Muller got the last touch for 1-3. In the 90th minute or so, Hutton grabbed another with a header from a Bale corner, then Bale almost snatched an unlikely draw with a long range effort that must have clipped the post before going wide.

If games are going to play like this then ML will be absolutely amazing this year.

On the gameplay front, I've no real complaints with keepers, they've been pretty solid IMO. I love all the tiny improvements too - no more auto kick off from PES2011, the quick throw ins, the way switching kickers stays in the same screen as a player runs over to join you, the way fouls don't have replays anymore, offsides are far more realistic and less frequent, and I love the animated people by the pitch and live broadcast feel when you see tiny little cut scenes of players when the ball goes out. Lovely.

Two points though I do have issue with. Maybe it's because I'm controlling better sides in the game, but ground passes don't seem very different depending on the player to me. Hutton felt as accurate as Modric for example. Maybe I've not played it enough yet, or tried more adventurous passes, but it doesn't feel massively different from player to player.

LIGA BBVA PES 2012

Athletic Club de Bibao

At. Madrid

Rcd Eapañol

Barcelona

Getafe

Granada

Levante

Málaga

Mallorca

Osasuna

Rayo Vallecano

Real Betis

Real Racing

Real Madrid

Real Sociedad

Sevilla

Real Sporting

Valencia

Villarreal

Real Zaragoza

Bonus track: Gol de Messi cámara dirigible CPU vrs CPU Modo Dificultad: LEYENDA / SUPERSTAR

YouTube - Messi gol Camara Dirigible Dificultad Leyenda * Superstar

Oh and another thing. It's hilarious. On Demo 2, when you finish a game, and the 'Match Details/Highlights' etc options come up, and the screen is still panning around the stadium, really listen to the voices in the crowd. After a while you notice there's someone in the crowd who shouts;

"who's that fucking wanka!".

I kid you not. Have a listen. Try it when playing as Spurs, I think the cockney voice may be a spurs fan!

One bug I found still exists is the one where you do a replay just as the opposition keeper is about to take a goalkick and he just freezes after that, and you can go and tap in. They really need to fix this!

Have you got a video of this? I tweeted this bug to Jon Murphy and he asked if I had a video so he could see the problem. I have tried to recreate it so I can take a video but no luck yet.

Oh and another thing. It's hilarious. On Demo 2, when you finish a game, and the 'Match Details/Highlights' etc options come up, and the screen is still panning around the stadium, really listen to the voices in the crowd. After a while you notice there's someone in the crowd who shouts;

"who's that fucking wanka!".

I kid you not. Have a listen. Try it when playing as Spurs, I think the cockney voice may be a spurs fan!

Hahaha. Well I think I heard the coach calling out something during one of my games. Urging someone to shoot I think. Was great.

Had a couple of really good games on the weekend with the 2nd demo. It's like the game played a lot better for some reason. Even the AI seemed to be more considered in their attack :)

Only couple of bugs I noticed:
- Hitting lofted through balls (i.e. with LB/L1) seems a bit buggy. I've had quite a few go along the ground?? And one where it gets scooped up into the air like the keeper has kicked it straight up in the air. Under no pressure either. Weird.

- On 360, in one game the passing felt a bit sluggish as if there was button lag. Hadn't felt like that in any other games before.

Like Dags has said. The full game is much harder and I'm trying to figure out why. They seemed to have increased the CPU reaction time and improved the positioning. The problem so far is that even the crappiest of crappy teams never miss a beat. The catchup mechanic is back (to a lesser extent) and pressure has increased tenfold across the pitch. Expect the CPU's strikers to mercilessly run at full speed ALL the time (without any apparent loss of stamina over the course of the game). Playing the D2 league of ML is very disappointing so far. While the presentation is great, all of the teams have to SAME strategy: LONG BALL, High Pressure.

I'm about 15 games into the ML and every game has basically boiled down to: 1) the CPU launching a long pass from the midfield which cannot be intercepted (super cancel won't help) OR 2) The CPU runs to the wings and crosses it in (same area all the time).

I like difficulty, but my initial feeling is that the final code is difficult for all the wrong reasons. Demo 2's balance was good enough I don't know why they felt the need to screw with it.

My biggest problem is the overpowered stats, I mean even lower clubs or national teams have way too much control, technique, shooting accuracy than they really should... and the top teams well they just have it over the top even more obviously.

Is anyone getting/importing Winning Eleven 2012 from Japan/Play-Asia.com ?http://www.play-asia.com/World_Soccer_Winning_Eleven_2012/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4cmu.html

Bloody hell, the game is $97 whooping US Dollars, WTF ??

I have a STRONG feIs anyone getting/importing Japanese Winning Eleven 2012 ? http://www.play-asia.com/World_Soccer$97 freaking US Dollars ? Are you kidding me. November 3rd release date. Why do I feel this game will be BETTER, more polished as its coming in November 3rd. It simply does not make sence to me that Konami would release first in US, then Europe, then Asia. Something is #definitely going on here.

Like Dags has said. The full game is much harder and I'm trying to figure out why. They seemed to have increased the CPU reaction time and improved the positioning. The problem so far is that even the crappiest of crappy teams never miss a beat. The catchup mechanic is back (to a lesser extent) and pressure has increased tenfold across the pitch. Expect the CPU's strikers to mercilessly run at full speed ALL the time (without any apparent loss of stamina over the course of the game). Playing the D2 league of ML is very disappointing so far. While the presentation is great, all of the teams have to SAME strategy: LONG BALL, High Pressure.

I'm about 15 games into the ML and every game has basically boiled down to: 1) the CPU launching a long pass from the midfield which cannot be intercepted (super cancel won't help) OR 2) The CPU runs to the wings and crosses it in (same area all the time).

I like difficulty, but my initial feeling is that the final code is difficult for all the wrong reasons. Demo 2's balance was good enough I don't know why they felt the need to screw with it.

Bad, very very bad!
It can not be so...
Or maybe AI players are taking illegal drugs ....

Just played some matches on CL with Full Game on PC. Someone tell me if is just me or final code is more like PES 2011 than demo 2 and demo 1 code? Is like every new code is worst than the old one.

Btw cpu's AI is like crap, somes observations:

-They're like running missiles aiming directly to my goal.
-Most of the time the cpu defense shot this ridiculous very hight long ball that never falls down.
-The defence catch you inmediatly when you run to the goal? (just like 2011)

Is like on the full game the only things that looks like PES 2012 are the menus (well and the burst run) the rest is PES 2011!

Konami are you in crack?

Just played some matches on CL with Full Game on PC. Someone tell me if is just me or final code is more like PES 2011 than demo 2 and demo 1 code? Is like every new code is worst than the old one.

-Most of the time the cpu defense shot this ridiculous very hight long ball that never falls down.

Is like on the full game the only things that looks like PES 2012 are the menus (well and the burst run) the rest is PES 2011!

Konami are you in crack?

Pes 2012 looks like Pes 2011?:CONFUSE: Change your glasses mate:TTTH:

Pes 2012 looks like Pes 2011?:CONFUSE: Change your glasses mate:TTTH:

It definitely doesn't look like PES 2011, but something went wrong along the way. Each game plays out like a war of attrition. CPU mindlessly bashes itself against your defense until it inevitably shoots, if you intercept a pass they immediately hound you down (via last year's catch up mechanic) and force your player to stumble (once again like last year).

In one particularly hilarious game against Wondergine (yes WONDERGINE!!), I watched helplessly as they one touched, backheeled and through-chipped their way to an equalizer. From defense to goal probably took 5 seconds and involved 5 passes. Messi and crew couldn't pull this off on their best day. Even if I had the reflexes of a battle-proven alley cat, I wouldn't have been able to stop that goal.

Now 20 games in, I've scraped my way to 6th place in the league with 8W 9D 3L, but even when I win, the fun of both demos is lost.

Last edited:

In preview code is same m8.
Look here what i write weeks before
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2323352&postcount=7671

And yes, D1 is same.

WTF? Konami have gone from great demo to so so game like PES 2011? Start protesting on Twitter if this is the case. Why the @#$%% do they keep changing things? If it's that bad I'll keep PES 2011 lol

This doesn't sound good... WTF is going on? I don't believe a word of this bollocks until I've played it myself though.

It definitely doesn't look like PES 2011, but something went wrong along the way. Each game plays out like a war of attrition. CPU mindlessly bashes itself against your defense until it inevitably shoots, if you intercept a pass they immediately hound you down (via last year's catch up mechanic) and force your player to stumble (once again like last year).

In one particularly hilarious game against Wondergine, I watched helplessly as they one touched, backheeled and through-chipped their way to an equalizer. From defense to goal probably took 5 seconds and involved 5 passes. Even if I had the reflexes of a battle-proven alley cat, I wouldn't have been able to stop that goal.

Now 20 games in, I've scraped my way to 6th place in the league with 8W 9D 3L, but even when I win, the fun of both demos is lost.

For me playing against CPU is waste of time. You can check the game when you play with human/online. Maybe playing with CPU is annoying i don't know:))

Konami are you in crack?

In one particularly hilarious game against Wondergine (yes WONDERGINE!!), I watched helplessly as they one touched, backheeled and through-chipped their way to an equalizer. From defense to goal probably took 5 seconds and involved 5 passes. Messi and crew couldn't pull this off on their best day. Even if I had the reflexes of a battle-proven alley cat, I wouldn't have been able to stop that goal.

In preview code is same m8.
Look here what i write weeks before
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2323352&postcount=7671

And yes, D1 is same.

What difficulty are yous on?

Back
Top Bottom