PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Created 20 stadiums, add to them the 13 fake ones which you can edit and you have a total of 33 editable stadiums.

Thanks again! At least enough space for stadiums I see!:D

See anything new? Able to make some closed stadiums? crowd closer to the pitch stuff like that?

And hopefully enough slots for emblems this year!

Paulo, did you get asked to choose a club in BAL? Or did you just start at Cesena automatically?

Yup, automatically. It was actually a very nice setting, I have to say - can't wait to play this on the PS3.

However, the agent does say that if I choose my desired clubs, he'll get to work on them immediately - maybe some of them could sign you right away.

Regarding stats, you now can pick some preset templates based on your playing style, and he'll generate a random player based on the profile you picked. You have the All-rounder, the finisher, the speedster, the tank, etc. It's basically a shortcut for the player generation, instead of randomly generating a player and then giving you 20 points to allocate.

Cheers,

Paulo

Regarding BAL, are your stats more realistic this time?

Off the top of my head, I can remember my stats generally being low but a couple were in the 80's, maybe speed was one. I think shot accuracy was in the 90's though, I might be wrong but will check later if I get a chance.

Yup, automatically. It was actually a very nice setting, I have to say - can't wait to play this on the PS3.

However, the agent does say that if I choose my desired clubs, he'll get to work on them immediately - maybe some of them could sign you right away.

Regarding stats, you now can pick some preset templates based on your playing style, and he'll generate a random player based on the profile you picked. You have the All-rounder, the finisher, the speedster, the tank, etc. It's basically a shortcut for the player generation, instead of randomly generating a player and then giving you 20 points to allocate.

Cheers,

Paulo

Thanks Paulo, glad to know it wasn't just me missing out options somewhere. I think it'd make more sense to start at a club matching your nationality though. Being English, it seems a bit weird to start as a youngster at Bologna. I am enjoying playing alongside Di Vaio though :D

Well, I say playing but in 5 games, I've only started one game :( Came on as a sub, scored the winning goal and a 7.5 but still got dropped for the next game :(

One tiny thing I've noticed is that they've removed that new scene showing a free kick taker running off to be replaced by a new one.

Fade to black again now.

Ahhh crap, what about for throw ins and corners? does it fade to black for everything?

Why introduce a great feature then take it out like that, this infuriates me. They've got to give us an explanation for this.

My first - and only - game so far was a disgrace, having 5.5 rating... Yes, I agree that it would make more sense to start at your league. Maybe I have to put my desired clubs as the lower clubs of my home league... I had never though of that, to be honest, since the Portuguese league is already sub-par, but hey, I'll try to play for a lower club there - that now is hardcore :)

...then again, staying in a better league might give me more visibility, and maybe I'll even play in an international competition.

Decisions, decisions... :)

I'm trying to strike the balance between attack and defence with the camera modes. I feel that attacking wise Wide Cam enables me to play the game at its easiest as it gives the clearest view of the pitch, but I want the game to be a little more defence orientated and more sim like. With this in mind I have now switched to Long cam which I hadn't played with in this version. Must say I'm very impressed. Whilst I haven't got the on screen vision of the wide cam to hit long balls, the game feels tighter as a result and have only conceded two goals in three games.

I feel that the long camera option (with adjust screen zoom out 5 notches) plays a really good game of football, as I can really use RT and O effectively to contain fast aggressive players like Ribbery and Robben. Because I'm in closer I really see the graphics much more clearer and the response of the players etc.

Like I say doing a bit of experimenting and I think for me at least, this is where it's at to enjoy the full experience that little bit more.

Any thoughts?

Long cam was my choice in the demo as well.

So the EU version is a couple of weeks earlier than the UK version, surely there will be option files for it? Or will it be better to hold out untill the UK version arrives?

Off the top of my head, I can remember my stats generally being low but a couple were in the 80's, maybe speed was one. I think shot accuracy was in the 90's though, I might be wrong but will check later if I get a chance.

Thanks.

I hated the way the game restricted your abilities in 2011, I don't want my guy to be perfect but having a passing accuracy of 57 is taking the piss. I'm a (digital) professional footballer, given time and space I can play simple ten yard passes without the ball moving about like its having a seizure.

BAL is freaking AWESOME! Im on the moon from joy! Have to hurry home.. 3 games and no goals.. not easy at all..

i got 63*, turning skills & pinpoint pass, 80s in speed, 78 pass, good physical condition.. grow is pretty slow..

BAL is freaking AWESOME! Im on the moon from joy! Have to hurry home.. 3 games and no goals.. not easy at all..

i got 63*, turning skills & pinpoint pass, 80s in speed, 78 pass, good physical condition.. grow is pretty slow..

I didn't see if I had any cards but I'm sure I haven't got "turning skills", I'm the equivilent of Titus Bramble playing up front with my agility it seems :LOL:

Will start a new BAL once a good OF comes out though. It's never great playing with fake kits, team names and outdated squads.

Created 20 stadiums, add to them the 13 fake ones which you can edit and you have a total of 33 editable stadiums.

Thanks again! At least enough space for stadiums I see!:D

See anything new? Able to make some closed stadiums? crowd closer to the pitch stuff like that?

And hopefully enough slots for emblems this year!
Not sure how many slots for emblems mate. Might take a while to find this one out.
@Lami

In those 13 fake stadiums what we can edit?

I'll check in a minute mate.

Regarding BAL, are your stats more realistic this time?

My rating's 57 as a SS. Highest are Short pass acc 79, Dribble acc 77, Dribble speed 75, and Form 8! The rest 50's, 60's and couple 40's.

Oh yes and I've got Pinpoint pass, Flip flap and step on skills cards :D

It sounds better then, I don't have any issues with slow growth I just don't want my guy to take four touches just to turn 90 degrees.

got my copy. way better than demo 2. ai back to the strength of demo 1...no idea what happened with demo 2, at least for me.

game is great. :) :WORSHIP:

I didn't see if I had any cards but I'm sure I haven't got "turning skills", I'm the equivilent of Titus Bramble playing up front with my agility it seems :LOL:

Will start a new BAL once a good OF comes out though. It's never great playing with fake kits, team names and outdated squads.

well i want to play so i started with BAL, once OF is out i will transfer him to my ML, so have to get him to at least 75 now :D

Yesterday's update was the myPES option, it only appeared a message of how to install it, and the last one was the 3D support.

Has anyone tried importing their face to their BAL player yet? Was wondering if Konami have improved the technology for doing this yet. It's great fun in FIFA's Be A Pro, but I couln't import my face into PES2011 without it looking REALLY bizarre, like someone had flattened my face with a rolling pin!

I must say after playing some more matches I am EXTREMELY disapointed that this is all KONAMI managed to come up with in 1 years time.

Yes its better than PES 2011, but by much? Not really... its slightly better and more refined and thats basically it, very disapointing.

There are many issues Gk's etc... but not mentioning those I only ask miself why couldn't they at least make the 1 thing they said they are FOCUSING on as a PRIORITY as well as it should be, which is the AI.

The main focus this year was AI, but sadly I don't see this great AI that KONAMI talked about, I mean the players are still fairly dumb not aware of surroundings sometime and the most horrible thing is that the AI plays the same always.
No matter WHO you play against, Barca, Real, some low tier club.. they ALL play exactly the same, no matter what tactics they have or anything..

For example I edited Barca's tactics to posession football, I also made their line up as it is in real life, all that and when I had them play Real on superstar difficulty it was painful for me to watch... they play NOTHING like Barca, the funny thing is they don't even play posession football as their tactic suggests.

So basically the Tactics we have in PES are all the same... only slight differences here and there but nothing big really, I mean Barca had posession tactics and all they did was RUSH forward, pass FORWARD without any build up play, even long balls forward many times which is so NOT posession football btw and then pass towards the wings and cross into the box.

That was basically 80% of their attacks, now how does KONAMI expect me to enjoy such a game with no inviduality, no differences between teams etc etc... and how is this the great AI that KONAMI was talking so much about? I fail to see it.

Tactics for every club have almost always been largely the same, for every football game ever made. I think people are expecting too much. But the standard of attacking play the AI has produced in the demo is by far the most sophisticated I've yet seen. One touch passing, long shots, lobbed passes it's all there. So they haven't got the team styles down just yet, but that will come as games get more sophisticated.

As for keepers, am I the only person who doesn't really have much issue? They're a tad weak overall but also pull off some amazing saves. Let's just see how they go after the patch.

But people are being a bit harsh IMO about the keepers. I'm sure someone earlier in this thread showed a video of a goal that took a deflection off a defender about 5 yards out, then the keeper reacted too late before it went into the net, and the poster claimed this was a keeper error. I see deflected goals all the time in real life where the keeper doesn't react. It's a deflection after all.

And I don't see how this is apparently barely different to PES2011. It feels like an entirely new game to me.

I would be slightly less disappointed about the tactics if players weren't played out of position by the CPU, especially full backs.

EDIT: Is the wing back position in the full game?

Adam_Bhatti Adam Bhatti
AWESOME NEWS! PC patch 1.01 for #PES2012 has brought the keeper patch! First reports are supremely positive!

Another comment on GKs after patch 1.01:

Also an den Goalies hat sie EINIGES! (zum positiven) geändert mit dem ersten Patch. Hab jetzt 5 spiel gemacht mit patch ->kein TW-Fehler +unheimlich gute Paraden vor allem im Eins gegen Eins.
Einige hier sollten zumindest warten bis das Spiel raus(inklusive Start-patch) ist bevor sie hier herumschreien was alles nicht hinauen wird heuer....

So, GKs are really better in this version. Played 5 matches with patch -> no GK bugs/glitches + really good saves in one-on-one. Some of you should wait and play the final game with patch and before they can scream and hate

quote someone from german pesforum:

he said about the patch:

jungs gute Nachricht von mir

nach dem patch 1.01 sind die Torhüter viel besser geworden. Die Torhüter halten die Bälle nun fest und klatschen nicht mehr so oft ab.. sogar manche Fernschüsse können die Torhüter festhalten... so machts mehr bock

guys, i have good news for you:
After the installation of patch 1.01 the GKs are really better. They save the balls and hold them and less parry them... even distance shots will be hold... it makes more fun!

Is it possible that my main worry about the game has been sorted!? SOMEONE WITH THE PC VERSION GET DOWNLOADING AND INSTALL IT THEN REPORT BACK PLEEEEEEEASE :)

Has anyone tried importing their face to their BAL player yet? Was wondering if Konami have improved the technology for doing this yet. It's great fun in FIFA's Be A Pro, but I couln't import my face into PES2011 without it looking REALLY bizarre, like someone had flattened my face with a rolling pin!
Still the same LTFC.
I would be slightly less disappointed about the tactics if players weren't played out of position by the CPU, especially full backs.

EDIT: Is the wing back position in the full game?

Nope.

I hate that they took out the wingback position. Loved using Napoli in PES 2011. However, this year, Maggio has the offensive fullback card when you play him as RB, so I guess that's a work around.

I have read quite some comments about the full game but none concerning the refereeing.
Is it just me or.. did they dumb it down especially in the box. The 2nd year Konami does this..
I got hacked down quite a lot and pressured with 2 guys, nothing happens, and the ref just let it slide.. Maybe it's a cpu cheat
(Never used to happen in the demo)

Referee's were perfect in the demo, now they're just ok

Back
Top Bottom