PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

my friend in new york has got pes 2012,he knows a gameshop owner who gave it to him early,he said about copying files from pes 2011 all teams logos and players created from scratch WILL transfer over to pes 2012,but players who are base copied(raul,babel,diego etc)WONT transfer so all base copying players is a waste of time people

and john murphy was lying, there is no copy 1 file over crap,its still copy 300-400 files over to usb

Really ?! This is scandalous ! What's the point of importing players if we can't import base-copied players...

Thanks for the information anyway ;)

more news,theres a new import and export team from 1 pes 2012 file to another which is really a genius idea.

say for example i want a championship team on my option file say barnsley but i havent made them and dont have the time,i can go online now and find another pes 2012 optionfile with barnsley included and just import them straight in!!!

this is great news as far as im concerned as it will cut down the time needed to make teams as if someone else in the community has them it will just be a matter of importing the team that you need from their file

thanks konami

he has just started playing the game,everything is sharper than the demo,passing and shooting is better the player switching is superb,dribbling and ball control sharper,more camera options,ai moves in a sublime way,grafix bit better than demos,gamespeed also feels right,keepers are the same,no more silly replays after every foul

he's just said and i quote "this game is the fifa killer"

Last edited:
Professional, yep. Tried Top Player and won even easier with 5-1's. Need to try Superstar really, although that might just be more aggressive still and leave even more holes in defence and midfield whilst they attack.

Thats what it was like on the PS2 less challenge as they didnt defend as deep but i prefered it lol

I'm playing at pro and I set the pass support bar to zero, but this ain't a problem.

I'm having some big trouble to win the matches and I know that someone is going to answer like "You gotta play/train more", I really need to train but that's not the point..

I think I'm doing something wrong every match, because there are some tricks that I don't know, like how to set a effective gameplan (I don't know how) or tricks like :r2: + :x: at the right time when defending to a perform a better tackle (ok, this one I know how to).

So, does someone know some tricks like those or a tutorial to improve the way I play PES 2012? I will be very thankful :WORSHIP:

Thanks.

ps: Sorry for my bad english :ANX:

I did some calculation of passing accuracy stats and the results were surprising.

Code:
                   Japan (me) vs Ghana (cpu)
Total Passes:         | 221 |    | 167 |
Successful Passes:    | 177 |    | 116 |
Interceptions:        | 048 |    | 039 |

Pass Rate:            | 80% |    | 69% |
Interception Rate:    | 28% |    | 18% |

I was admittedly shocked.

1) Stats of the passing player
2) Form
3) Body position while passing
4) Assisted passing (think of this like auto-aim in shooting games like Call of Duty games)

All these change the pass direction from the intention of the analog stick.

I agree, but the problem is the outcome of situations using these stats.

If i play a ball with a weak passer, ok, the ball, can be to hard, to slow, ok, the direction can be a little off. behind the man, in front of him. the ball can bounce more etc etc. So, the receiving player needs more time to control the ball. A good passer will give a better ball, easy to control and the pace of the attack will stay high. Hey, thats football!!

But the ball should never go to a total other direction he is aiming for, often directly into a strikers feet.

Even a ''bad'' player (still proffesional) when he wants to pass the ball to the left, the ball will never go to the right.

Last edited:
I did some calculation of passing accuracy stats and the results were surprising.

Code:

So where'd that 95% passing accuracy come from? ;)

Code:

I dream it, 69% vanilla mode ...
On professional level (10 Match time), AI passing rate is ALWAYS over 85%, with peaks of 90%.
But this is not the most serious flaw.
In addition the worst thing though is that at least 50% (attack phase) of them are blind passes made with great timing and speed no matter individuality player.
I continue to be shocked....

Last edited:
Great read bro @sincover

The beauty of PES, and it's a huge strength even beyond simple gameplay is just the way matches unfold. Every match seems different. Every match even against the same teams in the demo seems to pan out differently. Every game has an inner beauty and a pulse, you even appreciate the somewhat dour games because they too pan out completely different from a cut and thrust game. A case in point would be my games last night. I had a rip roaring game 2-2 as Inter v Bayern. Shots galore, thrills and spills. I then had an extremely tactical affair with Spurs v Bayern, think I had 2 or 3 shots and so did they. Then an hour later, I had a rip roarer against Bayern as Spurs, 3-2 to Bayern.

In between I had a game which the keeper haters should have seen, Gomes was absolutely sensational for me against Inter in a 1-0 squeeky win. He made FIVE or SIX worldies. Really bailed me out.I didn't hear the CPU complaining of cheating :)

In another game yesterday I was coating against Rangers, winning 2-0 easily in about 78 minutes. I had the entire game in my hand, for most of the game. I made one silly defensive pass putting my left back under pressure who was robbed of the ball and they went onto score. 2-1 now and the next ten minutes were a completely different story. With the apparent momentum out of my hands Rangers scored again in the 87th minute, a brilliant Jelavic header and could have gone onto to win the game with their dominance.

I never take any results for granted now. You give the CPU a sniff and they'll let rip the last ten minutes.

This is why I love PES. PES strikes up that perfect balance of 'being in control' but not being in total control of events. Just like real life. It's this element of unpredictability that will see me right through this years Master League.

Last edited:
my friend in new york has got pes 2012,he knows a gameshop owner who gave it to him early,he said about copying files from pes 2011 all teams logos and players created from scratch WILL transfer over to pes 2012,but players who are base copied(raul,babel,diego etc)WONT transfer so all base copying players is a waste of time people

and john murphy was lying, there is no copy 1 file over crap,its still copy 300-400 files over to usb

:CRY::SHAKE:

Worst news I have heard on PES yet.

I'm on my day off and decided to play a 50 min game (25min/half), Newcastle v Wigan. Of all the matches I've played, this was probably my hardest yet. Ameobi even pulled a 'Nando.
The speed of Wigan's counter attacks ripped me apart in the first half. My frustration was doubled by Demba Ba's lack of awareness and inability to make smart runs off the shoulders of Wigan's CBs.

I began the second half 1-0 down and decided to move Ben Arfa to AMF and pushed Tiote up near the half line. I also subbed in Løvenkrands and Ameobi. My central midfield was very open but I knew that Gutiérrez would track back to cover the gap if necessary.

The second half was a totally different game. Ben Arfa, Gutiérrez and Løvenkrands mercilessly launched attack after attack, luring the FBs to the center and then exploiting the space on the wings. Ameobi just wan't up to the job however and failed to capitalize on at least 3 clear chances (including the 'Nando I mentioned earlier).

Hoping to hold on to their one goal lead, Wigan had resorted to playing a completely defensive formation and adopted very defensive tactics. Palms sweaty, I moved Ben Arfa up to the very edge of the box with 77 mins elapsed on the clock. This decision proved to be a fateful one, as within 5 mins, Ben Arfa skipped past 2 defenders and after being pushed off the ball by Caldwell, regained his footing to nestle the ball in the corner of the net.

Right then. It's fucking on. I switched tactics from Long Ball/Possession to Counter Attack and waited for Wigan's inevitable push for the winner. In the 85th minute, they launched a brutal attack, pushing 9 players into my half. By now my bloody armpits were sweating like crazy. I could feel the sweat running down my arms. Would my risky tactic work?

BOOM!!! Rodallega released a monstrous low shot that took a deflection. Harper was moving the wrong way and caught wrong-footed. The ball seemed to move in slow motion, teasing me with every bobble, I mouthed the word "SHIT" and resigned myself to a loss.

CLANG!

Off the post? Off the fucking post!! My hands can barely keep a grip on the controller. Tiote gets the rebound and with a deft touch, pushes it into space near the corner flag. I notice both Ben Arfa and Løvenkrands bursting foward. Arfa was being closely marked, but in their haste their took their man off of Løvenkrands. Big mistake. I decided to use a manual long pass and placed the ball a few meters ahead of Løvenkrands. By now the lone defender had moved forward in an attempt to close the angle and put Ben Arfa offside. Løvenkrands sped past him like he wasn't even there, but in doing so over hit the ball. Sensing an opportunity to be the hero, Kirkland rushes forward. Too late. Løvenkrands gets there first and with a touch of R2, calmly places the ball in the corner of the net. 2-1.

While Løvenkrands ran to the adboard to celebrate I just sat there and thought about what had happened. My shirt, cold and wet from sweat, clung to my chest. My hands were slippery but hot from all of the blood and adrenaline being pumped to keep them functional.

This must be what Sir Alex or Pep feel like when their teams have outsmarted and outplayed their opponents. While Wigan played at the same physical level as my players, they were tactically undone and by the end of the game, couldn't string two passes together. This is why PES will always be my footy game of choice.

When the referee blew the final whistle, I sat up and exited the game immediately. My newborn lay next to me, looking quizzically at what I imagine must have been quite a sight; his pops, drenched with sweat muttering "Master League".

Thanks for reading gents. I'm off to take a nap now.

I love everything about that.

Edit- Zee, how come your not wetting yourself at that D'Alessandro R2 first-touch in the video ? How come I'm the only one that feels that is an amazing replication of technique ? I'm lost. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Sorry to quote my own post, but I just wanted to highlight what I meant with the R2 First Touch. Amazing. Also, my Link Feint Combo's in effect.

YouTube - Encore D'Alessandro

Sorry for those you cant see with an I-Phone, I wish I knew in advance which tunes Youtube would allow.FFS.

Oh jesus navas how did I miss this:SHOCK:

Wow mate just WOW!!! love that and nice hitting the shot with the laces on that cultured left foot.

A few more weeks to go.....

The defensive AI (leaves too much space outside of the area), the keepers, the ease with which players dribble past opponents even when they are not skilled enough, the pass accuracy of the A.I. are all things that MUST be sorted. Without these improvements games will always finish wit 4-5, 5-3 scores, especially in multiplayer. Trust me on this.

Also, strikers must be LESS clinical and score LESS amazing goals. We need a more down to earth approach for many of the chances.

Last edited:
This will be my first Pes on my ps3 and the first one i am going to play online. I am really interested on the communuty mode online as now it seems very easy to create a community of good players that do not cheat (the reason i avoided online games till now its exactly cause i dont like that when i am winning, someone can simply disconnect to not let me give the pleasure of kicking his ass:RANT:)
I am impatient like a baby that is going to play his first real football match in a real football field :SMUG:
Hopefully i should menage to get my copy a couple of days earlier too :BOP:

I'm playing at pro and I set the pass support bar to zero, but this ain't a problem.

I'm having some big trouble to win the matches and I know that someone is going to answer like "You gotta play/train more", I really need to train but that's not the point..

I think I'm doing something wrong every match, because there are some tricks that I don't know, like how to set a effective gameplan (I don't know how) or tricks like :r2: + :x: at the right time when defending to a perform a better tackle (ok, this one I know how to).

So, does someone know some tricks like those or a tutorial to improve the way I play PES 2012? I will be very thankful :WORSHIP:

Thanks.

ps: Sorry for my bad english :ANX:

If it helps, let the manager decide your tactics for you, then you can just change things like offside trap/att/def levels/substitution frequency.

Also when defending you have to be a little more aggresive with the pressure button. The mistake i was making was i was trying to contain the opposistion too much. Just try to contain players like Robben/ribery/lennon. When you get the balance between pressure and containment the AI doesnt get anywhere the shots on goal that it would in just using X + R2 too much.

On another note, i love how now once again you really feel like you are in control of players like lennon, i think it is down to the great dribbling this game now allows especially when you master the burst control. I find that for the first time in years i am now using the right side of the pitch a lot more, because i know players like Robben & Lennon are going to make a big difference to my attacking play.

Another good thing is in one match yesterday i started with lennon although he was on a purple arrow and the game replicated this well as Lennon just couldnt get into the game and went missing for long periods and not linking up with the play too well.

Also i have to agree with Jimmy in that the copa teams are a massive challenge on pro level with unnasisted settings. After 2 games last night i lost 2-1 then 4-1.

I know its getting a bit cliched but this game does reward the more you play it. Although i think i will have to dig the pes5 piggyback tutorial out (the bible) and freshen up on formations and stuff.​

I went unbeaten last night on PES !! :DANCE:

......Ok, so I only had time for two games, but still, I was unbeaten... :TU:

I also managed to pull off another one of those R2 first-touch turns, but this time with Leandro. I can see this tactic being very useful indeed. I literally clipped a high pass into him on the edge of the box, timed the R2 press with the relevant direction, and he to, took out the CB and scored. I can see this being a great option for both decent target men, or nippy slicksters. At worst you'll draw a foul from a trailing leg, but more often than not, it's a great tool to turn a defender inside-out. I love it, it's so realistic.

This is definitely confirmed? are you sure there was something he just wasn´t doing right?
If true, that is a big letdown, I though you could transfer a whole team, what my base copied players are in f.e. a created team like Schalke, and I transfer them on to pes 2012 why would the players dissapear?

This is definitely confirmed? are you sure there was something he just wasn´t doing right?
If true, that is a big letdown, I though you could transfer a whole team, what my base copied players are in f.e. a created team like Schalke, and I transfer them on to pes 2012 why would the players dissapear?

because base copied players are not real players,if you made them from scratch they will copy over,konami are using the same database from pes 2011 but with new additions and omissions,my friend wouldnt have made any mistake as weve been making optionfiles together for 5 years,he know how the system works

Why would he lie about such a thing though?

i dont think he lied,i think he confused the issues,i think what he thought he was asked was about the new team import/export function for single teams which works fine,not the whole copying a full optionfile from ps3 to ps3

Oh. I guess that might be it. Too bad we still have to copy 300-500 files one by one :(

Unless that import/export option copies everything for every team, including badges, kits etc.

Oh. I guess that might be it. Too bad we still have to copy 300-500 files one by one :(

Unless that import/export option copies everything for every team, including badges, kits etc.

I'm considering switching my pre-order to the 360 version as I found it much quicker and easier to apply option files compared to the PS3.

I used the data transfer cable by the way. So quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom