PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Thanks for the tips, Jimmy, I can't view that vid just yet but I'll be sure to check it out and give the R2 first touch thing a go :)

Don't do it too early or your player will move away without the ball ;)

True.

It's because the technique behind it, is that your player opens his body. Too early and he opens his body and can spin himself away from the ball. It's all about subtle timing. Which, is exactly the kind of technique used in real-life.

So "Zero Passing Assistance" doesn't exactly do what it says on the tin then? Felt like it was auto-passing to the wrong player more than on 1-bar. And didn't really feel like the passing was much different, if any, to 1-bar either.

So "Zero Passing Assistance" doesn't exactly do what it says on the tin then? Felt like it was auto-passing to the wrong player more than on 1-bar. And didn't really feel like the passing was much different, if any, to 1-bar either.

Really ? :SHOCK:

Jeez, I feel a world of difference. There is alot less thought required for me on 1-Bar. I was pinging the ball around for fun, I completely dominated the match. I went back to 'Zero', same teams, and got trounced.

I can't even remember the last time I played a pass to the wrong player on 'Zero'.

Try using lesser teams Dags, and play two games back-to-back.

Looking for some advice - just got a PS3 (yay new low price!), how easy is it to 'patch' the PS3 version? I'm from the ole skool swap magic days, but as I understand it you can just use a USB stick now?

I'm not to fussed with music/scoreboards etc, but would like kits and updated stats that people work so hard on.

If every player was the same, the pass would go exactly in the direction you held your analog stick.

I think passing in this game is made up of 4 factors that deviate from passes being mapped directly to the analog stick.

1) Stats of the passing player
2) Form
3) Body position while passing
4) Assisted passing (think of this like auto-aim in shooting games like Call of Duty games)

All these change the pass direction from the intention of the analog stick.

What the passing seem to do is reduce 4, the "auto aim", but I don't think it completely eliminates it.

On another note, I love watching the animations where a misplaced pass (because I tried to pass when the player had a non-optimal body position) causes the other player to slow down and turn to try to reach the bad pass.

Man City 3-0 Man Utd.

Pro, zero bars. 59% possession, 20 shots to their 5. I definitely had harder games as the Copa teams and that's fine but what happens when your ML team gets into the top league and has the same skilled players as the CPU? Worried it's too easy already :(

Looking for some advice - just got a PS3 (yay new low price!), how easy is it to 'patch' the PS3 version? I'm from the ole skool swap magic days, but as I understand it you can just use a USB stick now?

I'm not to fussed with music/scoreboards etc, but would like kits and updated stats that people work so hard on.

It's a doddle these days. Download Option File to USB, insert into your PS3 and press copy folder. It will do it all in one go this year. Incredibly simple.

Man City 3-0 Man Utd.

Pro, zero bars. 59% possession, 20 shots to their 5. I definitely had harder games as the Copa teams and that's fine but what happens when your ML team gets into the top league and has the same skilled players as the CPU? Worried it's too easy already :(

Jeez, not sure then Dags. Guess you will always have Superstar level.

I'm sure though, if you play like I do, with lesser teams, you should get a real challenge in your ML.

Last edited:
Man City 3-0 Man Utd.

You said Pro, as professional?
There are still two levels, top player and superstar
i always play top player in demo, and will try superstar
it must be shocking hard :CONFUSE:

You said Pro, as professional?
There are still two levels, top player and superstar
i always play top player in demo, and will try superstar
it must be shocking hard :CONFUSE:

Professional, yep. Tried Top Player and won even easier with 5-1's. Need to try Superstar really, although that might just be more aggressive still and leave even more holes in defence and midfield whilst they attack.

:LOL:

On another note, is everybody using the keeper as their last defender at all ? By that, I mean bringing him out with Triangle ? I used this alot in PES 2011 to narrow the angle and spread myself to dive at strikers feet. It works very well in PES 2012 as well. I'm still not sure what button it is to make the keeper dive and spread himself, I just mash all the face buttons and it works.

I only do it when necessary because the CPU can actually round your keeper now. The other day I tried to steamroller Eto'o in a 1 on 1 but he made Gomes look like a fool.

I only do it when necessary because the CPU can actually round your keeper now. The other day I tried to steamroller Eto'o in a 1 on 1 but he made Gomes look like a fool.

Exactly, 8 out of 10 times, the CPU will use fake shot to the advancing GK, it just makes a complete fool of the GK. M still to see a lobbed goal from CPU though. Would love to see it.

I'm on my day off and decided to play a 50 min game (25min/half), Newcastle v Wigan. Of all the matches I've played, this was probably my hardest yet. Ameobi even pulled a 'Nando.
The speed of Wigan's counter attacks ripped me apart in the first half. My frustration was doubled by Demba Ba's lack of awareness and inability to make smart runs off the shoulders of Wigan's CBs.

I began the second half 1-0 down and decided to move Ben Arfa to AMF and pushed Tiote up near the half line. I also subbed in Løvenkrands and Ameobi. My central midfield was very open but I knew that Gutiérrez would track back to cover the gap if necessary.

The second half was a totally different game. Ben Arfa, Gutiérrez and Løvenkrands mercilessly launched attack after attack, luring the FBs to the center and then exploiting the space on the wings. Ameobi just wan't up to the job however and failed to capitalize on at least 3 clear chances (including the 'Nando I mentioned earlier).

Hoping to hold on to their one goal lead, Wigan had resorted to playing a completely defensive formation and adopted very defensive tactics. Palms sweaty, I moved Ben Arfa up to the very edge of the box with 77 mins elapsed on the clock. This decision proved to be a fateful one, as within 5 mins, Ben Arfa skipped past 2 defenders and after being pushed off the ball by Caldwell, regained his footing to nestle the ball in the corner of the net.

Right then. It's fucking on. I switched tactics from Long Ball/Possession to Counter Attack and waited for Wigan's inevitable push for the winner. In the 85th minute, they launched a brutal attack, pushing 9 players into my half. By now my bloody armpits were sweating like crazy. I could feel the sweat running down my arms. Would my risky tactic work?

BOOM!!! Rodallega released a monstrous low shot that took a deflection. Harper was moving the wrong way and caught wrong-footed. The ball seemed to move in slow motion, teasing me with every bobble, I mouthed the word "SHIT" and resigned myself to a loss.

CLANG!

Off the post? Off the fucking post!! My hands can barely keep a grip on the controller. Tiote gets the rebound and with a deft touch, pushes it into space near the corner flag. I notice both Ben Arfa and Løvenkrands bursting foward. Arfa was being closely marked, but in their haste their took their man off of Løvenkrands. Big mistake. I decided to use a manual long pass and placed the ball a few meters ahead of Løvenkrands. By now the lone defender had moved forward in an attempt to close the angle and put Ben Arfa offside. Løvenkrands sped past him like he wasn't even there, but in doing so over hit the ball. Sensing an opportunity to be the hero, Kirkland rushes forward. Too late. Løvenkrands gets there first and with a touch of R2, calmly places the ball in the corner of the net. 2-1.

While Løvenkrands ran to the adboard to celebrate I just sat there and thought about what had happened. My shirt, cold and wet from sweat, clung to my chest. My hands were slippery but hot from all of the blood and adrenaline being pumped to keep them functional.

This must be what Sir Alex or Pep feel like when their teams have outsmarted and outplayed their opponents. While Wigan played at the same physical level as my players, they were tactically undone and by the end of the game, couldn't string two passes together. This is why PES will always be my footy game of choice.

When the referee blew the final whistle, I sat up and exited the game immediately. My newborn lay next to me, looking quizzically at what I imagine must have been quite a sight; his pops, drenched with sweat muttering "Master League".

Thanks for reading gents. I'm off to take a nap now.

Dags you are scaring me here I am not even close to winning regularly on professional. Then again I am playing on PC and chopping and changing teams and opponents.

PC here too.

Maybe it's my style of play? I tend to hold the ball up a bit and wait for players to make runs. Gives me tons of possession, prevents the CPU from getting the ball and really cut down on their chances whilst I tend to pass it around the 18 yard box waiting for openings. The CPU tends to panic a bit when they get the ball back and hoof it to my defence a lot of the time. Rinse and repeat.

Had that close Copa game but otherwise the CPU just doesn't come close to winning, it doesn't even get chances to shoot to get chances to score. And that's one my issues with the game really. The CPU needs to learn how to keep hold of the ball and retain possession more. It also tends to sit back TOO much and let me have the ball as much as I want to a point.

I think I've still got demo 1 installed so will try it later but I'm sure that demo was FAR harder as the CPU closed me down a lot more and was more dangerous with the ball. But on the other hand, it went on all-out attack and didn't pass the ball around at all. It still doesn't pass the ball around anywhe near how much as it should but at least it's more than demo 1.

Great read Sincover, that's the famous soul of PES right there.

Had my best session so far tonight. Before tonight I must have gone 20 odd games with Club America without managing to beat Internacional. Quite a few 1-1 draws but a lot of losses including some heavy drubbings.
Tonight my record reads something like W4 D2 L2. Scored more than 2 goals in a game for the first time too, in a 3-1 win. Montenegro has been the star of the show, compilation coming up.

Last edited:
Professional, yep. Tried Top Player and won even easier with 5-1's. Need to try Superstar really, although that might just be more aggressive still and leave even more holes in defence and midfield whilst they attack.

Drop it down below professional, Dags. Perhaps there is some kind of weird inverse difficulty curve going on here. :))

Drop it down below professional, Dags. Perhaps there is some kind of weird inverse difficulty curve going on here. :))

Might give it a go and see what difference it has. Even tho it's not hugely challenging, still massively love the game :))

my friend in new york has got pes 2012,he knows a gameshop owner who gave it to him early,he said about copying files from pes 2011 all teams logos and players created from scratch WILL transfer over to pes 2012,but players who are base copied(raul,babel,diego etc)WONT transfer so all base copying players is a waste of time people

and john murphy was lying, there is no copy 1 file over crap,its still copy 300-400 files over to usb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom