PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Passing accuracy seems to vary between teams, which is a good thing in my opinion. I just now played a game as Man Utd against Rangers, and the AI really struggled to string together three or more passes. If anything I'd like passing teams like Villarreal, Barcelona and Roma to pass a bit more and a bit more accurate.

Review Meristation Spanish:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...amp;iframe=1&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13166782000621

Score: 8

Best .-
. Animations faster and more immediate response pad
. The online game modes and the common way for many months
. Finally becomes a Training mode conditions
. Improvements in control: Teammate and Off the Ball Control
. The randomness is still his forte
. The Champions, Champions League, Libertadores, ... multitude of competitions

The worst .-
. The goalkeepers are directly BAD
. Transition between animations quickly ... but just as robotic and some slow
. The defensive AI and air balls on defense
. Missing the Premier League as the licenses principal lunar
. The typical "Konami moments" are still present and a tricky IA

Glad that someone begins to recognize pes is regaining quality. Meristation gave a 7 to pes 2011

And i agree with some of their negatives, goalkeepers bad, defensive AI on air balls. The Premier League missing is just a way to fill the negatives, it's not negative at all, since we will have it patches in a matter of hours

There is also a review (in Dutch) on that site.
Conclusion: 8/10 and they say PES is back.

Negative points: bad goalkeepers, now and then the intelligence of your team mates (when defending) and irrealistic goals.
Plus: point atmosphere, AI and a much better Master League (they clearly played the full game because they talked about Niklas Bendtner and Sulejmani...

There is also a review (in Dutch) on that site.
Conclusion: 8/10 and they say PES is back.

Negative points: bad goalkeepers, now and then the intelligence of your team mates (when defending) and irrealistic goals.
Plus: point atmosphere, AI and a much better Master League (they clearly played the full game because they talked about Niklas Bendtner and Sulejmani...

Pardon? I would say anything but not irrealistic goals, WTF ?

Nagatomo! Don't hate appreciate

He no good, Inter no longer big team after 2010. Seabass is Serie A and Inter fan he overrate italian teams. AC milan like the best team in PES 2012 lol.

Inter 0-0 Lecce
Inter 3-4 Palermo
Inter 0-1 Trabzonspor
Inter 0-0 Roma
Inter 1-3 Novara

:P

I wish people stopped complaining about keepers and complained more about defenders leaving open space on crosses.

Anyway back to the rating thing... looking at review code ratings... well guys get ready to play Barca and Barca online. AC milan could he an overrated strong team in PES 2012 but Barca is just too much. Barca are the best team in the world, but they not this good!

Messi - 98
Xavi - 97
Iniesta - 96
Fabregas - 95
Puyol - 94
Dani Alves - 94
Pique - 90

O.ooooooooooooooooooooo

Ronaldo, the second best player in the world gets... 95

Last edited:
I wish people stopped complaining about keepers and complained more about defenders leaving open space on crosses.

Anyway back to the rating thing... looking at review code ratings... well guys get ready to play Barca and Barca online. AC milan could he an overrated strong team in PES 2012 but Barca is just too much. Barca are the best team in the world, but they not this good!

Messi - 98
Xavi - 97
Iniesta - 96
Fabregas - 95
Puyol - 94
Dani Alves - 94
Pique - 90

O.ooooooooooooooooooooo

Ronaldo, the second best player in the world gets... 95

Dont look at overall rating, it dosent matter so much. Overall rating is calculated using most important stats for player position.. for example Ronaldo would be much higher as SMF if he would have better speed and acceleration + take into account all player cards.

Besides second best player in the world, on what position? Dani Alves got 94 but thats for his SB position, Iniesta and Xavi have really high ratings because they got insane passing rating, which is true.. so on their CMF position they are best. Ronaldo 95 as winger sound ok to me.

Exact...

And other video of goalkeepers:

YouTube - 2da compilación de tapadas Pes 2012

Aren´t that bad...

They are fine when saving shots that are mid-high level. Where they always seem to mess up is with low/bobbling shots. They simply don't have enough variations of animations to deal with the variety of shots especially when ball physics are added to the mix.

For the life of me I cannot understand why they don't use Procedural animation for the keepers' arms. This would allow them to keep the canned animations that they already have while giving the keepers the ability to adapt on the fly to the flight of the ball.

FYI: They have already implemented procedural animations with man marking (players stick their arms out depending on the distance of opposition players).

I hope Konami either hires a couple new programmers or at least allow some of the old ones to go on sabbatical and learn some new techniques.

Last edited:
I think those stats are being a bit generous to Alves. 94? He's a great attacker but isn't a very good defender at all. His most effective form of defending seems to be to go down and pretend he's been puched in the face.

They are fine when saving shots that are mid-high level. Where they always seem to mess up is with low/bobbling shots. They simply don't have enough variations of animations to deal with the variety of shots especially when ball physics are added to the mix.

For the life of me I cannot understand why they don't use Procedural animation for the keepers' arms. This would allow them to keep the canned animations that they already have while giving the keepers the ability to adapt on the fly to the flight of the ball.

FYI: They have already implemented procedural animations with man marking (players stick their arms out depending on the distance of opposition players).

There's something odd with keeper animations that make it seem that, while the keeper parries a shot away quite comfortably, he sort of looks like he's actually spilled a shot and fluffed a catch. Doesn't inspire people with confidence!

Generally keepers seem to vary from making brilliant saves to doing annoying things. Gomes, for example, kept me out twice with a brilliant double save, then with an amazing point blank reaction save from a close range header, then ruined it all by getting an uneccesary hand to a shot from an angle and palming it directly to one of my strikers right in front of goal.

In fact this has happened a few times, could end up being an exploit. Shots or crosses low across the face of goal often see the keeper dive and palm it out directly into the middle of the six yard box.

There's something odd with keeper animations that make it seem that, while the keeper parries a shot away quite comfortably, he sort of looks like he's actually spilled a shot and fluffed a catch. Doesn't inspire people with confidence!

Generally keepers seem to vary from making brilliant saves to doing annoying things. Gomes, for example, kept me out twice with a brilliant double save, then with an amazing point blank reaction save from a close range header, then ruined it all by getting an uneccesary hand to a shot from an angle and palming it directly to one of my strikers right in front of goal.

In fact this has happened a few times, could end up being an exploit. Shots or crosses low across the face of goal often see the keeper dive and palm it out directly into the middle of the six yard box.

I also noticed there is new goalkeeper ball kicking from hands animation, it looks kinda odd, hopefully for PC jenkey1002 will be able to add some PES2010&PES2011 animations.

I am now sitting with my arse firmly on the fence with this keeper issues that are being highlighted. (I hated them at one stage)

I don't understand the philosophy fully yet to write them off as rubbish. After the 1st demo I was horrified with them.

The 2nd demo I conceeded a few free kicks in one match that outright infuriated me but having played a lot more lately and not experiencing many soft free kicks due to manually switching and placing him better I have conmceeded a lot less.

I have mentioned this a few times but back in my playing days LOL I remember how important it was to protect the man between the sticks. You didn't let a defender by in hope that he would save it or invite an attacker to shoot at him with the expectation to save it. You protected him at all costs by sticking your leg out or getting your body in the way.

The AI is a good teacher in PES this year. I must have at least a dozen shots that are blocked by the defence and when I do get by them the keeper gets in the way sometimes less successful than normal but I think this is seabass philosophy this year.

Protect your keeper!

Seems to be the philosophy, which isn't a bad one if you're going down the realism route. Also let's not forget there's apparently a keeper patch in the works for day one of release.

I'm away on a Track Day with work at the moment, smashing the new John Works Cooper Coupe round the ProDrive tracks in Birmingham. Great fun to be fair, the Audi RS5 is a fucking monster, 140 plus down the straight without raising a sweat. :WOOT:

Back on topic, need my PES fix ....

Exactly. The fact is that there is nothing wrong with goalkeepers' parades (brilliant saves). Not every goalkeeper can do such parades. The problem is with ordinary shots (even with low power) that should have been caught by every goalkeeper. Goalkeepers are simply making saves by throwing ball directly to one of the strikers. I don't understand why Konami does not see that issue. It should have been fixed long time ago. It has been there since PES2011 (I don't remember how it was in PES2008-PES2010) at least. It does not happen so often as it was in PES2011 but it's still there and it is so f*cking annoying...

Last edited:
Erm I think someone on here said John Murphy had confirmed it. Might be on his twitter page if you check that :)

Yes

Jackdjb Jack Jim B.@
@JonMurphy_PES @AlessioLiparoti I am hoping for better GKs as well. Is this adressed in the new demo?

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy
@Jackdjb @alessioliparoti they have been tweaked in this version and more improvements due in patch

Back
Top Bottom