PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I just played a match with Mexico vs Brazil and won 3-1.

Domino Samuz!!!! Who is he?! He single-handedly destroyed Brazil, they couldn't do shit when he was on the ball or heck.. even off the ball.

Japan/Mexico are probably going to be my National teams no doubt. Never have i enjoyed playing the weaker sides as much as in this game, especially with the 'unforgiving' CPU AI.
'Unforgiving AI', I like it. I like to think of this demo as training ground exercise, as a pretence for up and coming challenges. Playing against this unrepentant AI sets me up nicely for online matches, which is basically what i enjoy the most from this game. (Pleeease hold it together servers). I will probably have a heart attack playing online and i hope i'm 4 - 0 up if i do. PES for life, and death.

Whats the R2 tip mate?

Seems as if certain people have been popping negativity pills.
PES12 worst game ever!? hardly!!!

The Gfx and animation may not be at FIFA's level of shinyness but what it lacks in aesthaetics, it more than makes up for in satisfying, immersive gameplay.
I know for a fact id rather play something that engages me and makes me enjoy the game rather than play something that looks great but bores me within a few weeks.

To say that Konami/Seabass should stop making games and people should be fired etc is just pure immaturity. I think the work Konami have done this year, from engaging the user community, acting on feedback, communicating back to the fans, to improving the game and all during quite a topsy turvy year in terms of small matters of natural disasters rocking their country etc, is comendable.
If you dont like PES and in fact seem to hate it with such passion, why are your lurking around on what Id consider to be the most mature, sensible PES fan forum on the web?!!?!

Plus your views may be shared by a small minority, but most of us love the game and the way its shaping up.

My thoughts exactly!

It's obvious by all the stat editting comments that people just plain suck at this game. Talking about taking down these and those stats by x% will benefit the gameplay for the better blabla..
While the majority (just look at ALL the posts with just this demo) finds it challenging because we used to win every match in ML and most probably 'they' did too. But now they're completely struggling with this game and now it supposedly sucks.

Ahhh shut up please:RANT:

My thoughts exactly!

It's obvious by all the stat editting comments that people just plain suck at this game. Talking about taking down these and those stats by x% will benefit the gameplay for the better blabla..
While the majority (just look at ALL the posts with just this demo) finds it challenging because we used to win every match in ML and most probably 'they' did too. But now they're completely struggling with this game and now it supposedly sucks.

Ahhh shut up please:RANT:
They could always drop down a level, to Regular or even Amateur. That might suit them if they want an easy game?

Sorry, that's absolute bollocks.

Or are you seriously suggesting a 95% pass completion rate is realistic?

I don't have a massive problem with it, but I can see why people do and would be fully justified in lowering passing accuracy to rectify it. Suggesting they're doing it as a reaction to not winning is a petty, childish argument aimed at trying to reflect any constructive criticism from the game.

I wonder what the day 1 patch for PES 2012 will change... i really hope for improvements.

It would be cool if they also updated player faces... like FALCAO. Maybe Konami don't know he is one of the most deadly strikers in the world. Instead Konami overrate bad players like Namatomo or what ever his name is cuz he plays at Inter. Inter a team that is not even one of the best clubs in the world nowadays after losing the likes of Mou and Eto'o and Maicon no longer a beast (they rated him 94 wtf? LOL)

I don't have a massive problem with it, but I can see why people do and would be fully justified in lowering passing accuracy to rectify it. Suggesting they're doing it as a reaction to not winning is a petty, childish argument aimed at trying to reflect any constructive criticism from the game.

95% completion rate :OOOH: I don't see 95% pass completion in my games by the CPU AI. I actually LOL by reading that no offence, but the way i see/take this information (constructive criticism) is all in playing style and rate of adaptation.
Yes i will agree that CPU has more success rate with 'blind/awkward/impossible' passes, but that's all really.
Of course there are a few more faults with the game , but you're talking passing here so i commented on just that. Not to mention this is only a demo
Lowering (or) downgrading stats by x% like some stating (not you in particular) is just humorous to me. I'm not saying players/stats aren't overrated or underrated but just the overall feel of the game to me personally is good.
How is it that me, and many other can play on Professional/Top Player and don't have this problem of 95% passing success rate? And heck if you or anyone else does, why not play on a lower setting? Play on Regular on you will see more error in passing in CPU, not to mention it's easier to cut off passing lanes and pressure etc.
I'm not saying you or anyone else suck (hint maybe?) but to me it says more about playing style and how quick/well you adapt or lack of.
That's what IT says to me.. just sayin

Did i mention this was 'just a demo'? Lowering stats by 30% Lmao:SMUG:

I wonder what the day 1 patch for PES 2012 will change... i really hope for improvements.

It would be cool if they also updated player faces... like FALCAO. Maybe Konami don't know he is one of the most deadly strikers in the world. Instead Konami overrate bad players like Namatomo or what ever his name is cuz he plays at Inter. Inter a team that is not even one of the best clubs in the world nowadays after losing the likes of Mou and Eto'o and Maicon no longer a beast (they rated him 94 wtf? LOL)

Nagatomo! Don't hate appreciate

I think Seabass is an Inter fan though right? Nothing can explain Adriano in PES 6. NOTHING.

Lowering (or) downgrading stats by x% like some stating (not you in particular) is just humorous to me. I'm not saying players/stats aren't overrated or underrated but just the overall feel of the game to me personally is good.
How is it that me, and many other can play on Professional/Top Player and don't have this problem of 95% passing success rate? And heck if you or anyone else does, why not play on a lower setting? Play on Regular on you will see more error in passing in CPU, not to mention it's easier to cut off passing lanes and pressure etc.
I'm not saying you or anyone else suck (hint maybe?) but to me it says more about playing style and how quick/well you adapt or lack of.

You don't seem to be getting this, it's not about how challenging the difficulty is. Don't automatically jump to conclusion that people are only unhappy with how the game plays because they can't cope with it.

Some people would rather it play out in a more realistic manner, you just accepted that passes are too accurate, so why is it hard to comprehend why people would want to adjust this? Playing on Regular obviously isn't a solution as it's just makes the game ridiculously easy and beside the point.

Don't see how playing style comes into the accuracy of CPU passing either...:CONFUSE:

Ps; you're deluded if you hold out on the hope that the AI's behaviour will dramatically shift in the 5% newer Retail build from the demo....

Last edited:
Got a tweet from Jon Murphy. Said that shots will be the same in the final game. Stutter for xbox is being looked at and that the CPU attacks have been adjusted.

If we can't hit a shot with the power of PES 2011, I don't care how good the ball trajectory is, it just won't feel very rewarding to me. Have also noticed more swerve on laced shots but very little on R2 shots!

Crossing sometimes goes very slowly through the air (without R2 modifier). Using the 0 (default) game speed. Funnily, if you watch a replay, both shots and crosses seem to have realistic looking power. :PRAY:

Had a weird bug last night on 360. Missed a shot so as the keeper's about to take his goal kick I've looked at the replay but all the players were missing from the pitch! Looked around and the crowd/bench and coaches were still there lol.

Re-started the game and the keeper couldn't take the kick in but my striker could run into the penalty box and steal the ball !!! :FAIL:

You don't seem to be getting this, it's not about how challenging the difficulty is. Don't automatically jump to conclusion that people are only unhappy with how the game plays because they can't cope with it.

Some people would rather it play out in a more realistic manner, you just accepted that passes are too accurate, so why is it hard to comprehend why people would want to adjust this? Playing on Regular obviously isn't a solution as it's just makes the game ridiculously easy and beside the point.

Don't see how playing style comes into the accuracy of CPU passing either...:CONFUSE:

Ps; you're deluded if you hold out on the hope that the AI's behaviour will dramatically shift in the 5% newer Retail build from the demo....

Only the blind pass thing, nothing else.. just what i said.. Don't assume anything more than what i said by saying 'that i admitted that passes are accurate' because i didn't mean the overall passing game.

And with playing style i meant the way you defend can make a lot of impact on the way the cpu passes.. and as a result their 'pass accuracy' *blip* (think about this)

nevermind the argument, i didn't complain about anything specific just responded to others so don't try turn this around by saying i'm deluded about whatever ok.. haha

Had a weird bug last night on 360. Missed a shot so as the keeper's about to take his goal kick I've looked at the replay but all the players were missing from the pitch! Looked around and the crowd/bench and coaches were still there lol.

Re-started the game and the keeper couldn't take the kick in but my striker could run into the penalty box and steal the ball !!! :FAIL:

Had this the other day on the PC demo, went to watch a replay of something and everything went blank, so I pressed start, and went back in game, and the goalkeeper went to take a goal kick, and he was "dancing" around near the ball and I just ran forwards and kicked the ball in the goal :/

I'm quite sure the several players I played in places like Thailand, Hong Kong, Chile, UAE, Japan, and yes, the UK and EU, Italy, even Bosnia, would not be using the US version. Again, I'll say it probably has more to do with timezone rather than BLES; most of the time when most US players play it would be either during the evening or later at night, which would be early morning in the UK. This is why I seem to get a lot more Latin American players and Brazilians than Europeans, as it's the same timezone (and vice versa for people from other timezones), but I still do get to play them eventually.

I am having trouble understanding why exactly they would enact such a frankly stupid restriction though, as you don't get this either with other games on PSN, so I'm not sure how they got that. Either way, we won't know definitively unless Jon Murphy posts about it, but I'm pretty sure online has no region restrictions.

On that note, looking at the online review code video PESFAN.be posted, there's an option for Home Region or Home Country or something in the game? So even if you did get the US version, you could still set the UK to be your home region. I don't know whether that has any effect on matchmaking though, it probably is just a nation-based community hub or something. Maybe some of the community based communication things Jon was talking about.

ilias_vidalis ILIAS
@
@JonMurphy_PES You said that PES online will be like last year! Last year I played a lot of matches with Brazilian players with LOT OF LAG!!
hace 16 horas Favorito Retwittear Responder
en respuesta a ↑

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy
@ilias_vidalis I said it will be region locked like last year

I told you ...Region Locked...

Lol, some of you are funny and OBVIOUSLY a delusional Konami puppets no offense. Guys like Enzo.
PES is the only game that went completely downhill on next gen when it should of veen improving. Its a shame that an olf outdated PS2 system and PES5 shit all over PS3 and PES nowdays
Some of you don't remember what a true simulation is. You should play PES5 and then give a review for PES12. Puppets will always be puppets and will serve Konami with their $60 bucks a game regarsless of shitty product, not me.

PES12 is pure shit. Don't tell me I don't know how to play. I played PES since ISS64,98 days and know what I'm talking about.

KAONAMI did the same thing.

Well you are entitled to have an opinion and so do I. I play football games since early 90's hello SNES,SEGA MEGADRIVE etc etc, no need to call everyone puppets and all games shit..To counter your statement there is lots of people who do not think PES is shit, compared to FIFA series its more tactical game with much more football spirit, great inertia and good modes Master League, Be A Legend.

Oh and i do not pay 60$ for Konami products, PC version is about 25-30£ and comes with community of devoted KONAMI PUPPETS that patch and modify this game to be more like PES6.

You havent provided constructive critism about PES2012, you just summarized your impressions with general words, like SHIT. So it makes me wonder what you do here on forums, if all products are shit. Maybe you are playing PES6?

''Let me put it to you this way. An Audi or BMW, Mercedes etc were made with quality and durability back in 80's and 90's. BMW lets say that's been built btw 94-98 is BETTER than BMW 2000 and up. I had an Audi S100 Quattro 1993 than ran better and lasted longer than my 2001 Audi S4.

What Germans did is made quality cars in order to get customers and when they reached their goal they started to build shitty cars. Nowdays Audi has serious electrical problems, and bunch of other shit.''

Its not just cars and BMW/AUDI its whole world, we have a computers and other hardware products that last half of what they used to last in 60's and 90's. China is whole planet workshop where we get mass production with reduced quality. Audi, BMW and many others just adopted to globalisation, you as american should know this well. Nowadays its all about money, we even exponentially started to harvest all our resources to produce more shit to sell and get more money.

So i hope you become more diplomatic and less arrogant, as throwing ''puppets'' and calling all KONAMI products shit isnt really helping anyone, they try to make best they can, last couple of years they've been making improvments and its shows especially in PES2011 and PES2012. At least KONAMI isnt a greedy EA that dosent give a f*** about anything else than steady cash flow. This situation might be a little bit more worse on consoles than on PC.

So In just mind boggled why would ANYONE pay them $60 for a game that is just crap.

Its mind boggling how many people pay 30,000€ for a AUDI with electrical problems that dosent cost even half of that sum to manufacture. :BRMM:

Yes its mind boggling that we have to pay 30£ for thousands of hours of KONAMI workers labor so we can enjoy football simulation.. I do enjoy so i pay, you do not enjoy so you call it shit. Hard to say anything else.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Well for Xavi yes :WORSHIP: We can edit all stats, from what i saw so far they change accuracy a lot.. with option file it will all be ok :)

Last edited:
95% completion rate :OOOH: I don't see 95% pass completion in my games by the CPU AI. I actually LOL by reading that no offence, but the way i see/take this information (constructive criticism) is all in playing style and rate of adaptation.
Yes i will agree that CPU has more success rate with 'blind/awkward/impossible' passes, but that's all really.
Of course there are a few more faults with the game , but you're talking passing here so i commented on just that. Not to mention this is only a demo

You're doing a lot of confusion at all.
You did not get the point.
I can assure you that i easily win many games at PES demo (Professional Level).
But I do not enjoy it because the AI gameplay is not credible, it's unrealistic and too arcadish.

From there comes the need for someone to tweak some players skill to make the gameplay more realistic and even more difficult at the same level.

Therefore the aim of lowering somes stats is to bring PES to a higer realism level and to improve the gaming experience...
Not to win more easily.

It's the opposite of what you think...

That's it.
Nothing more.
You have joined the forum long time ago (like me) and you should know the aim of these tweaks....and even encourage or at least respect them...

Many good editors have worked hard in the past to modify the gameplay and gave us beautiful emotions.
I thank them always.
:BYE:

Review Meristation Spanish:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...amp;iframe=1&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13166782000621

Score: 8

Best .-
. Animations faster and more immediate response pad
. The online game modes and the common way for many months
. Finally becomes a Training mode conditions
. Improvements in control: Teammate and Off the Ball Control
. The randomness is still his forte
. The Champions, Champions League, Libertadores, ... multitude of competitions

The worst .-
. The goalkeepers are directly BAD
. Transition between animations quickly ... but just as robotic and some slow
. The defensive AI and air balls on defense
. Missing the Premier League as the licenses principal lunar
. The typical "Konami moments" are still present and a tricky IA

Hrmmm it might be a blessing in disguise that Australia gets the game mid October as well. I'll be able to get the reactions of others regarding the retail code.

If it really needs some global stat patching to make it play more realistically I might end up getting it on PC and try out FIFA for my xbox. That way I could enjoy all the perks of PC modding. Or I could spend weeks editing all the accuracy stats down on xbox lol...yeah right.

The 95% passing accuracy has been made up and is a bit of an exaggeration.

At the end of my last match I properly calculated the CPU's passing accuracy and came to a figure of 83%. This was for Internacional. Maybe still slightly too much but not quite as bad as some people are making out.

Related note: Wish Konami would actually show pass completion % along with the match stats

Hi guy's

Here s my view on the game.

The full game is the same as demo 2 to my knowledge.

Positives.
- General feeling of the game (It feels good nowadays, with the player switching solved it is a great update from last years game which I also liked the style of)
- The active AI (Amazing stuff that gives you so many new opportunities)
. The control of whatever player you want at free kicks, corners, throw ins and goal kicks is an amazing new addition, opens up entirely new situations and adds a new dimension)
- Import teams! (YES finally I will be able to add a team I made at my friends house and only that team)
- Export teams (Great addition, but hmm one team at a time Konami)
- Import prequel teams (so that you can just import last years optionfile and have it all there from the WENB one! Great, Includes club logos, strips, name changes and formations I believe.)
- Being able to change players more easy with two options L1 and R. (It makes the game more easy to play)
- Training mode/challenge is educative. (Great to have it back with instructions for novice players)
- The AI will provide a challenge for career mode I'm sure. (With this sort of difficulty the game will be hard in Master League and other modes)
- Referee is much better with fouls and allowing play to continue. (Thank god for being able to put in a good tackle and not getting caught for nothing by the referee, also, yes, just try to catch me, I'll be on my way until you knock me to the floor) =D

Negatives
- Goalkeepers, for me it is a game breaker because how lousy they act on shots and with some of the animations that do not really fit in with a goalkeepers actions in real life.
- Crossing/passing, why did they take away the possibility to cross balls to wherever you want and overhit them on occasion, same goes for ground passes. If it ain't broken in PES 2011... then...
- There is still that bug with player switching just when having a corner against you. Before the opp. take the corner you select one man, but when the corner is taken the comp. switches your man and you have to switch back manually.
- Continous play falsely implemented on throw ins, come on, a cut-scene fools no-one and even if you are behind a goal the thrower just walk up to the ball like he had all the time in the world. (FIFA just stole my continous play idea and has implemented it fully now. It's fantasticly implemented in their game)

(Online play does not go active until release I guess)
I would like to say that IF the keepers get a good fix then the game is going from 7.0-7,5 (somewhere between depending on your taste and how much you value keepers) to an 8,0-9,0 for me (depending on how realisticly they'll act after the patch). That is how important it is for me to have them fixed. Jon has said that there will be a patch for this and we should all trust that this will smoothen their overall performances.

Also, I've learnt my lesson in grading the game. I do not think I can put in a justified score for the game until the last patch is released or until I've played a lot of matches against different people and online. It is not until then that whole game shows itself and the stability of the gameplay unfolds. I am NOT a master league player au contraire to Adam . I'm an online hunter who has built communities for playing online, my focus will always be put on how the game works in multiplayer.

My opinion is based on how well the game performs in exhibition mode on top player with all settings to manual.

http://allsvenskanpes.blogg.se/english/

Thanks Caniggia !

Can you please give us more information about the "import team" feature ? For example, would it be possible to import Werder Bremen from PES 2011 option file ? Will the players be imported too ?

And if I edit a team from "PES League" in PES 2011 and then import it to PES 2012, will I have the players imported too ?

Cannigia:

- Import teams! (YES finally I will be able to add a team I made at my friends house and only that team)
- Export teams (Great addition, but hmm one team at a time Konami)
- Import prequel teams (so that you can just import last years optionfile and have it all there from the WENB one! Great, Includes club logos, strips, name changes and formations I believe.)

Nice!!!!! is a great news... !!!

Can you explain a litte more about this...?

Uf edition of teams are more easy now with the friends... :))

So, wait, will we be able to import our created and base copied players from pes 2011 to pes 2012?

(f.e. players like Raul and Jurado will not get a face, since Schalke is not in the game).

Last edited:
You're doing a lot of confusion at all.
You did not get the point.
I can assure you that i easily win many games at PES demo (Professional Level).
But I do not enjoy it because the AI gameplay is not credible, it's unrealistic and too arcadish.

From there comes the need for someone to tweak some players skill to make the gameplay more realistic and even more difficult at the same level.

Therefore the aim of lowering somes stats is to bring PES to a higer realism level and to improve the gaming experience...
Not to win more easily.

It's the opposite of what you think...

That's it.
Nothing more.
You have joined the forum long time ago (like me) and you should know the aim of these tweaks....and even encourage or at least respect them...

Many good editors have worked hard in the past to modify the gameplay and gave us beautiful emotions.
I thank them always.
:BYE:

I'm really confused. I have played over 150 games on the demo's, and I haven't seen robot AI that passes the ball with stunning accuracy. In fact it's one of PES' strong points that the AI, even in Top Player plays almost like a human being in it's attack, defence but with enough error thrown in to make it realistic.

Perhaps you're not defending right making ensuring too many passing lanes, but I honestly haven't come across any CPU match where their pass completion rate or accuracy or whatever you want to call it is through the roof.

Now, if you want to go one step further have a look at FIFA - Jesus now there's a Cyborg-Terminator AI if ever I saw. Rarely possession is exchanged, the CPU passes with optimum accuracy, combined with the fact that your passing is too easy as well, making the game one long you have the ball for ten minutes and I have the ball for ten minutes. THIS isn't realistic.

Yeah passing accuracy seems fine to me, AI gives the ball away enough to seem realistic and I still struggle with pass assistance set to zero. I misplace passes, and often play the ball accidentally behind or off the stride of my team mate, which holds up my attack even if I keep the ball. It's great. Passes that disrupt your tempo are more realistic than ones that go out of play or to an opposing player.

Shooting also feels great, the ball went unrealistically fast last year and was a real effort to keep them controllable. This year shooting is both more varied and more difficult.

Oh and that guy bleating on about 'I know football games since ISS and PES2012' is talking shite. A lot of us have played games since SNES era or before, it doesn't make us all experts or mean we have an opinion which is 'fact'.

Back
Top Bottom