PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

For close-control, 1-on-1 dribbling, instead of holding the R2 button for close control (as I had been doing, and it ended up most of the time with me entering "side-step mode"), you should tap the R2 button and flick the left stick in the direction you want to dribble.

It works wonders. If you don't believe it, you should check some of the videos Jimmy posted in this thread. F'ntastic.

Oh my, two wins in a row, I do believe I've turned a huge corner ... :WOOT:

Another game in which I truly controlled the whole show, in every area, but fully deserved it. The game ended 1-0, a 90+ minute, 25 yard thunderbolt off the bar from my DMF, Bolatti to take the win. I dont mind admitting swearing and gloating at the CPU profusely after it hit the net.

Ok, so the difference to my game is composure, and letting the A.I. create my options. Also, and this is massive, I'm concentrating massively on every player and his skill-set and using them for what they have in their locker. And it's working perfectly. It's individuality used to it's fullest.

The Guinazu created goal has opened my eyes. Silly really, because all I bark on about usually is individuality, but I've never ever needed to use it as extensively as I am now. I gave Tinga a run out, he is quick and agile, and thats about it. So, that's all I used him for. Little taps of sprint in open spaces to gain ground, but nothing clever from him in the passing department. I kept it really simple with his passes, always looking for D'Alessandro to be the provider of the cute stuff.

Bolatti is my ball-winner, big, strong and powerful. He is great for just holding up the the play, his strength means as long as I dont sprint, it's very hard to knock him off the ball. His strike to win the game was after I upped to Attacking levels. But make no mistake, he has never struck a ball like the before. His accuracy is poor, but he has a great dig, and that's all he needed this time around.

D'Alessandro was my best player on the pitch, but I used him perfectly. I got him on the ball as much as I could. He literally ran the show. The highlights were basically all D'Aless. From a short FK off the bar to alot of R2 turns, dribbles then a shot. All of which were pretty poor to be honest. Nevertheless, he created them, and on a different day one of those will go in.

Holding sprint is pointless for the most part, but little taps with these smaller, quicker players to burst through gaps is pure gold. I've looked to just keep passing, even with the type of players that arent really decent passers, and on Zero Pass Assistance, they get found out. Instead, now these poorer passers, tend to be the quicker, agile players, so I'm using them based on their skill-set. That's the massive difference to my game. I'm not just sprinting with these guys. I'm using them to beat a man and lay it off simple, or to D'Alessandro, and let him dictate play.

Checked the stats after the game and I'd stopped Club Americas from even having one attempt on goal. 0(0). Never done that before either.

All this sounds so simple now, as it's always what I tend to preach, but for some stupid reason, wasnt completely following myself. Crazy.

Off to try and make it three out of three.............

Last edited:
Tinga seemed to be everywhere when I played against Santos last night, far more influential than D'Aless who seemed to be closed down everytime he got the ball.

Oh my, two wins in a row, I do believe I've turned a huge corner ... :WOOT:

Another game in which I truly controlled the whole show, in every area, but fully deserved it. The game ended 1-0, a 90+ minute, 25 yard thunderbolt off the bar from my DMF, Bolatti to take the win. I dont mind admitting swearing and gloating at the CPU profusely after it hit the net.

Ok, so the difference to my game is composure, and letting the A.I. create my options. Also, and this is massive, I'm concentrating massively on every player and his skill-set and using them for what they have in their locker. And it's working perfectly. It's individuality used to it's fullest.

The Guinazu created goal has opened my eyes. Silly really, because all I bark on about usually is individuality, but I've never ever needed to use it as extensively as I am now. I gave Tinga a run out, he is quick and agile, and thats about it. So, that's all I used him for. Little taps of sprint in open spaces to gain ground, but nothing clever from him in the passing department. I kept it really simple with his passes, always looking for D'Alessandro to be the provider of the cute stuff.

Bolatti is my ball-winner, big, strong and powerful. He is great for just holding up the the play, his strength means as long as I dont sprint, it's very hard to knock him off the ball. His strike to win the game was after I upped to Attacking levels. But make no mistake, he has never struck a ball like the before. His accuracy is poor, but he has a great dig, and that's all he needed this time around.

D'Alessandro was my best player on the pitch, but I used him perfectly. I got him on the ball as much as I could. He literally ran the show. The highlights were basically all D'Aless. From a short FK off the bar to alot of R2 turns, dribbles then a shot. All of which were pretty poor to be honest. Nevertheless, he created them, and on a different day one of those will go in.

Holding sprint is pointless for the most part, but little taps with these smaller, quicker players to burst through gaps is pure gold. I've looked to just keep passing, even with the type of players that arent really decent passers, and on Zero Pass Assistance, they get found out. Instead, now these poorer passers, tend to be the quicker, agile players, so I'm using them based on their skill-set. That's the massive difference to my game. I'm not just sprinting with these guys. I'm using them to beat a man and lay it off simple, or to D'Alessandro, and let him dictate play.

Checked the stats after the game and I'd stopped Club Americas from even having one attempt on goal. 0(0). Never done that before either.

All this sounds so simple now, as it's always what I tend to preach, but for some stupid reason, wasnt completely following myself. Crazy.

Off to try and make it three out of three.............

hi mate

thats a great post! completely get what you are saying - use the players as they would be utilised in real life.

similar to this, when i play rangers with a better side such as inter, if i try and go toe to toe they outmuscle me and disrupt my game & flow. i beat them with goal from etoo based on his deftness and quick technique, but had previous to that had both stankovic and cambiasso booked as things got rough

db

One thing that shocked me in the demo... Defoe is 69%! WTF? I know he's been off form but wow. His shooting acc ain't bad though. I had to put Pav up there for the height. can't wait til the full game so I can put Adebayor upfront :D

nice post btw JG

Last edited:
One thing that shocked me in the demo... Defoe is 69%! WTF? I know he's been off form but wow. His shooting acc ain't bad though. I had to put pave up there for the height. can't wait til the full game so I can put Adebayor upfront :D

nice post btw JG

Yep, some of the stats definitely need looking at. Not just Defoe but at other clubs as well.

Played two games late last night spurs vs inter, adopted a tactic that someone mentioned earlier of using huddlestone as a cb. Started off well playing a slow measured game then went 1 down against the run of play near ht. 2nd half I upped the tempo to my doom got raped 4-0. Found it hard to break inter down, even resulted to going long to crouch no luck.

2nd game bayern vs rangers I came out on top with this one rangers attempt to contain didn't work. Well they couldn't contain robben who scored a hattrick, goal of the game picked up the from the right, skippied in then out between two defenders then unleased an r2 inswinger into the top corner typical robben goal :). Luiz Gustavo is a beast in midfield, played usami at 10 aswell good technical player. The full release of this game can't come soon enough.

It does seem to me that playing with the Libertadores clubs is far more enjoyable,realistic and dare i say easier than a similar game with the other teams in the demo.
That applies to both Pro and Top player.I'm finding it far easier to create chances and defend more effectively using the same style of play.Strange!
Incidentally, has anyone had the computor take a quick free kick.
There are plenty of times where it looks like it will but then waits for a cut scene.

ok guys i have a ps3 and a 360. The 360 demo has this fucking bug when your sprinting with the ball your player will just stop! WTF! Also they will make these weird turns when you dont want them too, anyone else notice this?
this game is really really hard to break down the defense, im loving it though

One thing that shocked me in the demo... Defoe is 69%! WTF? I know he's been off form but wow.

That's just his overall when you play him at centre forward. It goes up to 70-something when you play him as SS. And he's a good example of why overalls mean very little in this game - he's actually the most useful of Spurs' crappy strikers, at least if you play to his strengths.

I think Konami take certain stats into consideration when judging overalls for specific positions, and a CF who can't jump or head the ball so well, and isn't particularly strong, will lose points. Defoe's skillset is better suited to their idea of a support striker - he's quick, reasonably good control, etc. But if you play him at CF he'll still be far better than a score of 69 would suggest, except when it comes to heading, playing with back to goal etc - you just have to play the ball on the ground, ahead of him, rather than using him as a target man. Your style of play > overall ratings.

Last edited:
ok guys i have a ps3 and a 360. The 360 demo has this fucking bug when your sprinting with the ball your player will just stop! WTF! Also they will make these weird turns when you dont want them too, anyone else notice this?
this game is really really hard to break down the defense, im loving it though

Yes, it has been posted that 360 owners are experiencing this bug.

Played two games late last night spurs vs inter, adopted a tactic that someone mentioned earlier of using huddlestone as a cb. Started off well playing a slow measured game then went 1 down against the run of play near ht. 2nd half I upped the tempo to my doom got raped 4-0. Found it hard to break inter down, even resulted to going long to crouch no luck.

It was me who put Huddlestone at CB but it was against Rangers because I wanted a ball playing defender who could push into midfield. I wouldn't dream of doing it against Inter; I would choose my best out and out defenders. Completely different opposition, completely different tactics required - that's why I'm so looking forward to Football Life this year.

Yeah it didn't quite workout with defending the movement of pazzini and eto'o was too much for the pie eater but found huddlestone good on the ball.

Lol, some of you are funny and OBVIOUSLY a delusional Konami puppets no offense. Guys like Enzo.
PES is the only game that went completely downhill on next gen when it should of veen improving. Its a shame that an olf outdated PS2 system and PES5 shit all over PS3 and PES nowdays
Some of you don't remember what a true simulation is. You should play PES5 and then give a review for PES12. Puppets will always be puppets and will serve Konami with their $60 bucks a game regarsless of shitty product, not me.

PES12 is pure shit. Don't tell me I don't know how to play. I played PES since ISS64,98 days and know what I'm talking about.

Let me put it to you this way. An Audi or BMW, Mercedes etc were made with quality and durability back in 80's and 90's. BMW lets say that's been built btw 94-98 is BETTER than BMW 2000 and up. I had an Audi S100 Quattro 1993 than ran better and lasted longer than my 2001 Audi S4.

What Germans did is made quality cars in order to get customers and when they reached their goal they started to build shitty cars. Nowdays Audi has serious electrical problems, and bunch of other shit.

KAONAMI did the same thing.

So In just mind boggled why would ANYONE pay them $60 for a game that is just crap.

Some Animations are beyond laughable its absolutely unbelievable how this is possible in 2011 in video gaming....

YouTube - h

What for the love of god is this shot animation???

How the hell does KONAMI assume you can kick the ball with such force when you barely even move your shooting leg when shooting?

I just... don't get it, and they are supposed to have motion capture or something to catch the motion of soccer players, or do they order them to kick the ball 2 meters?

iluvnineties, I kinda have the same feeling
At first I was optimist with pes 2012, but the more I play the more I hate it.

Wooo I beat Chelsea with Galatasaray. Individuality is paramount every team and every player in the team has a role and a character whether it is right or wrong is open to debate but in general you feel who you have in control. I switch off all on screen indicators except the blue line for cursor control and I know who I am controlling.

In PES2011 it was alot harder to "feel" it and in many cases you were wrong but far less with PES2012. 0 passing assistance exagerates this more than ever.
Initially I feared that it was to the detriment of the players but it is not, You cant launch a 50 yard throughball from your Full back with great success anymore and you really enjoy what a passer like D'Alessandro does compared to anyone else in Internacional.

I am growing very anxious to see how this game translates online, with a lesser (can you believe it) human controlled opponent it would be veeeeeerrry interesting indeed.

What is truly awe inspiring is the difficulty in defending...100% concentration is required for 90 minutes! go into auto pilot mode and be punished. I did some scary defending with Galatasarays CB pairing (cant remember whom) but I did it all, sliding to win a ball using my body weight to disposses Drogba and not giving Torres and inch. I even managed a tremendous acrobatic goal line clearance to win 3-2 the 2 goals came when I thought I had wrapped it up on 75 minutes and grew complacent to let 2 in 15 minutes in a 15 minute match it can be long lol.

Oh yes still loving the professional difficulty and oh yes on my plasma screen with a high frame rate I had to drop the speed down all the way to -2 compared to the 0 or -1 on my smaller LED screen. Very wierd this.

Forgot to mention last night but being able to hold tackle and teammate-tackle results in success still. Not as much as 2011, but nothing like Demo 1 where you'd get roasted everytime. I'd prefer it to be closer to Demo 1 as I'm finding I do go into autopilot at times and auto-tackle.

Lol, some of you are funny and OBVIOUSLY a delusional Konami puppets no offense. Guys like Enzo.
PES is the only game that went completely downhill on next gen when it should of veen improving. Its a shame that an olf outdated PS2 system and PES5 shit all over PS3 and PES nowdays
Some of you don't remember what a true simulation is. You should play PES5 and then give a review for PES12. Puppets will always be puppets and will serve Konami with their $60 bucks a game regarsless of shitty product, not me.

PES12 is pure shit. Don't tell me I don't know how to play. I played PES since ISS64,98 days and know what I'm talking about.

Let me put it to you this way. An Audi or BMW, Mercedes etc were made with quality and durability back in 80's and 90's. BMW lets say that's been built btw 94-98 is BETTER than BMW 2000 and up. I had an Audi S100 Quattro 1993 than ran better and lasted longer than my 2001 Audi S4.

What Germans did is made quality cars in order to get customers and when they reached their goal they started to build shitty cars. Nowdays Audi has serious electrical problems, and bunch of other shit.

So In just mind boggled why would ANYONE pay them $60 for a game that is just crap.

+2 I agree with every single word you said. Konami is killing the best Football game franchise little by little. :CRY:

Mini Off topic:

I see that many users say that PES 5 is the greatest football game of all time, so i have the next questions: (only for old school PES lovers)

1) Why PES 5 is better than PES 6??

2) I just wanna know then why there's more patches and updated option files for PES 6 than PES 5 in this forum? (just see great Shollym work) there's not even an exclusive area on the PES/WE Editing Discussion for PES 5?? :CONFUSE:

End of Off Topic

+2 I agree with every single word you said. Konami is killing the best Football game franchise little by little. :CRY:

Mini Off topic:

I see that many users say that PES 5 is the greatest football game of all time, so i have the next questions: (only for old school PES lovers)

1) Why PES 5 is better than PES 6??

2) I just wanna know then why there's more patches and updated option files for PES 6 than PES 5 in this forum? (just see great Shollym work) there's not even an exclusive area on the PES/WE Editing Discussion for PES 5?? :CONFUSE:

End of Off Topic

IIRC, there is no PES 5 PC version.

iluvnineties said:

Wow… This year this kind of argument did arrive late - September 21! I was used to having to deal with this kind of comments in June.

Let's start with the basics: the fact that you played anything since ISS64 doesn't especially entitle you to anything regarding being more or less right about anything. I'm pretty sure that many, just like myself, have been playing this since the SNES times, but all that gets us really is kudos. Nobody here is more right or less right.

Let me put it this way: it seems you are extremely upset because there is a large group of people this year that enjoys this game. And, lo and behold, you seem to not like it. You're entitled to, and you might be right - we don't have to share the same tastes. I can't stand FPSs, even though Call of Duty is enjoyed by a f'ton of people… I'm not going to try and convince them that the game is shit because I can think of a ton of reasons that it doesn't live up to Ikari Warriors or Commando… I'll just accept it and move on.

Now, what's wrong here is that I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve here. You're trying to get people to say "hey, you're right - this game we're liking is actually shit!". No, that won't happen. They like it. We like it. You don't - we're not trying to convince you that you should. What would we get out of this? And what will you get out of getting more people to agree with you, as well?

Let us enjoy the game for what it is, and hey, you can go back to playing PES5. Just don't go down the slippery slope of deciding where we should be spending $60, because I'm pretty sure that every single one of us spends probably more than that every year on things that are far more useless and superficial than this game.

No offense., but life is too short, and time is too little to really waste time with such petty arguments, in my opinion.

Regards,

Paulo

Guys, I think we are seriously kidding ourselves here BIG TIME. I played Demo 1 and then Demo 2. After about 100 matches I STRONGLY believe its the nail in the coffin for our hopes of ever reaching the same satisfaction as we did with PES on PS2. My first review of PES12 was a very bold, questionable and rushed review were I praised the gae, even said it had the potential to be the best PES ever. I was never more wrong in my life. Konami will NEVER master the real simulation gameplay we are all used to in PS2 era, never. Mark my words. Something isn't clicking for them and I.dont knoe what it is and what's missing. If it wasn't for a small majority of PES fans around the worl and these forums KONAMI would of been out of business a long time ago So hoe do they repay us? Lets see:

PES08 = Worst football game ever made IMHO
PES09 = Improvement was made but only by small margin nothing to be WOW
PES10 = BLAH ...nothing jaw dropping. Just added more salt and pepper than they did to PES09.
PES11 = ping pong fooball, zero simulation, full of bugs and other shit that I won't list which I know your all aware of.

This brings me to PES12.

- Worst keepers in any football video game ever made. Completely useless and non existant. Just stand there and.dont even make aa bloody attempt to save the goal.
- AI is completely UNREALISTIC. You guys think AI is good right ? What Konami did is gave Illuminati powers to AI. It cheats so much and every player dribbles like Robinho. I don't want to hear I need to learn how to defent. AI just cheats so much and makes UNREALISTIC IMPOSSIBLE PLAYS it ruins the game.
- Individuality is lost and this was PES trademark.
- Graphics suck big time.
- Did Konami ever play FIFA and realized what a collision system should look like and what kind of animations a football game should have on next gen systems?
- Taking the ball away from CPU is just not good. My player will touch an opposing player And BAM its a foul.Every 10 secs its a foul and stoppage of gameplay. Feels like NFL MADDEN.

- One of the biggest issues to me is the way players run, move and behave on the pitch. They have that FIFA feel to.it where you feel your running on clouds.

So it seems like I will be without a football game this year. I will never buy a Konami game again, not only PES but any game made and produced by them. I've given them more than enough of my money over the years only to receive a piece of shit product. MORE and MORE people are going seperate ways from KONAMI there's plenty of evidence. I hope they continue like this because their days are NUMBERED. There will never be another WE7/PES3/WE9/PES5/6/LIMEWARE EVOLUTION/J-LEAGUE games. I hope to god KONAMI go out of business or fire Seabass and the rest of his team aand abandon PES/WE development. I wonder what kind of feedback they listen to ?

I will serioously accept things the way they are and possibly buy PS2 and play WE9. I hope someone still cares enough to make proper.kite, transfers etc.

Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure really about this post. It's not that i'm saying it's not vauild because he makes decent points, it's more that i feel you almost overreacting to how bad the game is.

maybe you think it's ok, but because it isn't perfect you are very frustrated and hate it? You mentioned the AI cheating, when it doesn't cheat at all. Ironically PES 5 and 6 had AI which cheated far more blatanlty and in your face more than PES 2012 does or PES 2011.

I mean i wasan't overly pleased with the game at first and still now there are things which puzzle me. But i'd just take your mind off PES for a bit, wait till the full game comes out, give it a go when you have much free time and see if you really hate it that much.

The vibe i getting is you don't really hate the game, you just got furstraed and you went crazy. It's not absolute perfect but it's not that terrible, let's be honest.

You have played well over 100 games, thats qute some time invested in the demo, i think if it was that rubbish you would have stopped after about 20 :)

Just my two cents mate.

I don't agree with you but i'm far from an hardcore gamer, so who am i to discuss with you. I like the demo.
But i want to ask you something in all honesty and very serious. Since a couple of days it's obvious that you don't like the game at all. I don't visit this thread daily and it's obvious to me. Now my question. Everybody knows what you think about the game. You have made your point. Why do you keep repeating yourself?

Every year there are a few people like you who just keep on coming back and repeating themselves (and you do have arguments...some of them don't even bother with arguments). So ask you because you seem not to be the most unreasonable guy...come on: "you seem a reasonable guy".

So my question: why do you do this? 99% of the people here are a litle bit fed up with most of those posts (not necessarilyu yours, mind you).

Be a peach, humour me and answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

Wow… This year this kind of argument did arrive late - September 21! I was used to having to deal with this kind of comments in June.

Let's start with the basics: the fact that you played anything since ISS64 doesn't especially entitle you to anything regarding being more or less right about anything. I'm pretty sure that many, just like myself, have been playing this since the SNES times, but all that gets us really is kudos. Nobody here is more right or less right.

Let me put it this way: it seems you are extremely upset because there is a large group of people this year that enjoys this game. And, lo and behold, you seem to not like it. You're entitled to, and you might be right - we don't have to share the same tastes. I can't stand FPSs, even though Call of Duty is enjoyed by a f'ton of people… I'm not going to try and convince them that the game is shit because I can think of a ton of reasons that it doesn't live up to Ikari Warriors or Commando… I'll just accept it and move on.

Now, what's wrong here is that I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve here. You're trying to get people to say "hey, you're right - this game we're liking is actually shit!". No, that won't happen. They like it. We like it. You don't - we're not trying to convince you that you should. What would we get out of this? And what will you get out of getting more people to agree with you, as well?

Let us enjoy the game for what it is, and hey, you can go back to playing PES5. Just don't go down the slippery slope of deciding where we should be spending $60, because I'm pretty sure that every single one of us spends probably more than that every year on things that are far more useless and superficial than this game.

No offense., but life is too short, and time is too little to really waste time with such petty arguments, in my opinion.

Regards,

Paulo

:WORSHIP:
Totally agree with you, people have so much time to lose...

Hahaha, Jimothy, you cheeky bastard...

I've been playing this and wondering what it'd be like on 20 or 30 minute games. If it was played at this pace for 30 minutes it could get exhausting, and finish with a cricket score. I hope they do a bit of "throttling" again for longer games, spreading out chances etc.

I just don't get it. Is there anyone in the world who wants a game that is both a.) highly technical, with a strong simulation element and b.) a 100mph thrash? The sim players want simulation (so long as it's still fun), the arcade players want arcade (so long as it still looks at least vaguely realistic). You have to make a choice, Konami-noids, you can't try to split the difference like this.

I guess they were worried about alienating casuals - without realising that casuals are going to be alienated anyway - and thought this was the best of both worlds. But this is only "the best of both worlds" in the sense that putting ice cream on curry is "the best of both worlds". It's a real shame.

I just can't see the game being a frantic mad attack fest on 15, 20 minutes +

But you never know.

I want to believe Konami have given us all the setting to differentiate between arcadey and simualtion but i can't be sure until the full game comes out.

Also have some bad news on the tactics for now at least. Tried implementing the team style vaules on PES 2012 72s teams patch and Barca instead of playing possesion football where quickly hoofing the ball up to their front men. :CONFUSE: . I mean once messi, Villa etc.. got the ball they made some really nice dribbles and passing manuvers which i liked but they didn't try to dominate possesion :(, i dunno. I mean it's hacked demo so i cannot be sure that tatcics won't work. It's another thing i'll have to wait and see how it turns out in the full game.

But i'm VERY unhappy they removed the team management settings :RANT: Without this in theory the CPU can still do the tactics that i made last year which is fine but why remove them? Why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom