PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I love the concept of the demo, I love the build up play and individuality, the small passes to the good players and the AI...but one thing I absolutely hate is this pass assistance nonsense obviously implemented to appease the noobsa.

It has the potential to ruin online play, the passing was fine the was it has been for like 15 years, why change it? Online should be exclusively 0 assistance, or at least it should be segrated. 0 assistance in vs. 0, all the rest can play their own games. Ridiculous.

I love the concept of the demo, I love the build up play and individuality, the small passes to the good players and the AI...but one thing I absolutely hate is this pass assistance nonsense obviously implemented to appease the noobsa.

It has the potential to ruin online play, the passing was fine the was it has been for like 15 years, why change it? Online should be exclusively 0 assistance, or at least it should be segrated. 0 assistance in vs. 0, all the rest can play their own games. Ridiculous.

I cannot agree more with this, unfortunately, but the best thing sometimes is just skip online because all the cheesers and exploiters spoil the fun...

I would like to see the CPU pass the ball around more and not go on full attack all the time. I've played the PC version where a patch unlocks the menu choice for time, and the CPU still plays very much the same even on 30 min matches.

Also CPU do a bit too many blind passes for my likings. If they're going to do them, it should be a bit more error in accuracy, but also on aiming, because they should not know EXACTLY where their team mate is if they didn't look first.

R2 shots should be more like the freekicks where you hit up on the ball and it gets this lovely swerve with top spin.

Really like PES 2012, but these things would take it up a notch. Obviously would love error on dribbling touches as always and maybe tweak the defenders AI a bit to stay more in line.

tweak the defenders AI a bit to stay more in line.

I see people mentioning this all the time but are you guys enabling offside trap in the "coaching" section, the one after the 4 preset team tactics? I turn on auto-offside trap, and set my defense to 8 in compactness with an 8 in pressing and my team is now playing much more compact and cutting out passes through the middle when defending.

I would like to see the CPU pass the ball around more and not go on full attack all the time. I've played the PC version where a patch unlocks the menu choice for time, and the CPU still plays very much the same even on 30 min matches.

Also CPU do a bit too many blind passes for my likings. If they're going to do them, it should be a bit more error in accuracy, but also on aiming, because they should not know EXACTLY where their team mate is if they didn't look first.

R2 shots should be more like the freekicks where you hit up on the ball and it gets this lovely swerve with top spin.

Really like PES 2012, but these things would take it up a notch. Obviously would love error on dribbling touches as always and maybe tweak the defenders AI a bit to stay more in line.

+1 :))

I see people mentioning this all the time but are you guys enabling offside trap in the "coaching" section, the one after the 4 preset team tactics? I turn on auto-offside trap, and set my defense to 8 in compactness with an 8 in pressing and my team is now playing much more compact and cutting out passes through the middle when defending.

I only play fixed player with the CPU coach doing all the tactics so I'm just reporting from what I see my own team and the opponent do. And usually the side backs drops a bit too low compared to the center backs. I think it might be because the center backs are going forward a little to get closer to their man, but I'm not sure.

I thinking this demo does not include the programming and scripting which changes the game pace, CPU playing more considered football and speed of players depending on the time length. That is a hacked demo, and 15 minutes + wasan't ment to be played. So the game balance i assume is on 10 minutes despite you using 30.

thats my theory, i reall, hope i'm right, if i'm not then PES is in trouble :RANT: !

Also do injuries work?

Klash I hope you're right.

Yes injuries work, I've injured a couple of suckers myself :SMUG: Well at least they had to go out and sit on the sideline, so it seemed to work. Don't remember if they had to go off or not.

I thinking this demo does not include the programming and scripting which changes the game pace, CPU playing more considered football and speed of players depending on the time length. That is a hacked demo, and 15 minutes + wasan't ment to be played. So the game balance i assume is on 10 minutes despite you using 30.

thats my theory, i reall, hope i'm right, if i'm not then PES is in trouble :RANT: !

Also do injuries work?

I am still optimistic though since ML will include fatigue, injuries, etc.

Just to be positive here, i guess the demo wants to highlight how fun is direct attacking, and challenging defending will be. Although if my team contain & hold their position better in some cases with this demo, cpu will pass to another side even back. But it is not necessarily "patient" type football by them.

If you play demo,you like it and have fun, i'm happy for you...
if you argue that demo has realistic gameplay i must disagree.

Please do a simple test with an editor, lowering players abilities like "passing accuracy", "dribbling accuracy", "dribbling speed" by 30% to all players.

Obviously it's just a quick but effective indication, other tweaks are needed in order to further enhance the gaming experience....

You will discover another gameplay, slower and reasoned with the AI that has an overall good passing rate of 75% (not the comical 95% like now).
Always with a difficult challenge, even at professional level.

And if you have the patience (like me) to tweak single skill players assuming FM 2011 stats, your experience will be very close to a perfect gameplay...:BYE:

Last edited:
I agree, I have made very similar stats changes too and the games plays a lot better. Accuracy overall is too high and can be fixed easily by konami, and if they don't it can be fixed for offline players by lowering the accuracy stats for every player. I also lowered dribbling speed and dribbling accuracy with 10 on everyone and to me it made the dribbling much more realistic and not so frantic.

If you play demo,you like it and have fun, i'm happy for you...
if you argue that demo has realistic gameplay i must disagree.

Please do a simple test with an editor, lowering players abilities like "passing accuracy", "dribbling accuracy", "dribbling speed" by 30% to all players.

Obviously it's just a quick but effective indication, other tweaks are needed in order to further enhance the gaming experience....

You will discover another gameplay, slower and reasoned with the AI that has an overall good passing rate of 75% (not the comical 95% like now).
Always with a difficult challenge, even at professional level.

And if you have the patience (like me) to tweak single skill players assuming FM 2011 stats, your experience will be very close to a perfect gameplay...:BYE:

Well, my theory is that this will be shown automatically in longer matches, 15 mintues plus and especially longer.

PES 2011 on 10 mintues is a totally different game to PES 2011 on 15, and it's the same woith PES 2011 on 25, 30 minutes.

My firend could beat the Barca tactic i created on 10 mintues but was 4-0 down to the deafult marseille side on 25 minutes :CONFUSE:

Seven more days and I will have the game. Haven't been this excited about PES for a while. Really like how challenging AI is. Can't wait for Master League.

I hope it works like that. I'm enjoying this at the moment but I fear I'd get bored pretty quickly if I were forced to play a steroid-injected AI game after game.

WE9: Limeware Evolution (Korean Version) is considered to be the best football game ever made with true simulation. The game was PERFECT 10/10 and was rewarded as the best football game of all times by mamany well respected websites. It nearly scored 9/10 or 10/10 on every website I know. After WE9:LE you have WE9:J-League which is also very very good. WE9:LE was spot on, bug free, it was a true MASTERPIECE like Godfather, Scarface is. Its very hard to find this game on PS2. I would pay a FORTUNE to find it and buy it.

I am a huge fan of KONAMI and PES and will NEVER forget my teenage days esp. Winter time playing PES all day every day after school and on the weekends. Sadly my taste of PES has went sour on next gen. Who knows, maybe its father time for me. I'm 28 and simply don't enjoy playing PES on next gen consoles. The feeling is just gone. For those of you that enjoy it I salute you but PES that we all knew is gone baby gone.

WE9: Limeware Evolution (Korean Version) is considered to be the best football game ever made with true simulation. The game was PERFECT 10/10 and was rewarded as the best football game of all times by mamany well respected websites. It nearly scored 9/10 or 10/10 on every website I know. After WE9:LE you have WE9:J-League which is also very very good. WE9:LE was spot on, bug free, it was a true MASTERPIECE like Godfather, Scarface is. Its very hard to find this game on PS2. I would pay a FORTUNE to find it and buy it.

We have a thread in the PC section just for WE9LE, just so you know.

Well, my theory is that this will be shown automatically in longer matches, 15 mintues plus and especially longer.

PES 2011 on 10 mintues is a totally different game to PES 2011 on 15, and it's the same woith PES 2011 on 25, 30 minutes.

My firend could beat the Barca tactic i created on 10 mintues but was 4-0 down to the deafult marseille side on 25 minutes :CONFUSE:

I think not.
Unfortunately it is not.
I tried the unpatched demo with 15 and even 20 minutes and I noticed the same problems and there is the same frenzy gameplay...
But no one knows the final version.
Maybe they've improved it
Otherwise, i'm ready to go with my tweaks on my Pc version! :BYE:

I am a huge fan of KONAMI and PES and will NEVER forget my teenage days esp. Winter time playing PES all day every day after school and on the weekends. Sadly my taste of PES has went sour on next gen. Who knows, maybe its father time for me. I'm 28 and simply don't enjoy playing PES on next gen consoles. The feeling is just gone. For those of you that enjoy it I salute you but PES that we all knew is gone baby gone.
I've got it.:SMUG:

I think not.
Unfortunately it is not.
I tried the unpatched demo with 15 and even 20 minutes and I noticed the same problems and there is the same frenzy gameplay...

But no one knows the final version.
Maybe they've improved it
Otherwise, i'm ready to go with my tweaks on my Pc version! :BYE:

Thats the thing, in the reply to gab i said how just like you that patch your playing (72 teams patch) its a hacked demo. It wasan't ment to be played on more than 10 mintues so we can't take anything from that and i just feel it's unlikely that this will be the case.

I said eariler about the warping. the slow turning defenders are there but the game gives them warp it seems, i think it's down to the 10 mintue time length.

Also your PC performace changes the gameplay, which is why i play on the PS3 much more. You know what your getting on the PS3, the game is optimized and built for that system. on the PC it takes ages to sort out your Nvidea or ATi settings so the game iisn't running to slow, or too fast. Just takes up too much time.

What i miss from WE:9 LE in every football game is the stamina,

Not sure if it's included in PES 2012 to the same level (the full game will show us) but i rememeber playing a game 2-3 months ago using soyo's online network and i won a game 5-0, what i loved was in the 20 minute game how because of all the spriting from my counter attacks, just how tired my forwards where and it showed as they turned slower, their shots went more erratic, they just seemed heavier to control. haven't seen a game replicate this well at all, the animation showed that they were tired also!

I remember last playing the game, and well it wasan't perfect like you say, at the time yes but now playing that game, it's just so rigid and there's not much freedom.

I remember playing that game with fond memories too.
The difference with me is that I still have the feeling for it, even after all these years, and i'm quite a bit older than you.
The game has changed, the rules have changed and the goalposts have been moved, which is, ultimately a good thing. It is supposed to have evolved, hence the word evolution in the title.
At times i have been completely immersed in this demo, mainly because of the difficulty level, but also the gameplay, the new controls/moves and the all round changes that they have made to the game.
I was relieved when i logged on tonight, and found that others were saying they were struggling on Professional. (The AA comment was class by the way). I was being ripped apart too, although not losing, drawing 90% of the games i play, and i've played a lot. So now i have a challenge, which is why i know i'm really going to enjoy this game. Sad that you don't feel the same but life goes on i suppose.

I love this screenshot:

kP58uh.jpg

Good attention to detail with the red lighting around the roof at the Allianz Arena.

I played WE9 today myself I think this is considered the weaker of the games released that year but is still excellent. TBH I still like it better than this year's version. A bit too fast the graphics not great but for some reason at least for me the game is just more fun. I dunno.

CPU plays with Pass assist (5/4) :SHOCK::))
I agree a little more build up in the back and less accuracy on the blind/'impossible' passes then the AI is just fine imo.
I've seen plenty of shit passes by the AI which i punished severely just like they did mine unlike every PES before this, so I'm happy in that regard.

I just played a match with Mexico vs Brazil and won 3-1.

Domino Samuz!!!! Who is he?! He single-handedly destroyed Brazil, they couldn't do shit when he was on the ball or heck.. even off the ball.

Japan/Mexico are probably going to be my National teams no doubt. Never have i enjoyed playing the weaker sides as much as in this game, especially with the 'unforgiving' CPU AI.

Back
Top Bottom