PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

... you a funny guy lol. But dude the thing is that the exploit is so easy to do its a joke. Just get bale run down the wing, do a wall, dribble past a player, just get to the wing cross ball to crouch, score and watch in replay how the defenders where positioned behind crouches deformed body. playing online will be pointless.

but try it with a short player .. I mean, Crouch has that advantage.

Sadly this is how the full game is going to be, so PES 2012 will suck I guess but still..
Biggest problems in PES 2012 that make so many people on these forums hate/dislike the game :

- Reverse catch up bug where u can't catch the attacker once he is past you even if ur top speed is 99 and his is 50.

- Crossing bug where the defenders let players have free headers.

- Close control of players is absolutely ridicilous, its like the ball is attached with a string to every player who runs with the ball, even players with 60 dribble accuracy make such close touches that only Messi would when sprinting.

- Goalkeepers are not good enough.

- Doesn't seem to be much of a difference between players like in 2011, there you could clearly see the difference between Messi or Iniesta or Xavi etc... here the difference is much less noticable.

- Why is there no acceleration stat??? Acceleration is one of the most important things in soccer, without it it means that explosive power/Agility will dictate that burst of pace which means even players with bad acceleration and speed like Xavi will be able to skip past players with ease.

- Why do players still run on rails when getting a pass or whatever, and sometimes you can't sprint aswell in some situations, why is this game still too automated and the computer still forces you to do things you don't want?

- Animations are horrible but I can live with that if the other areas were fixed...

It's hard to say, but i partially agree..
Some of this issues are still here. Pes 2012 (2nd demo) seems to me a more base arcade game this year.
The lack of individuality and the wrong player stats are a big issue not addressed until now.

Last edited:
well my friend in this case I would have to call you a 'GameGayBot' (just made this up)

your playing it like a computer game, so anything in it that makes you weaker as a 'gamer' or 'gaymer' as i like to say (again just come up with this shit n...anyway)

you will stop doing. why? because some other Gaymer in fekkin germany will get one over you in an online match.

now id rather go with this mentality..

Id rather see what seabass is trying to do and respect that in a couple of cases it can be exploited by....guess who??? GAYMERS but I see what hes doing and the theory is spot on so you have to go with it, use your imagination if you have one. play the game like REAL football, because this game attempts to let you do that.

It cant cover every base, there will be weaknesses but dont let that stop you doing them just because another gaymer will exploit you.

play a friend and set up rules (in 2005/6 a rule me and my mates made up was no cut-backs or one-twos with wingers too much of an exploit.. the rest of the game was genius.

I am now just drunk

What the fuck are you talking about? You can't speak, pronounce or punctuate correctly. Why do you feel the need to try and directly insult me? All i was saying is that R2 and X is useless in most cases , especially with an overpowered AI. In counter attacking situations it does nothing, but I wouldn't have expected you to notice that. Congratulations to Seabass and Konami, of course, for implementing the new controls. They don't always work though. Am I being fucking trolled?

What the fuck are you talking about? You can't speak, pronounce or punctuate correctly. Why do you feel the need to try and directly insult me? All i was saying is that R2 and X is useless in most cases , especially with an overpowered AI. In counter attacking situations it does nothing, but I wouldn't have expected you to notice that. Congratulations to Seabass and Konami, of course, for implementing the new controls. They don't always work though. Am I being fucking trolled?

chill the fuck out man, its only a game. the grammer etc aint that bad considering...

and I have a point I just dont put it in a way 'the man' agrees with - everything is tongue in cheek, nothing is serious.

and Jimmy Im just in my 30's now so no amount of drinking can effect my thought process enough to regret what I say on a PES website. what exactly did I say that was controversial? Im not into cuddling up to anyone

pes12 is great afterall

OK guys, it's become quite obvious to me that I've been playing FIFA too long - last PES game I played it was still cool to use the d-pad.

I need a quick refresher course. Defending I seem to be ok with, so let's start with dribbling and taking free kicks. Any tips on these two?

Thanks in advance.

chill the fuck out man, its only a game. the grammer etc aint that bad considering...

and I have a point I just dont put it in a way 'the man' agrees with - everything is tongue in cheek, nothing is serious.

and Jimmy Im just in my 30's now so no amount of drinking can effect my thought process enough to regret what I say on a PES website. what exactly did I say that was controversial? Im not into cuddling up to anyone

pes12 is great afterall
You would not believe how chilled i am. Have you been called a Gaymer, on an online forum?
Yes we all love pes that's why we're here.

You would not believe how chilled i am. Have you been called a Gaymer, on an online forum?
Yes we all love pes that's why we're here.

whats wrong with being a gaymer? expand your mind

I wish the long passing was like the pes2 days. remeber you could choose option 5 in the options screen? you could weight the high passes perfectly into spaces and it created many attacks that you could claim as your own and not just A.I assisted

its a great game but seems to lack this, at least in the demo anyway..

whats wrong with being a gaymer? expand your mind

I wish the long passing was like the pes2 days. remeber you could choose option 5 in the options screen? you could weight the high passes perfectly into spaces and it created many attacks that you could claim as your own and not just A.I assisted

its a great game but seems to lack this, at least in the demo anyway..
Start your little discussion, then backtrack. Seen it all before mate, goodnight.

epic_trollface.jpg

Sadly this is how the full game is going to be, so PES 2012 will suck I guess but still..
Biggest problems in PES 2012 that make so many people on these forums hate/dislike the game :

- Reverse catch up bug where u can't catch the attacker once he is past you even if ur top speed is 99 and his is 50.

- Close control of players is absolutely ridicilous, its like the ball is attached with a string to every player who runs with the ball, even players with 60 dribble accuracy make such close touches that only Messi would when sprinting.

- Doesn't seem to be much of a difference between players like in 2011, there you could clearly see the difference between Messi or Iniesta or Xavi etc... here the difference is much less noticable.

- Why is there no acceleration stat??? Acceleration is one of the most important things in soccer, without it it means that explosive power/Agility will dictate that burst of pace which means even players with bad acceleration and speed like Xavi will be able to skip past players with ease.

- Why do players still run on rails when getting a pass or whatever, and sometimes you can't sprint aswell in some situations, why is this game still too automated and the computer still forces you to do things you don't want?

- Animations are horrible but I can live with that if the other areas were fixed...

1. Reverse catch up bug ? lol
2. ?
3. to certain extent, i agree
4. Still the difference between player's dribbling ability is there, sorry if you could not see mate.
5. Burst with vidic & robinho feels different in terms of acceleration, right ?
6. Only Jog and Run/sprint is available for off-the ball, so hence, i guess they make it automated to walk WHEN the ball almost go out of play if the game think you could not catch that still it does not always happen to me. As well as receiving the ball in rare occassion but super cancel helps.
7. Personally, animation is acceptable rather than horrible.

Are you going to buy the game with that, in your opinion, many stuff bothering you ? :JAY:

OOT Guys what the F.. is gaymer ? enlighten me !?

Last edited:
Has anyone been booked by the referee after advantage had been played? Pretty sure it was said that they do but I haven't experienced it.

:SMUG:

How did you get on bud, score-wise ? Still a challenge ?

2-1, 1-0, 2,-0, those sort of scorelines. As far as the possession stats go when I drop down to professional I tend to have around 60% of the ball and 20 odd shots at goal with Santos against sunderland for example who register very few scoring opportunities like 5 in a 15 minute match. I am very capable of locking out the CPU on professional. You also immediately see the type of team they are. Sunderland opt for long balls to the target man as they sit deep and defend. Whereas Spurs run at you from all angles.

I cranked it back up to Top player to see how sunderland would be and was very happy to see that they did not change style but were much harder to defend against they still employed long ball tactics but created more opportunities. I was 3-0 down in 30minutes and started to feel the heat but got myself to calm down and accept that I have played on professional and needed to settle. I ended the game 3-2 and had Sunderland reeling as Neymar, Ganso and Ze Eduardo ran them ragged. Two shot off the posts was very unlucky as well as a few good saves.

This game just requires patience and composure. If you rush you get flushed. Its truly magnificent once you get to try out more teams.

Haven't received any booking after advantage either. Could swear I heard someone say it was going to be in this years version.

things like this: no booking after advantage, the positioning of defenders during crosses, variable zoom cameras, the game selecting the wrong player after a manual pass, and many of the other little things (including third kits, and longer replays) should have been what Konami got right. Instead of that stupid share with Facebook crap they added.

Last edited:
impossible to defend, attacking (finishing from 30-40 yards easy) abysmal, awful keepers (taking iss to a new level) can this just be the demo?

ive had every pro evo, iss since day one in 90's and if the demo is anything to go off 2011 will be the last, shocking

pes just seems to be deteriorating......ill keep the faith and buy the game but i hope its not for the last time.

Pes will not suck because of this but

1. I agree, i don't know what i have to do to catch attacking players when they are running in counterattacks, i try to run, but it's like something stops the defender to run at maximum speed

2. didn't experience this, but i agree that scoring from crosses is easy

3. Agree, again. Now it's ridicolous becuase players move much more, but they still keep the ball near their feet as attacked

4. Agree, goalkeepers not good enough

5. Not a problem for me. Individuality is definitely still there.

6. Not a problem for me.

7. I agree that sometimes it seems like things get too random, players slowing down receiving a pass, defenders being unable to catch attackers

8. Animations are not a vital problem. The above problems should be fixed first.

Last edited:
1. Reverse catch up bug ? lol
2. ?
3. to certain extent, i agree
4. Still the difference between player's dribbling ability is there, sorry if you could not see mate.
5. Burst with vidic & robinho feels different in terms of acceleration, right ?
6. Only Jog and Run/sprint is available for off-the ball, so hence, i guess they make it automated to walk WHEN the ball almost go out of play if the game think you could not catch that still it does not always happen to me. As well as receiving the ball in rare occassion but super cancel helps.
7. Personally, animation is acceptable rather than horrible.

Are you going to buy the game with that, in your opinion, many stuff bothering you ? :JAY:

OOT Guys what the F.. is gaymer ? enlighten me !?
I wish i knew myself.

I have taken out players without the ball and referee does not book even if he allows play to carry on from what I have seen

the advantage rule is a bit wishy - washy tbh, you have the ball but because the opposition got a toe to it and deflected it slightly he blows for the foul.

I have taken out players without the ball and referee does not book even if he allows play to carry on from what I have seen

the advantage rule is a bit wishy - washy tbh, you have the ball but because the opposition got a toe to it and deflected it slightly he blows for the foul.

sometimes just because an attacker does a diving header making a defensive player stumble, referee gives foul :CONFUSE:

It is just lack of animation to represent this, no? Especially when the attacker get the defender first and the ball after..

lack of which animation? Sorry i don't understand
i think it's a problem with player collisions. A defender shouldn't stumble if you do a diving header next to him

Zee, regarding tackling OTB player.. is just like no light or heavy injuries i meet throughout my experience. Though, my prediction, advantage play will not as advanced as FIFA in retail but some gampelay code is still not included in this second demo. Fingercrossed.

My reason to support this is that the way Konami try to market the development phase code itself. It is a bit different with what happen in 2011. Demo 1.. they give something and see indirectly what people want to get fixed in next demo. But i guess, the demo 2 is already completed as well as retail. With some possible complains are already anticipated.

The complains that they see will still happen too in retail should be anticipated using early patch. Makes thing easier for the programmer i think.

lack of which animation? Sorry i don't understand
i think it's a problem with player collisions. A defender shouldn't stumble if you do a diving header next to him

you just say it.. collision animation and its system. I see there is a detail moment Konami would try to achieve here.. think this :

# a player want to head the crossed ball, but he bump a standing or push him while in the air until a defender get disadvantage. In reality, is a foul

That is why i agree with you it is about collision system and it is limited animation in this specific area. More precisely, how an attacker would struggle to make a heading while on the air, either by diving header or other heading style.

I do too say WTF.. when this thing happen although rarely in 2011. Have not experience this on my limited time on PES 2012 demo.

Last edited:
you just say it.. collision animation and its system. I see there is a detail moment Konami would try to achieve here.. think this :

# a player want to head the crossed ball, but he bump a standing or push him while in the air until a defender get disadvantage. In reality, is a foul

That is why i agree with you it is about collision system and it is limited animation in this specific area. More precisely, how an attacker would struggle to make a heading while on the air, either by diving header or other heading style.

I do too say WTF.. when this thing happen although rarely in 2011. Have not experience this on my limited time on PES 2012 demo.

now i have understood (maybe :P) You say it's like the collision system calculates the two players collide while on the air, even if in reality the defender is on the ground. Yes, it's a missing animation.Anyway, this is just one little part of the problem. I think the fact they speeded up the match pace with demo 2 created much more collisions bugs.
About the bold part, it happens in pes 2012 demo at the same frequency as in pes 2011

Last edited:
Haven't received any booking after advantage either. Could swear I heard someone say it was going to be in this years version.

things like this: no booking after advantage, the positioning of defenders during crosses, variable zoom cameras, the game selecting the wrong player after a manual pass, and many of the other little things (including third kits, and longer replays) should have been what Konami got right. Instead of that stupid share with Facebook crap they added.

Totally agree, wish they didn't spend time on the Facebook crap - so many other features to fix or introduce.

In regards to the booking after playing advantage - this has definitely happened to me once.

Totally agree, wish they didn't spend time on the Facebook crap - so many other features to fix or introduce.

In regards to the booking after playing advantage - this has definitely happened to me once.

it was not them that developed MyPes, they outsourced the development of facebook application to argonauteng2

More then facebook. I want the injured player to not sit with his legs crossed next to the pitch. Konami introduced moving cameramen, a wierd dude in a suit doing laps and animated coaches yet they don't have a player on a stretcher with a few physios. No big deal of course but a little aesthetics to please the discerning eye.

Back
Top Bottom