PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I hope they release day 1 patch for signings because they all wrong. Why Eto'o at Inter? Where Forlan? Where is Adebayor at Spurs? -_- And in the patch fix the stats because i never seen such horrible stats in PES as in 2012.

Chicharito 72
Mario Gomez 77
Falcao 77

Ibra 93
Rooney 93
And who is this jap Nagatomo with 86 rating? o.O

O.o lol
Nagatomo is one of the best left-backs in Europe right now, and really came into his own for Cesena and later Inter last year. If you don't follow the Serie A and/or judge players primarily based on overall reputation, then that's something else entirely. Nagatomo is much like his real life self, darting passionate runs, interceptions; Arsene Wenger considered him the BEST full-back in the WC last year. People who've followed his entire career, from FC Tokyo to Inter Milan, will agree with me.

Nagatomo is one of the best left-backs in Europe right now, and really came into his own for Cesena and later Inter last year. If you don't follow the Serie A and/or judge players primarily based on overall reputation, then that's something else entirely. Nagatomo is much like his real life self, darting passionate runs, interceptions; Arsene Wenger considered him the BEST full-back in the WC last year. People who've followed his entire career, from FC Tokyo to Inter Milan, will agree with me.

He doesn't play in England so he must be shit.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!111

Sneijder = Monster.

Overalls seem completely f'ed up at first sight but when you realize that Milito, Gomez, and Pazzini are just as good as Rooney, Zlatan, Pato etc. you realize it's more about individual stats and knowing how to use players to exploit their best attributes.
Whenever I play with Spurs I take Lennon out of the lineup in exchange for Piennar because he is much more skillful, better passes, and fits the way I want to play more.

After playing both the PES and FIFA demos for many matches I'm going to go ahead and buy PES. Maybe not the first day, but certainly around November at the latest.

FIFA is a game that I have always bought alongside PES since 2004 (except PES 2009 and 10), and although it looks really smooth and nice, has my favorite league which I haven't been able to find a patch for in PES, and many more features, it just isn't a good game.

Ill tell you whats exiting me about this years PES lads..

its the first time I have got that adrenaline rush when playing a footy game sinse the PES2 days, you know the one I mean?

when you score a goal and all of a sudden you feel like a genius- coming up with great moves and skills. happened to me today with Internacional.
scored a great goal finished by 'Nei' who overlapped and then ran diagonaly into the box (never been seen in any footy game before-AI great) before curling a shot into the far post...great goal.

so im now buzzing and because of this in my head I am ZIDANE and D'alessandro becomes my zidane on the pitch! all of a sudden he has lots of space, I can pick any pass out with him, im seeing runs I wasnt seeing before hand my reactions are better,I have got that extra half a yard in my head.. im a genius.

THEN they score a goal from a corner kick and I go sluggish for a while and the imagination that sparked so many great moves after scoring is gone for a while. i become predictable.

great stuff. sorry about Spelling i am slighly drunk

Sneijder = Monster.

Overalls seem completely f'ed up at first sight but when you realize that Milito, Gomez, and Pazzini are just as good as Rooney, Zlatan, Pato etc. you realize it's more about individual stats and knowing how to use players to exploit their best attributes.
Whenever I play with Spurs I take Lennon out of the lineup in exchange for Piennar because he is much more skillful, better passes, and fits the way I want to play more.

It is true. There's too many hidden elements to players in the game to use an overall rating. It's a completely redundant feature that you can't help but pay attention to unless you know better. It's still annoying when somebody quips in with a question about why x player is rated as good as, or better than, y player because they don't know that overall ability general means squat.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying playing with Pazzini at Inter. His positional play and timing of runs is excellent. He seems to like playing off the shoulder of the last man and can beat the offside trap and get behind defenders. Scored a great goal with him yesterday - Nagatomo played a beautiful lofted through-ball from the left flank around the halfway line which dropped perfectly between Pazzini and the onrushing keeper, and was casually slotted home.

I have to disagree with those that say PES is at it's best with the middle and lower ranking teams. There's great fun to be had with the very best sides. The individuality is still very much there.

Here's an uncontroversial question as well. Does anybody else think that -2 in the demo is faster than -1 in demo 1 was? I also want to clarify that it isn't just my demo is it where the font of the menus appears really big, about twice the size of demo 1? I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my demo.

its the first time I have got that adrenaline rush when playing a footy game sinse the PES2 days, you know the one I mean?

when you score a goal and all of a sudden you feel like a genius- coming up with great moves and skills. happened to me today with Internacional.
scored a great goal finished by 'Nei' who overlapped and then ran diagonaly into the box (never been seen in any footy game before-AI great) before curling a shot into the far post...great goal.

so im now buzzing and because of this in my head I am ZIDANE and D'alessandro becomes my zidane on the pitch! all of a sudden he has lots of space, I can pick any pass out with him, im seeing runs I wasnt seeing before hand my reactions are better,I have got that extra half a yard in my head.. im a genius.

THEN they score a goal from a corner kick and I go sluggish for a while and the imagination that sparked so many great moves after scoring is gone for a while. i become predictable.

Hahah absolutely. Nothing better than dictating play from the middle with some little midfield maestro. I don't know how it's implemented but it's funny how when youre playing well everything clicks and fantastic moves are pulled off.....then the opposition scrap a goal and you can't connect a pass for love nor money.

Which gives me an idea...doesn't anyone else think the form arrows should be invisible? Would force you to play through a player's bad patch rather than immediately shunt him to the bench.

Anyone else disappointed we can't select a 3rd kit. I remember in one of the older version of PES you could create a third kit by alternating between home and away for the tops and shorts. This was a great addition but has never appeared since.
Yeah, it's a shame this isn't in the game. However I do remember seeing Jon Murphy respond to this query on Twitter a few weeks ago and he indicated it may be in next year's game.

I know the feeling. The total elation when you hammer the AI 3-0 in one game, then the AI plays out of it's artificial skin in the next and does you over in the last minute. Totally disheartening, but makes you want more. Addictive.

I'm really enjoying playing with Pazzini at Inter. His positional play and timing of runs is excellent. He seems to like playing off the shoulder of the last man and can beat the offside trap and get behind defenders. Scored a great goal with him yesterday - Nagatomo played a beautiful lofted through-ball from the left flank around the halfway line which dropped perfectly between Pazzini and the onrushing keeper, and was casually slotted home.

I have to disagree with those that say PES is at it's best with the middle and lower ranking teams. There's great fun to be had with the very best sides. The individuality is still very much there.
Of course the individuality is still there with the big boys. Thank fuck someone else noticed it too.

lol but i will be playing this game mostly online, this glitch will be there as well. And you telling me to not do what? Not to cross the ball? Come on man, get a clue lol.

haha i know mate. only jokin.

its like the defending, in theory its fantastic and makes for a realistic battle with A.I players, but I worry that the R2 jockey will become a waste of time against 'loophole' merchents online.

So am I the only one that gets the wrong player selected with about 75% or more of L2 passes? I thought it was bad last year but this is terrible. The switching logic seems to work by direction only so little 5 yard passes played into space for an oncoming player will select someone miles away who is inline with the pass. I will not be buying the game because of this, breaks down soo many moves. I might make a video so Konami can see how bad it is, maybe they will patch it.

Who knows though guys... final retail game might be different. Demo 2 so different from demo 1 and i hear the WE demo released in japan is different from demo 2, and i also hear there is a 90% review copy going around that is also different...... so lol i dont even know what we will be playing. All i know is that demo 2 is great but the cross glitch is too game breaking.

That's why i don't bother with it.

well my friend in this case I would have to call you a 'GameGayBot' (just made this up)

your playing it like a computer game, so anything in it that makes you weaker as a 'gamer' or 'gaymer' as i like to say (again just come up with this shit n...anyway)

you will stop doing. why? because some other Gaymer in fekkin germany will get one over you in an online match.

now id rather go with this mentality..

Id rather see what seabass is trying to do and respect that in a couple of cases it can be exploited by....guess who??? GAYMERS but I see what hes doing and the theory is spot on so you have to go with it, use your imagination if you have one. play the game like REAL football, because this game attempts to let you do that.

It cant cover every base, there will be weaknesses but dont let that stop you doing them just because another gaymer will exploit you.

play a friend and set up rules (in 2005/6 a rule me and my mates made up was no cut-backs or one-twos with wingers too much of an exploit.. the rest of the game was genius.

I am now just drunk

So am I the only one that gets the wrong player selected with about 75% or more of L2 passes? I thought it was bad last year but this is terrible. The switching logic seems to work by direction only so little 5 yard passes played into space for an oncoming player will select someone miles away who is inline with the pass. I will not be buying the game because of this, breaks down soo many moves. I might make a video so Konami can see how bad it is, maybe they will patch it.

Definitely make a video. Doesn't happen that often to me and just about every pass I make is with L2 held down, but it does happen from time to time and it's fucking frustrating. Also a vid or multiple screen shots of the crossing bug should be made so that Murphy can get the message and hopefully Konami can release a patch shortly after release. Assuming the cross thing is still in the final version of the game which would absolutely ruin online if left in.

Which gives me an idea...doesn't anyone else think the form arrows should be invisible? Would force you to play through a player's bad patch rather than immediately shunt him to the bench.

Not sure about this. Wouldn't you just play the same starting XI all the time because you wouldn't know any better?
I like the dilema you face when a good player is on a light blue arrow and a weaker player is on a orange arrow. Who do you play?
Or when a youngster is on top form, you know its worth having him on the bench at least and giving him some minutes.

I just wish form arrows where more affected by player and team form/performances rather than being random, or, as happened last year, being stuck on the lowest form for ages.

well my friend in this case I would have to call you a 'GameGayBot' (just made this up)

your playing it like a computer game, so anything in it that makes you weaker as a 'gamer' or 'gaymer' as i like to say (again just come up with this shit n...anyway)

you will stop doing. why? because some other Gaymer in fekkin germany will get one over you in an online match.

now id rather go with this mentality..

Id rather see what seabass is trying to do and respect that in a couple of cases it can be exploited by....guess who??? GAYMERS but I see what hes doing and the theory is spot on so you have to go with it, use your imagination if you have one. play the game like REAL football, because this game attempts to let you do that.

It cant cover every base, there will be weaknesses but dont let that stop you doing them just because another gaymer will exploit you.

play a friend and set up rules (in 2005/6 a rule me and my mates made up was no cut-backs or one-twos with wingers too much of an exploit.. the rest of the game was genius.

I am now just drunk

... you a funny guy lol. But dude the thing is that the exploit is so easy to do its a joke. Just get bale run down the wing, do a wall, dribble past a player, just get to the wing cross ball to crouch, score and watch in replay how the defenders where positioned behind crouches deformed body. playing online will be pointless.

... you a funny guy lol. But dude the thing is that the exploit is so easy to do its a joke. Just get bale run down the wing, do a wall, dribble past a player, just get to the wing cross ball to crouch, score and watch in replay how the defenders where positioned behind crouches deformed body. playing online will be pointless.

im with you on the crossing mate.

its the 'im not gonna jockey players when defending because the other guy knows an exploit and that means that my ranking will go down and then my mates will laugh and then ill turn to drink and my mother will dis-own me!! I should have just played COD...and camped..1.3 KDR mwuhahaha' menatality that I disagree with..

you know man?!?!

Last edited:
im with you on the crossing mate.

its the 'im not gonna jockey players when defending because the other guy knows an exploit and that means that my ranking will go down and then my mates will laugh and then ill turn to drink and my mother will dis-own me!! I should have just played COD...and camped..1.3 KDR mwuhahaha' menatality that I disagree with..

you know man?!?!

oh oh i get you bro :COOL: if i get the game even if there are 100 exploits i'll still try it out online. if i lose for what ever reason, cuz they disconnect cheat, exploited the cross, or what ever, i could care less but i wouldn't bother to play again :COAT:

Not sure about this. Wouldn't you just play the same starting XI all the time because you wouldn't know any better?
I like the dilema you face when a good player is on a light blue arrow and a weaker player is on a orange arrow. Who do you play?
Or when a youngster is on top form, you know its worth having him on the bench at least and giving him some minutes.

I just wish form arrows where more affected by player and team form/performances rather than being random, or, as happened last year, being stuck on the lowest form for ages.

But if it was performance related rather than random, you could drop a player after he fluffed chances or felt off the pace. It doesn't seem very realistic that you know before hand whether or not a player will have a good game or not.

As it stands I never bother giving someone on a down arrow a run out as I know it isn't worth it. Where as in real life someone like Rooney may have an off day, a 'down arrow', but that won't be realised until it's well into the game.

I think form should be accumulative and less sensitive, so Up and Down arrows should very rare. Most on a green, with a couple on a Yellow or a Blue depending on how they've done in the last 3 games.

Last edited:
I have played two player with a mate and managed to defend his crosses fine.

Not sure if it will be a big problem ONLINE as you get to select the defender/press A (or whatever you use to go for a header) hence he'll make an effort and get over there... maybe just the CPU don't do it?

Then again I've had them defend my crosses fine, and I've scored headers too... I can't say that every time I've crossed the ball I've won a free header and scored, as I definitely haven't. I also ain't conceded from every cross either.

I do agree though that the crosses are too accurate... if I hadn't got a defender in to clear, 9 times out 10 they would have a free header. Just so far I ain't had a problem defending crosses, sometimes they win a header and sometimes they lose.

Alreet, I did a test and set every player's "short passing accuracy", "long passing accuracy", "header accuracy" to 10. Then made the shot accuracy about 50%. MUCH better. Passing feels much more realistic and less ping pongy. 10 might sound extremely low, but it's not that much difference. Just more small error and sometimes big accuracy errors, like real life. Crosses and corner kicks doesn't feel so "scripted", I even saw one cross go over the whole penalty area.

Obviously having everyone at 10 is just a test, maybe reduce everyone 60-70 percent at least to keep some variation between players.

Problem with this is that it works great when playing exhibition or regular tournaments, but if you play ML or BAL it won't work since new players and your own BAL player will end up with much higher values than everyone else.

Sadly this is how the full game is going to be, so PES 2012 will suck I guess but still..
Biggest problems in PES 2012 that make so many people on these forums hate/dislike the game :

- Reverse catch up bug where u can't catch the attacker once he is past you even if ur top speed is 99 and his is 50.

- Crossing bug where the defenders let players have free headers.

- Close control of players is absolutely ridicilous, its like the ball is attached with a string to every player who runs with the ball, even players with 60 dribble accuracy make such close touches that only Messi would when sprinting.

- Goalkeepers are not good enough.

- Doesn't seem to be much of a difference between players like in 2011, there you could clearly see the difference between Messi or Iniesta or Xavi etc... here the difference is much less noticable.

- Why is there no acceleration stat??? Acceleration is one of the most important things in soccer, without it it means that explosive power/Agility will dictate that burst of pace which means even players with bad acceleration and speed like Xavi will be able to skip past players with ease.

- Why do players still run on rails when getting a pass or whatever, and sometimes you can't sprint aswell in some situations, why is this game still too automated and the computer still forces you to do things you don't want?

- Animations are horrible but I can live with that if the other areas were fixed...

Back
Top Bottom