PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm kind of bummed out at how I've gotten used to Fifa and PES has actually gotten easier. :COAT:

Still getting the occasional pummeling courtesy of A.I.

Oh pleaaase the shooting is great, in pes 11 everyone was complaining about float and randomness and now it's too good.

Konami probably won't listen anyway, they should just let the defensive AI apply some more pressure in midfield and all round better positioning so you can't just shoot easy from afar. Problem solved

Besides these are only based on 10 min games right? Unless people are talking about 5 screamers per match (with a 30 min match)

Can somebody clarify this for me. I downloaded the pc demo today and then went home to play it. The screen resolution is completely weird, it's almost like it's in 800x600. Yes i've tried altering the settings in the settings section and no that made no difference. I uninstalled the demo and re-installed it and it was still the same.
Why is this happening?

The first demo worked fine.

Try playing the first demo on Top Player in at least a 20 min match, and you will see that it's COMPLETELY broken :)
The balance now is just fine imo, rather have the AI be like demo 1 on offence

I do not like to play on Top Player.
AI stats players are overrated and cpu is cheating
What sense does it play?
I think it's the equivalent in the opposite mode of amateur level..
I'm finding the best challenge on professional.
Of course, is my personal taste:))

I do not like to play on Top Player.
AI stats players are overrated and cpu is cheating
What sense does it play?
I think it's the equivalent in the opposite mode of amateur level..
I'm finding the best challenge on professional.
Of course, is my personal taste:))

My point was that demo 1 although it was good was not really balanced well and that it was noticeable on Top Player.
:)

Yes bud, I've seen them for a decent distance out, and they dont really scoop them, they kinda 'clip' them. They are lobs but with pace, they dont have a high trajectory, more an 'up 'n' downer' with zip.

I'm still yet to pull off a cheeky chip from around the box with L1 ? It's completely different to PES 11. Or at least, that's how I'm finding it. I need a training ground to give it some true practice. How you finding them Rob ?
Yeah, I'm struggling to find a way to chip with much elevation - I've just tried a game on Beginner (so it's basically a training ground) and scored an L1 lob with Sneijder which looked more like a powerful regular shot with a lob animation.

Strange.

Absolutely loving Demo#2 ....... heres a little vid montage of goals i put together last night, just stuff that wouldnt have been possible in PES11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02QfJPGEAQ
Nice one mate. How did you get those teams in demo2 though?:CONFUSE:

Had a few more games again yesterday but not nearly enough as PES has that come back for more feeling . There are things that are starting to annoy me a little now but that could be because I am such a sore loser :P
I am playing on the following settings
Speed 0 / -1
Pass assistance 0
Manual player runs
Top Player
CPU assists Pass - off, Tackle- off, Shoot- off and I cant remember the 4th one but it is off as well

I have played mostly Rangers vs Tottenham. On my PC LED where I am sitting close to the screen I am able to read the game much better and pass around much more effectively. On my 51 inch Plasma though which I sit about 2m away from it becomes tricky and I suspect it has a lot to do with that horrendous shadow on one end of the pitch at the Allainz arena. I also tend to set my colours more washed out than most people as I prefer the realistic look. I wonder if game developers take these things into consideration when they develop these games on a PC screen. PES2011 plays beautifully on the larger screen as the player sizes on wide cam are perfect PES2012 seems very small and the minute movements that the attacking AI makes usually result in goals so it’s a little dissappointing in this respect.

My second and probably greatest worry is the effectiveness of the AI's attack. On defence they are rock solid often reading me with scary accuracy all my goals have come from working a space and holding off a defender to get a shot on target or as a result of a parry I have not once been able to slip a throughball inbetween the defenders which is good but I wonder if it has been over done keeping in mind my most creative player is Naismith I would expect it to be harder than usual so I will need to try and use Sneider and see how he does.

What is disconcerting though is how the CPU seems to score at will. There are 4 very definite "moves" that they are employing.

In one instance I will have 2 Tottenham players running at me with a third pulling a blind run off the ball. I tend to keep an eye on the 2 players and cannot mark the man that is pushing through as a 3rd runner (the dear lord only blessed me with 10 fingers and 2 hands lol), every single bloody game the CPU pushes a throughball through - the closest marker does a ridiculous pause buying the attacker a 1/2 meter and boom goal passed or under my onrushing keeper

The second and third instances are down the flanks, particularly Lennon. 6/10 times I am able to disposses him but when he gets past my full back I am in $hit streets. The CF will always run off the shoulder of the CB who again for the love of all things holy stops dead and when the cross swings in he is not goalside - this is criminal. Back in my playing days our coach would've made me run 5 laps everytime I did that.

The third instance he jinks past the fullback and sends a classic lobby 1 cutback, which has almost resulted me chucking a DS3 size hole into my panel.

The forth instance are a free kick, if the need arises they go in. No questions asked.

After around 15 games I think I have won 1 which was an incredibly good feeling. I must admit though that the AI was good enough for me on Demo 1 and its starting to annoy me that I get pounded so easily and is remiscent of Crap game , think it was the world cup game when a deep cross from near the halfway line was an exploit used by the CPU. I am hoping that this is as a result of Rangers pi$$ poor defence or me having to adjust my defensive style after getting very confortable with demo 1. I am refusing to drop down a level as I have not done so in over a decade of Konami/ PES………… EVER!! (pride is paramount lol)

Last edited:
Jimmy, i'm starting to love the demo, but i can't defend...how do i defend in this game????
I'm good at it but i can't defend and can't score (so i'm rubbish really...).

Scoring will come, i'm beginning to score the odd goal now and then, but defending...i really run around like a headless chicken...a litle help would be welcome...thanks in advance.

Jimmy, i'm starting to love the demo, but i can't defend...how do i defend in this game????
I'm good at it but i can't defend and can't score (so i'm rubbish really...).

Scoring will come, i'm beginning to score the odd goal now and then, but defending...i really run around like a headless chicken...a litle help would be welcome...thanks in advance.
Small tip, but if you hold R2 in defence, your player will turn to face the ball and sidestep rather than turn their back and run.

It's effective for showing players out wide/onto their weaker foot, improves your chances of making an interception and also gives you the chance to time your tackle if the opponent takes a bad touch (just release either A or R2 to tackle).

Another thing is that this game punishes running in and pressuring the ball carrier - your best bet is to just concede space in less dangerous areas for the sake of keeping your team in shape. You will be torn apart if you run players everywhere as you open up so many options for your opponent.
I tend to let the opposition have the ball until they make a mistake, have a less gifted player on the ball or I urgently need to stop their progress.

I've been playing this game constantly for the past 3 days and it really is the best game of football their is to be had. Im playing on pc and the new patch with the 75 teams is simply amazing, cant wait for the full game. I've been playing as Real Madrid against Barca and the games are fantastic, one min I'll be dominating then Barca take over the game has such good flow to it and Im starting to master the defending now. Honestly I did not think PES would be anything like this after last years dissapointment, may have to cancel my Fifa pre order now!

Slide, slide, slide I say...it dont work though lol
You really have to think on your feet. I wish I could tell you how to defend but I find I am doing things on the fly. There's no one fix solution at the moment except dont rush and stay goalside

I've been playing this game constantly for the past 3 days and it really is the best game of football their is to be had. Im playing on pc and the new patch with the 75 teams is simply amazing, cant wait for the full game. I've been playing as Real Madrid against Barca and the games are fantastic, one min I'll be dominating then Barca take over the game has such good flow to it and Im starting to master the defending now. Honestly I did not think PES would be anything like this after last years dissapointment, may have to cancel my Fifa pre order now!

Please be a bro and direct me to this here 75 teams patch :WORSHIP:

R.NADAL said:
We're playing PES on the PlayStation ... in consideration to my friend Ferru I'll not tell you the final score
309041_10150306292051026_64822581025_8119899_1170095387_n.jpg

Is there any point in setting pass assistance to zero? That is what I have been doing, but does it effect your passes or players making runs? I use the L2 modifier for every pass, so should I move pass assistance up to 1 or 2?

Struggling to get into demo 2, I dont know what it is but I am getting no enjoyment from it. Gonna go give FIFA a go :JAY:.

I was at GAMEfest today and played a code of PES that was slightly newer than the 2nd demo code and included all the teams

One thing i noticed was a different camera angle.

sdc11430h.jpg

This pic shows that camera angle, it was labelled as wide when I checked but it looks slightly higher and further out, that it is on the demo

Wondering if you think it is different.

Aren't the camera angles slightly different between stadiums? I was playing on Wide one time and it was fine, then a little later I felt the action was to far away to see it properly.

I'm very disappointed about defense:too easy to concede goal...
I think defense is broken because AI attackers and midfielders have been tweaked up too much in 2nd demo by Konami.
In other words, no matter who is the AI player, his core abilities (agility, dribbling, response...) have been artificially increased and the teams are now more leveled.
I see things on the field terrifying me:Internacional players who continuously control the ball and dribble like Messi. I think there good pass rate is over 90%, while in real life is about 70%-75%.

Therefore gameplay in 2nd demo has been destroyed, in the best tradition of konami.
I'm not optimistic because Konami does not listen to his fans and makes bad decisions based only on the internal feedback Company (probably some Marketing Guru who does not understand anything about football).
< The second demo is worse than the first -----------> The final game will probably be worse than the 2nd demo>

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed about defense:too easy to concede goal...
I thinks defense is broken because AI attackers and midfielders have been tweaked up too much in 2nd demo by Konami.
In other words, no matter who is the AI player, his core abilities (agility, dribbling, response...) have been artificially increased and the teams are now more leveled.
I see things on the field terrifying me:Internacional players who continuously control the ball and dribble like Messi. I think there good pass rate is over 90%, while in real life is about 70%-75%.

Therefore gameplay in 2nd demo has been destroyed, in the best tradition of konami.
I'm not optimistic because Konami does not listen to his fans and makes bad decisions based only on the internal feedback Company (probably some Marketing Guru who does not understand anything about football).
< The second demo is worse than the first -----------> The final game will probably be worse than the 2nd demo>

The AI is good. But not THAT good. I've just kept a clean sheet in a 20 minute game, but using R2 and never slide tackling. Them finding it easy to score is because you're probably not defending very well ;)

It's not impossible. You just patiently block off the AI's route, and don't be afraid to bring down a player who tries to burst through.

The second demo is far, far better than the first.

The AI is good. But not THAT good. I've just kept a clean sheet in a 20 minute game, but using R2 and never slide tackling. Them finding it easy to score is because you're probably not defending very well ;)

It's not impossible. You just patiently block off the AI's route, and don't be afraid to bring down a player who tries to burst through.

The second demo is far, far better than the first.

Ok,thanks for tip..
Sure i'm not defending very well, but after about 15 years of playing Pes i can not do much better..

Please take a look on other forums about "broken defense" :you'll see that there are many people who think like me.
Cheers

"Broken defense" that's what they said about PES5 defending too and it was dumbed down to PES 6 again. Sometimes I hope Seabass doesn't listen to feedback...

Back
Top Bottom