PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I joined the darkside of EA after Konami failed to make the transition from PS2 to PS3 with their first (second and third) next gen attempt.

I'd been playing WE/PES since the SNES and laughed at anyone who considered FIFA a better sim. So it wasn't an easy decision to make when I turned my back on Konami (or ConArmy as I called them in those dark days) and the PES franchise. But IMHO EA over the past 3 years have produced the better next gen football game.

That is, until today. After playing both demos for the past couple of days, it gives me great pleasure to say...

KONAMI, I'M COMING HOME!

Last edited:
I joined the darkside of EA after Konami failed to make the transition from PS2 to PS3 with their first (second and third) next gen attempt.

I'd been playing WE/PES since the SNES and laughed at anyone who considered FIFA a better sim. So it wasn't an easy decision to make when I turned my back on Konami (or ConArmy as I called them in those dark days) and the PES franchise. But IMHO EA over the past 3 years have produced the better next gen football game.

That is, until today. After playing both demos for the past couple of days, it gives me great pleasure to say...

KONAMI, I'M COMING HOME!
Bloody hell. So it were six years ago when you said "I'm just nipping shop for some fags".

Bloody hell. So it were six years ago when you said "I'm just nipping shop for some fags".

LOL! Not quite, but found my post from back then though....

7 October 08, 21:18 #7816
Verbal Kint
Sunday League

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS OR POLITICAL CHA
Been a fan of the series since the SNES, been coming to this site (found it via KCET'S FINEST. Remember that?? CLASSIC D WHERE ARE YOU???!) for over 5 years now. I used to make it my duty to convert people from FIFA to WE/PES.

But this year, for the very first time, I will NOT be supporting Konami - for the numerous reasons which have already been outlined in this thread.

I sincerely hope Konami get there act together in 2010, but until then, FIFA 09 (although not perfect) is my new weapon of choice, and I'm loving it!!!

This maybe be a bug in the demo : It happened to me 4 times in a row...3 by mistake and one on purpose...All the 4 times i was attacking and i made a FULL bar MANUAL modifier cross from the half of the court to the penalty spot...The ball went up high,bounced,and the keeper rushed like crazy but the ball went above him to the net all 4 times.I was playing all games spurs (me),rangers (cpu).Have anyone noticed this???

LOL! Not quite, but found my post from back then though....

7 October 08, 21:18 #7816
Verbal Kint
Sunday League

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS OR POLITICAL CHA
Been a fan of the series since the SNES, been coming to this site (found it via KCET'S FINEST. Remember that?? CLASSIC D WHERE ARE YOU???!) for over 5 years now. I used to make it my duty to convert people from FIFA to WE/PES.

But this year, for the very first time, I will NOT be supporting Konami - for the numerous reasons which have already been outlined in this thread.

I sincerely hope Konami get there act together in 2010, but until then, FIFA 09 (although not perfect) is my new weapon of choice, and I'm loving it!!!
Well, hopefully the dark days are over and it really is back. Certainly looks like it.

Ok so I had a few more games last night. Growing on me and I think part of the reason it doesn't feel as good as it should is the lack of commentary. Just would give me that extra bit of spark to add excitement. Still think they should have included that instead of a 5 minute video.

I was playing on 1 bar passing assistance and then tried out 4 bars to see the difference. Didn't find any real advantage to it. Went to zero bars and didn't find much of a disadvantage to it. Compared to FIFA's fully manual, it's more rewarding than frustrating which is a good thing.

One thing I am not sure about yet is when the AI attacks you, they are getting onto the end of some nice counter attacks with headers and crosses but if I have a counter attack, I don't get enough players forward or their defence covers me too well to get a decent header in. anyone finding this? It's like they camp out with a deep line all the time.

Also noticed that sometimes I go to turn with the ball just using the left stick as the ball is coming to me and it makes the player not go for the ball - as if I had super cancelled. Am I doing something wrong?

yeah calcio i get that super cancel thing sometimes too

especially when they clear it to my defence and my defenders arent really in the screen yet, then when they appear my CB is miles away because im pushing the left stick!

Ok well let's hope it's a demo only bug!

The other thing I noticed is sometimes I find it a bit hectic to follow whether my player still has the ball around the edge of the 18 yard box. Maybe it's just the camera angle. I like pitch-side but found it a bit easier to follow when I switched to wide cam.

I also turn off player names and make the radar translucent as they just get in the way and hurt my eyes when the ball is flying around the place lol.

One thing I tried replicating last night when I played is how in a real game, often there are players who almost walk with the ball when they're passing or in and around the action. Not everyone is at 50 to 100% sprint speed when they play. If only the AI did this a bit more :P

Has anyone else played the 2nd demo on both the PS3 and the 360?

Because I have both and for me it's vastly superior on the 360, graphics especially. Really enjoyed the 360 version but pretty much can't stand the PS3 demo.

Ive played FIFA12 demo and PES2012 demo.. and even with all the FIFA12 flair, amazing animations,good impact engine, fantastic commentary, great postgame data and improved gameplay i still choose PES2012 because of the FOOTBALL SPIRIT!

When i play PES it feels like a football game, spirit of the game is captured on my screen, when i play FIFA it feels like im watching football on tv..

This year was hard for me to decide which one, FIFA series are great, but they still feel arcade for me.. i cant explain why.. its just feels like its not real... im not getting bond with my players... sounds strange but thats how i feel :)

So PES6 feeling is stronger than ever, animations looks better, goalkeepers still look odd and make stupid decisions sometimes, but that will be fixed on PC with a gameplay patch. Some player stats are off, will be fixed. Presentation is great, I prefer tunnel camera to FIFA commercial style game intro.

Also PES PC Modding community is amazing, kitservers,gameplay patches, new turfs, new stadiums.. wohoo.
Hail to the king, Pro Evolution Soccer is a true SANDBOX FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE! PES2012 Offline will be huge this year, cant wait to start new ML season!!

Ps. The pure joy of jumping out of seat running around home screaming yes yes yes GOAAAAAAAL.. the joy of victory.. PES is just a better football drug for me.. and this year it got even better.

Last edited:
PES is the bollocks this year. It took me a hundred games or so on the first demo to 'get it', and around twelve games as Inter to beat Bayern, all on Top Player, one bar assistance. Although I have to say, I can only play demo 2 on -1 speed setting, the CPU responsiveness with players like Ribbery and Robben are just too much for me at the moment.

-1 feels like 0 did on the first demo.

I played both games yesterday, FIFA and PES. I won my first game on World Class on FIFA with Barce v Milan. Same old exploits same way of playing. After playing PES first, the FIFA demo and AI now feel so stale there's no turning back. FIFA have changed their pitch this year to negate the problem with playing it like 22 rabbits in a hutch, but all that's done to be honest is give more space to hit the overpowered through ball, this seems like this years exploit - you heard it here first.

PES - so far - doens't have any soft points. It took me over forty (yes 4-0) games against Porto just to get a system to beat them more than not. Yesterday it took ages to beat Bayern. Then I tried to play Rangers and was dicked by their big target man Jelavic or something who was immense, he was deadly from corners and set plays. Then I played Spurs who hit cross after cross into the box using their speedy wingers.

It's f'kin brilliant. Master League this year should be one gigantic mother. The depth and thought that now goes into my gameplan screen is huge. The defence is a joy, I hardly press anything I just rely more or less totally on movement and positioning. I got not joy whatsoever winning 2-0 as Barce yesterday on FIFA. I got huge joy losing 3-1 to Rangers as Inter when I had just beaten Bayern 2-1.

I have a slight concern still with the keepers, who seem to pull off some saves that I think wow that's a worldy, but then let in something which I feel should have been easily stopped. But I'm no keeper. Overall though, I'm very pleased - Now it's over to KONAMI to completely fk it up for release and give the noobs something to cheer, remember kids just hold the pressure buttons - (facepalm) hope not!

Sooooo, there's a high chance we will get this crappy graphics on consoles. And then I have to deal with the stuttering problem on my xbox demo. This really irates me. PES11 was excellent in graphics and this demo 2 practically has the same stadium/player models as PES11. Makes no sense.

Someone needs to tweet John Murphy ASAP! Let him know that there is a standard set for consoles in the graphical department.

It is not exactly the same mate...look around the stadium...and you will notice photographers, security men, camera man, and trainers all in 3d and animated...In PES 11 they were not there and they are not animated

I can't believe how much better pes2012 looks on my PC compared with my xbox360. The 360 graphics are nice but my PC is so much more crisp. Also on my xbox the replays seem to stutter quite alot and i have no such issues on the pc. Its the same for fifa12 on XBOX compared to pc there's no where near the graphics and fluidity, thats if you have a decent PC of course.

Same old exploits same way of playing.

Care to elaborate on what exploits and what control mechanisms you are using. I'm playing manual, world class using TD and cant see any "exploits"

Has anyone else played the 2nd demo on both the PS3 and the 360?

Because I have both and for me it's vastly superior on the 360, graphics especially. Really enjoyed the 360 version but pretty much can't stand the PS3 demo.

I must admit the 360 version is a different game compared to the PS3 looks a lot nicer. They still need to fix the stuttering as it is annoying. Strange as ISS was always a playstation thing. Wish theyd make some kind of customizable camera angle. It can be done as it was hacked last year

Is anybody else finding that when the AI takes a corner there is no variation? time after time they keep putting it into the same spot in the centre of the box.

Well, I never understood why people play PES on the consoles. PC version was always better in every respect. Just play, buy PES for the PC and you will always have much better graphic, Highlights capture, Full list of real teams, leagues,thousands of additions,mods, patches and improvements .
You want to play PES on big TV ?? Its possible on PC.. i play on 42 " TV with VGA in.
You want to play PES with gamepad ?? There is thousands of models .. there is the GOD of gamepads = Logitech Rumble 2 !
No reason to playing PES on console for me..!

Last edited:
Well, I never understood why people play PES on the consoles. PS version was always better in every respect. Just play, buy PES for the PC will always have much better graphics, Highlights capture, thousands of additions and improvements .

It's feeling! PES = Playstation 4 Ever!:WORSHIP: On console you can edit very well. For me it's enough.

What do you mean better? For me it's the same game. I like play on console. Edit? Of course on Pc is better but i don't have time to patch a game. On PS3 edit is good enough in opinion.

Its same game, but for PC, u can make the game to look and feel how you want, just download what you want and install . Stadiums, icons, backgrounds, sounds...or gameplay patches, or all+one . For PS3 you can't do that. PC version always have better graphic, with or without patches

has anyone noticed when playing on -2 gamespeed, u see more of the indiviuality, and less animation stuttering, it does seem alil too slow at first but once u adjust to the pace its absolutely brilliant

PES is dirt easy on Professional. Literally a through ball fest. Defensive AI is so damn buggy when dealing with through balls, defenders just going to wrong direction or just stopping, I've lost count of the number of goals I've scored this way.

Yeah delete this post too motherfucker, cause I said the truth again. Truth that you don't like.

Instead I find it very competitive and fierce..
Try Rangers against Bayern:it's a great challenge

has anyone noticed when playing on -2 gamespeed, u see more of the indiviuality, and less animation stuttering, it does seem alil too slow at first but once u adjust to the pace its absolutely brilliant
I totally agree
Best gameplay speed at -2!
It runs very smooth

I think the fact that the UK version of PES comes out late is actually going to turn out a good thing for my nerves. At least I'll know if X Y Z issues still exist definitively.

PES is dirt easy on Professional. Literally a through ball fest. Defensive AI is so damn buggy when dealing with through balls, defenders just going to wrong direction or just stopping, I've lost count of the number of goals I've scored this way.

Yeah delete this post too motherfucker, cause I said the truth again. Truth that you don't like.

That might just be your death warrant signed and sealed... :CONFUSE:

On a different note, we had our PES Demo 2 Lads Night 2-Player Playtest last night and my findings were alot different from Demo 1's last week.....

Firstly, the game is so, so, so much tighter on Top Player, 2-Player. The scores from the first demo were 3-3, 4-3, 4-2 etc, pretty much high-ish scorelines. Last night's scores were completely different- 0-0, 1-0,0-0,0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 2-1, 3-1. The Ai seemed alot more organised this time around, and we really needed to genuinely earn any chance created. There were no gimmes at all, nothing even close. I remember scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win against my brother that had me punching the air, and the goal was nothing special either. A decent passing move saw Montenegro(sp) slip the ball out wide to an over-lapping full-back who whipped the ball in with R2 control for a powering header. That was it, but due to the lack of chances and goals, it felt like a World Cup Final winner. :WOOT:

Also, in my opinion, the heading animations are by far the best I've ever seen. So varied and relevant.

We are were all utilising the off-the-ball defending, and playing on Pass Assistance '0'. So it was anything but easy with the Copa Teams. I've never known a game of PES be so hard to break down in 2-player since PES 5. I truly mean that.

There were a couple of issues though that still need to be ironed out, namely the appearance of the 'Pass to the wrong player bug' that happened a few times. More annoying than anything else, as I'd somehow not experienced that during my limited PES 12 Demo 2 play-testing in single player mode.

The one thing I did realise last night though, and it was clear as day, is that the individuality for the passing is at it's most prominent when playing on 'Zero' Pass Assistance. There is no question about that, infact, I'd go as far as to say, it was the most prominent I have ever experienced in any PES game to date. Firstly, there is no such thing in PES as completely Manual, even on 'Zero' there is obvious assistance, but that is highlighted to the extreme due to the fact the lesser players have very little assistance, where as the better passers have what they need. This makes the individualism shine through quite dramatically in this regard. We played with the Copa Teams for the most part last night, we love that level of team, and they are the most well-matched with regards skill-sets. But it was D'Alessandro and Montenegro for Inter and America's that truly ran the show for their respective teams. And is was their influence in every match that produced the results.

D'Alessandro could seem to pick that ball over the top, or on the deck, or a little one round the back. His passing range was simply off the map compared to the rest of Inter. The same went for Montenegro. In order to be successful on 'Zero' Assistance, we truly needed to get these players on the ball, these players were the difference in every game without exception. And it was all down to their range of passing skills. Even to the point where they were splitting 3-4 players with a deftly weighted pass. The other players, in contrast, had so much contextual error in their passing, it just defined Monte and D'Aless even more so. Even with all the hours I had put in to the PES 11 Demo with Inter, and all the nice passes that D'Aless was making for me last year, it never came close to how he felt pulling the strings last night on PES 12 Demo 2.

There were points at the beginning of the session where I had considered switching to Pass Assistance 1, mainly because that was how I played Demo 1 and loved it, and because I was making alot of passing errors. The reason I didnt change in the end was because of this pronounced individualism in the passing from D'Aless and Monte. Also, it felt so rewarding when you could pull off a great passing move, knowing you fully deserved it. It was the same for appreciating what my opponents were doing, when my brother cut me open with some fantastic triangles, I appreciated completely what he had just done, because I knew how hard it was was to complete what he just pulled off before my eyes. Such a great sense of satisfaction. :)

We didnt see many issues with the keepers last night, and to be honest, most games ended with stats like 4(1)-6(2) in the shots on goal/target ratios. True midfield battles with very little give or clear-cut chances. This was so far removed from the week before and Demo 1.

As we concluded our session last night, the words that were uttered as everyone left echoed the very same sentiment - 'Fuck, that game is hard'. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom